PDA

View Full Version : Dualsport GPS Tracks

Terry
May 9th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone had any gpx files of good moderate dual sport rides? I could just pick some roads on the gps and go find them and hope theyre open, but i figured id ask here first and see if anyone could help me along in finding my way around. Thanks in advance.

montibank
May 9th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone had any gpx files of good moderate dual sport rides? I could just pick some roads on the gps and go find them and hope theyre open, but i figured id ask here first and see if anyone could help me along in finding my way around. Thanks in advance.
Just ordered a GPS device this morninng... Maybe I will have some soon.

Where are you looking to ride? How difficult an offroad experience are yu looking for?

Terry
May 9th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Just ordered a GPS device this morninng... Maybe I will have some soon.

Where are you looking to ride? How difficult an offroad experience are yu looking for?

you should've just said something. i've got two or three spares. ;)

Just moderate difficulty. I have limited experience off road. That and the lack of desire to wake up at 5am keeps me from going on big group rides.

Id really like to stay close to the Coalinga or Exeter areas since theyre both fairly close, but im not against traveling a little ways.

Stuntrdr943
May 10th, 2010, 12:42 AM
you should've just said something. i've got two or three spares. ;)

Are you selling them? let me know because i want to start tracking rides i take here soon..

the_g_couple
May 10th, 2010, 06:51 AM
pick up a forest service map there is all kinds of on off trails/roads up here there is still alot of closed areas but as it warms up they will open..im planning on doing alot of fishing in the back country this year,made a fishing pole holder and small rack for the bike ...later mikeG

montibank
May 10th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Just moderate difficulty. I have limited experience off road. That and the lack of desire to wake up at 5am keeps me from going on big group rides.

Id really like to stay close to the Coalinga or Exeter areas since theyre both fairly close, but im not against traveling a little ways.

What kind of dualsport are you on? Dirt bike w/plate or an offroad touring bike (KTM950/GS1200)? You trailering to the dirt or riding from lemoore?

Terry
May 10th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Forgot me already? I've got the XT660R and XT600E. Mid-range duallies. Can't get into anything too terrible, but I can venture off of the service roads a little. I'm suppose to be taking a dirt bike training course here on base next week. I'm taking it on the 600 so maybe they'll teach me a few tricks with it.

montibank
May 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Forgot me already? I've got the XT660R and XT600E. Mid-range duallies. Can't get into anything too terrible, but I can venture off of the service roads a little. I'm suppose to be taking a dirt bike training course here on base next week. I'm taking it on the 600 so maybe they'll teach me a few tricks with it.
LOL oops ya ... Ima moron. Too many usernames... Mistook you for "Telly" whom I went riding with two weekends ago on his sportbike. Sorry mate.

You know... The coast is only 1.5 hours from you, or at least the dirty roads to get there. Have you ever run the Pozo La Panza area? Hop on ADV rider http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12903429&posted=1#post12903429 and get a hold of powerman. I imagine he would be down for a pozo run here soon. Gotta wait for it to dry out a little, but we are getting close.

There is a ton of great riding well suited for your machines in my area (right up 180) but there are a ton of downed trees right now. Have you ever ridin in Blue Canyon?

~

Michael

Terry
May 11th, 2010, 11:08 AM
My tires havent touched California dirt yet so No on the Blue Canyon question. I'd really like to get out and see these places, guess i'll just have to go explore. Not entirely a bad thing, just wanted some insight before i took off. Guess i could post a proposed route before i go and see if theres any plusses or minus'.

montibank
May 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
My tires havent touched California dirt yet so No on the Blue Canyon question. I'd really like to get out and see these places, guess i'll just have to go explore. Not entirely a bad thing, just wanted some insight before i took off. Guess i could post a proposed route before i go and see if theres any plusses or minus'.
I wish could take you on a grand tour, but cant commit to any riding right now with a baby on the way sometime in the next two weeks. Go to that adv rider link I posted above ... post that you wanna ride the area. Someone is likely to bite. Let me know when you go if yer headed north, I might be able to sneak out for an hour or two with the Mrs none the wiser.

*edit - some of the usual dualsport suspects are talking about a camp'n'ride this weekend. Two on weestroms so far maybe more. They could at least point you in the right direction around the campfire. They are on the adv link above as well.

Phone number: too hate for - five juan jaun too