PDA

View Full Version : Crash Analysis....

telly
Dec 6th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Well i was going through my computer and found my old trackday vid from buttonwillow. I low sided and got it on video. Now ive learned that the worst thing about a crash is not knowing what caused it so you can try to not replicate it again. Ive shown some people this video and they cant really give me an answer.

I low sided going through the bus stop not doing anything different from the previous lap. I just want to hear from the avid trackday goers what you think. Also i was on a really ****ty rear tire. I still have not gone to the track with worthy trackday tires. But thats all going to change next time since i got an extra set of wheels for the track =)

Here is the crash vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl0qsgUJzQY

Here is the whole vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0tDoRTD04Y

junior
Dec 7th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Itcan be many things there are a couple bumps there that's are hard on suspension at full lean and with crappy tires no bueno.... The day you highsided you were worried about your tires and remember I told you to just get new rubber it's not worth it I've had to give away new track tires because I was not confident in them... My theory if it's even the tiniest bit sketchy I won't use it not worth it... Hopefully you learned from your crash... It will make you a more conscious rider... Oh by the way when do you plan to get back out there:word:

mrlopez
Dec 7th, 2010, 07:32 AM
:confused2: sorry can't help I went trough the same thing except was on the Mazda turn, twice!!!

OG CBR Ryder
Dec 7th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Wow, wierd. All I can imagine from viewing that video is that your rear tire just wasnt up to the task. From the audio, I couldnt hear any strange acceleration, and your body position looked good.

Do you think your rear tire was not inflated to the proper pressure?

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 7th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I watched the video on my crappy cell phone but it almost sounds & looks like you were a little choppy on the throttle and goosed it too much out of the corner.

junior
Dec 7th, 2010, 10:21 AM
He answered half the question himself he said and knew he was on crappy tires anyone that can say that whether expert or novice is bound to crash!

telly
Dec 7th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah for sure. I will never doubt my instincts again. From now on it will be good rubber. I remember you telling me Jr about the tires. Lesson learned.

I should try to go again by next summer. Still need gear though.

PrecisionRiding
Dec 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah for sure. I will never doubt my instincts again. From now on it will be good rubber. I remember you telling me Jr about the tires. Lesson learned.

I should try to go again by next summer. Still need gear though.

Good tires are the cheapest insurance you can get. Remember, you are at the track, you are there to push the limits of the bike. Even with good tires, those bikes have enough horsepower to spin the tire, so if you are riding at 75% or more of your speed range, you should be on good rubber.

I would say bad tires or cold tires, don't know what lap you were on in the session but when it is cold, sometimes it takes even two laps before the tire comes in without tires warmers

too much throttle to soon. Most of the time your tire will spin up on the slower turns, rarely on the fast stuff. It is usually due to lean angle and picking up the throttle too hard, not too fast, because that turn you want to transfer weight to your rear tire because the font is loaded heavy on that entry when really moving.

Good tires also makes the whole riding experience better. transitions more smoothly, less wierd tracking and surface feedback. Also your suspension can help alot.
What brand of tires were they.
What cold pressure were you running

Remember you dont make time up in the slow turns, the fast turns and straights is where you make up the most cumulative time, so trying to get out of the slower turns too fast sometimes sets you up for disaster, however that is not really that slow of a turn, that is a momentum turn. Often times letting a slower guy in front of you lead a little bit before you get to it and then carry more momentum through the turn will give you enough velocity to pass on that exit just from a faster momentum or corner speed.

sPAnKy1600
Dec 12th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Good tires are the cheapest insurance you can get. Remember, you are at the track, you are there to push the limits of the bike. Even with good tires, those bikes have enough horsepower to spin the tire, so if you are riding at 75% or more of your speed range, you should be on good rubber.

I would say bad tires or cold tires, don't know what lap you were on in the session but when it is cold, sometimes it takes even two laps before the tire comes in without tires warmers

too much throttle to soon. Most of the time your tire will spin up on the slower turns, rarely on the fast stuff. It is usually due to lean angle and picking up the throttle too hard, not too fast, because that turn you want to transfer weight to your rear tire because the font is loaded heavy on that entry when really moving.

Good tires also makes the whole riding experience better. transitions more smoothly, less wierd tracking and surface feedback. Also your suspension can help alot.
What brand of tires were they.
What cold pressure were you running

Remember you dont make time up in the slow turns, the fast turns and straights is where you make up the most cumulative time, so trying to get out of the slower turns too fast sometimes sets you up for disaster, however that is not really that slow of a turn, that is a momentum turn. Often times letting a slower guy in front of you lead a little bit before you get to it and then carry more momentum through the turn will give you enough velocity to pass on that exit just from a faster momentum or corner speed.

:+1:
Worded perfectly for you