PDA

View Full Version : Sumo - Now

montibank
Jul 15th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Departure ASAP (1700ish) if yer interested call. 284 5112

Trimmer -> millwood -> 245 -> drum valley

return home eh.... sometime tonight. I need a little sleep before work tomorrow.

May goof off in millwood some who knows.

~

Michael

poach
Jul 16th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Nice up there yesterday! Catching brookies and riding thru thunderstorms...sweeeeeeet.....

Coughing up big black furballs today though. I either need to go faster(not likely), or I need to let the fast guys dust settle before proceeding.:weirdface:

montibank
Jul 16th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Nice up there yesterday! Catching brookies and riding thru thunderstorms...sweeeeeeet.....

Coughing up big black furballs today though. I either need to go faster(not likely), or I need to let the fast guys dust settle before proceeding.:weirdface:

Go faster :dblthumb2:

Been dying to really put the Sumo through the paces off-road to really see what the non-knobbie limits are. I know hill climbs are out, but I am fairly certain I could get pretty aggressive still. At least a little more than fire roads.

Joe did sumo to the top of shuteye on streetish sumo tires... I bet I could do 90% of hollister with my kinda knobbies.

I ended up doing some last minute riding with Sergio on the sumo (thanks for the text man!) so we avoided the dirty stuff.

mrlopez
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah it's was no sumo ride but I tough it was a pretty sweet fast pace road ride, I need to change my rims to really go off road the sm rims dont cut it

poach
Jul 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Go faster :dblthumb2:

No!!:pound:

Been dying to really put the Sumo through the paces off-road to really see what the non-knobbie limits are. I know hill climbs are out, but I am fairly certain I could get pretty aggressive still.

Even those knobbied 50/50 Conti twinduros I've been using blow a goat in the dirt. Even though I've eventually made it up every hill I've tried in the Millwood area, at times it's taken 2-3 attempts, which is hard on the bike, the ego, and last but not least...the cobblers as they slam the tank due to the increased entry speed necessary to make it up through all that lunar dust.

Sumo tire should work pretty well as long as you don't run into one of those: "welp, I can try this hill climb...or ride an hour out of the way to go around it" scenarios.

montibank
Jul 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah it's was no sumo ride but I tough it was a pretty sweet fast pace road ride, I need to change my rims to really go off road the sm rims dont cut it

I had a blast just as it was... I am gonna twist yer arm (figuratively, I don't think I should litterally risk lest you rip mine off) into putting the knobbies on for some dualsport fun this summer\fall.

up in smoke
Jul 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I need to ride with you guys.

mrlopez
Jul 16th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I need to ride with you guys.

Uhmm I tough you ride solo now :rolleyes:

up in smoke
Jul 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Uhmm I tough you ride solo now :rolleyes:
db

montibank
Aug 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
gah ... i cant edit my original post? What gives?

I would like to remove my phone number. I usually do a day or two later ... I forgot on this one. Can I get a little admin help?

mrlopez
Aug 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
gah ... i cant edit my original post? What gives?

I would like to remove my phone number. I usually do a day or two later ... I forgot on this one. Can I get a little admin help?

Get tapatalk :rolleyes: lol

poach
Aug 19th, 2010, 11:03 AM
kyped from another board...

Motard prayer:

Our motard, who art in the twisties
Hallowed by thy name,
Thy roads will come
Thy will be done,
on dirt as it is on asphalt.

Give us this day, our daily wheelie
And forgive us our passes,