Thread: gas in the oil?

its time to ride again! easyrider's Avatar

Name: daniel
    Bikes: 2005 ninja ex 250, 2000 R1 (stolen)

Default gas in the oil?

So im hsving a problem on my 05 ninja 250... its been running great no power loss issues or anything. So I rode up to pineflat the other day and not one issue. I parked it for the night, thw next morning I tried to start it and it acted like it was flooded so I let it sit for awhile and while it was doing that I cgecked all the fluids and the oil lokked to be really full and discolored. So I drained the oil. It was a light milky brown color and smelled severly of gas.. it had atleast a quart of gas in the oil. Anyone have a clue what this is? Oh ya I never took imy bike over 9k rpms and I redline at 14k rpm

Im with street fanatics!! SF Boyz's Avatar

Name: Sonikkboom Performance
    Bikes: Closest one to the gate..

Default Re: gas in the oil?

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    So im hsving a problem on my 05 ninja 250... its been running great no power loss issues or anything. So I rode up to pineflat the other day and not one issue. I parked it for the night, thw next morning I tried to start it and it acted like it was flooded so I let it sit for awhile and while it was doing that I cgecked all the fluids and the oil lokked to be really full and discolored. So I drained the oil. It was a light milky brown color and smelled severly of gas.. it had atleast a quart of gas in the oil. Anyone have a clue what this is? Oh ya I never took imy bike over 9k rpms and I redline at 14k rpm
    ****ed up motor from now on... Chocolate milk is no good
    what do I do..build/repair/engine swap/sell aftermarket and factory parts/used parts/make custom decals/screen printing/ banners/business cards/promo pinback,magnets,mirrors buttons for all occasions/embroidery coming soon Insurance work welcome...

Name: Randy
    Bikes: What ever has gas

I thought gas made thin oil.
    Coolant made a milkshake.
    If you can't laugh at yourself...............I will.
    Play = Controlled Chaos
    Kick death in the balls & say "Get the f**k out of my way

Well david I hoped u would have something different to say!!!! I was really hoping it was gonna be a easy fix.....but when anyone says it like that I kinda figure im screwed! Thanx guys!

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Well david I hoped u would have something different to say!!!! I was really hoping it was gonna be a easy fix.....but when anyone says it like that I kinda figure im screwed! Thanx guys!
    Well I didn't want to beat around the bush lol... I guess its time to to chuck the purrrr and get a vroom vroom..
    what do I do..build/repair/engine swap/sell aftermarket and factory parts/used parts/make custom decals/screen printing/ banners/business cards/promo pinback,magnets,mirrors buttons for all occasions/embroidery coming soon Insurance work welcome...

Name: Ian
    Bikes: have two wheels and go brm brm brm

I have a motor for it!!
    www.rigsmotorsports.com
    Bikes and Parts bought and sold Worldwide!
    Just in.... BMW R1150RT, R1200RT, R1100R, K100RS, K100LT K1200LT...MV Agusta F4, Aprilia Falco, RSV4 & Mana, KZ1000, GSXR's, CBR's, R1, R6, TL1000R, TL1000S + more!!

I can install it, see life is great.

Name: Ray
    Bikes: 04 Ducati 749-R

Carbureted?

Float needle and seat not sealing and it dribbled fuel into the cylinder overnight and it leaked past the rings into the crankcase.

Was the oil thin and light in color or was it milky?
    Milky is water in the oil, light in color is diluted (fuel).
    2Crn 7-14
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Name: Michael
    Bikes: 08 530 EXC-R | 04 KTM 950 Adventure | 86 TLR 200

Yall are aweful.

The motor isnt toast for sure. It might be... but not for sure. I have had that happen on a few biles. One I put 10k miles on it after it did it and it was fine.

Just drain the motor really good. Refil, turn the motor over a few times drain ... repeat. Do this till the oil doesnt come out smelling like gas. Oh course take it around the block a few times gently and listen for funny noises.

Sure its not good for the motor, but its not nessisarily then end of the world. You need to figure out what caused it and fix that first.

Sounds like a hung up float valve if gas only.

The "milky" color might be bad news if it comes back after draining the oil.
    Central California Dualsport Enthusiast
    Please don't feed the trolls
    http://www.facebook.com/montibank

Thanx michale ill give it a try snd see.....and david I wish I could upgrade right now!!