Calkidd
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
What do you guys think?

mrlopez
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I ask for monday off already so 5/12 for me

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I like the Friday option and I did enjoy the TI2TT guys. But I'm easy. Any chance you can get that day switched Sergio?

Come on Houa, what say you?

mrlopez
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:47 PM
yeah friday sounds better, but they wont go at work so its monday for me or wait till june 14 at TH:confused:

kidmoua
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Come on Houa, what say you?

still waiting for permission slip to come back..

Devlausdan
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:55 AM
still waiting for permission slip to come back..

I need parts...

GsxR1000Ryda
Apr 21st, 2008, 07:48 AM
and once again, on a weekday..................

seDUCtive
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:46 AM
I voted for another Friday... That was too much fun last time!

kidmoua
Apr 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
I voted for another Friday... That was too much fun last time!

what difference does it make, you're not riding..:rolleyes:

(are you going to ride this time??)

seDUCtive
Apr 21st, 2008, 11:30 AM
what difference does it make, you're not riding..:rolleyes:

(are you going to ride this time??)

What? I am sorry did you just say that you don't want any pictures with my brand new lens?... Yeah I think that is what I heard!

Actually, I might ride...okay I am lying...But I might...Prolly not though

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 21st, 2008, 11:36 AM
What? I am sorry did you just say that you don't want any pictures with my brand new lens?... Yeah I think that is what I heard!

Actually, I might ride...okay I am lying...But I might...Prolly not though

Come on, you know you want to, EVERYONE is doing it! :D

Bonkers
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM
Wish i could .. had a blast on the 18th ...
might be to soon to ask for a nother one lol

ducbill996
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:58 PM
Come on, you know you want to, EVERYONE is doing it! :D

she's getting closer to taking it on the track... after seeing that other guy out there on the white 848, she wants to take her's out and show him how it done!:eek::D

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 21st, 2008, 01:01 PM
after seeing that other guy out there on the white 848, she wants to take her's out and show him how it done!:eek::D

Werd! You go girl! :D

ducbill996
Apr 21st, 2008, 01:13 PM
are you gonna go UFO?

kidmoua
Apr 21st, 2008, 01:26 PM
she's getting closer to taking it on the track... after seeing that other guy out there on the white 848, she wants to take her's out and show him how it done!:eek::D

did you see the guy pushing his red 848 off the track after he wrecked..dude seems piss

ducbill996
Apr 21st, 2008, 01:30 PM
did you see the guy pushing his red 848 off the track after he wrecked..dude seems piss

that was his friends bike!!!:eek::eek:

that is prolly why he looked so pissed...

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 21st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Oh snap! That aint cool!

Devlausdan
Apr 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM

Wrecking your own bike is one thing. But to wreck someone else's bike... Ouch!!! That's a hard one to swallow. And an 848!!! That's an expensive one.

There was one dude from Merced (the Laotian dude with the long hair) that I didn't even know. The dude was so nice that he kept on insisting that I take his bike out on the track. He asked me four times. That since I was there to ride, don't let my bike keep me from doing that. Man, that was real big of him. But I said no. There was no way I was going to go out on someone else's bike after what just happened to me on my bike.

kidmoua
Apr 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM

ouch..thats gottah suck..

ti2ttmatt
Apr 21st, 2008, 02:29 PM
I need parts...

What kinda parts are we talking about here? We may be able to help you out with some stuff. Time to turn that bike into a track bike anyway right? If I remember right, the bike wasn't too bad, mostly cosmetic. EBAY is your friend!

kidmoua
Apr 21st, 2008, 02:53 PM
Time to turn that bike into a track bike anyway right

totaly agree

Devlausdan
Apr 21st, 2008, 03:30 PM
What kinda parts are we talking about here? We may be able to help you out with some stuff. Time to turn that bike into a track bike anyway right? If I remember right, the bike wasn't too bad, mostly cosmetic. EBAY is your friend!

It's just little stuff. A part of me wants to go ahead and get aftermarket rear sets, new performance brake and clutch levers, complete new race body kit, and some other.

The other part of me says to not spend so much because it's just little stuff and bike could go down again. For me to just get use oem gear shifter, used left body fairing and for me to just sand down the bike completely to a flat black.

Either way, I enjoy riding too much to stop.

ti2ttmatt
Apr 21st, 2008, 05:58 PM
It's just little stuff. A part of me wants to go ahead and get aftermarket rear sets, new performance brake and clutch levers, complete new race body kit, and some other.

The other part of me says to not spend so much because it's just little stuff and bike could go down again. For me to just get use oem gear shifter, used left body fairing and for me to just sand down the bike completely to a flat black.

Ok, here is the deal with some of the things you just said. Rear-sets are a good idea anyway because eventually you are going to start grinding your pegs even though they are sprung on hinges and flip up. I broke my gear shift lever at Reno Fernley on stock rear sets on my old GSX-R just because it is too low. I fixed the problem with a drill and a bolt and a spacer only to bend the rear brake lever later in the afternoon. Rear-sets become a must for track
riders and they look pretty cool to boot. Vortex is pretty reasonably priced and another nice bit is that you can purchase each piece separately (ie a peg here, a plate there should you crash again and need to.)

Levers, I agree... they are more Bling than anything, but the ASV ones are sweet and they are "unbreakable." They have a 5 year warranty on that and we are GOOD friends with those guys and they truly are a top notch company that stands by their product. The owners were actually out there with you guys.

Is/was that bike your street bike? Claim the damage on your insurance, get new body work, put it on a shelf in your garage in the plastic, get race body work, ride bike until you are ready to sell it, put street body work back on that is brand new, and life is good. Any other combo of that is possible too. Sell the bike as a track bike with all the street stuff, vice versa etc.

You could also go your route and be just fine too. Just trying to throw some options out there. Either way the rear-sets will make you happier.

Matt

yoageallen
Apr 21st, 2008, 06:18 PM
Listen to Matt! He is a smart man.;)

up in smoke
Apr 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM

go with the flat black. its sick!

Devlausdan
Apr 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Ok, here is the deal with some of the things you just said. Rear-sets are a good idea anyway because eventually you are going to start grinding your pegs even though they are sprung on hinges and flip up. I broke my gear shift lever at Reno Fernley on stock rear sets on my old GSX-R just because it is too low. I fixed the problem with a drill and a bolt and a spacer only to bend the rear brake lever later in the afternoon. Rear-sets become a must for track
riders and they look pretty cool to boot. Vortex is pretty reasonably priced and another nice bit is that you can purchase each piece separately (ie a peg here, a plate there should you crash again and need to.)

Levers, I agree... they are more Bling than anything, but the ASV ones are sweet and they are "unbreakable." They have a 5 year warranty on that and we are GOOD friends with those guys and they truly are a top notch company that stands by their product. The owners were actually out there with you guys.

Is/was that bike your street bike? Claim the damage on your insurance, get new body work, put it on a shelf in your garage in the plastic, get race body work, ride bike until you are ready to sell it, put street body work back on that is brand new, and life is good. Any other combo of that is possible too. Sell the bike as a track bike with all the street stuff, vice versa etc.

You could also go your route and be just fine too. Just trying to throw some options out there. Either way the rear-sets will make you happier.
Matt

Funny you said that about using a drill and bolt for the brake shifter. I was going to do that too. Hey it's going to be converted from a street bike to a track bike eventually, so fancy stuff won't cut it for me unless the performance reward out supercedes the cost.

Regarding the insurance. There isn't enough damage for that. Last K5-1000 that I wrecked on the street, my insurance went that route because forks and wheels were bent, and frame scratched. Besides, I've already started working on the bike. It's not that bad once the bike was clear of the dirt that was covering it. Plus already took that sander to the plastic to smooth out the scratches.

I appreciate the great set up that you guys did at BW. The track crew was fantastic. You guys were all over the track readily available to help out every single rider there. I'm hoping to get back out there sooner or later.

I'm taking all your advise into consideration on my fix-up job. Thanks a mil.

Devlausdan
Apr 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
go with the flat black. its sick!

FLAT BLACK it is then.

up in smoke
Apr 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM

FLAT BLACK it is then.

i only said that because my f4 track bike is flat black and it looks like *****. you may have seen it last Friday lol:) go with a lighter color. or it will be to hot to sit on.

yoageallen
Apr 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
that copper was a sweet color!:(

Calkidd
Apr 21st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Ahhheeemmmm.,........getting back to the thread subject.:rolleyes:

Big Kahuna
Apr 21st, 2008, 08:59 PM
Ahhheeemmmm.,........getting back to the thread subject.:rolleyes:Yeah. how does that feel? :D

ducbill996
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:46 PM
no wait! if i was gonna paint my....

:D:D:D

kidmoua
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
I told you guys it was either Bryan or Dan..that will steer a thread off track

Calkidd
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Well it looks like there is not enough interest for either track day to get the discount therefore I will not complie a list. So, it looks like we are on our own so sign up when/where ever you want.

I am still trying to decide which day I want to do however, one of my road dawgs is going on the Friday track day.

kidmoua
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
..now what day were you looking at for TH?

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548

Calkidd
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:41 AM
..now what day were you looking at for TH?

Hello...search button:rolleyes:

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
I am still trying to decide which day I want to do however, one of my road dawgs is going on the Friday track day.

Which is it? I'm thinking about going, but don't want to be there by myself.

kidmoua
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:54 AM

Hello...search button:rolleyes:

suck my toes

mrlopez
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
Which is it? I'm thinking about going, but don't want to be there by myself.

Well I'm going on Monday, I think should be emptier plus I can have one of those control riders follow me all day :D

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Sergio, you'll like working with the control rider. That was a cool experience.

I'll see which day fits best I guess. Who else is going?

kidmoua
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
still waiting for my permission slip guys..:mad:

Calkidd
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
suck my toes
Only if we bunk together at Reno Fernley

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
still waiting for my permission slip guys..:mad:

Grow a set will ya... :D

kidmoua
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Only if we bunk together at Reno Fernley

DEAL!

kidmoua
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Grow a set will ya... :D

:eek:

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM
I'll just drag you along then.

seDUCtive
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Just as a precaution I have already asked for the 9th off... (hear that Bill?) What I learned watching last time it is nice to have a day to recover (and I just watched!)

kidmoua
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Just as a precaution I have already asked for the 9th off... (hear that Bill?) What I learned watching last time it is nice to have a day to recover (and I just watched!)

you need a day to recover from watching and taking pictures? :rolleyes:

seDUCtive
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
you need a day to recover from watching and taking pictures? :rolleyes:

I did a lot of walking too!...

... Actually my point was that if I was riding I know that I would NEED a day to recover (read: SLEEP IN). I dragged bill to the coast after BW and I could tell that he was being a trooper.

Calkidd
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
I did a lot of walking too!...

... Actually my point was that if I was riding I know that I would NEED a day to recover (read: SLEEP IN). I dragged bill to the coast after BW and I could tell that he was being a trooper.
So, am I understanding this right...you are going to do a track day?

seDUCtive
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM

I said yes! If I find that EXTRA thousand bucks laying around the house... Perhaps I should offer Bill up for sale on Motel Drive or Roeding Park... What to you say Bill are you willing to "take one" for the team?? :p

ducbill996
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM

NO!!!

:D

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
NO!!!

Let's hear it for women's rights... :D

seDUCtive
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
NO!!!

Aww Man!!

ducbill996
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Aww Man!!

i was saying no to you riding on the track!:D

i'm all for the motel drive thing... you know i'm a whore!:D

kidmoua
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Remember Bill, CVR gets discounts at Villa Motel

Calkidd
Apr 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Remember Bill, CVR gets discounts at Villa MotelThey do? and to think I was paying full price..damn it.

Well, this thread took a *****.....

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Ok, so we know Sergio is going on Monday. Who else is going and on which day?

seDUCtive
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I think Bill is still trying to decide....

kidmoua
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
I think Bill is still trying to decide....

decide weather to take the 996 of 848 :D

Calkidd
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Eventhough I was trying to get the 12th going I might go out for the 9th.

seDUCtive
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
decide weather to take the 996 of 848 :D

Yes, something like that only different... :)

Calkidd
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Ok, I am set for the 9th....

Maybe I can get Matt to come out and ride to show me what I am doing wrong.

ti2ttmatt
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Ok, I am set for the 9th....

Maybe I can get Matt to come out and ride to show me what I am doing wrong.

Would be happy to Bryan. We have lots of friendly staff available as well that are there strictly for input and tow arounds. The morning is very hectic but certainly catch up with my at around the 11 o'clock session or after and we will go out and have some fun!

mrlopez
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Eventhough I was trying to get the 12th going I might go out for the 9th.

Thanks alot :mad:

ZX10Rob
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
How much did you guys spend for the trip?

mrlopez
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Rob thats pocket change for you, hey i saw a bike just like yours same color green zx10r 2008

Calkidd
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
How much did you guys spend for the trip?
I try not to think about that.....
Track day = $135
Fuel two 5 gal @ $20/ea = $40 ($20/ea)
Vehicle fuel = $70 ($23/ea)
Hotel = $17 ea ($54/night)
Dinner (night before) = $20
Lunch at track = $8

About $225 maybe close to $250 after misc stuff is added in.

Some will add in a days work, but I usually take the day off or it is my day off already.

ZX10Rob
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
That's not to bad sounds good maybe I'll be able to take some vacation time.

mrlopez
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
That's not to bad sounds good maybe I'll be able to take some vacation time.

Come Rob lets do it you'll love it i know i did :D

Blakester
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Monday is much better, I will be out there with Let'sRide so you guys should come out and I don't know which config they are running on the 9th but we are running config #25 which uses star mazda and turn 2 off ramp, my favorite CW config.

GSXR888
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
I try not to think about that.....
Track day = $135
Fuel two 5 gal @ $20/ea = $40 ($20/ea)
Vehicle fuel = $70 ($23/ea)
Hotel = $17 ea ($54/night)
Dinner (night before) = $20
Lunch at track = $8

About $225 maybe close to $250 after misc stuff is added in.

Some will add in a days work, but I usually take the day off or it is my day off already.

Seeing Calkid riding Bi+(h on the back of Adrian's Duc sportin a mowhawlk....Priceless :D

CBR888

Calkidd
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Laugh it up, laughing boy...

mrlopez
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Monday is much better, I will be out there with Let'sRide so you guys should come out and I don't know which config they are running on the 9th but we are running config #25 which uses star mazda and turn 2 off ramp, my favorite CW config.

Hey Derrick so i guess ill see you out there, are you running inthe b group? and where you comeing from?

Blakester
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Hey Derrick so i guess ill see you out there, are you running inthe b group? and where you comeing from?

I will probaly ride in both B and C, I Kinda get a free run with Let's Ride. I live in Bakersfield and I will be out there to help set up at about 6:30. I will have my toy hauler so you can pit with my group if you like.;) Also, if you need a place to stay on Sun. night you can crash at my pad. Last month 6 dudes from knee-drag.com crashed at my place for a trackday and this next friday a guy that I meet on the track last year and is now my friend from Pismo beach is staying at my house then we are headed to willow springs on sat.:D It's like I got a motel or something.

up in smoke
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Well I'm going on Monday, I think should be emptier plus I can have one of those control riders follow me all day :D

serg, i will go on monday if we can carpool or i can find some one to split the travel cost with. then it will be cheeper than if i go by myself on friday.

mrlopez
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah Byron lets do it since no one else its going from here on monday:)

ducbill996
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
were goin on friday... its easier for us than monday...

up in smoke
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
just signed up for 5/12 serg:D

Blakester
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
just signed up for 5/12 serg:D

Like I said, if you guys want to come up sun evening and crash here, your more than welcome.

up in smoke
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
cool, il see what sergio would like to do.

Blakester
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
We usually BBQ and have a couple cocktails. Bad thing is that you will have to leave when I do, which is like 6am or alittle after, only like 30min to the track.

up in smoke
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:09 PM

on the website they say they are running config #1:confused:

kidmoua
Apr 24th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Like I said, if you guys want to come up sun evening and crash here, your more than welcome.

we dont like to use the word crash when we're talking about track days:rolleyes:

mrlopez
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:42 AM
All sign up for monday also Byron:)

ducbill996
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:16 AM
on the 9th they are doing config.#25. the same we did on the 18th...

mrlopez
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:23 AM

so wich conf its more fun?

ducbill996
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:36 AM
so wich conf its more fun?

sorry about that! on the 9th we are doing config. 13... that is the same as what we did on the 18th... it's pretty much the same but without the sweeper before the esses... you go a little farther then have a real tight right hander that opens up into a sweeper... it's fun too, you have a better approach to the esses this way...

Calkidd
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I believe the configuration we did on the 18th was #13. Configuration #25 does not have the "Bus Stop" and I don't believe any motorcycle organization does that configuration. The most common configurations are #1, #13 and #26. The difference between #1 and #13 is #1 has Mazda Star and #13 is the Sweeper. #26 is the same with out Lost Hills which then incorporates the Drag Strip (boring:rolleyes:).

I am sure some of you thought I was crazy when I was calling certain turns names, but as you can see they have a name for every turn.

ducbill996
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I believe the configuration we did on the 18th was #13. Configuration #25 does not have the "Bus Stop" and I don't believe any motorcycle organization does that configuration. The most common configurations are #1, #13 and #26. The difference between #1 and #13 is #1 has Mazda Star and #13 is the Sweeper. #26 is the same with out Lost Hills which then incorporates the Drag Strip (boring:rolleyes:).

I am sure some of you thought I was crazy when I was calling certain turns names, but as you can see they have a name for every turn.

i beat you to it!already fixed it it...

Calkidd
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:52 AM
i beat you to it!already fixed it it...
Look at my quote.....Bwwwahhhhhh

mrlopez
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Well I guess it doesn't matter wich conf the run they all should be fun :D

Calkidd
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:54 AM
so wich conf its more fun?configuration #13 CCW is probably the best, but I like all of them.

Calkidd
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:57 AM
just signed up for 5/12 serg:DMan I should have signed up for the 12th....But I really like TI2TT. Bill please tell me you are going on the 9th. I need someone to help me set up the 10X20:p.

I am going the morning of so I can swing by and pick you up if you want. I am going to take the 929 and have Shaun check out the suspension.

Calkidd
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I am going to say this now.

For those of you that will be going on the 9th SIGN UP NOW!!!!

This is the friday before WERA races don't want another T Hill episode.

kidmoua
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:28 AM
For those of you that will be going on the 9th SIGN UP NOW!!!!

a little bit louder please..

Calkidd
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:44 AM
a little bit louder please..

up in smoke
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:54 AM
configuration #13 CCW is probably the best, but I like all of them.

i like that one too.:)

kidmoua
Apr 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM

hoppefully karrdick heard you...dont want him to come back and said that no one said anything

ducbill996
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Bill please tell me you are going on the 9th. I need someone to help me set up the 10X20:p.

trasi and i are going... were prolly gonna take the trailer but i don't know... i'll let you know.

Devlausdan
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
hoppefully karrdick heard you...dont want him to come back and said that no one said anything

We'll see. Depends on status of bike. Plus May is my baby girl's Bday.

Blakester
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Okay, we always call it Config #25 with lost hills, I guess it is Config #1, I hate #13 it is the AFM config and they use the short off ramp turn #2 and the sweeper. Star mazda is much funner and faster and using the big off ramp is faster.. :D

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I'm signed up for May 9. :D

ti2ttmatt
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Okay, we always call it Config #25 with lost hills, I guess it is Config #1, I hate #13 it is the AFM config and they use the short off ramp turn #2 and the sweeper. Star mazda is much funner and faster and using the big off ramp is faster.. :D

I like pretty much all the configs, even backwards with the Drag Strip cuz you can build MAJOR speed and then have to find a brake marker to dip into Riverside. That is a Big Boy section of track for sure.

We are running the way that we are running on the 9th to give the WERA folks practice on the same track that will be raced that weekend.

Wile_E_Coyote
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Dude, he was talkin to you... :D

Blakester
Apr 24th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I like pretty much all the configs, even backwards with the Drag Strip cuz you can build MAJOR speed and then have to find a brake marker to dip into Riverside. That is a Big Boy section of track for sure.

We are running the way that we are running on the 9th to give the WERA folks practice on the same track that will be raced that weekend.

FOr sure, last time I ran it on APr.1st with trackclub we ran it CCW with dragstrip and that was a blast. I like them all and I think I have ridden about every config. that the clubs use. I just like star mazda better than the sweeper cause I like that little straight away entering it.

Calkidd
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:10 PM

We are running the way that we are running on the 9th to give the WERA folks practice on the same track that will be raced that weekend.Oh come on Matt let's run #1 CCW....I love the lost hills CCW.

up in smoke
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:14 PM

what config are we running on the 12th? the website is confusing:confused: it shows #13 but it talks about #1:confused: ccw or cw?

kidmoua
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Dude, he was talkin to you... :D

mind your own...:mad:

Oh come on Matt let's run #1 CCW....I love the lost hills CCW.

let me know if someone is running CCW

Blakester
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:57 AM
what config are we running on the 12th? the website is confusing:confused: it shows #13 but it talks about #1:confused: ccw or cw?

We never run, #13, it will most likely be #1. If you go on any date it shows #13 cause that is the standard course, but we never use it.

ti2ttmatt
Apr 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Oh come on Matt let's run #1 CCW....I love the lost hills CCW.

I agree and if I had to pick one way to run it, it would be CCW, Star Mazda, and
new turn 2. We are running that way on 8/25. Even though most people on the boards say that they like CCW better, it appears that the general consensus of people that actually sign up for these things are in favor still of CW. We try to split it up evenly but will usually run the weekend days CW and the Mondays or Fridays CCW. This one is CW as it is going to be a practice day for a fair amount of WERA folks in the A group.

ducbill996
Apr 28th, 2008, 07:32 PM
i like them both... i prefer cw, it's tougher than ccw with the dragstip. i've never done ccw with lost hills but i bet it would be badass...

ti2ttmatt
Apr 28th, 2008, 08:12 PM
i like them both... i prefer cw, it's tougher than ccw with the dragstip. i've never done ccw with lost hills but i bet it would be badass...

SUPER FUN!!! Best configuration there for sure. The flow from Lost Hills, through Riverside, all the way to the Bus Stop is one beautiful flowing turn. Then the series through Cotton Corners going backwards has such a nicer flow to it it is amazing.

Calkidd
Apr 28th, 2008, 08:12 PM
This one is CW as it is going to be a practice day for a fair amount of WERA folks in the A group.I noticed A group is slowly filling up. I would have though the racers would have had that all bought up by now.

Calkidd
Apr 28th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Oh it is and that is the way we rode it on the 2nd and 3rd. That was the first time I rode CCW with that configuration and I will have to say that has to be one of my favorites.

ducbill996
Apr 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
cotton corners ccw is awesome!!! i loved those turns. i'm gonna have to try lost hills and riverside ccw...

ti2ttmatt
Apr 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I noticed A group is slowly filling up. I would have though the racers would have had that all bought up by now.

Racers and real track junkies always wait till the last minute. It is crazy. We never have our A group fill up early. I don't know why. I won't be surprised in the slightest if we have a lot of walk ups who are getting there for the races.

None2Twisty
Apr 29th, 2008, 09:53 PM

Matt

Hmm, ASV levers.. adjustable for small hands...sounds like the perfect Mothers Day gift. Who has the best prices? Need a set for the wifies 07 GSXR 750

LDH
Apr 29th, 2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.asvinventions.com/levers_order/C5_Sport/

Devlausdan
Apr 29th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Racers and real track junkies always wait till the last minute. It is crazy. We never have our A group fill up early. I don't know why. I won't be surprised in the slightest if we have a lot of walk ups who are getting there for the races.

We broke ass to feed our habits. Gotta wait till the last minute.

Wile_E_Coyote
May 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
So if I have this correctly:

May 9
Bryan
Bill & Trasi
and Me

May 12
Sergio
Byron
and Derik

Anyone else goin?

seDUCtive
May 2nd, 2008, 11:04 AM

May 9
Bryan
Bill & Trasi
and Me

May 12
Sergio
Byron
and Derik

Anyone else goin?

Ohh I have my new and improved camera lens.... Now I am trying to learn what every one will look like...

Calkidd - silver sausage
DucBill996 - oh, I would know him anywhere!
jjh600RR - Yellow and black Bee Bike with the bad tape job on headlights... : )

Anyothers I need to know?

Wile_E_Coyote
May 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
jjh600RR - Yellow and black Bee Bike with the bad tape job on headlights... : )

That's mean... :(

Actually, no, more like LMAO! You'll see, it will be perfect this time! Also, all black suit, grey helmet. You can't miss me! :rolleyes:

Pssst, can someone tell me how to tape my lights?

zzrabbit
May 2nd, 2008, 11:23 AM

May 9
Bryan
Bill & Trasi
and Me

May 12
Sergio
Byron
and Derik

Anyone else goin?

I signed up for the 9th and am really excited, I think I should get an undersuit seeing how i sweat a lot, anyone know where i can get a decent one without spending too much?

Wile_E_Coyote
May 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
I signed up for the 9th and am really excited, I think I should get an undersuit seeing how i sweat a lot, anyone know where i can get a decent one without spending too much?

SWEET! I bought some under-armor for this time around. Think I got it at Sport Challet in Visalia.

ti2ttmatt
May 2nd, 2008, 11:27 AM

Under Armour is the way to go. Get yourself a long sleeve shirt and some good bike shorts for underneath. The undersuits are cool but they are usually made by the companies that make the suits and they are pretty spendy for what they are.

Calkidd
May 2nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
I signed up for the 9th and am really excited, I think I should get an undersuit seeing how i sweat a lot, anyone know where i can get a decent one without spending too much?Sweet!!!!!You got it all worked out to get your bike there? Also if you need any help with getting your bike ready give me a hollar..

As far as under suit Under Armour works great make sure it is HEAT gear though. I wear compression shorts and long sleeve HEAT gear shirt.

zzrabbit
May 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
oh yeah! duh under armor, forgot about that stuff:rolleyes:

Calkidd
May 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
oh yeah! duh under armor, forgot about that stuff:rolleyes:Sports Authority.....You should be able to find the long sleeves there. If not you might be able to order online and get it here by Friday.

zzrabbit
May 2nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Sweet!!!!!You got it all worked out to get your bike there? Also if you need any help with getting your bike ready give me a hollar..

well i got most of the stuff covered, I got all the gear covered, and am sort of familiar with bike prep, i do need to do something with my coolant though, (runs a little hot and the level is a little low) ive never messed around with my coolant so i dont know whats in it and what i should put in it, 50/50 coolant/water, water wetter? i dont know and would appreciate any advice.:)

Calkidd
May 2nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
well i got most of the stuff covered, I got all the gear covered, and am sort of familiar with bike prep, i do need to do something with my coolant though, (runs a little hot and the level is a little low) ive never messed around with my coolant so i dont know whats in it and what i should put in it, 50/50 coolant/water, water wetter? i dont know and would appreciate any advice.:) Buy a bottle of water wetter, not the pre mix, and some distilled water from your local grocery store. Drain your bike according to your manual and refill with the above mentioned items.

Wile_E_Coyote
May 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Buy a bottle of water wetter, not the pre mix, and some distilled water from your local grocery store. Drain your bike according to your manual and refill with the above mentioned items.

I might have to try that to.

Calkidd
May 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
Also, if you want you can take out the thermostat and back flush the antifreeze out, but then you might need a new gasket. Or you can take off the hose on each side of the thermostat and flush each hose inlet.

Devlausdan
May 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Ohh I have my new and improved camera lens.... Now I am trying to learn what every one will look like...

You and Houa are contagious with your camer and lens. Right before the last BW, Houa went out and bought a 300mm lens. He showed it off at BW. And since David saw his and your camera and lens, David just went out and purchased himself a Cannon for $1700.

Calkidd
May 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=seDUCtive;14025]Ohh I have my new and improved camera lens.... Now I am trying to learn what every one will look like...
QUOTE]

You and Houa are contagious with your camer and lens. Right before the last BW, Houa went out and bought a 300mm lens. He showed it off at BW. And since David saw his and your camera and lens, David just went out and purchased himself a Cannon for $1700.
Yes that hobby can be expensive...The lens Adrian was using is my 70-200mm F2.8 lens. That lens cost me $800. At any given moment you can have almost $5000 in equiment in your hands.

Devlausdan
May 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
SWEET! I bought some under-armor for this time around. Think I got it at Sport Challet in Visalia.

What were you wearing last time? By the way, go with long sleeve under-armor. I had the short sleeve on that day, and I couldn't get my suit off because I was sweating.

mrlopez
May 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM

must be nice to have $1700 just for a camera :rolleyes:

Devlausdan
May 2nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
And David still only has the regular lens that came with it. Wait till he goes out and buys a 400mm lens.

Devlausdan
May 2nd, 2008, 03:33 PM
Buy a bottle of water wetter, not the pre mix, and some distilled water from your local grocery store. Drain your bike according to your manual and refill with the above mentioned items.

Unplug the hoses to drain the coolant out of the radiator. Run the motor to heat it up the motor so that the thermostat will open up. Turn on the garden water hose and stick the garden water hose up to the intake hose to force new water into the system to flush out all the anti-freeze inside. Keep doing that until the whole system is flushed clean. Then hook everything back up and fill radiator up with Water wetter. Usually it's 14 capsule of wateer wetter to one gallon of distill water. You're good to go.

Devlausdan
May 2nd, 2008, 03:33 PM

What Jer? Didn't you run with water wetter at BW last time?

Devlausdan
May 2nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
must be nice to have $1700 just for a camera :rolleyes:

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

Here I am with my $200 camera.

Devlausdan
May 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Also, if you want you can take out the thermostat and back flush the antifreeze out, but then you might need a new gasket. Or you can take off the hose on each side of the thermostat and flush each hose inlet.

The following sets below works pretty well too without having to take out your thermostat.

Unplug the hoses to drain the coolant out of the radiator. Run the motor to heat it up the motor so that the thermostat will open up. Turn on the garden water hose and stick the garden water hose up to the intake hose to force new water into the system to flush out all the anti-freeze inside. Keep doing that until the whole system is flushed clean. Then hook everything back up and fill radiator up with Water wetter. Usually it's 14 capsule of wateer wetter to one gallon of distill water. You're good to go.

Calkidd
May 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
The following sets below works pretty well too without having to take out your thermostat.

Unplug the hoses to drain the coolant out of the radiator. Run the motor to heat it up the motor so that the thermostat will open up. Turn on the garden water hose and stick the garden water hose up to the intake hose to force new water into the system to flush out all the anti-freeze inside. Keep doing that until the whole system is flushed clean. Then hook everything back up and fill radiator up with Water wetter. Usually it's 14 capsule of wateer wetter to one gallon of distill water. You're good to go.Flushing a hot engine with cold water?

mrlopez
May 2nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

Here I am with my $200 camera.

Hey i got my $40 camera so dont feel bad lol

Devlausdan
May 2nd, 2008, 05:00 PM
Flushing a hot engine with cold water?

Yeah we did. Was that potentially bad Bryan? But isn't that the same as the radiator housing cool water and the thermostat opens to let cool water run to the motor and hot water back into the radiator to be cool down?

Calkidd
May 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah we did. Was that potentially bad Bryan? But isn't that the same as the radiator housing cool water and the thermostat opens to let cool water run to the motor and hot water back into the radiator to be cool down?
Well, the water in the radiator is not as cold as the water coming out of a garden hose. I just think there is a potential risk for warpage or cracking. Maybe I am being overly cautious.

Wile_E_Coyote
May 2nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
How would you do it Bryan?

up in smoke
May 2nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
you guys are to anal.

mrlopez
May 2nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
you guys are to anal.

LMAO :D

zzrabbit
May 2nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
How would you do it Bryan?

Yeah, W.W.B.D.?

Does it really matter if any antifreeze is still in the system? I dont see how it could harm the bike if a little still remained inside, but im no expert so im going to hold off on this until i can get more info.

ducbill996
May 2nd, 2008, 07:19 PM

when the stat opens, it doesn't flood the engine with cold water... the cooling system mixes cold water with hot water so as to not thermal shock hot engine parts... some systems are complex enough to even shut the flow of hot water to be mixed with cold water as the cold water eventually gets warmer...

up in smoke
May 2nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
ANAL

kidmoua
May 2nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
What were you wearing last time? By the way, go with long sleeve under-armor. I had the short sleeve on that day, and I couldn't get my suit off because I was sweating.

you were having bad time taking off your suit because you were in pain from your get off, not because you didn't have a long sleeve :rolleyes:

And David still only has the regular lens that came with it. Wait till he goes out and buys a 400mm lens.

I told him not to get that standard lense and go straight for the 500 lense..

Calkidd
May 2nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
How would you do it Bryan?What ever your manual says.

Wile_E_Coyote
May 2nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
What ever your manual says.

Houa, what does my manuel say???

Devlausdan
May 3rd, 2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah, W.W.B.D.?

Does it really matter if any antifreeze is still in the system? I dont see how it could harm the bike if a little still remained inside, but im no expert so im going to hold off on this until i can get more info.

no its not going to hurt the system. But if you're going to do it, do it right.

Speaking about anal. Would you just wipe one side of your anal and leave the other side dirty? Never mix tequila and beer. You get my point.

Devlausdan
May 3rd, 2008, 12:56 AM
when the stat opens, it doesn't flood the engine with cold water... the cooling system mixes cold water with hot water so as to not thermal shock hot engine parts... some systems are complex enough to even shut the flow of hot water to be mixed with cold water as the cold water eventually gets warmer...

Thanks. That's good reassurance that I didn't potentially cause any damage.

Devlausdan
May 3rd, 2008, 01:12 AM
Houa, what does my manuel say???

Jer, the manual says to take it in and let the shop charge you $600 for the service. But really, again you're asking the same question so this leads me to assume that you haven't change your coolant to water wetter and you were running on antifreeze at buttonwillow. You will have to switch out the antifreeze to water wetter for thunderhill. TH will not let you run with antifreeze to prevent leaving slippery fuild on the track in case bike crashs.

Houa, David, and I did ours the way I describe it as above. Let me know if you need help. I'm off this Sunday and would gladly help you. I still gallons of distill water in my garage specifically for that purpose. Plus I aready have some water wetter left too.

kidmoua
May 3rd, 2008, 01:40 AM
I drained the coolant..refilled with water..ran til it gots hot..drain it again..refill with water..ran it til it got hot..drain it and stuck the hose in the radiator..wait til I see clear water come out..pull out hose and wait til water stops coming out...pour half bottle of ww then refill with purified drinking water..ran it til hot and t-stat opens..then top it off... whalla

ducbill996
May 3rd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks. That's good reassurance that I didn't potentially cause any damage.

i wasn't saying you couldn't cause damage... if the stat is open, which it still could be even with no water in it, and the only water in the engine is cold water from the hose, then there is no hot water to mix with the cold...

Calkidd
May 3rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
I am going to add the WW to the water first shake it up and then put in the bike. Why am I telling you guys this, ***** I don't know just thought it was a better idea than putting in the water then spilling WW all over the place and wasting it.

Wile_E_Coyote
May 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Jer, the manual says to take it in and let the shop charge you $600 for the service. But really, again you're asking the same question so this leads me to assume that you haven't change your coolant to water wetter and you were running on antifreeze at buttonwillow. You will have to switch out the antifreeze to water wetter for thunderhill. TH will not let you run with antifreeze to prevent leaving slippery fuild on the track in case bike crashs.

No, I didn't run watter wetter at BW since it wasn't required. The bike didn't run overly hot anyways. I'm not exactly mechanically inclined, so I don't attempt a lot of this stuff. And I don't have my manuel, so I can't check that. I'll see what I can do.

I am going to add the WW to the water first shake it up and then put in the bike. Why am I telling you guys this, I don't know just thought it was a better idea than putting in the water then spilling WW all over the place and wasting it.

Gee, you're just smart.

Devlausdan
May 3rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
It's easy jeremy. Longs as you know how to take the flairings off your bike. Just bring the bike over and me and the guys will do it for you. No sweat for me. I'll be honor to do it for a friend.

kidmoua
May 3rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Dan will work on your bike for tips on how to stay on the track

Devlausdan
May 3rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
Dan will work on your bike for tips on how to stay on the track

Dammit Houa!! You let the cat out of the bag. :D

kidmoua
May 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Dammit Houa!! You let the cat out of the bag. :D

it's only the truth..

why are you in here, shouldn't you be out in the garage trying to put your bike back together..? I got hookups are Macco if you need your plastics painted

Devlausdan
May 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
why are you in here, shouldn't you be out in the garage trying to put your bike back together..?

It's saturday. I'm at work. Not home.

Wait... I'm at work. What am I doing online?

kidmoua
May 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
It's saturday. I'm at work. Not home.

Wait... I'm at work. What am I doing online?

post whoring..and trying to catch up to me and Bryan??

up in smoke
May 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
what you say is what you are.:)

mrlopez
May 3rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
post whoring..and trying to catch up to me and Bryan??

Hes learning from the best :rolleyes:

Devlausdan
May 4th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Hes learning from the best :rolleyes:

"WERD" <--- did I get that one right?

Calkidd
May 4th, 2008, 09:03 AM
You guys are too much...Just a few days away woohoo.

Wile_E_Coyote
May 4th, 2008, 04:13 PM
You guys are too much...Just a few days away woohoo.

I'm looking forward to this one even more. Wish I would have signed up for B though. Hopefully they let me move up at some point.

Calkidd
May 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I'm looking forward to this one even more. Wish I would have signed up for B though. Hopefully they let me move up at some point.
I believe CVR holds a special place with TI2TT and I am sure there will be no problems if you decide you want to move up. That way I can video you for FREE!!!

Wile_E_Coyote
May 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
That way I can video you for FREE!!!

LOL! Let's not start that discussion again. Besides, I'd be afraid to see what I'd look like on video. It's probably bad!

Tell you what. You can video me everytime you lap me. That way you don't have to slow down. :D

kidmoua
May 4th, 2008, 08:59 PM
it's always good to have someone video you, that way you can critique yourself afterwards and hopefully learn from it

up in smoke
May 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
LOL! Let's not start that discussion again. Besides, I'd be afraid to see what I'd look like on video. It's probably bad!

Tell you what. You can video me everytime you lap me. That way you don't have to slow down. :D

bad is good. it makes you think of how to do it better. i look like crap on my video . now i know what to fix. thanks for taping me Bryan:)

Calkidd
May 4th, 2008, 09:11 PM
bad is good. it makes you think of how to do it better. i look like crap on my video . now i know what to fix. thanks for taping me Bryan:)
No problem I actually enjoy following you out there...

kidmoua
May 5th, 2008, 12:37 AM
No problem I actually enjoy following you out there...

only if you weren't too fast, i would of followed you too..:(

Wile_E_Coyote
May 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I signed up for the 9th and am really excited

I was looking forward to riding with Kyle this coming Friday at Buttonwillow. I knew he was going to have a blast and I wanted to see that grin on his face after his first session. He'll be in my thoughts for sure. :(

seDUCtive
May 5th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I was looking forward to riding with Kyle this coming Friday at Buttonwillow. I knew he was going to have a blast and I wanted to see that grin on his face after his first session. He'll be in my thoughts for sure. :(

:( + 1

Calkidd
May 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
It is going to be hard to ride without having some type of memory especially for those who were there.

This track day will be dedicated to Kyle...God Speed....

Blakester
May 5th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I drained the coolant..refilled with water..ran til it gots hot..drain it again..refill with water..ran it til it got hot..drain it and stuck the hose in the radiator..wait til I see clear water come out..pull out hose and wait til water stops coming out...pour half bottle of ww then refill with purified drinking water..ran it til hot and t-stat opens..then top it off... whalla

I hope you used distilled water right? Purified drinking water still has all the minerals, including calcium, in it that you don't want in your radiator. Also, I would never flush my radiator using tap water, again calcium and other minerals that can collect in your radiator. Just buy a couple gallons of distilled water from the grocery store and flush it with that.

kidmoua
May 5th, 2008, 11:51 AM
it's sucks and it's sad when something this tragic happends before an even like this

up in smoke
May 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM
have a good ride Friday guys. be smart:)

Devlausdan
May 8th, 2008, 07:08 PM

It is going to be hard to ride without having some type of memory especially for those who were there.

This track day will be dedicated to Kyle...God Speed....

I didn't realize that he had signed up for BW. Be safe guys.

Calkidd
May 9th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Well we all made is back safely and it was a great track day.....Hopefully there will be pics up soon taken by Trasi.

seDUCtive
May 9th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Okay I am working on the photos right now. I took over 800 pictures of you three!

kidmoua
May 10th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Can someone tell me whats wrong with Jeremy's body positioning:p

Wile_E_Coyote
May 10th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Can someone tell me whats wrong with Jeremy's body positioning:p

How did you know that was the talking point all day? :)

I had a good day overall. Ran C the first session. Probably rode too hard though and bent my rear break lever in the sweeper. Carrying way too much lean angle. (there's an infamous picture out there somewhere :eek: ) That should have told me something, but it didn't. Second session, I ran B. Had a small lowside about mid-way through in the off-ramp. Minor cosmetic damage including some rash on the right side lower, the slip on, rear break lever, and the slider of course.

Basically, a bit too fast, a bit offline, and not getting the bike upright enough. So the rest of the day I worked on squaring my shoulders up and not getting so crossed up. Trying to keep the bike more upright. It took a while, but I learned some stuff. Everyone was cool and gave me lots of pointers. Thanks to Matt (TI2TTmatt) for his advise.

Still had a fun day though, even if I was pretty hard on myself. Thanks to Bryan, Trasi and Bill. Had a great time with you guys. And thanks Bryan and Bill for the tips and for not letting me kick my a$$ too hard. Let's do it again soon!

P.S. Adrian, I will be in touch.

kidmoua
May 10th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I know you too well Jeremy..:rolleyes:

..but sorry to hear about your little mishap. I'm glad the other guys were there to help out. Now go find those other pictures and post them up.

Devlausdan
May 10th, 2008, 11:42 AM

I had a good day overall. Ran C the first session. Probably rode too hard though and bent my rear break lever in the sweeper. Carrying way too much lean angle. (there's an infamous picture out there somewhere :eek: ) That should have told me something, but it didn't. Second session, I ran B. Had a small lowside about mid-way through in the off-ramp. Minor cosmetic damage including some rash on the right side lower, the slip on, rear break lever, and the slider of course.

Where's the pics of the bike?

ducbill996
May 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM
all i have to say about the trackday is... it was freakin awesome!!! that was my best trackday of all time... had some great people(trasi, jeremy, bryan, and julie) to hang out with, and had prolly my best time out on the track... trasi is working on the pics, so when she is done, she'll post up the link...

ti2ttmatt
May 10th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Hope you guys had a good time... Jeremy... Don't beat yourself up about the minor mishap... I hate to say it but it happens to everyone. I don't know one track rider, or many street riders for that matter, that haven't had to pick themselves up off the pavement. At least it was in a controlled, reasonably safe environment. You made the best of the day, had fun, learned a little, and hung out with friends. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Bryan... Nice work out there! Going pretty good and I would say A group from now on. When those Corsa III's have run there course, we will have to get you on some race rubber and instill a little more confidence even yet. I run the SC3 compounds so I at least get a little more life out of them. On a 600, and running your pace, expect to get 4-5 track days out of a set. Any luck with the firing problem?

Looking forward to seeing/riding with you guys again. Willow Springs anyone!?

ti2ttmatt
May 10th, 2008, 06:36 PM
all i have to say about the trackday is... it was freakin awesome!!! that was my best trackday of all time... had some great people(trasi, jeremy, bryan, and julie) to hang out with, and had prolly my best time out on the track... trasi is working on the pics, so when she is done, she'll post up the link...

I am assuming that you were the 3rd person under the canopy with those guys then? Sorry I didn't properly introduce. Won't let it happen again. I did meet Trasi though. Looking forward to the pics.

ducbill996
May 10th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I am assuming that you were the 3rd person under the canopy with those guys then? Sorry I didn't properly introduce. Won't let it happen again. I did meet Trasi though. Looking forward to the pics.

yeah that was me... trasi is making fun of me right now cause you met her...

oh btw... i was in 2nd not 3rd...:D

Blakester
May 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Pictures will be up on www.vanhap.com to check yourselves out. Glad you had a good TD, will be out there monday myself.:D

Devlausdan
May 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Head's up Jeremy. We'll all hit it again next time around. :)

GSXR888
May 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Basically, a bit too fast, a bit offline, and not getting the bike upright enough. So the rest of the day I worked on squaring my shoulders up and not getting so crossed up. Trying to keep the bike more upright. It took a while, but I learned some stuff. Everyone was cool and gave me lots of pointers. Thanks to Matt (TI2TTmatt) for his advise.

Still had a fun day though, even if I was pretty hard on myself. Thanks to Bryan, Trasi and Bill. Had a great time with you guys. And thanks Bryan and Bill for the tips and for not letting me kick my a$$ too hard. Let's do it again soon!

P.S. Adrian, I will be in touch.

Bummer dude....:confused:

CBR888

ti2ttmatt
May 10th, 2008, 10:10 PM
yeah that was me... trasi is making fun of me right now cause you met her...

oh btw... i was in 2nd not 3rd...:D

Sorry, that's right we were at the "race" track... Ok, the other person under the canopy...:D See you next time for sure.

Wile_E_Coyote
May 10th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Now go find those other pictures and post them up.

Where's the pics of the bike?

You guys are true friends... :rolleyes:

Wile_E_Coyote
May 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM
And a few more.

Second one is right before I crashed. Really crossed up. Fourth one is more like what I was trying for position wise. Bryan has a better one though.

LDH
May 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I would say you got away pretty lucky.

Wile_E_Coyote
May 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Four more.

That's Bryan getting ready to hit me after I low sided...

GSXR888
May 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I would say you got away pretty lucky.

+1..... It's not bad at all Jeremy, frame sliders FTW!!. Nice pics though, looks like your dragging a knee :D

CBR888

ducbill996
May 10th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Pictures will be up on www.vanhap.com to check yourselves out. Glad you had a good TD, will be out there monday myself.:D

were you there friday derik?

Wile_E_Coyote
May 10th, 2008, 10:35 PM

Werd! We totally forgot to get a margarita pic though...

Oh yeah, and Julie wants me to get a 996 track bike. :D

GSXR888
May 10th, 2008, 10:39 PM

How about getting a 999 and turning the Gixer into a track bike? :rolleyes:

CBR888

ducbill996
May 10th, 2008, 10:40 PM

you can't go wrong with a 996 for a track bike...

just got to get a little weight off of 'em to get 'em to turn easier...:rolleyes:

Wile_E_Coyote
May 10th, 2008, 10:41 PM

150 plus rear wheel horsepower? :rolleyes:

ducbill996
May 10th, 2008, 10:42 PM

CBR888

actually yeah... you would be better off with a 999... look for one that has already went down and has cosmetic damage...they are way easier to turn, and have more motor than a 996...

ducbill996
May 10th, 2008, 10:44 PM
use the 999 for a track bike. leave the gixxer on the street...

GSXR888
May 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM
use the 999 for a track bike. leave the gixxer on the street...

But..But..it's a 999! :( hehehe

CBR888

Devlausdan
May 10th, 2008, 11:01 PM
You guys are true friends... :rolleyes:

And a few more.

Second one is right before I crashed. Really crossed up. Fourth one is more like what I was trying for position wise. Bryan has a better one though.

Ooohhhh, my lord (that's from Troy)

Them pictures got me all wet. Sliding like a MotoGP god. :D

Devlausdan
May 10th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Four more.

That's Bryan getting ready to hit me after I low sided...

That looks like Bryan flexing his Bisceps pose...

Devlausdan
May 10th, 2008, 11:04 PM
+1..... It's not bad at all Jeremy, frame sliders FTW!!. Nice pics though, looks like your dragging a knee :D

CBR888

How come my sliders didn't do that?

kidmoua
May 10th, 2008, 11:24 PM
eh, it dont look that bad..good thing you have frame sliders

kidmoua
May 10th, 2008, 11:25 PM
How come my sliders didn't do that?

because you high side :p

Calkidd
May 11th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Bryan... Nice work out there! Going pretty good and I would say A group from now on. When those Corsa III's have run there course, we will have to get you on some race rubber and instill a little more confidence even yet. I run the SC3 compounds so I at least get a little more life out of them. On a 600, and running your pace, expect to get 4-5 track days out of a set. Any luck with the firing problem?

Looking forward to seeing/riding with you guys again. Willow Springs anyone!?Thanks for the good time Matt enjoyed riding out there with you. As far as the problems still working on it. Going to change the spark plugs and see what that does.

Devlausdan
May 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the good time Matt enjoyed riding out there with you. As far as the problems still working on it. Going to change the spark plugs and see what that does.

Bryan, you're such a stud. You Track God.

GSXR888
May 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM
because you high side :p

DOH! :eek:

CBR888

Calkidd
May 11th, 2008, 04:32 PM
So....Is tomorrow still on for you guys?

up in smoke
May 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM
So....Is tomorrow still on for you guys?

I'm there dude!

up in smoke
May 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM
any one,any one,any one that would like to go with me. let me know. if you just want to go watch, bring a lunch and its free.:)

Devlausdan
May 11th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Man.. I wish I could go with you guys but weekdays are work days. Going to have to catch the next one with you guys.

Blakester
May 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM
any one,any one,any one that would like to go with me. let me know. if you just want to go watch, bring a lunch and its free.:)

I will be pitted against the front pit wall in my toy hauler, look for my #7 black gixxer and come by and say hi.:D

yoageallen
May 11th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Jeremy I have that Pearl yellow already. You are welcome to it. I could even fix it if you like. Thank goodness for sliders though! 970-7087

Devlausdan
May 11th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Jeremy I have that Pearl yellow already. You are welcome to it. I could even fix it if you like. Thank goodness for sliders though! 970-7087

Hey Adrian. What if I just have you paint my flairings all glossy black. Say three coats of black with maybe 3 coats of clear. Or what ever you recommend as best. Is that something that you would do and approximately how much cost? I'm not ready yet because I'm still trying to find the left fairing. Thanks.

up in smoke
May 12th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I'm back! bike and myself are ok. getting faster, its starting to get scary. got some video. ill try to figure out how to put it up. :)

Calkidd
May 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'm back! bike and myself are ok. getting faster, its starting to get scary. got some video. ill try to figure out how to put it up. :)
The best way is to upload the file to Youtube and then post the link.

Calkidd
May 12th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Adrian. What if I just have you paint my flairings all glossy black. Say three coats of black with maybe 3 coats of clear. Or what ever you recommend as best. Is that something that you would do and approximately how much cost? I'm not ready yet because I'm still trying to find the left fairing. Thanks.
There is a paint call Imron Industrial 2.8. It is a single stage paint and very durable. Because it is a single stage it is very easy to repair and repaint with out having to recoat and reclear the entire body panel.

Blakester
May 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM

You should have came by and said Hi..;)

yoageallen
May 12th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I can do it when you are ready. I can single stage it like Bryan says or Base coat clear coat if you like too. Either way. Easy as pie.;)

up in smoke
May 12th, 2008, 09:32 PM
You should have came by and said Hi..;)

i know, but i though it would be a good chance to figure out how to ride my motor cycle with out any distractions. i stuck to my self and focused on my riding. i have found thats the best way for me to learn. i don't worry about who's faster cause i don't know any one. it seemed to work to day .i believe i progressed quit a bit.:)

Devlausdan
May 12th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I can do it when you are ready. I can single stage it like Bryan says or Base coat clear coat if you like too. Either way. Easy as pie.;)

Thanks a mill.

aaw749r
May 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Glad you guys returned intact.
That learing curve is fun isn't it? Especially on the good days.

Calkidd
May 13th, 2008, 06:41 AM
i know, but i though it would be a good chance to figure out how to ride my motor cycle with out any distractions. i stuck to my self and focused on my riding. i have found thats the best way for me to learn. i don't worry about who's faster cause i don't know any one. it seemed to work to day .i believe i progressed quit a bit.:)So does this mean you don't want to be my friend any more?:p

kidmoua
May 13th, 2008, 07:36 AM
So does this mean you don't want to be my friend any more?:p

no one wants to be your friend anymore..you're too fast

seDUCtive
May 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I will put up photos from the 9th tonight... Sorry been busy, and I took toooo many photos!

Calkidd
May 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
no one wants to be your friend anymore..you're too fastI am going to continue to sign up in B so I can still ride with y'alls. Maybe, I can get dual citizenship when we ride with TI2TT.....:D

Wile_E_Coyote
May 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I will put up photos from the 9th tonight... Sorry been busy, and I took toooo many photos!

Excuses! :D

Wile_E_Coyote
May 13th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I am going to continue to sign up in B so I can still ride with y'alls.

Or so you can humiliate us... ;)

kidmoua
May 13th, 2008, 01:18 PM

I'll have to agree with you on this one

kidmoua
May 13th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I am going to continue to sign up in B so I can still ride with y'alls. Maybe, I can get dual citizenship when we ride with TI2TT.....:D

speaking of dual citizenship, me and Dan are in on the June 14th td at t/h..whoopi...:D

up in smoke
May 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
i think iv got it figured out:D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JovzE1C1tEA

Calkidd
May 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM

I'll have to agree with you on this one
You guys are just plain wrong....

Blakester
May 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM
i think iv got it figured out:D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JovzE1C1tEA

What group did you run in?:confused: ANd what time, if you can remember was that session?

up in smoke
May 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
What group did you run in?:confused: ANd what time, if you can remember was that session?

ran b i ran every lap of my class. except the last 2 laps of the day ran out of gas.