Thread: Still Nice Weather - One Last Ride up to the Hills?

Name: Mike

Default Still Nice Weather - One Last Ride up to the Hills?

First off, let me apologize for the lack of introduction - I just found/joined this group this week, the weekend's coming up, and time's a'wasting - I assure you, intro will come later.

The weather is looking good for this weekend, and no telling how many more of these we have remaining until next spring. So, I would definitely enjoy getting out and riding up in the hills Saturday on my SV1000s!

Thing is, I have a (rare) choice to make Saturday morning: a couple work buddies of mine are taking a ride up to Mariposa to meet a few more bikes for lunch. These guys all ride cruisers.

My other choice is to join up with another group heading up to Squaw Valley. This group rides Goldwings mainley.

If you ride a sport, or a sport-tour like myself, can you see my dilemma? It's not the destination, as either are nice rides. And both groups are great people. It's just that I tend to ride ahead of the group, stop and wait, and repeat. I might as well be riding by myself. And before you ask, yes, I have tried just staying within the group. But those lower riding speeds in the hills on a sport bike tend to aggravate my back pain even more than my normal pace.

I guess what I'm asking is would any fellow sport riders care to join me on either ride? Or even head off in a completely different direction? I've ridden most of the roads between 198 to Sequoia and 49 to Mariposa.

Name: Patrick
    Bikes: 2005 RC51

Default Re: Still Nice Weather - One Last Ride up to the Hills?

I know you posted this up for Saturday, but we are riding out Sunday and you should join us if you can!-see the other thread on the home page. I would join you Saturday, but I have a bday party to go to
    Old sport bikes just have more character.

Thanks for the invite - I think I might have to try n make this, as long as I don't oversleep

Name: Jeff
    Bikes: 2007 VFR800

Welcome to the forum. I agree with JETSTREAM, you should definitely try and make it out Sunday...

Bikes: DUCATI ST3-S

Lol,I sure wish i lived in clovis... I have to come from Kingsburg...5:00 am is automatic for this old vato...Mike "You Can Do it" lol
    See Ya,Wouldn't want to be ya