PDA

View Full Version : dual sport ride

up in smoke
Sep 21st, 2010, 09:49 PM
looking to do a ride the 1st weekend of October . if any one would like to go or have ideas of good trails post up.

svbrady
Sep 22nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
im down for another ride

svbrady
Sep 23rd, 2010, 06:24 AM
im down for another ride

just noticed the ride says dual sport :confused2:

montibank
Sep 27th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Wanna but can't ... JonJon would likely have interest. Too bad Poach is out for the season, he is prolly itchin for a ride.

I really need to do some TLC on the bike. The counter shaft sproket started pissing in swamp, and I need to look into sealing the transmission up if it can be done to keep from syphoning oil into the top end. Running the top end over full all the time can't be great for it.

Prolly lookin at 8-10 hours work before I can ride. The weekend of either the 16th or the 22nd would be likely for me (my birthday is the 20th ... that aught earn me a weekend out with the boys)

How do you like desert fun? Anyone wanna do an overnight run point to point? Plates required - mojave trail. Basically from afton canyon to laughlin then back the next day? It would likely be a Friday (after work) -> Sunday (home LATE) run. Not sure what temp would be like. Might be really flipping hot that time of year still. (http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USNV0051?month=1)

~

Michael

poach
Sep 28th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I have the itch bad. Have a basically brand new motor with zero miles on it just begging for a flogging.

but I'm well and truly boned until about mid Nov.

Have fun...

up in smoke
Sep 30th, 2010, 09:38 AM
tulare on sunday

montibank
Oct 19th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Dualsport'n saturday. Anyone game?
Nope - no planned destination... But road will be included.

mrlopez
Oct 21st, 2010, 07:50 AM
Dualsport'n saturday. Anyone game?
Nope - no planned destination... But road will be included.

Don't forget to put your rain tires, :evilgrin0013:

montibank
Oct 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Don't forget to put your rain tires, :evilgrin0013:

Knobbies mounted. It was a blast man. Rain was perfect. Funny thing about knobbies - they have about as much traction offroad as a rainy road. I think I could run circles around the CBR in the rain. 55+ on the CBR is terrifying really, but 75 on the 530 in the rain doesn't really seem as terrifying.

If the CBR starts to drift on a straight road in the rain - there is very little I can do other then point it the direction it wants to go and hope for the best.

The 530 on the other hand just seems to handle fine.

~

Michael