PDA

View Full Version : 06 636 idle problems any suggestions

SNAX1RS
Feb 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
My 06 636, suddenly started to cut out as I let go of the throttle and dies, whether at a stop or moving. Temperature sky rockets unless ridden. The bike was dropped at a stop, this is when i noticed the problem, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

BlooDSMeaR
Feb 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Look for a vacuum leak

mrlopez
Feb 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
I think Adrian(yoagallen) had a similar problem end up being the fuel filter that it's inside the tank

yoageallen
Feb 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Look for a vacuum leak
maybe the caps for the throttle bodies have come off or loose. They cover little vacuum ports. I definitely sounds like a vacuum leak.

PRTSMN
Feb 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM
My 06 636, suddenly started to cut out as I let go of the throttle and dies, whether at a stop or moving. Temperature sky rockets unless ridden. The bike was dropped at a stop, this is when i noticed the problem, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

????? Get rid of the cbr?

Agustin
Feb 3rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Have you made sure your radiator fan is spinning, too?

One my neighbors had his bike cut out when he let out the throttle, too. Also a 636. I believe it had something to do with the throttle itself. He figured it out by trying to roll the throttle the wrong way while at idle, which caused the bike to dip below idle and die.

Or it could be a vaccum leak lol. I had a 636, too, but I'm no mechanical expert.

BlooDSMeaR
Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
maybe the caps for the throttle bodies have come off or loose. They cover little vacuum ports. I definitely sounds like a vacuum leak.
Thanx buddy :D

:weirdface:He did state 636 right? :confused2:

SNAX1RS
Feb 4th, 2010, 09:51 AM

No I still have the CBR. I love that bike and I could never get rid of it. My buddy used my log in name. He was suppose to explain the situation.

SNAX1RS
Feb 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Have you made sure your radiator fan is spinning, too?

One my neighbors had his bike cut out when he let out the throttle, too. Also a 636. I believe it had something to do with the throttle itself. He figured it out by trying to roll the throttle the wrong way while at idle, which caused the bike to dip below idle and die.

Or it could be a vaccum leak lol. I had a 636, too, but I'm no mechanical expert.

Yeah I have checked it out and the fan still comes on and spins. I am going to look at and try replacing the fuel filter and check for a vacuum leak.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I told my friend that if you need anything the people on CVR are always willing to lend help whether it be advice or help.

Agustin
Feb 4th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Yeah I have checked it out and the fan still comes on and spins. I am going to look at and try replacing the fuel filter and check for a vacuum leak.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I told my friend that if you need anything the people on CVR are always willing to lend help whether it be advice or help.

Let us know what you figure out. I'd like to know.

SNAX1RS
Feb 4th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Let us know what you figure out. I'd like to know.

Iím going to look at it this weekend and I will definitely update everybody.

yoageallen
Feb 4th, 2010, 09:41 PM
It wont hurt to do the filter. But that would cause it to die out at higher rpm. It would not over heat either. A lean fuel condition would be the most likely. Maybe the Mass air flow sensor may be going bad, but that would likely show an injection code. The fuel filter is in the fuel pump and it will need to be disassembled to access it. Not a hard job, but takes a few to figure out how to disassemble it.