Thread: 2009 to 2011 front end upgrade

Name: Sean Shawn Seun
    Bikes: 08 CBR1k, 01 & 08 GSXR 750

Default 2009 to 2011 front end upgrade

Has anyone attempted to swap(upgrade) their front end from a K9 to 2011 600/750 (GSXR)? I purchased a complete 2011 front end to put on my 750. I was wondering what was the pros and cons and if I had to use the top of the 2011 triple tree or is the one I am using just fine?
    Last edited by Sean RR; Jul 28th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

Im with street fanatics!! SF Boyz's Avatar

Name: Sonikkboom Performance
    Bikes: Closest one to the gate..

Default Re: 2009 to 2011 front end upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Sean RR View Post
    Has anyone attempted to swap(upgrade) their front end from a K9 to 2011 600/750 (GSXR)? I purchased a complete 2011 front end to put on my 750. I was wondering what was the pros and cons and if I had to use the top of the 2011 triple tree or is the one I am using just fine?
    Gotta change it all, nice little upgrade brembos...and not attempted, I've done many....
    what do I do..build/repair/engine swap/sell aftermarket and factory parts/used parts/make custom decals/screen printing/ banners/business cards/promo pinback,magnets,mirrors buttons for all occasions/embroidery coming soon Insurance work welcome...

Sh8 well I have to replace a piston that fell out, and took some nicks, and a washer for a caliper or else I wouldve mounted it already. All this has done is give me time to inquire... Plus I want to ensure I dont have to use the 2011 triple tree top half because that I do not have...

Sh8 well I have to replace a piston that fell out, and took some nicks, and a washer for a caliper or else I wouldve mounted it already. All this has done is give me time to inquire... Plus I want to ensure I dont have to use the 2011 triple tree top half because that I do not have...
    So are you using just the forks and hydraulics?
    what do I do..build/repair/engine swap/sell aftermarket and factory parts/used parts/make custom decals/screen printing/ banners/business cards/promo pinback,magnets,mirrors buttons for all occasions/embroidery coming soon Insurance work welcome...

No, I guess tomorrow I will be removing my lower triple tree. I dont have the top half so I will find out if I can use the one I already have... I have racetech internals for my new Showas so I will have to i
    install those first

No, I guess tomorrow I will be removing my lower triple tree. I dont have the top half so I will find out if I can use the one I already have... I have racetech internals for my new Showas so I will have to i
    install those first

Which wheel are you using?

Can only use the 2012 front wheel. The axles are different and everything... They're two completely different bikes. But I think you knew that
    I need to stop by your shop. I want to get this done so I can attend the track day at Buttonwillow on the 3rd to test it all out. Then let it hang out with LetsRide on the 8th

U sign up for 3rd already?

Nope. Not until I figure this out. I've paid for way too many trackdays in the past and ended up working on my bike there instead of riding. I only want to go the 3rd because I wanted to meet some of the guys going from the forum, and test the front end of course. sorry you just wanted a yes or no...?

I'm heading to CycleGear to pick up a bottle of brake oil and some parts later. Send me a PM if you're going to be around