PDA

View Full Version : Epic dirt ride....Lets plan one

speedjunkie
Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:49 PM
Ok so lets plan a weekend dirt ride
I dont know all the places but was thinking something like California City and some of those places. Maybe like a saturday sunday or a sunday monday

Any takers?

McLuvin_R1
Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
You let me know how riding in July or August, even september is in California City...

speedjunkie
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
I raced at willow springs durring this time. Heat doesnt bother me.

sPAnKy1600
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah shane, he's a racer errr was :\ ....

I think what Shane was referring to was the face that it is really hard and dusty this time of year.

montibank
Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Epic dirt ride....Lets plan one

How epic are you talking ... Like this: Clickity Click (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585918)

I will be doing Dusy Ershim this year come hell, highwater, or angry spouse.

You let me know how riding in July or August, even september is in California City...

Afton Canyon down the Mojave Trail with TR1200 was the most epic overnight dirt ride only I have done. That was a BLAST. I think we did it in November or February... Got cold at night but it was temperate during the day.

~

Michael

McLuvin_R1
Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah shane, he's a racer errr was :\ ....

I think what Shane was referring to was the face that it is really hard and dusty this time of year.

1 20 minute session vs. a whole day of riding in the blistering heat doesnt even compare, and you not going 100 MPH either.

hot, dusty, dry, no shade, 30 MPH wind that is hot as hell.

Let me know how it is...

speedjunkie
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Not really sure the point of your comments anthony. Pretty common knowledge im not on the track this year.

Point being..riding in the desert does not bother me. I know what riding in the desert on a dirt bike all day in 100+ degrees is like.

mrlopez
Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
So any idea on what day, weekend?

CRASH972
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
May have to put a new battery in the wr.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 3rd, 2010, 09:51 PM
how about a epic ride at Pismo dunes!!! The weather there is always nice!

JonJon
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:23 AM
how about a epic ride at Pismo dunes!!! The weather there is always nice!

Screw Pismo, if it's gonna be an epic ride, let's go to Glamis. :zz2cents:

mrlopez
Jul 6th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Screw Pismo, if it's gonna be an epic ride, let's go to Glamis. :zz2cents:

Screw pismo and Glamis let's go to Hollister :evilgrin0013:

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM
screw pismo and glamis let's go to hollister :evilgrin0013:

better yet!

JonJon
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
better yet!

lol, you think it's hard to get away with running your silencer and a red sticker here? Hollister is the OHV nazi patrol kingdom.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:04 AM
lol, you think it's hard to get away with running your silencer and a red sticker here? Hollister is the OHV nazi patrol kingdom.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm sure at any OHV park you're going to be risking it. Buy a two stroke yo! have fun year round.

mrlopez
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:06 AM

I got a plate on mine :evilgrin0013:

JonJon
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:17 AM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm sure at any OHV park you're going to be risking it. Buy a two stroke yo! have fun year round.

Have to buy an older one. The newer ones still have red stickers.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:19 AM
well of course. My 02 is a green.

JonJon
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM
well of course. My 02 is a green.

I don't know which ones are which, but I know my friends is red and it's an 04, but my brothers 02 450 is green. :confused2:

Let's just build a track and call it good. :D

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I don't know which ones are which, but I know my friends is red and it's an 04, but my brothers 02 450 is green. :confused2:

Dude, lets get into that motorcycle club and have access anytime we want. Or build a track, lol. but where?

JonJon
Jul 6th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Dude, lets get into that motorcycle club and have access anytime we want. Or build a track, lol. but where?

:pound: Haha, funnnny.

McLuvin_R1
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Not really sure the point of your comments anthony. Pretty common knowledge im not on the track this year.

Point being..riding in the desert does not bother me. I know what riding in the desert on a dirt bike all day in 100+ degrees is like.

Yeah and I do to, and I will never do it again. Why drive 3.5 hours to ride in 100+ blistering heat. YOU WILL DIE if you get stranded out there by yourself. Nobody goes out there this time of year.

I wouldn't go by yourself...

Nobody is going to go with you to the desert in the SUMMER on an epic dirt ride. I'll go somewhere else not there.

sPAnKy1600
Jul 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah and I do to, and I will never do it again. Why drive 3.5 hours to ride in 100+ blistering heat. YOU WILL DIE if you get stranded out there by yourself. Nobody goes out there this time of year.

I wouldn't go by yourself...

Nobody is going to go with you to the desert in the SUMMER on an epic dirt ride. I'll go somewhere else not there.

:word:... No shade, risk of getting hurt, out in the middle of nowhere... It's not like you're doing a 20 minute session and then sitting under a canopy for 40 minutes.

up in smoke
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM
ill be up for a October or November ride at j bone. ill be doing dusy some time this summer.

speedjunkie
Jul 6th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Doesnt really matter to me where. Im redsticker so im kinda limited. We could do something in the next month or so where the weather is decent then make a desert trip later in the year when it cools off.

chromefonica
Jul 6th, 2010, 04:19 PM

if you guys find somebody that has property and will let you build, let me know. i am down to help.

Mooney 78865
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Ok so lets plan a weekend dirt ride
I dont know all the places but was thinking something like California City and some of those places. Maybe like a saturday sunday or a sunday monday

Any takers?
007, trees and rocks. Leave the 40 tooth rear sprockets in the garage.
I'm up for anytime.

Just a thought....

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 7th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Spark arrestor is getting ordered Friday!

Mooney 78865
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Excellent!

montibank
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:45 PM
ill be doing dusy some time this summer.
yay, just found me a pre-running buddy. I will call the ranger district office to see what conditions are like when I get off work. I am thinking they are likely ideal now...

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Excellent!

Yup, as soon as I get it installed I plan on heading up to the mountains. Now I need to figure out where I'm going to go first.

up in smoke
Jul 7th, 2010, 02:57 PM
yay, just found me a pre-running buddy. I will call the ranger district office to see what conditions are like when I get off work. I am thinking they are likely ideal now...

i was up at courtright on Monday. the trail is still closed

up in smoke
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:00 PM

you will love the power kill with the spark arrester and the altitude.you might consider riding your mountain bike.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:09 PM
you will love the power kill with the spark arrester and the altitude.you might consider riding your mountain bike.

really?

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Well I just realized I can't just buy a spark arrestor silencer for my Bill's Pipe. So I'll have to get a whole new system. And Up in Smoke, Does it really kill the power that much!?

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Well I just realized I can't just buy a spark arrestor silencer for my Bill's Pipe. So I'll have to get a whole new system. And Up in Smoke, Does it really kill the power that much!?

Before I go out and waste my money, Can i install an aftermarket silencer with a spark arrestor to my Bill's Pipe?

GreeNug
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I know that the Db killers are what really neuter the power output but you can get a fairly free flowing sparky setup that shouldn't zap too much power I would think?

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I know that the Db killers are what really neuter the power output but you can get a fairly free flowing sparky setup that shouldn't zap too much power I would think?

Damn Up in Smoke, It's bad enough I still ride a 125 lol but common on now!

GreeNug
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:37 PM

Do you need a dual sport to run Ducy or is green sticker otay?

I will have my crfX converted over to a dual sport :D here hopefully before the end of the year but it is still green sticker for now.

GreeNug
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:48 PM

You would probably be safest ordering something along theses lines - http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/PRO-CIRCUIT-SPARK-ARRESTOR-SILENCER/?prodId=49404&

But all you really need is a screen so that when a ranger try’s to stuff a stuck up your tail pipe, :eek::weirdface::(, it hits the screen and doesn’t go thru. A friend of mine actually made one that worked for a bit until it basically melted from the heat.

up in smoke
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:54 PM

on my 125 i would say a 25% decrease in power with my fmf turbine core.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 7th, 2010, 03:55 PM
You would probably be safest ordering something along theses lines - http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/PRO-CIRCUIT-SPARK-ARRESTOR-SILENCER/?prodId=49404&

Thats the one I was looking at but the parts guy at MotoSport told me that thing wouldn't mount to my Bills Pipe. So is this guy BSing me or what. Also, At clawsons, they have the metal shield stuff their for $14. I think I might just got that route and have a buddy take off the rivets and do the installation.

McLuvin_R1
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Thread it in thread it out.

montibank
Jul 7th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Just take some extra jets. One sec lemme see if I can dig up a jetting guide. You wont need power for dusy, a short bike will help more than power. Check these guys out... These bikes only come with 16 HP stock. All you really need is your bike to run/start reliably.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DD15CFE0F025228D

Mind you ... these are for reference only - you will need to tinker a bit... (sorry it is sideways - the only way I could get around the picture requirements and have it still be read-able)

JonJon
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Get a FI thumper ;)

Mooney 78865
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM
on my 125 i would say a 25% decrease in power with my fmf turbine core.
I am suprised that you are loosing 25% with the FMF silencer. I too run an FMF silencer and noticed no change in performance. Two strokes are a bit more finicky on jetting, but once right, they stay right for the conditions and engine setup they are tuned for.

JonJon
Jul 8th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I am suprised that you are loosing 25% with the FMF silencer. I too run an FMF silencer and noticed no change in performance.

I don't think he meant with just the FMF. Think he also meant with the spark arrestor and at altitude.

Mooney 78865
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Thats the one I was looking at but the parts guy at MotoSport told me that thing wouldn't mount to my Bills Pipe. So is this guy BSing me or what. Also, At clawsons, they have the metal shield stuff their for $14. I think I might just got that route and have a buddy take off the rivets and do the installation.
I used the fine mesh screen until a approved silencer was available for my bike. When I was checked the ranger stuck a wire into the pipe to check if there was a screen. In theory the silencer is supposed to be stamped that it meets USFS requirements. Nobody ever gave me any grief that mine didn't.

Mooney 78865
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Yup, as soon as I get it installed I plan on heading up to the mountains. Now I need to figure out where I'm going to go first.
And I can help with that!;)

Mooney 78865
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I don't think he meant with just the FMF. Think he also meant with the spark arrestor and at altitude.
Yeah my bad, had to read back a bit. Don't fear the carb and jet for the conditions.

speedjunkie
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:10 AM
been meaning to get a SA...

where are the good places within a few hours of here.

thinkin maybe begining of august (after motogp) and a location with mild weather.

possibly a camping trip in the mountains where there are some good trail heads?

sPAnKy1600
Jul 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM

thinkin maybe begining of august (after motogp) and a location with mild weather.

Thought you were hardcore and didnt care about weather.... Just go to the desert by yourself:evilgrin0013:

speedjunkie
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Thought you were hardcore and didnt care about weather.... Just go to the desert by yourself:evilgrin0013:

and now i remember why i stopped getting on here so much and going to the shop

you need to grow up

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:47 PM

Do you know what months you can ride at a OHV park with your red sticker?

Mooney 78865
Jul 8th, 2010, 01:58 PM

I can help with that too. And we don't need a OHV park. It's more fun if you leave sight of your truck!!

Mooney 78865
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Most Ca OHV parks that honor the red green sticker season close to red sticker after May 31 through September.

up in smoke
Jul 8th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Mammoth lakes!

speedjunkie
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
That sounds fun.

GreeNug
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:02 PM

F the read sticker green sticker B.S. :evilgrin0013: just park in the right spot, somewhat hidden, and stay on the move and you'll never see a ranger that matters. The ranger that rides the KTM @ Miami told me straight out he doesn't care about red / green, just wants to see up to date and a sparky. I ride year round with a friend on a red sticker bike and I don't do a lot of track time, unless you count single track, Ha.

You will get checked pretty hardcore at Hollister and Gorman and places like that but there isn't much good riding that I've found at either spot. I hear that it is good at Gormon if you get up into the mountains and find some single track but I haven't found them yet.

GreeNug
Jul 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Mammoth lakes!

That sounds fun.

Plus a million :D. I've ridden mnt. bikes at Mammoth mnt. but never the dirtbike. I hear there is some awesome dirt riding around those parts. You know where to go Byron?

Mooney 78865
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
F the read sticker green sticker B.S. :evilgrin0013: just park in the right spot, somewhat hidden, and stay on the move and you'll never see a ranger that matters. The ranger that rides the KTM @ Miami told me straight out he doesn't care about red / green, just wants to see up to date and a sparky. I ride year round with a friend on a red sticker bike and I don't do a lot of track time, unless you count single track, Ha.

You will get checked pretty hardcore at Hollister and Gorman and places like that but there isn't much good riding that I've found at either spot. I hear that it is good at Gormon if you get up into the mountains and find some single track but I haven't found them yet.
I ride year round on a red sticker bike too. I just do it in designated areas.

up in smoke
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Plus a million :D. I've ridden mnt. bikes at Mammoth mnt. but never the dirtbike. I hear there is some awesome dirt riding around those parts. You know where to go Byron?
hell yeah! I just did a loop on the wr from mammoth around mono lake the back to mammoth last month . half of that was on dirt. I have ridden my cr250 there .jeting a 2stroke is a must. lots of places to camp to.

GreeNug
Jul 8th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I ride year round on a red sticker bike too. I just do it in designated areas.

I don't own or ride a red sticker bike, mine's green, soon to be plated. I have friends that ride red is what I meant to say :dblthumb2:.

hell yeah! I just did a loop on the wr from mammoth around mono lake the back to mammoth last month . half of that was on dirt. I have ridden my cr250 there .jeting a 2stroke is a must. lots of places to camp to.

Only half on the dirt? Need to be a dual sport? It will be a few months before my bike is plated.

up in smoke
Jul 9th, 2010, 07:02 AM
I don't own or ride a red sticker bike, mine's green, soon to be plated. I have friends that ride red is what I meant to say :dblthumb2:.

Only half on the dirt? Need to be a dual sport? It will be a few months before my bike is plated.
that loop was around 120 miles . there are hundreds of miles of dirt trails.you don't need a dual sport to ride there. it just makes it convenient . a mx bike is way more fun trail riding anyway and you can go almost twice as fast with half the effort .

sPAnKy1600
Jul 9th, 2010, 09:27 AM
and now i remember why i stopped getting on here so much and going to the shop

you need to grow up

:pound:

montibank
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:49 AM
a mx bike is way more fun trail riding anyway and you can go almost twice as fast with half the effort .

My 530 is street legal - but it is barely a dualsport. The metal they made the plate out of, a headlight, and DOT tires are about all the difference between it and a dirtbike. An MX bike has a lot stiffer suspension set up IMHO and trail riding on a bike built to do 40' doubles is waaaaaaaaaaaay too stiff for desert/trail riding. The last honda I rode beat the hell out of me. I HURT at the end of the day trail riding on it. I will keep my softer "dualsport" suspension thank you very much.

The days of dualsports being only big and heavy are thankfully dying. There are several options for nice light plated bikes these days, straight from the factory.

up in smoke
Jul 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
My 530 is street legal - but it is barely a dualsport. The metal they made the plate out of, a headlight, and DOT tires are about all the difference between it and a dirtbike. An MX bike has a lot stiffer suspension set up IMHO and trail riding on a bike built to do 40' doubles is waaaaaaaaaaaay too stiff for desert/trail riding. The last honda I rode beat the hell out of me. I HURT at the end of the day trail riding on it. I will keep my softer "dualsport" suspension thank you very much.

The days of dualsports being only big and heavy are thankfully dying. There are several options for nice light plated bikes these days, straight from the factory.

you are correct but when i start to push it and race the trail my wr feels like im riding a fat pig. pushing in the corners and wallowing through the whoops.that wares me out super quick. my motocross bike is stiff but it will let me jump over stuff that i would hit on my wr.that's why i need about 10 different bikes .each for what ever mood or riding i do.

JonJon
Jul 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM
that's why i need about 10 different bikes .each for what ever mood or riding i do.

:word::D

montibank
Jul 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Called the ranger office... Dusy still closed. From the sounds of things the snow had for the most part melted, but there were a lot of downed trees. Still keeping my eyes/ears open for this, need to get this trails tackled this year.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 15th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I'm going to do some epic riding at Running Horse after work today (7/15). Anyone care to join?

JonJon
Jul 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I'm going to do some epic riding at Running Horse after work today (7/15). Anyone care to join?

I'll see if I can get my friend to drive out there. Sounds fun.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 15th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I'll see if I can get my friend to drive out there. Sounds fun.

cool. Im guna head out right after work so I should be there between 5:30-6. And ride till dinner is ready, lol so probably around 7.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:19 PM
oh it was epic, and hot. Did I mention hot?!

going saturday

JonJon
Jul 15th, 2010, 09:27 PM
oh it was epic, and hot. Did I mention hot?!

going saturday

Nice! Too bad that truck of yours doesn't fit two bikes. :rolleyes:

speedjunkie
Jul 15th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Maybe the first weekend or two we can do a camping/riding trip to mammoth? I recently messed up my MCL but im down to ride after motogp :)

chromefonica
Jul 15th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I maybe looking to buy an 01 or newer RM 250 here pretty soon. Anybody know somebody that has one?

SandraD
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Afton Canyon down the Mojave Trail with TR1200 was the most epic overnight dirt ride only I have done. That was a BLAST. I think we did it in November or February... Got cold at night but it was temperate during the day.

~

Michael

november is a fantastic time to ride in mojave. weather conditions are typically agreeable. gone down for thanksgiving for the past 10 years.

SandraD
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Screw pismo and Glamis let's go to Hollister :evilgrin0013:

im so down for hollister.

mrlopez
Jul 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM
im so down for hollister.

:dblthumb2: let's go :D

JonJon
Jul 16th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Going to Tulare tomorrow to ride some MX, who's in?

mrlopez
Jul 16th, 2010, 10:04 AM

You need to hit,Up in smoke, he's a regular over there

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM

what time? I think I'm ready to get back on a mx track now :D

Edit: Fawk, I'm an idiot. I got a wedding to attend tomorrow. Have fun!

speedjunkie
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Ya what time. Thought they were only open sunday

JonJon
Jul 16th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Ya what time. Thought they were only open sunday

Saturday's have always been practice days. I'm prolly gonna get there around 11 or so. Just look for the slowest guy out there.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I maybe looking to buy an 01 or newer RM 250 here pretty soon. Anybody know somebody that has one?

http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/1774355246.html
http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/1834160693.html

up in smoke
Jul 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Maybe the first weekend or two we can do a camping/riding trip to mammoth? I recently messed up my MCL but im down to ride after motogp :)
I would like to do a dirt only ride at mammoth before the snow hits. im thinking september would be the best time to go. if anyone is interested in this idea post up.

JonJon
Jul 20th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Just got back from Tulare. You guys missed out, it was a ton of fun.

FDA
Jul 21st, 2010, 12:58 PM
Just got back from Tulare. You guys missed out, it was a ton of fun.

I was going to go out there tomorrow night, was it pretty hot? Might change to saturday morning to beat the heat a little if I can.

JonJon
Jul 21st, 2010, 01:08 PM
I was going to go out there tomorrow night, was it pretty hot? Might change to saturday morning to beat the heat a little if I can.

It was insanely hot. And not to mention, the billions of flies from the sewer treatment plant. Once the sun went down and the lights came on, everything was good tho. :dblthumb2:

FDA
Jul 23rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
It was insanely hot. And not to mention, the billions of flies from the sewer treatment plant. Once the sun went down and the lights came on, everything was good tho. :dblthumb2:

Sweet, me and a buddy are gonna try it out tomorrow, probably be on the beginner track to start, he just started riding.

JonJon
Jul 24th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Sweet, me and a buddy are gonna try it out tomorrow, probably be on the beginner track to start, he just started riding.

Wish I could join you guys out there today. I'll be heading back out there Tuesday if anyone wants to join. :rolleyes:

up in smoke
Jul 25th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Wish I could join you guys out there today. I'll be heading back out there Tuesday if anyone wants to join. :rolleyes:
TCP is closed this next week till saturday .

JonJon
Jul 25th, 2010, 10:29 PM
TCP is closed this next week till saturday .

Aww man, how come? :(

up in smoke
Jul 26th, 2010, 10:03 PM
looking to do a ride this weekend

montibank
Jul 27th, 2010, 09:30 AM

Wish I could, have fun. Post up some picks if you head out to mammoth. Give FiveOJester a buzz. His kid is big enough that he can get out and ride now and again. Solid rider, cautious, but solid.

GreeNug
Jul 27th, 2010, 11:20 AM

I can make a Sat. or Sun. ride, lemme know what works best for you.

I'm thinking whiskey falls again but I'm game for anywhere really.

speedjunkie
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:36 PM
ill go this weekend and play some. just found out i have a torn PCL in my left knee and my right shoulder is gonna need some intense surgery soon too.

so i kinda wanna go ride a little before i cant ride for who knows how long

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I'll go as long as I dont need a Spark arrestor to ride.

mrlopez
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I'll go as long as I dont need a Spark arrestor to ride.

I tough u had one already

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 27th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I tough u had one already

I spent all my money at Laguna! lol Maybe next month. Ive been riding out at running hoarse about 2-3 times a week though. Been getting pretty good on the flat dry stuff but I'm ready to hit some soft rutted dirt now too. Or some dunes at pismo. I really don't care where I go as long as I'm riding.

up in smoke
Jul 28th, 2010, 12:55 PM
ill go this weekend and play some. just found out i have a torn PCL in my left knee and my right shoulder is gonna need some intense surgery soon too.

so i kinda wanna go ride a little before i cant ride for who knows how long

don't get surgery until it doesn't work. just get knee braces. then you cant hyper extend your knees. anyone that rides dirt bikes should have knee braces.

mrlopez
Jul 28th, 2010, 01:22 PM
don't get surgery until it doesn't work. just get knee braces. then you cant hyper extend your knees. anyone that rides dirt bikes should have knee braces.

+1 don't get surgery try physical therapy first I have a worn out disc on my lower back and refuse to have surgery I just made my torso much stronger and been alot better for the last 10 years, broken clavicle also didn't want surgery two years ago either just as strong as before, I think surgery should be your last option

up in smoke
Jul 28th, 2010, 01:31 PM
+1 don't get surgery try physical therapy first I have a worn out disc on my lower back and refuse to have surgery I just made my torso much stronger and been alot better for the last 10 years, broken clavicle also didn't want surgery two years ago either just as strong as before, I think surgery should be your last option
you know ill kick you a$$ on 2 wheels lol!

mrlopez
Jul 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM
you know ill kick you a$$ on 2 wheels lol!

db

speedjunkie
Jul 28th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the advise. Appreciated

mrlopez
Jul 28th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the advise. Appreciated

Talk to Steve/triple he's a physical therapist I believe

up in smoke
Jul 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I can make a Sat. or Sun. ride, lemme know what works best for you.

I'm thinking whiskey falls again but I'm game for anywhere really.

sounds good . maybe shuteye peak? sat or sun will work for me so if some one needs to do one or the other speek up.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 29th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Will I need a Sparky?

up in smoke
Jul 29th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Will I need a Sparky?
its a roll of the dice Will. my buddy has a husky te and he refuses to run a SA. so its up to you.

GreeNug
Jul 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM
sounds good . maybe shuteye peak? sat or sun will work for me so if some one needs to do one or the other speek up.

I now have to work on Sat., I was gone on Monday, so it will be Sun. or miss out for me. There are only fire roads heading to shuteye that I'm aware of?

There is that crazy trail that heads off the back side and ends up in Brown's meadow but that is almost mnt. bike only style of trail. I've tried to ride up it before and had to turn back, maybe it's do-able the other way?

Will I need a Sparky?

If we park at the bottom of 007 @ central camp road you might see a ranger there. If we head up and park near whisky falls I don't think you will need to sweat it. You wanna go?

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 30th, 2010, 02:36 PM
If we park at the bottom of 007 @ central camp road you might see a ranger there. If we head up and park near whisky falls I don't think you will need to sweat it. You wanna go?

I do I do. Where do you guys plan on meeting up at? Wana PM me your cell #.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 30th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Also, How much gas should I bring for my 125?

up in smoke
Jul 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I now have to work on Sat., I was gone on Monday, so it will be Sun. or miss out for me. There are only fire roads heading to shuteye that I'm aware of?

There is that crazy trail that heads off the back side and ends up in Brown's meadow but that is almost mnt. bike only style of trail. I've tried to ride up it before and had to turn back, maybe it's do-able the other way?

sunday sounds good.i will be riding up on the wr . btw, i have gone down that goat trail.

GreeNug
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:36 AM
Also, How much gas should I bring for my 125?

Dunno? I usually do a 30 or so mile loop in the morning, head back to the truck for lunch, then head back out for another 30 or so mile loop so I would guess it would depend on the mileage your RM gets? I'm pretty sure we can hit shuteye in that size of a loop as well if we want to head that way.

I say we meet @ that chevron on the right hand side in North Fork as early as possible and stage up by whisky falls. The falls are about a half hour outside of North Fork but a lot of the good single track starts there and we won't get bothered while unloading the bikes.

I can be out of Sanger by 6 which would put me at the chevron @ 7 or so. I'm good for any time after that as well so lemme know what works for you guys.

sunday sounds good.i will be riding up on the wr . btw, i have gone down that goat trail.

Ur crazy! Ha, I've heard that trail is rideable dropping down. Have you run it since the snow has melted this year?

speedjunkie
Jul 31st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Thinkin hard about doing this. Sounds like a bunch of fun

up in smoke
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:23 PM
Dunno? I usually do a 30 or so mile loop in the morning, head back to the truck for lunch, then head back out for another 30 or so mile loop so I would guess it would depend on the mileage your RM gets? I'm pretty sure we can hit shuteye in that size of a loop as well if we want to head that way.

I say we meet @ that chevron on the right hand side in North Fork as early as possible and stage up by whisky falls. The falls are about a half hour outside of North Fork but a lot of the good single track starts there and we won't get bothered while unloading the bikes.

I can be out of Sanger by 6 which would put me at the chevron @ 7 or so. I'm good for any time after that as well so lemme know what works for you guys.

Ur crazy! Ha, I've heard that trail is rideable dropping down. Have you run it since the snow has melted this year?
no. it was about a month after i road up there with you last year

Thinkin hard about doing this. Sounds like a bunch of fun

don't think. just do it!

up in smoke
Jul 31st, 2010, 12:24 PM
north fork @ 7 is good

speedjunkie
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hmmmm ok. Pm ur numbers

up in smoke
Jul 31st, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hmmmm ok. Pm ur numbers

0u812

GreeNug
Jul 31st, 2010, 08:51 PM
I conned another friend of mine into going with us tomorrow and I believe he is bringing his green sticker bike, the ol' classic smoke ring huffin' yz490 :D. Should be a lot of fun, I hope everyone can make it.

See you tomorrow in North Fork @ 7.

up in smoke
Jul 31st, 2010, 09:07 PM
sweet!

JonJon
Aug 1st, 2010, 10:52 AM
the ol' classic smoke ring huffin' yz490 :D.

Those 490's have a TON of power!

speedjunkie
Aug 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM
Way fun ride today

GreeNug
Aug 1st, 2010, 11:15 PM
+1 :D

I had a great time today guys, thanks for going. I hadn't been on the dritbike in wayyy to long a time.

First video is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgiHGrtim9I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgiHGrtim9I

I'm uploading the part that has my dirtnap in it. The wreak looked cool on video, you can see the tree reach out and pull me off the bike, Ha.

GreeNug
Aug 2nd, 2010, 06:27 AM
This one ends with me on the ground, Ha. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQzKx8l2Bc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQzKx8l2Bc

mrlopez
Aug 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
This one ends with me on the ground, Ha. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQzKx8l2Bc

Man that look like fun atlongest you guys don't leave me behind in the wild lol I'm in for the next one, I'm free this weekend :D
After that fall you sound like darth vader there :evilgrin0013:

GreeNug
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Ya, I was huffin and a puffin all day! Riding dirtbikes takes some energy and I am ridiculously out of shape, Ha.

You’re more than welcome to join us, riding in the dirt is a lot of fun! I never leave anyone behind and always make sure everyone makes the turn or we go back and look for them.

Byron's pilot jet fell out while he was riding up and he had to perform some surgery on the trailside to get her back together. :D His bike was in the dead horse position for a bit.

mrlopez
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
So when's the next one?

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. The lack of funds kept me off 2 wheels the whole weekend. Looks like you guys had a blast though. Those trails look pretty fun too. Did you run into any rangers up there?

mrlopez
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. The lack of funds kept me off 2 wheels the whole weekend. Looks like you guys had a blast though. Those trails look pretty fun too. Did you run into any rangers up there?

Man just stop eating at El Torito and you should save enough for gas money :D

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Man just stop eating at El Torito and you should save enough for gas money :D

Werd, I spent entirely too much at Monterey that weekend

mrlopez
Aug 2nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Werd, I spent entirely too much at Monterey that weekend

Yeah but does a once a year event so that's fine in my book

up in smoke
Aug 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
had a blast! guys should have stoped at kerckhoff on the way back. there where 6 standups on the lake! as soon as i got home i orderd the crank berings for my jet ski.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 2nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
Taught my 14yr old sister how to ride today on our CR125. Man, She did a lot better than I expected. She always wanted to ride but after watching the womens mx at the Xgames, she was hooked. Looks like I got a new riding buddy.

mrlopez
Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:57 AM
Taught my 14yr old sister how to ride today on our CR125. Man, She did a lot better than I expected. She always wanted to ride but after watching the womens mx at the Xgames, she was hooked. Looks like I got a new riding buddy.

Well give her your 125 and get that 426 for you

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Well give her your 125 and get that 426 for you

I actually like my 125. It's fun as hell and when you're on the pipe, u can easily keep up with bigger bikes depending on where thu. I think I'd get a yz250 if anything. And she's already got a bike, the 1990 Cr125. lol

speedjunkie
Aug 3rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Id be down for going back up in a week or two. Knee feels a lot better so hopefully i wont be so slow next time. And new tires will help. Damn rocks. Learned a ton riding with u guys tho thats for sure.

up in smoke
Aug 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM
who is up for a ride this weekend ? how about tamarack jeep trail or mt tom look out?

speedjunkie
Aug 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Possibly sunday or
Monday i can

montibank
Aug 5th, 2010, 12:04 PM
:popcorn:

But sadly no riding for me this weekend is likely.

GreeNug
Aug 5th, 2010, 05:35 PM
had a blast! guys should have stoped at kerckhoff on the way back. there where 6 standups on the lake! as soon as i got home i orderd the crank berings for my jet ski.

Ha, I have been looking at jet ski's on and off here lately and will probably pick something up this winter when they are a bit cheaper usually. I duuno about a stand up one thou, I'm looking more for the lazy mans sit down style. Didn't know you could jet ski @ kerckhoff, I thought it was paddle power only?

That is too cool! I love it when riding motorcycles brings family members closer together.

Id be down for going back up in a week or two. Knee feels a lot better so hopefully i wont be so slow next time. And new tires will help. Damn rocks. Learned a ton riding with u guys tho thats for sure.

You did great for the type of bike you were on. The track ready bikes are usually geared differant, don't have the heavier flywheels and aren't really made for chugging along like you need to do in the rocks. The views from Shuteye were worth the trip thought I think.

who is up for a ride this weekend ? how about tamarack jeep trail or mt tom look out?

I can ride on Sunday and am up for some exploring if you want to find Mnt. tom lookout or if you wanna rip up Tammarack a bit. Are these trails dual sport only or can we stage somewhere and ride out from the truck?

up in smoke
Aug 5th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Ha, I have been looking at jet ski's on and off here lately and will probably pick something up this winter when they are a bit cheaper usually. I duuno about a stand up one thou, I'm looking more for the lazy mans sit down style. Didn't know you could jet ski @ kerckhoff, I thought it was paddle power only?

That is too cool! I love it when riding motorcycles brings family members closer together.

You did great for the type of bike you were on. The track ready bikes are usually geared differant, don't have the heavier flywheels and aren't really made for chugging along like you need to do in the rocks. The views from Shuteye were worth the trip thought I think.

I can ride on Sunday and am up for some exploring if you want to find Mnt. tom lookout or if you wanna rip up Tammarack a bit. Are these trails dual sport only or can we stage somewhere and ride out from the truck?

I don't know. on the map the all the roads aroud mt tom look to be un paved .

up in smoke
Aug 7th, 2010, 05:34 PM
so ?

montibank
Aug 8th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Humm...

Figure you can double these rates of travel fairly easily. Triple them maybe. Quadruple them with some determination and experience... Lets do the math:

Triple Time - 24 hours of riding

Three 8 hour days
Frequent breaks
Food will be a problem
Picture taking site seeing chatting with the drunk jeepers camping etc.

Quadruple Time - 18 hours of riding

Two 9 hour days
Minimal rest breaks, maybe one or two an hour no more than 10 min. and an hour lunch.
Eating nuts and berries for lunch/dinner unless you can talk some drunk jeepers outa some grub.

(Er dunno how to say five times - no matter it ain't gonna happen) Time - 14 hours of riding

One grueling day at an incredibly grueling pace
You bettah be a trials pro with unheard of endurance to think you are gonna pull this off.
You better know your machine and your limits well. Don't put off your oil change or other preventative maint. you will regret it.
Breakin for lunch and dinner, leaving at sun up, getting to the end after dark.

Riding in the dark in this sort of terrian is damn near impossible.
You can all but count on your headlight bulb breaking at this pace, mine did in Rubicon the second day if I remember right.

C'mon you know you wanna do it.

Has anyone here ever done it before? I have yet to meet/chat with anyone that has but I would really like thier input on the matter before I pull the trigger for August 28th weekend.

I don't even have a riding buddy to do Dusy Ershim with me the weekend of August 28 yet. I think I could find someone - but I really would like to know they are a solid rider. A spot locator wouldn't be a bad idea either.

To put it in perspective - Rubicon hikers were outrunning me speed wise. If the ***** hits the fan I will likely just hike out, hopefully I am able to.

up in smoke
Aug 8th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Humm...

Figure you can double these rates of travel fairly easily. Triple them maybe. Quadruple them with some determination and experience... Lets do the math:

Triple Time - 24 hours of riding

Three 8 hour days
Frequent breaks
Food will be a problem
Picture taking site seeing chatting with the drunk jeepers camping etc.

Quadruple Time - 18 hours of riding

Two 9 hour days
Minimal rest breaks, maybe one or two an hour no more than 10 min. and an hour lunch.
Eating nuts and berries for lunch/dinner unless you can talk some drunk jeepers outa some grub.

(Er dunno how to say five times - no matter it ain't gonna happen) Time - 14 hours of riding

One grueling day at an incredibly grueling pace
You bettah be a trials pro with unheard of endurance to think you are gonna pull this off.
You better know your machine and your limits well. Don't put off your oil change or other preventative maint. you will regret it.
Breakin for lunch and dinner, leaving at sun up, getting to the end after dark.

Riding in the dark in this sort of terrian is damn near impossible.
You can all but count on your headlight bulb breaking at this pace, mine did in Rubicon the second day if I remember right.

C'mon you know you wanna do it.

Has anyone here ever done it before? I have yet to meet/chat with anyone that has but I would really like thier input on the matter before I pull the trigger for August 28th weekend.

I don't even have a riding buddy to do rubicon with me that weekend yet. I think I could find someone - but I really would like to know they are a solid rider. A spot locator wouldn't be a bad idea either.

To put it in perspective - Rubicon hikers were outrunning me speed wise. If the ***** hits the fan I will likely just hike out, hopefully I am able to.

huh?

montibank
Aug 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
huh?
Goofed the end part said rubicon, but meant dusy (I'll fix it in a sec to prevent future confusion.). I know you want to do it in September but I may not be able to go with you. The last weekend in august might be my only shot at it. October I think I am going to try to enter an enduro race and November Dusy might be closed for winter.

The Mrs. said maybe to the weekend you proposed - but it is the weekend before our 9 year annv. so that might cause some angst. The other option is I might go to Santa Cruz for a Sumo day, just goofin off. We shall see. No set plan yet, gonna make up my mind by wednesday this week.

speedjunkie
Aug 8th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Didnt get out today for a few reasons. Thinkin about hitting jose basin tomorrow around 10

mrlopez
Aug 9th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Goofed the end part said rubicon, but meant dusy (I'll fix it in a sec to prevent future confusion.). I know you want to do it in September but I may not be able to go with you. The last weekend in august might be my only shot at it. October I think I am going to try to enter an enduro race and November Dusy might be closed for winter.

The Mrs. said maybe to the weekend you proposed - but it is the weekend before our 9 year annv. so that might cause some angst. The other option is I might go to Santa Cruz for a Sumo day, just goofin off. We shall see. No set plan yet, gonna make up my mind by wednesday this week.

Darn the last weekend of august I'll have my little angel with me, but don't count me out yet I'll see what I can work out

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM
So my 125 is already LOUD but all of a sudden, it get a whole lot louder and this is why
After work I'm going to see if my stock silencer will mount to my pipe, If not I'll be going completely back to stock :mad:

poach
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I warned ya about those 60ft heal clickers....

JonJon
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM
So my 125 is already LOUD but all of a sudden, it get a whole lot louder and this is why
After work I'm going to see if my stock silencer will mount to my pipe, If not I'll be going completely back to stock :mad:

How did you mount it? Looks like the mounting tab is broke.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I warned ya about those 60ft heal clickers....
I know, the poor 125 is getting used and abused!

How did you mount it? Looks like the mounting tab is broke.

Yup, the tab broke off from the silencer. It's actually still held in place on the sub frame by the bolt underneath the rear fender. It could probably be welded back on but I needed to upgrade anyways.

JonJon
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM
By the way Will, I like all those old sprint car and midget pictures you guys got hangin in your garage. Didn't know you're dad was into that stuff.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:32 PM
By the way Will, I like all those old sprint car and midget pictures you guys got hangin in your garage. Didn't know you're dad was into that stuff.

Most of those pictures are of the Vukovich'es (grandfather, dad & son). They were family friends on my Dad's side of the family. Now those dude's were CRAZY!!!

JonJon
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Most of those pictures are of the Vukovich'es (grandfather, dad & son). They were family friends on my Dad's side of the family. Now those dude's were CRAZY!!!

LOL, that's funny. Bill Jr has been a family friend of ours forever too. He's a little loony from all the wrecks and losing their son, but he's such a cool guy. His wife is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet too. I think they are moving back to Fresno soon, because Bill is tired of the weather in Indy.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
LOL, that's funny. Bill Jr has been a family friend of ours forever too. He's a little loony from all the wrecks and losing their son, but he's such a cool guy. His wife is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet too. I think they are moving back to Fresno soon, because Bill is tired of the weather in Indy.

most yugoslavians are........ I would know lol. I personally never met the guy but have heard plenty of stories.

poach
Aug 12th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I used to live right up the mtn from Billy when they lived in Yosemite Lakes Park.

Crazy doesn't even begin to describe. Such a loss....:(

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM

back in business!

brap brap braPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

up in smoke
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM
going to pismo this weekend with my daughter .

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 13th, 2010, 08:04 PM
going to pismo this weekend with my daughter .

I'll be out there at the end of the month hopefully.

up in smoke
Aug 13th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I'll be out there at the end of the month hopefully.
pismo is for squids.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 13th, 2010, 09:20 PM
pismo is for squids.

whatever. I love riding in the dunes.

up in smoke
Aug 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
whatever. I love riding in the dunes.
lol, its fun to ride the dunes every once and a while .the last time I road the dunes was at glamas and I broke my helmet KOed myself and had to get stiches.

speedjunkie
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Thinkin about going riding this monday. Not sure yet where so if anyone is interested we can plan it. Im up for whatever

GreeNug
Aug 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I finally got around to editing up more of the footage I shot weeks ago when we went up to Whisky. I followed a bit in this one so you can see just how dusty it was.

I've been trying different software and settings for video editing in the new laptop and I think I finally found a sequence that I like. Good quality HD footage with minimal file size I'm finding can be very difficult to achieve, Ha.

This was 4 clips totalling over 5 min long w/ music added and I was right @ about 300mb, Yaye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlu6rVFOgFY&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlu6rVFOgFY&feature=channel

Anybody up for some dusty ass trail riding this weekend? If no I'll probably head out on the street bike.

speedjunkie
Aug 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
So lets do an overnighter at mammoth

montibank
Aug 27th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I finally got around to editing up more of the footage I shot weeks ago when we went up to Whisky. I followed a bit in this one so you can see just how dusty it was.

I've been trying different software and settings for video editing in the new laptop and I think I finally found a sequence that I like. Good quality HD footage with minimal file size I'm finding can be very difficult to achieve, Ha.

This was 4 clips totalling over 5 min long w/ music added and I was right @ about 300mb, Yaye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlu6rVFOgFY&feature=channel

Anybody up for some dusty ass trail riding this weekend? If no I'll probably head out on the street bike.

Im down for some dusty trails on Sunday. Should be BEAUTIFUL weather. No plans as of yet.

Phone number: too-hate-for five-jaun-juan-too

speedjunkie
Aug 27th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Ill be at buttonwillow sunday.....

JonJon
Aug 27th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Ill be at buttonwillow sunday.....

You should be at WSIR Sunday!!

GreeNug
Aug 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
So lets do an overnighter at mammoth

I'm up for some camping near Mammoth but I have to work tomorrow. When were you thinking? It would be nice to get a first rain over there also so it's not so damn dusty, but I'm not too picky.

Im down for some dusty trails on Sunday. Should be BEAUTIFUL weather. No plans as of yet.

Phone number: too-hate-for five-jaun-juan-too

Right on, I'm still up for some Sunday dirty riding :D, do you have an area in mind that you wanted to head to? I would like to just go back to the Whisky area, there is a cool trail w/ a good size river crossing on it that I haven't had the pleasure of riding this year yet. It's late enough that the water should be plenty low now. What say ye?

mrlopez
Aug 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm up for some camping near Mammoth but I have to work tomorrow. When were you thinking? It would be nice to get a first rain over there also so it's not so damn dusty, but I'm not too picky.

Right on, I'm still up for some Sunday dirty riding :D, do you have an area in mind that you wanted to head to? I would like to just go back to the Whisky area, there is a cool trail w/ a good size river crossing on it that I haven't had the pleasure of riding this year yet. It's late enough that the water should be plenty low now. What say ye?

Darn I wish I could go

speedjunkie
Aug 27th, 2010, 05:03 PM
You should be at WSIR Sunday!!

I promised a buddy i used to race rc cars with id go before i knew about wsir. Maybe u should answer ur phone! Lol

I havent seen him in like 3 years and he had been wanting to ride with me

speedjunkie
Aug 27th, 2010, 05:10 PM
As far as dirt riding.....maybe like near the end of september when it cools off some? Ill be gone mid september.

up in smoke
Aug 27th, 2010, 07:20 PM

I might be up for a sunday ride . I might take the kawi cause the wr is ready for dakar and I might have a hard time squeezing it through the trees with the 6.6 gallon tank.

mrlopez
Aug 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I might be up for a sunday ride . I might take the kawi cause the wr is ready for dakar and I might have a hard time squeezing it through the trees with the 6.6 gallon tank.

Dakar?? :confused2:

GreeNug
Aug 28th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Dakar?? :confused2:

Dakar baby! Those guys are crazy! They ran across south America this year instead of Africa but still a really cool race!

http://www.dakar.com/index_DAKus.html

up in smoke
Aug 28th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Dakar baby! Those guys are crazy! They ran across south America this year instead of Africa but still a really cool race!

http://www.dakar.com/index_DAKus.html

forgot about moto gp?

GreeNug
Aug 28th, 2010, 02:09 PM
forgot about moto gp?

Hell no I didn't. I watched the qualifying live earlier, right after work. Best qualifying session ever! The DVR will record the race for me and I can watch it when i get home, I'd rather be riding if possible. :D

Outdoor MX is on tomorrow too, I forget from where.

You going tomorrow?

I was thinking to meet @ chevron in North Fork again?

up in smoke
Aug 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hell no I didn't. I watched the qualifying live earlier, right after work. Best qualifying session ever! The DVR will record the race for me and I can watch it when i get home, I'd rather be riding if possible. :D

Outdoor MX is on tomorrow too, I forget from where.

You going tomorrow?

I was thinking to meet @ chevron in North Fork again?

ok . 7 am?

GreeNug
Aug 28th, 2010, 04:53 PM
ok . 7 am?

yup, 7 works for me. whoops forgot to post a time, doh!

See ya in the morning.

up in smoke
Aug 29th, 2010, 07:02 PM
great ride today. the lake was good also.

GreeNug
Aug 31st, 2010, 06:35 AM
+1 great ride on Sunday, thanks for going Byron. I still can't believe you went over and rode the ski afterwords, your crazy or I'm lazy. Ha.

Here is the first video finally uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjfCqySmfQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjfCqySmfQ

This one has the cows and our water crossing is @ 3:40 if you wanna fast forward. I'll upload the rest tonight, including my over the bars adventures, again.

speedjunkie
Aug 31st, 2010, 07:05 AM
Anybody riding next sunday? Will be freed up

JonJon
Aug 31st, 2010, 07:22 AM
+1 great ride on Sunday, thanks for going Byron. I still can't believe you went over and rode the ski afterwords, your crazy or I'm lazy. Ha.

Here is the first video finally uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjfCqySmfQ

This one has the cows and our water crossing is @ 3:40 if you wanna fast forward. I'll upload the rest tonight, including my over the bars adventures, again.

Man, looks like a lot of fun.

CBR600RIDA
Aug 31st, 2010, 09:17 AM

im down
where you thinkn

mrlopez
Aug 31st, 2010, 11:15 AM
If I can't get my street bike going by the weekend I might up for some trail riding

montibank
Aug 31st, 2010, 12:50 PM

Sorry I left ya hanging. Rather tired from the previous day. Ya ... Not in the shape I need to be in in order to do two days of riding all day.

400 miles on the 530 one weekend is prolly all I can handle.

~

Michael

mrlopez
Aug 31st, 2010, 01:24 PM
Sorry I left ya hanging. Rather tired from the previous day. Ya ... Not in the shape I need to be in in order to do two days of riding all day.

~

Michael

Watcha doing sunday Mike? :D

GreeNug
Aug 31st, 2010, 09:30 PM

I might be able to make next Sunday, I'm not sure what I'm up to this weekend yet?

Man, looks like a lot of fun.

Tis' a ton of fun, shoot on up the hill with us!

~

Michael

No prob. I thought you guys were suprmoto'in up this weekend. 400 miles is a k-rap load on a dirtbike, do you have a seat on it?

GreeNug
Aug 31st, 2010, 09:31 PM
Video #2 is up from this weekend. I end up on the ground in this one, again, right over the bars. I included a slow mo replay @ the end too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBM6-EjZ_o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBM6-EjZ_o

GreeNug
Sep 1st, 2010, 06:30 AM
Last video is up from the weekend. This is one of my favorite trails, it runs through a few meadows that can get tricky but overall very scenic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKpPruHf28"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKpPruHf28

poach
Sep 1st, 2010, 07:44 AM
Now that's some good clean fun right thar!

Thx for the vids.:thumbsup:

mrlopez
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:01 AM
Video #2 is up from this weekend. I end up on the ground in this one, again, right over the bars. I included a slow mo replay @ the end too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBM6-EjZ_o

It looks like you might break to hard then flip ?

JonJon
Sep 1st, 2010, 08:07 AM
It looks like you might break to hard then flip ?

Stuck her in a rut. Good times!!

JonJon
Sep 2nd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Now this is some serious trail riding.
http://www.vimeo.com/14537052

montibank
Sep 3rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Last video is up from the weekend. This is one of my favorite trails, it runs through a few meadows that can get tricky but overall very scenic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKpPruHf28
Not too fast ... just finding your limits. Looks like fun to me!

montibank
Sep 3rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
No prob. I thought you guys were suprmoto'in up this weekend. 400 miles is a k-rap load on a dirtbike, do you have a seat on it?

we trailered a good ways up to Santa Cruz... Stock seat, black and blue arse. Totally worth it.

Any word on the epic dusy run? My wife has been a complete zombie lately, acting like she could give a rats ass less about our anniversary. I can't confirm anything for the weekend of Sept 18th, but I still want to go. :evilgrin0013:

up in smoke
Sep 3rd, 2010, 03:00 PM
we trailered a good ways up to Santa Cruz... Stock seat, black and blue arse. Totally worth it.

Any word on the epic dusy run? My wife has been a complete zombie lately, acting like she could give a rats ass less about our anniversary. I can't confirm anything for the weekend of Sept 18th, but I still want to go. :evilgrin0013:

my buddy and i are going 18-19 of this month. trying to get Nug to go.

VintageRider
Sep 3rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
My wife has been a complete zombie lately, acting like she could give a rats ass less about our anniversary. I can't confirm anything for the weekend of Sept 18th, but I still want to go. :evilgrin0013:

Don't do it, she is just suckering you into thinking you can get away with it and then :talktothehand::fryingpan:

speedjunkie
Sep 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Going to huntington sunday till monday. Any thats gonna be up that way and wants to ride come up. Its a friends cabin im staying ay

montibank
Sep 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Don't do it, she is just suckering you into thinking you can get away with it and then :talktothehand::fryingpan:

Basically that is what happened with Santa Cruz. She was mad about something totally unrelated ... Ya f'ing right. Either way I got yelled at that night/morning - was somewhere around 4 am ... My memory of it was a bit fuzzy.

~

Michael

montibank
Sep 10th, 2010, 09:52 PM
my buddy and i are going 18-19 of this month. trying to get Nug to go.

Got room for another?
Looks like I am free that weekend.

mrlopez
Sep 10th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Got room for another?
Looks like I am free that weekend.

I tough you had family plans

montibank
Sep 10th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I tough you had family plans

Did. Anniversery is the following wednesday, she didn't want me to make plans for the weekend before or after that wednesday till she knew for sure when we were celebrating. We are celebrating the following weekend, so I am going riding on the 18th and 19th.

mrlopez
Sep 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Did. Anniversery is the following wednesday, she didn't want me to make plans for the weekend before or after that wednesday till she knew for sure when we were celebrating. We are celebrating the following weekend, so I am going riding on the 18th and 19th.

Well that's good, then cool

montibank
Sep 11th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Well that's good, then cool
I have pulled up to Dusy twice now - two years in a row, looked at it and thought. Ahh... Not prepared. I am definately ready this year.

~

Michael

up in smoke
Sep 21st, 2010, 09:38 PM
I have pulled up to Dusy twice now - two years in a row, looked at it and thought. Ahh... Not prepared. I am definately ready this year.

~

Michael

:pokeit:

mrlopez
Sep 22nd, 2010, 10:34 AM

:puke: :pound::pound:

montibank
Sep 27th, 2010, 09:01 PM

Uhhmm I forgot the word "not" in there somewhere. :evilgrin0013:

speedjunkie
Sep 28th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Anybody wanting to plan a weekend of camping and riding someplace since its starting to cool off?

Mr J Himself
Sep 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Were gunna go camp at jawbone canyon Halloween and Thanksgiving

montibank
Oct 1st, 2010, 12:11 PM
Were gunna go camp at jawbone canyon Halloween and Thanksgiving

Hallween would be fun - so would thanksgiving. Both would land me in some pretty hot water with the Mrs.

Have fun, wish I could be there.