PDA

View Full Version : Pic and Vid from June 20@Buttonwillow

JJ Walker
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Forest (OG CBR) hooked me up with a video guy (Aaron Cooley; Kenetic Analysis Data) that he met at a previous track day. He was testing out his new bike and new equipment and shot a little vid of me. I come in at about 1:10. At about 3:05 Nik comes flying by :thumbsup:. By about 4:39 Aaron just takes off!! Thanks again to Letsride and all the CVR members I met...it was a pretty fun day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-yhrnM-s0

The pic is from Van Hap.

sincalirider
Jun 26th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Nice vid, man I really need to get out there and pop my track day cherry

280squaggler
Jun 26th, 2010, 11:08 PM
nice video .... i like the front to rear video shots ....

GSXR888
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:44 AM
was that Nik passing the camera guy at 3:08?

JJ Walker
Jun 27th, 2010, 08:48 AM
was that Nik passing the camera guy at 3:08?

Yep. Nik was flyin' around alllll day!

KDOG
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Nice video! Nik seemed to be moving very well out there.

Blakester
Jun 27th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Nice video! Nik seemed to be moving very well out there.

He was doing great, then there was the turn 2 mishap..:eek:

OG CBR Ryder
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Great video Wayne! Thats great how that situation worked out. Aaron had just installed the forward and rear camaras and was looking to do some testing. I know he normally charges during Track Club events. It's so educational to see a video of yourself like that. It really gives you an idea of how you and your bike are interacting in various situations and turns.

When i first saw video of myself, i was surprised to see that I wasn't leaning the bike over as far as I thought i was. I also noticed my riding position was very upright and stiff. Did seeing the video provide any insight for you, Wayne?

JJ Walker
Jun 27th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Great video Wayne! Thats great how that situation worked out. Aaron had just installed the forward and rear camaras and was looking to do some testing. I know he normally charges during Track Club events. It's so educational to see a video of yourself like that. It really gives you an idea of how you and your bike are interacting in various situations and turns.

When i first saw video of myself, i was surprised to see that I wasn't leaning the bike over as far as I thought i was. I also noticed my riding position was very upright and stiff. Did seeing the video provide any insight for you, Wayne?

Yep. Plenty of insight for sure. 1. I'm slow. 2. There are places on the track I need to open the throttle more. 3. I have improved since my last time at BW. I need to work on my upper body positioning too....man...there's so much work to be done. One day I'll be able to keep up with some of the big dogs...but then again...maybe not (see Derik...he knows):D

OG CBR Ryder
Jun 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Yep. Plenty of insight for sure. 1. I'm slow. 2. There are places on the track I need to open the throttle more. 3. I have improved since my last time at BW. I need to work on my upper body positioning too....man...there's so much work to be done. One day I'll be able to keep up with some of the big dogs...but then again...maybe not (see Derik...he knows):D

Something I learned from watching your video is that you have a good line, and fully use the track. You seem to flow gracefully around, smoothly transitioning from turn to turn. I hope to be able to keep up with you some day.

As a tall rider, I've had to learn to use my legs to push my butt as far back as possible. This causes my chest to come down over the tank. I really have to crank my head up to get a good view. I try to keep my elbows down near my knees. It's not very comfortable, but I'll get used to it. Now i understand why riding a road bicycle is good training for track riding/racing. Just no gay bicycle attire for me.

Calkidd
Jun 27th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Wayne you look awesome out there. You have come a long way from when I first road with you. Good job.

CrAsH
Jun 28th, 2010, 12:46 AM
good riding. not sure if i like how much that pavement changes though.

JJ Walker
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Something I learned from watching your video is that you have a good line, and fully use the track. You seem to flow gracefully around, smoothly transitioning from turn to turn. I hope to be able to keep up with you some day.

As a tall rider, I've had to learn to use my legs to push my butt as far back as possible. This causes my chest to come down over the tank. I really have to crank my head up to get a good view. I try to keep my elbows down near my knees. It's not very comfortable, but I'll get used to it. Now i understand why riding a road bicycle is good training for track riding/racing. Just no gay bicycle attire for me.

Thanks Forest...now go get yourself some bike shorts!
Thanks again for the hookup with Aaron!

Wayne you look awesome out there. You have come a long way from when I first road with you. Good job.

Right on Brian! You guys treat me well out there...I learn from the best.

good riding. not sure if i like how much that pavement changes though.

Thanks man. Pavement changes....ah the joys of Bumpywillow. I think we'd all be lost out there without the bumps!