PDA

View Full Version : Friday March 19th at Willow Springs, wanna go

Blakester
Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:48 AM
I am going and my road dog Forest was going to go with me but now he has a few broken bones so he can't make it. I will be heading up with my toy hauler on friday morning, so if anyone from the CVR wants to meet me at my house, load there bike in my toy hauler and roll there with me, let me know.:D It is thru trackdaz.com :word:

OG CBR Ryder
Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
It should be a great day, Derik! I have a C spot reserved if anyone wants to buy it from me, otherwise Dustin offered me a credit. Only $125! Great price for an internationaly known track, and you get to roll with a true track celebrity like Derik!

McLuvin_R1
Mar 4th, 2010, 06:08 PM
OG CBR Rider. I want to buy your track day.

Derik, can I meet you in bako and roll out with you?

If I buy his C, and need to moved up. Is that ok? Or should I get a B day through trackdayz. Or just buy his day and get bumped up to B.

I will be wearing my suit with "character" patch holes and all. lol I need to buy a new one ASAP!

OG CBR Ryder
Mar 4th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks Shane! How about I contact Dustin and see if you could use it in B group. You could just pay Blakester.

McLuvin_R1
Mar 4th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks Shane! How about I contact Dustin and see if you could use it in B group. You could just pay Blakester.

Ok will it still be the 125? Hopefully Derik replies so I can ride with him...

trackpimp
Mar 5th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Only a few B-Group spots are left, along with several A-Group Spots! Get signed up! I know you racer types need practice, be sure to PM me for the WSMC Racer discount!

Blakester
Mar 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Ok will it still be the 125? Hopefully Derik replies so I can ride with him...

Of course you can roll with me, if you haven't been to big willow then you are in store for a treat. Oh as for signing up better sign up for the group you need to be in

OG CBR Ryder
Mar 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Cool guys! Dustin says Shane can buy my spot for B use. Shane rolls out with Blakester. Everybody's cool.

:nopity::k1ocray: and i wish i was there riding.

trackpimp
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Just let me know via e-mail when these transactions are complete. I'll edit my roster at that point so all is good!

McLuvin_R1
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM
So If I have never been to Willow Springs should I do C? I definitely do not want to A... Yet.

trackpimp
Mar 5th, 2010, 02:24 PM
So If I have never been to Willow Springs should I do C? I definitely do not want to A... Yet.

If you're a regular B-Group participant.. You'll be fine in B. If you're relatively inexperienced, you should be in C.

Blakester
Mar 13th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Soooo, anyone else wanna roll up there with me and Shane?

speedjunkie
Mar 13th, 2010, 09:07 PM
ill be there.

dustin can u save me a spot in a or b? Havent rode in a while so i might need to turn a couple sessions in b.

im renuwing my licence this weekend also and racing sunday...

Devlausdan
Mar 13th, 2010, 09:10 PM

Go on A. Get your feet wet. The water's warm. :)

egos in check. Have fun out there Shane.

Blakester
Mar 13th, 2010, 10:38 PM
ill be there.

dustin can u save me a spot in a or b? Havent rode in a while so i might need to turn a couple sessions in b.

As of right now there are only 4 slots open in A group so if you going you better sign up quick.;)

trackpimp
Mar 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
ill be there.

Dude, you'll be fine in A!

speedjunkie
Mar 14th, 2010, 03:13 PM
ok im signed up.
see ya there

Blakester
Mar 14th, 2010, 07:11 PM
ok im signed up.
see ya there

If you want to pit with us and my luxurious toy hauler:D you are more that welcome and I gots power for 1 more set of warmers..;)

speedjunkie
Mar 14th, 2010, 08:46 PM
cool ill take u up on that :)
now just stay till sunday lol

McLuvin_R1
Mar 14th, 2010, 11:07 PM
cool ill take u up on that :)
now just stay till sunday lol

Cool man we get to meet :)

speedjunkie
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Cool man we get to meet :)

cool. Come find me. Bodywork will have 744 on it and wont be in the best looking condition.

When are u leaving? Can split a room if ur going thursday night

JonJon
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:08 AM
When are u leaving? Can split a room if ur going thursday night

:gay::gay:

speedjunkie
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:14 AM
dont be jealous.

McLuvin_R1
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:37 AM
cool. Come find me. Bodywork will have 744 on it and wont be in the best looking condition.

When are u leaving? Can split a room if ur going Thursday night

I'm leaving Friday morning at 3:45 be at Deriks at 5:20 ish. I have a grandma in b-field if I was going to stay there. thanks anyways man.

Blakester
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:37 AM

If you pit with me then you will be pitting with Shane also, so you guys can meet and hang out all you want..LOL

McLuvin_R1
Mar 16th, 2010, 01:43 PM
If you pit with me then you will be pitting with Shane also, so you guys can meet and hang out all you want..LOL

yeah man we dont need a hotel room for that :p:gay:

McLuvin_R1
Mar 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
All loaded up hitting the sack! Cant wait. Grrr, not too excited. I forgot I had Perrelli Pro SC0 compound! Oh gosh these tires are going to be toast after Friday on this track!

Calkidd
Mar 19th, 2010, 06:24 AM
All loaded up hitting the sack! Cant wait. Grrr, not too excited. I forgot I had Perrelli Pro SC0 compound! Oh gosh these tires are going to be toast after Friday on this track!http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=141480&postcount=1:confused2:

Wile_E_Coyote
Mar 19th, 2010, 07:59 AM
http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=141480&postcount=1:confused2:

Love it.

Weksos_R6
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:31 AM
thought i read he wuz gonna save them for buttonwillow in April....also says he won't be running them March 19th :confused2: maybe i read it wrong

McLuvin_R1
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:18 PM
http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=141480&postcount=1:confused2:

You should link the whole thread. :confused2:

Full Thread
http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7714

And the answer to your question. Is....

Scrubbed these tires in today, saving them for BW in April. Using my perrelli Pro's for my next 2 track days at Willow Springs. Dont want to be running a somewhat untrusted tire on a track I have never been too.

They are soft compound did not want to tear them to pieces at Willow

McLuvin_R1
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Back on Topic.

I had a lot of fun today, started in B. Never been there so I took the C class orientation to become more familiar with the track. Over all I had a good day. Blakester and Speed Junkie were really cool ride with, I took it slow and let them show me some lines a few laps. I let the day come to me and I had a lot of fun. That track is sick. I love the Omega, its very unforgiving and really gives you that pucker factor. Love it. Some poor guy got knocked out enterring turn 3 and had to be air lifted. Bummer.

StreetFanaticEd
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Love it.

these tires in today, saving them for BW in April. Using my perrelli Pro's for my next 2 track days at Willow Springs. Dont want to be running a somewhat untrusted tire on a track I have never been too.

BURN :popcorn:

PapaBear
Mar 20th, 2010, 09:53 AM
You should link the whole thread. :confused2:

Full Thread
http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7714

And the answer to your question. Is....

They are soft compound did not want to tear them to pieces at Willow

:popcorn::popcorn: and the fun begin's

McLuvin_R1
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:22 PM
BURN :popcorn:

Yeah the only untrue part of Eds quote was me not doing streets on Monday.

Blakester
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:39 PM
It was a great day overall, the weather was perfect and no wind, believe that. The day started out bad, Justin from ASV lost his rearend coming out of turn 9 and his bike and him flipped about 20 times, he got up ran over picked up his bike and it caught fire, the trackdaz crew acted fast and put it out but that bike was bbq'd, oh it was an gsxr600, not the usually very flammable R6, seen 2 of them burn up at the track in the past 2yrs. ANyways, he was fine so that is what was important. As for me, I had a rough time dealing with my sprained ankle and stress fracture in my right lower leg. Turn 2 and 9 were kicking my ass, but I turned some pretty good laps until the end of the day when I was in turn 2, leaned over and my ankle gave out and if it wouldn't have been for the fact that I was dragging knee and all my brute strength:rolleyes: to muscle myself back on my bike I would have been on my buttocks. Shane, you did great dude, you listened to everyone that gave you advice and you didn't ride over your head and it turned out by the end of the day you were probaly one of the faster guys in B group. Thanks for coming out with me. Next month on friday April 16th I will be out there again with Trackdaz, so if anyone wants to join me, just let me know and we'll roll out.

speedjunkie
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:40 PM
was a pretty good day. Just unfortunate track time got cut short.

good ridding shane.

Blakester
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM
was a pretty good day. Just unfortunate track time got cut short.

good ridding shane.

Get off your damn cell phone and get back to race practice..LOL

McLuvin_R1
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:49 PM
It was a great day overall, the weather was perfect and no wind, believe that. The day started out bad, Justin from ASV lost his rearend coming out of turn 9 and his bike and him flipped about 20 times, he got up ran over picked up his bike and it caught fire, the trackdaz crew acted fast and put it out but that bike was bbq'd, oh it was an gsxr600, not the usually very flammable R6, seen 2 of them burn up at the track in the past 2yrs. ANyways, he was fine so that is what was important. As for me, I had a rough time dealing with my sprained ankle and stress fracture in my right lower leg. Turn 2 and 9 were kicking my ass, but I turned some pretty good laps until the end of the day when I was in turn 2, leaned over and my ankle gave out and if it wouldn't have been for the fact that I was dragging knee and all my brute strength:rolleyes: to muscle myself back on my bike I would have been on my buttocks. Shane, you did great dude, you listened to everyone that gave you advice and you didn't ride over your head and it turned out by the end of the day you were probaly one of the faster guys in B group. Thanks for coming out with me. Next month on friday April 16th I will be out there again with Trackdaz, so if anyone wants to join me, just let me know and we'll roll out.

Thanks it was my first day so I kept it smooth! I just kept my head on, leaned from the best, haha. Im going to conquer turn 3, 4a! At the end of the day I was running up on bikes there keeping a nice pace, and dont get me started on the sweeper! Those B guys get scared and let off going into 9. I just kept on it! I would make up time there, I love the speed! Turn 2 is still scary. Im not sure how fast i can actually enter it.

I would love to go April 16th. That track is sick. I will see if I can. ;)

McLuvin_R1
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Hey guys notice anything?

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac295/shanerz1/DSCF3428.jpg

StreetFanaticEd
Mar 20th, 2010, 03:38 PM

Wow that sucks!

Blakester
Mar 20th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Yeah, that is Justin's girl, I had to stop her from riding her bike out on the track, she was really shook up.

Blakester
Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:27 AM
The picture's are up www.caliphotography.com

trackpimp
Mar 22nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
anyone notice we had AMA racer AUSSIE DAVE in attendance? What a cool guy that dude is?

Quig
Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
anyone notice we had AMA racer AUSSIE DAVE in attendance? What a cool guy that dude is?

Yeah, now only if he could ride... :weirdface:

McLuvin_R1
Mar 22nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the link to the photos. I didn't notice any racer.

speedjunkie
Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
dave was a cool dude. talked to him some friday.

hey matt , if u read this, id love to learn a line through 2 at willow. was slow all weekend there and you seem to get through it ok.
was cool talking to you some friday when you came by derrik's hauler.

Quig
Mar 22nd, 2010, 09:33 PM
dave was a cool dude. talked to him some friday.

hey matt , if u read this, id love to learn a line through 2 at willow. was slow all weekend there and you seem to get through it ok.
was cool talking to you some friday when you came by derrik's hauler.

Dave is cool. And fuggin faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast....

You going to be out next month? If so, remind me and we'll do some laps and I'll let you know what I see. T2 out there is probably my strongest point so I'm sure I'll have an opinion.;)

You looked good out there this weekend. Keep up the good work dude.:D

speedjunkie
Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:43 AM
alright sounds good. Thanks :)

speedjunkie
Mar 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM
http://caliphotography.exposuremanager.com/p/4888/cp2_4450_22_279_2_2

from friday

:)