PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Warrior Dirt - Gorman vs. Hollister

montibank
Dec 1st, 2010, 05:22 PM
So trying to decide where to go this weekend to play on the dirty bike, got non-plated bikes along so going to stick to dirt only and would prefer to keep it as legal as I can.

Miami: Closed
Millwood: Closed
Hungry Valley/Gorman: 100% open with only a chance of slight drizzle on sunday
Hollister Hills:

Upper Ranch: Closed
Lower Ranch: 70% Open (aka top half)
Renz Property: Closed

I am leaning towards Gorman - had a blast my last two times out that way and it has been a few years. Anyone interested?

~

Michael

mrlopez
Dec 1st, 2010, 05:49 PM
Never been to Gorman, is it like Ransburg?

montibank
Dec 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM
Never been to Gorman, is it like Ransburg?

Hummm ... no not really. Randsburg is acutally a town (http://www.randsburg.com/)- think wide open spaces its a desert at sea level. There are some natural springs not too far away. That would be flat out riding 35-70 mph, or more depending on how intent on damaging yourself you are.

Gorman is actually a riding park high desert (er 3000-7000 feet?) But all maintained trails. Riding 20-40 mph hills hills hills. Not much in the way of trees but lots of scrub brush.

Gorman Pictures here: http://www.ohvguide.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

JonJon
Dec 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM
If it's not insanely muddy, Hollister should be amazing riding right now. I'd be lyin' if I said I wasn't Jealous. :(

montibank
Dec 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM
If it's not insanely muddy, Hollister should be amazing riding right now. I'd be lyin' if I said I wasn't Jealous. :(
Sorry.

Slick is fun - to watch yer buddies fall! :evilgrin0013:

Last time out there I got some awesome faceplant views from a buddy on his brandspankin new KFX(?) 450... It was glorious.:p

JonJon
Dec 1st, 2010, 06:15 PM
Sorry.

Slick is fun - to watch yer buddies fall! :evilgrin0013:

Last time out there I got some awesome faceplant views from a buddy on his brandspankin new KFX(?) 450... It was glorious.:p

:laugh: Awesome. Can't wait to ride with ya soon!

svbrady
Dec 1st, 2010, 06:19 PM
you goin sat ur or sun

svbrady
Dec 1st, 2010, 06:41 PM
i work sat im off on sunday,,was gona ride local but should be able to take trip

montibank
Dec 1st, 2010, 08:30 PM
i work sat im off on sunday,,was gona ride local but should be able to take trip

Soun wanted to go sunday - thats fine really. Well where local?

mrlopez
Dec 1st, 2010, 08:39 PM
Soun wanted to go sunday - thats fine really. Well where local?

Dont forget to take your camera, :evilgrin0013: :rolleyes:

svbrady
Dec 1st, 2010, 08:44 PM
were i usually go is pretty snowed out,so thought id go fart around at running horse,...

svbrady
Dec 1st, 2010, 08:46 PM
were i usually go is pretty snowed out,so thought id go fart around at running horse,...

had a blast in the snow for a short while though,,but now one else wanted to give it a shot..the snow kept the mud off the bike:D

montibank
Dec 1st, 2010, 09:50 PM
had a blast in the snow for a short while though,,but now one else wanted to give it a shot..the snow kept the mud off the bike:D

heheh.... Well there are some places I would go dualsporting up the hill but not dirtbiking this time of year.

I am a little worried about noise compliance ... I am set but I dunno about soun's bike. Is yer exhaust noise/spark compliant? Hate to make plans to ride somewhere only to earn someone a ticket.

~

Michael

montibank
Dec 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM
Humm .. well it might actually be compliant...

http://www.procircuit.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=34575&idcategory=268

More support for it:

http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-20/exhaust-system-wr426-5777/#post77037

montibank
Dec 2nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Bike prepped and ready.

Anyone else interested?

svbrady
Dec 2nd, 2010, 07:18 PM
i have stock pipe gutted,with pro moto billet usda choice sparky,,,not worried about ticket.

montibank
Dec 3rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
No word from Soun yet. :confused2:

If he doesn't call back tonight can you go tomorrow instead? I would like to ride saturady - (church sunday and I like a day to clean the bike / rest after riding)

I still gotta few people to call. Gotta get a hold of Tanner - I know sundays are his only days to ride.

svbrady
Dec 3rd, 2010, 05:42 PM
got to work sat. im just goin to stick around town go riding sun at running with some friends. mabe next time when we have a fursure date nailed down

montibank
Dec 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
got to work sat. im just goin to stick around town go riding sun at running with some friends. mabe next time when we have a fursure date nailed down

Rats - kk.

I'm curious where this "around town" riding is lol but no worries. Tulare Track open on sundays?

mrlopez
Dec 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Rats - kk.

I'm curious where this "around town" riding is lol but no worries. Tulare Track open on sundays?

Just postpone with the Mrs for next weekend and I'll go :-)

montibank
Dec 3rd, 2010, 07:04 PM
Just postpone with the Mrs for next weekend and I'll go :-)

I wish I could go next weekend. I truckload of buddies are going to the desert next weekend ahhhhrg! That is going to be a BLAST. They are going to randsburg I believe. Piss on it.

I tried to talk the Mrs into letting me go next weekend - she has some corporate christmas party and I just don't get it. Party with the people you work with - that is a recipie for disaster! I don't want people to know how I really am!:evilgrin0013:

Woo hooo get trash while the boss is watch and accidentally oogle his wife half drunk outa my mind. No thanks - count me out.

mrlopez
Dec 3rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
I wish I could go next weekend. I truckload of buddies are going to the desert next weekend ahhhhrg! That is going to be a BLAST. They are going to randsburg I believe. Piss on it.

I tried to talk the Mrs into letting me go next weekend - she has some corporate christmas party and I just don't get it. Party with the people you work with - that is a recipie for disaster! I don't want people to know how I really am!:evilgrin0013:

Woo hooo get trash while the boss is watch and accidentally oogle his wife half drunk outa my mind. No thanks - count me out.

Uhmm maybe I'll go with your buddies :evilgrin0013::D

montibank
Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Uhmm maybe I'll go with your buddies :evilgrin0013::D

I imagine you would be welcomed. Yer bike is just right for it.

mrlopez
Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
I imagine you would be welcomed. Yer bike is just right for it.

I'll take Soun bike with my plate :evilgrin0013:

JonJon
Dec 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM

I have to go to my girlfriends work party the 11th! I just asked her, "You sure I'M the person you want to bring to your new job's Christmas party? :evilgrin0013:"

svbrady
Dec 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Rats - kk.

running horse is the only place around town,,,dude are married to yer mom or your wife,,get some balls man,,

mrlopez
Dec 4th, 2010, 09:28 AM
running horse is the only place around town,,,dude are married to yer mom or your wife,,get some balls man,,

Boths :evilgrin0013:

montibank
Dec 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Ya I know. Actually she told me I could with that look on her face that also says she will cry later when im not looking.
New baby has been a challenge ...

JonJon
Dec 4th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Ya I know. Actually she told me I could with that look on her face that also says she will cry later when im not looking.

Family first man. Screw the critics. :dblthumb2:

mrlopez
Dec 4th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Family first man. Screw the critics. :dblthumb2:

Yeah what he say, but we still going to give you a hard time :evilgrin0013:

montibank
Dec 5th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Got some video... Ill upload as soon as I can.

mrlopez
Dec 5th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Got some video... Ill upload as soon as I can.

Where's that video? Is been more then 15 hours :evilgrin0013:

montibank
Dec 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Where's that video? Is been more then 15 hours :evilgrin0013:

Lol trying to re-encode it now... as soon as that is done I'll upload to facebook then link

Might take me a bit. Each time I recompile it the FPS are way off ... and each trial takes 9 minutes.

mrlopez
Dec 5th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Lol trying to re-encode it now... as soon as that is done I'll upload to facebook then link

Might take me a bit. Each time I recompile it the FPS are way off ... and each trial takes 9 minutes.

Facebook are you even allow to use it? :evilgrin0013: Just you tube it

montibank
Dec 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Whole video was 1:25:00 long (waayy too long to upload) and the last hour is in pitch black so i took all the garbage out...

(Still pending upload to facebook - as soon as it finalized I will delete this message and link to video)

Note to self: Check lighting coil resistance - my headlight has become less than useful.

montibank
Dec 5th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Ok so facebook was being a pain - youtubed it instead.

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=193HPEfLQCA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=193HPEfLQCA

mrlopez
Dec 6th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Ok so facebook was being a pain - youtubed it instead.

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=193HPEfLQCA

Just watch the first 5 mins only,seems like a single diamond trail!!

svbrady
Dec 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM

just yankin yer chain,i no familys first,,and theres afine balance when your married and have kids,,remember i have 4 rug rats,,so i hope theres no hard feelings,,i was wrong for posting that,,,,oh you werent by chance wearing my socks when you went riding were you,,,,lol

montibank
Dec 6th, 2010, 08:29 PM
just yankin yer chain,i no familys first,,and theres afine balance when your married and have kids,,remember i have 4 rug rats,,so i hope theres no hard feelings,,i was wrong for posting that,,,,oh you werent by chance wearing my socks when you went riding were you,,,,lol

LMAO! I looked right at those socks ... Soooo tempting! Wanted to haha...

Naw... No hard feelings. I forget who's signiture line reads this but it is so true "If you can't laugh at yourself... I'll do it for you." I joke at my own expense often if I think it'll get a laugh. In this instance any guy with a gal will understand. Cept Carl... Hehe...