Thread: Need club-related help with research for a book

Name: Eddie
    Bikes: '09 ZX6R

Default Need club-related help with research for a book

Hey all, I'm relatively new to the forum, but have been riding one form of motorcycle or another for most of my life. I'm also a writer. I'm currently starting a book, which is a new venture for me. I've been a working journalist for more than 10 years, but this is my first shot at going beyond articles and putting a full book together. I'm researching several things for this book, but there is one area in particular that I think members of this forum could help me with, if you'd be so inclined.

I'd like to talk to officers or founders of M/C's around here to get an idea of the structure, the overall club scene around here and throughout the state. I definitely want to understand the sport-oriented clubs really well, but information from all areas of the moto world is needed, so that means Harley clubs as well.

I'm writing fiction, so none of the information I gather will be used specifically. To write good fiction, you need to have a good understanding of reality, though. I'd be happy to meet up and buy my "sources" a beer or drink at Starbucks, or do it over the phone and/or email. Whatever works. If you think you have valuable information and are willing to share, feel free to email me @ motopress@hotmail.com or PM me here on the forum. Thanks guys (and gals).
    Eddie

Im with street fanatics!! SF Boyz's Avatar

Name: Sonikkboom Performance
    Bikes: Closest one to the gate..

Default Re: Need club-related help with research for a book

Come to my bike nights and u can talk to many people,mc,loanerz,solo,gramps,teams,racers...
    what do I do..build/repair/engine swap/sell aftermarket and factory parts/used parts/make custom decals/screen printing/ banners/business cards/promo pinback,magnets,mirrors buttons for all occasions/embroidery coming soon Insurance work welcome...

Name: Jerry
    Bikes: 07 R1 & Building a 07 Gee'ser 125 Track Bike

Quote Originally Posted by SF Boyz View Post
    Come to my bike nights and u can talk to many people,mc,loanerz,solo,gramps,teams,racers...
    He would need to know when/where these Bike Nights will be. Just like the rest of us
    I'm thinking 9th through 18th are a bunch of pu$$ies -Collin Edwards

Im with street fanatics!! SF Boyz's Avatar

Name: Sonikkboom Performance
    Bikes: Closest one to the gate..

Quote Originally Posted by rated_r1 View Post
    He would need to know when/where these Bike Nights will be. Just like the rest of us
    Well just like the rest of u guys u will know when the time comes...
    what do I do..build/repair/engine swap/sell aftermarket and factory parts/used parts/make custom decals/screen printing/ banners/business cards/promo pinback,magnets,mirrors buttons for all occasions/embroidery coming soon Insurance work welcome...

Keep me posted. I'll definitely try to make it.
    Eddie

Name: Brian

You would be better of googling it, most club members are told not to talk about what goes on in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by lstvtec View Post
    You would be better of googling it, most club members are told not to talk about what goes on in the club.
    this is a good chance to clarify. I don't need any specific info about any club. What I'm after more is knowledge about how clubs are formed, how they become "official," etc. What's the process to go from a casual club or group of friends to getting the right to wear patches and rockers? That's the kind of stuff I need to know, so I don't think anyone would have to risk breaking club rules to talk with me. Thanks for the reply.
    Eddie

Banned

Name: Josh
    Bikes: 07' Road Glide

Quote Originally Posted by syndicate559 View Post
    this is a good chance to clarify. I don't need any specific info about any club. What I'm after more is knowledge about how clubs are formed, how they become "official," etc. What's the process to go from a casual club or group of friends to getting the right to wear patches and rockers? That's the kind of stuff I need to know, so I don't think anyone would have to risk breaking club rules to talk with me. Thanks for the reply.
    what kinda clubs are u talking about?

any and all clubs. Wanna get a feel for all aspects, everything from buddies who form a little riding club all the way up to the full blown patch-and-rocker set.
    Eddie

Banned

any and all clubs. Wanna get a feel for all aspects, everything from buddies who form a little riding club all the way up to the full blown patch-and-rocker set.
    i think someone said it earlier, but Good luck with the last part.

Name: Kenny & Emmalynn
    Bikes: Kawasaki 1985 ZL900, 2007 Mean Streak, 2003 Road King '08 Yamaha Raider

I think you can find that info on line are on T/V . and you may want to becareful just walking up to a M/C and asking stuff you don't need to know about.
    KRAYZ1
    "God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy"
    "A zest for living must include a willingness to die."

Holy hell guys, this isn't unprecedented stuff. Somebody is always willing to talk. Most aren't, but some are, which is why I asked on this forum, if you're willing to give me some anonymous information, hit me up. Pretty simple. I've been a journalist for a long time, been around bikes and riders of all types even longer, so you don't have to tell me not to walk up to a bunch of HAs and start asking questions about their club

So I'll say it again: If you're affiliated and want to shoot the ***** with me some time, let me know. I'd really appreciate it. If you don't want to talk, it's cool. Like I said, someone will eventually, and I'm patient. If you're only willing to cover certain topics, that's fine too. I'll take whatever you're willing to offer, so even if it's only one little nugget of info, it's better than nothing and could end up being really helpful.
    Eddie

Banned

Holy hell guys, this isn't unprecedented stuff. Somebody is always willing to talk. Most aren't, but some are, which is why I asked on this forum, if you're willing to give me some anonymous information, hit me up. Pretty simple. I've been a journalist for a long time, been around bikes and riders of all types even longer, so you don't have to tell me not to walk up to a bunch of HAs and start asking questions about their club

So I'll say it again: If you're affiliated and want to shoot the ***** with me some time, let me know. I'd really appreciate it. If you don't want to talk, it's cool. Like I said, someone will eventually, and I'm patient. If you're only willing to cover certain topics, that's fine too. I'll take whatever you're willing to offer, so even if it's only one little nugget of info, it's better than nothing and could end up being really helpful.
    i understand what ur saying completely and u have the right approach goin into it! its just that my prospects arent even exposed to MOST of the club stuff so like u already know it can be a little difficult. like i said good luck and id love to read it when its published.

your business is your own SOUN1's Avatar

Name: SOUN
    Bikes: (2) 05 ZX10R sold , 05 ZX6R "put 2 sleep"

Watch Gangland (biker gang) on the History Channel..it gives you all the info..
    Never forget who help you.
    Never forgive who do you wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SOUN1 View Post
    Watch Gangland (biker gang) on the History Channel..it gives you all the info..
    lmao!!!

Name: Forest
    Bikes: '02 Kawi ZX6R, '02 CBR954rr,'06 CBR600rr Track Bike

These guys are deep into the scene, wear patches, and got secrets that would sully your soul. Why don't you start here?...
    Attachment 17932

Forget their secrets, I want one of those hats
    Eddie

Name: tony
    Bikes: yamaha R6, suzuki drz 250

watch sons of anarchy.. biker boyz thatshould give some clue aswell