Thread: Finally got to hit Laguna Seca

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Name: Jon
    Bikes: Not enough!!

Default Finally got to hit Laguna Seca

Well, after about 10 years of saying riding Laguna Seca was on my bucket list, I finally got to check it off this past weekend.

My bike had been parked in the garage untouched for about the last 4 years, and when I finally decided to get back into the sport and throw some money at my bike, I still had hesitations on if I was throwing money away on something I might not want to do again. After my buddy convinced me that if I dialed it in I would have a great time, I decided to give it the full race bike treatment. Fortunately I got smokin deals on everything because I was reminded why track riding became strenuous in the first place, it's friggin expensive! But, it all came to fruition this weekend when I got my bike back from Gary at Meen Motorsports who threw the kitchen sink at it, and it blew me away in the difference everything made. My jaw hurt by the second session from the smile I had going ear to ear, not to mention the fact I was on one of the most iconic tracks in American road racing history. It was truly one of the greatest days of my life.

I'll try and update with some pictures if I find any on the photographers website when they load them, but you can see myself and Josh talking about the day and some video of (mostly him) and myself riding with a special guest on Josh's new YouTube series; "life of a racer" at the following link:
    Braaap!

Name: Ray
    Bikes: 04 Ducati 749-R

Default Re: Finally got to hit Laguna Seca

Glad you had such a grrrreat time.
    2Crn 7-14
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Name: Patrick
    Bikes: 2005 RC51

Congrats on the great experience! I got to ride Laguna last year, and I agree-it's a truly amazing experience. So...gonna hit Buttonwillow with us for Turkeydaz right??
    Old sport bikes just have more character.

Name: Jon
    Bikes: Not enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream01 View Post
    Congrats on the great experience! I got to ride Laguna last year, and I agree-it's a truly amazing experience. So...gonna hit Buttonwillow with us for Turkeydaz right??
    Trying to. Groups are full and Josh might be in Georgia but he said if not he'd go for sure.
    Braaap!

Name: William
    Bikes: 1998 Honda CBR900RR, 2005 Honda CBR1000RR, 2005 Suzuki GSX-R750

Too cool @JonJon, @Josh Herrin rocks!

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Name: CHOU
    Bikes: 02 GIXXER TELEFONICA is for sale, 2008 ninja 250 race bike

Nice! I just saw this other vid last week. It's got some nice slow mo action shots.
    Ride safe and Have a nice day!