PDA

View Full Version : my willow springs crash vid

SyKoTiK
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:02 PM
well here is two vids of me crashing there were two guys behind me that cought me on camera from what it looks like i hit a dirt patch they used to clean up the oil from a earlier crash but i dont know what u guys think?

11627 11628

here is the real close up vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3WZC8z568g

end of this vid is when i crash like the last 30sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5184fuM_dU4

JonJon
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Looks like you picked up some of whatever oil was laying under that kitty litter. At least your suit held up well!

Sprocket
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Im no lawyer, but you clearly hit sand in the road. I'd think they should be responsible for that

PRTSMN
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Well bike looks like it handled it pretty well

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM
looks like you road off your tires to me.

SyKoTiK
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Well bike looks like it handled it pretty well

just come see the bike in person ull see every scratch all over the bike lol but its all cosmetic

Stuntrdr943
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM
looks like you road off your tires to me.

:word:
From going slow motion, you pass threw it almost looks as if you got scared or something (mental) and then you went down. but if the dirt did it to you then your tire would have tucked right on the spot.

:zz2cents:

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I cant view the video from work but did you not see the patch of dirt or was it just to late?

SyKoTiK
Nov 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
:word:
From going slow motion, you pass threw it almost looks as if you got scared or something (mental) and then you went down. but if the dirt did it to you then your tire would have tucked right on the spot.

:zz2cents:

i didnt even notice the patch there till i watched the vid.

Agustin
Nov 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Looks like the patch of dirt to me. You can see it come off your tires immediately afterwards.

aaw749r
Nov 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
The dirt or whatever didn't help you any, that is for sure. But, on the flip side, if it was the 3rd lap you should have known that it was there.

Just glad you are OK, now your leathers are broke in right.

mar4gsxr
Nov 30th, 2009, 05:21 PM
i didnt even notice the patch there till i watched the vid.

at least your alright..right? how'd you go down and hit that spot and none of the other guys..looks like the two before you hit the same line as you?

Zamora
Nov 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Damn, sorry to hear bout that wreck man. Luckily your bike can be easily fixed since it's mostly cosmetic. How much do you think it'll cost to get your bike up and running again?

mrlopez
Nov 30th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Well atleast you were able to walk away from it

chugs
Nov 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Doesn't look to bad.:D

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 30th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I dk, It does look like you ran out of tire, normal low side but then again, that dirt is fawked up too

hippylong
Nov 30th, 2009, 06:10 PM
glad your ok..

GSXR888
Nov 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Ouch Ramzey! Glad to hear you made it out okay though, how did your suit hold up? I may have the mid fairing piece you need let me check to see if the tabs are still intact. The funny thing is, they came off your bike when you wrecked it the first time:rolleyes:, I guess the parts may find their way home after all..;)

sergioeortega
Nov 30th, 2009, 07:16 PM
for me your rear weel lost traction in the sand and got down.the good think is you are ok

mrlopez
Nov 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Did the bike highsided because boths side are damage?:confused2:

JonJon
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:04 PM
We gave Ramzy some crap about it afterwards, but he was a good sport.

Doug, did you see that cow grazing in the pasture?
:pound:

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:17 PM
i don't think its dirt. i think its residue from the dry sweep they use to absorb the liquid from a previous crash.

DeVil
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:59 PM
The dirt or the oil from previous crash for sure...looks to me Ramzy front tire slit first from hitting the dirt...glad you ok Ramzy.

JonJon
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM
i don't think its dirt. i think its residue from the dry sweep they use to absorb the liquid from a previous crash.

:word: It's not dirt, it's some absorbant for the oil that was laid down on the wreck earlier.

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
bet it was coolant

JonJon
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:19 PM
bet it was coolant

You're probably right.

crotchrocket_operator
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:39 PM
wtf!! i thought the reason people to go to the track was so that they could go fast without worrying about sand or any type of object being on the track. i would be pissed if that was sand or even leftover residue...they should have cleaned up better.

r6squid
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:43 PM
that was on the track all day i do not think it was the cause

JonJon
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:43 PM
wtf!! i thought the reason people to go to the track was so that they could go fast without worrying about sand or any type of object being on the track. i would be pissed if that was sand or even leftover residue...they should have cleaned up better.

What I don't think you guys are understanding is that it was not sand, nor any type of dirt. It is like kitty litter, than you spray over the oil/coolant and let it soak for a couple mins. They then sweep it off the track. What you see on the top is the powder residue left in the asphalt, underneath the surface.

chromefonica
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:53 PM
What I don't think you guys are understanding is that it was not sand, nor any type of dirt. It is like kitty litter, than you spray over the oil/coolant and let it soak for a couple mins. They then sweep it off the track. What you see on the top is the powder residue left in the asphalt, underneath the surface.

:word: it isn't sand, but regardless it shouldn't be on the track.

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:58 PM
:word: it isn't sand, but regardless it shouldn't be on the track.

the only way to get it off the track is to brake it up by riding on it or washing it off with a water hose. id ride:thumbsup:

JonJon
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:00 PM
the only way to get it off the track is to brake it up by riding on it or washing it off with a water hose. id ride:thumbsup:

:word: It doesn't come up folks unless you drive over it, or wash it off.

r6squid
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I was watching the A class vids my brother took and those riders were hitting the same line all day

DeVil
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:05 PM
hahaha...that mean Ramzy hit too much front brake...j/k.

Stuntrdr943
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM
hahaha...that mean Ramzy hit too much front brake...j/k.

or he got scarred when he went through the patch and thought he wasn't going to make the corner and then laid it down.

DeVil
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM
:eek::laugh:

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM
post #5

r6squid
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:13 PM
At least he was not drinking and on his bike

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:15 PM

:confused:

DeVil
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:18 PM
:confused2: me too....

Mr Glow
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM
never been to the track but damn it looks bumpy as hell!!! you think that as much as it gets used the would reasphalt the damn thing.

Stuntrdr943
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM

1.) Be polite and respectful. We will not tolerate rudeness or hostility toward other members or administration. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. No trolling, member bashing, overt or implied hostility toward other members will be allowed.

Follow the rules. And dont talk about **** you know nothing about.

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:22 PM
:popcorn:

r6squid
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:24 PM
lol who said I was talking about you got GUILT

JonJon
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:25 PM
:confused2::myhijackedX:

Stuntrdr943
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:27 PM
lol who said I was talking about you got GUILT

:myhijackedX::gay::myhijackedX::gay::myhijackedX:
Because you just got done posting outrageous comments on facebook about it so shut the fu** up. You act like your 12 bringing unrelated drama onto a respectable thread that ramzy posted. bringing up DRAMA, go tell people what to do somewhere else.

Get a life..

speedjunkie
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Ramzy:
I told u exactly what caused the lowside. cold tires. 3 laps at a moderate pace on a cold day with used race tires is not enough heat in a corner like 3. the bike is put at a very high lean angle due to the camber of the corner where you went down. and from seeing the video all it did was confirm that. the left edges of the tires did not have enough temp in them to hold the lean angle you were at. (which was a large lean angle). you simply just ran out of room on the side of the tire along with traction. ive seen a million people crash in turn 3. kinda know the common things that happen there.

The rest of you all:

1) the fluid that was on track was OIL not coolant, reason being:
a)YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RUN ANTI FREEZE ON A RACE TRACK
b) when you low side there on a stock case cover its getting ground through and oil is coming out.

2)the stuff they use to clean up oil spills is a very absorbant powder, not sand like jon already mentioned

3)its not slippery. i know this. done many fast laps through a lot of it. also like jon said, the stuff is swept off and the only remaining visible stuff is just the residue, theres no oil left there.

4)yes you do ride a race track because you dont have to worry about a lot of the normal things you would on a public road. but helllo, theres always variables, a rider can kick dirt up onto the track, this aint nascar and theres not going to be a caution and 4 hour cleanup for a pebble on the track. use your eyes some.

5)if you think its the track orginizations fault you have issues

/end rant

r6squid
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:32 PM

Because you just got done posting outrageous comments on facebook about it so shut the fu** up. You act like your 12 bringing unrelated drama onto a respectable thread that ramzy posted. bringing up DRAMA, go tell people what to do somewhere else.

Get a life..

:confused2:

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Ramzy:
I told u exactly what caused the lowside. cold tires. 3 laps at a moderate pace on a cold day with used race tires is not enough heat in a corner like 3. the bike is put at a very high lean angle due to the camber of the corner where you went down. and from seeing the video all it did was confirm that. the left edges of the tires did not have enough temp in them to hold the lean angle you were at. (which was a large lean angle). you simply just ran out of room on the side of the tire along with traction. ive seen a million people crash in turn 3. kinda know the common things that happen there.

The rest of you all:

b) when you low side there on a stock case cover its getting ground through and oil is coming out.

2)the stuff they use to clean up oil spills is a very absorbant powder, not sand like jon already mentioned

3)its not slippery. i know this. done many fast laps through a lot of it. also like jon said, the stuff is swept off and the only remaining visible stuff is just the residue, theres no oil left there.

4)yes you do ride a race track because you dont have to worry about a lot of the normal things you would on a public road. but helllo, theres always variables, a rider can kick dirt up onto the track, this aint nascar and theres not going to be a caution and 4 hour cleanup for a pebble on the track. use your eyes some.

/end rant

you are wrong on #1 a

Stuntrdr943
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Ramzy:

The rest of you all:

/end rant

:word: Very quick to blame "sand" as the culprit.on trackdays they dont check to make sure its water do they? cause only race day when you tech the bike they check to make sure its water or its equivalent.

speedjunkie
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:44 PM
they track days i have been to they usually check for antifreeze. Especially in C and B group. A group you kinda know what your doing. and if your going to a track with anitfreeze you should be banned from going.

if you dont know thats almost an excuse, but its still not one, if you know better and still run antifreeze and something happens then you should be paying for everybody else there to have another day cuz you just ruined their day and pay for all the wrecked bikes that will end up going down in that corner.

also, like i said. in that corner it will be a case cover that gets busted open. not a radiator or resivoir

MistressOfMayhem
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM
:popcorn: :confused2:

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Stuntrdr943
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM
they track days i have been to they usually check for antifreeze. Especially in C and B group. A group you kinda know what your doing. and if your going to a track with anitfreeze you should be banned from going.

if you dont know thats almost an excuse, but its still not one, if you know better and still run antifreeze and something happens then you should be paying for everybody else there to have another day cuz you just ruined their day and pay for all the wrecked bikes that will end up going down in that corner.

also, like i said. in that corner it will be a case cover that gets busted open. not a radiator or resivoir

I agree, but from personal experience i have never been checked for proper fluid in my bike before practice.

wildbear
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Ramzy my friend. I'm glad you are ok. The bike can be fixed. But our bodies are very slow to heal. Thank goodness for helmets and leather. It sounds like quite a controversy as to just what happened on the track. Maybe we'll never know for sure. But again, I'm just glad you are up and about.

up in smoke
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I agree, but from personal experience i have never been checked for proper fluid in my bike before practice.

that's because its not required at most track days.

Calkidd
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Ok, whether or not it was coolant or water that is not the discussion of this topic.

Ramzey, I viewed the video and I can see where everyone believes it was the sweep that caused your accident. I will have to admit it does seem coincidental that the residue is kicked up at the same time you lost the front end. But just like Brian has said if you are riding too hard on your 3rd lap it could be attributed to cold tires. On days like this one when it is cold you really have to either run tire warmers or take your time for the first few laps.

speedjunkie
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:56 PM
a lot of it is on your honor. but if your risking it then your the kinda person that will ruin an expensive day for 100+ other people and not really buying into what ridding is about: the communitee of fellow riders.

but for those of u that think you know and dont please dont misslead others. its a big pet peeve of mine and a lot of other people when people get wrong information about track ridding. if you have never been or you dont know then keep your brain/finger filter intact.

Stuntrdr943
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Just glad he is ok, and not hurt. Any pics of the suit ramzy? looks like you tumbled a bit..

speedjunkie
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:00 PM
that's because its not required at most track days.

have you even ridden at a track day?

Calkidd
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:02 PM
have you even ridden at a track day?
Yes he has many times. But he's right Brian, there are many track day orgs that either do not check or simply ask what you are running.

r6squid
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Look under Suggestion (http://trackdaz.com/ti/trackdaz/showcontent.html?content=bikeprep&id=8HRixxf6)

speedjunkie
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:09 PM
i know they dont make it mandator now. started thinking about that, cuz i was sitting at tech this weekend just checking out the bikes and didnt think about it at the time but now that the topic came up i realized they didnt even ask. sure wish they did. but my point being that corner doesnt result in damage that would cause anything other then oil 99% of the time.

and it shouldnt be up to the org to catch everything little thing the person is to lazy to do for his/her safety and the safety and enjoyment of everybody else there.

this stuff is expensive and dangerous. im having the pleasure of rebuilding my bike and my body thanks to somebody else that cant hold a line, so yes it peeves me when things are not done correctly becuase i cant afford to rebuild because somebody else was lazy.

SF Boyz
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:10 PM

:popcorn::popcorn: oooooooo this is getting very interesting.:popcorn::popcorn:

SF Boyz
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:13 PM

Get a life..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules
1.) Be polite and respectful. We will not tolerate rudeness or hostility toward other members or administration. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. No trolling, member bashing, overt or implied hostility toward other members will be allowed.

practice what you preach young one. :confused2: u wrote it not me....:D

Stuntrdr943
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules

practice what you preach young one. :confused2: u wrote it not me....:D

Who are YOU to get involved, it died awhile ago leave it alone. Stop hijacking this thread.

SyKoTiK
Dec 1st, 2009, 02:23 AM
Ramzy my friend. I'm glad you are ok. The bike can be fixed. But our bodies are very slow to heal. Thank goodness for helmets and leather. It sounds like quite a controversy as to just what happened on the track. Maybe we'll never know for sure. But again, I'm just glad you are up and about.

thanks bear im fine give me a call next time ur in town

SyKoTiK
Dec 1st, 2009, 02:25 AM
or he got scarred when he went through the patch and thought he wasn't going to make the corner and then laid it down.

i didnt get scared or even know that was there like i said earlier all i remember was me sliding didnt even feel the tire slip

beeline12000
Dec 1st, 2009, 02:27 AM
i didnt get scared or even know that was there like i said earlier all i remember was me sliding didnt even feel the tire slip
i got one question..and dont get offended....but how did you go by that spot 2 times before and didnt see it or was it that u didnt recall seeing it there???

SyKoTiK
Dec 1st, 2009, 02:30 AM
i never really looked at it closly till the vid i dont think it was the dirt cuz it was there threw out the day but i was just saying in the first post that it looked like the patch threw out my tire and what u guys thought didnt say it was.

Stuntrdr943
Dec 1st, 2009, 02:49 AM
i never really looked at it closly till the vid i dont think it was the dirt cuz it was there threw out the day but i was just saying in the first post that it looked like the patch threw out my tire and what u guys thought didnt say it was.

Any pics of the suit?

SyKoTiK
Dec 1st, 2009, 03:26 AM
Any pics of the suit?

no pics yet ill take some tomorrow

kidmoua
Dec 1st, 2009, 04:08 AM
atleast you got it on video..

SF Boyz
Dec 1st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Who are YOU to get involved, it died awhile ago leave it alone. Stop hijacking this thread.

boohooo. uhm... I think you did first.:weirdface:

ramzy..most importantly your bike is ok, thats all that matters... oh by the way how are you doing??? lol j/k.

SOUN1
Dec 1st, 2009, 10:10 AM
Some of you guys on here are just tooo much to handle..Ramzey, you crashed because Jon woke you up from your nap!!:D Jon cause him to lowside and graze turn 3 like a cow on a virgin pasture!!!:evilgrin0013:

JonJon
Dec 1st, 2009, 10:12 AM
Some of you guys on here are just tooo much to handle..Ramzey, you crashed because Jon woke you up from your nap!!:D Jon cause him to lowside and graze turn 3 like a cow on a virgin pasture!!!:evilgrin0013:

:pound: hahaha. It's true, Ramzy was asleep in the truck and I woke him up and ran him out like a drill instructor when they called his group. Maybe it was my fault. :p

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 1st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Totally Jon's fault!

SyKoTiK
Dec 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Totally Jon's fault!

so it looks like im getting a white and blue 750 then!:evilgrin0013:

aaw749r
Dec 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Ramzy,

That corner starts out with a good banking and flattens out as you proceed up the hill. This in turn quickly increases your lean angle relative to asphalt (not the earth) which helped you run out of tire without doing anything out of the ordinary or drastic. You could compare it to a corner going off camber at the apex.

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 1st, 2009, 12:43 PM
You looked pretty crossed up too right before you wrecked. I bet if you were hanging off the bike a bit more and kept the bike more up right, you probably wouldn't have ran out of rubber.

Old School
Dec 1st, 2009, 02:08 PM
well here is two vids of me crashing there were two guys behind me that cought me on camera from what it looks like i hit a dirt patch they used to clean up the oil from a earlier crash but i dont know what u guys think?

Sorry to hear about your crash:( Ok you ask what do we think, well what I see in the video is you ran out of tire and your butt was not off the seat enough. Is this the same bike you crashed this year? If it is I think you
should paint it with the blue Suzuki scheme maybe black is bad luck for you or get a Honda.:pokeit:

Stephen

SyKoTiK
Dec 1st, 2009, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your crash:( Ok you ask what do we think, well what I see in the video is you ran out of tire and your butt was not off the seat enough. Is this the same bike you crashed this year? If it is I think you
should paint it with the blue Suzuki scheme maybe black is bad luck for you or get a Honda.:pokeit:

Stephen

yea hondas have wings and might keep me upright alil easier lol but no im stickin with the suzuki she been threw alot and still runs like a champ.

JonJon
Dec 1st, 2009, 02:21 PM
so it looks like im getting a white and blue 750 then!:evilgrin0013:

Over my dead body :)

SyKoTiK
Dec 1st, 2009, 03:07 PM
Over my dead body :)

hahaha just messin with u bro

OG CBR Ryder
Dec 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
That corner starts out with a good banking and flattens out as you proceed up the hill. This in turn quickly increases your lean angle relative to asphalt (not the earth) which helped you run out of tire without doing anything out of the ordinary or drastic. You could compare it to a corner going off camber at the apex.

THIS^

I bet if you were hanging off the bike a bit more and kept the bike more up right, you probably wouldn't have ran out of rubber.

THIS^

well what I see in the video is you ran out of tire and your butt was not off the seat enough.

and THIS^...

all add up to the unholy trinity that caused your crash.

KDOG
Dec 1st, 2009, 11:15 PM
Ramzy, good to know your alright and walked away from that crash.

kidmoua
Dec 2nd, 2009, 01:38 AM
Ramzy, good to know your alright and walked away from that crash.

looks more like rolled away to me :pound:

Quino
Dec 2nd, 2009, 10:52 AM
Damn Ramzy! That was a nice spill you took there. Glad you are alright. At least the damage of the bike is only cosmetic.

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM

he rolls, walks away. I crash, I broke bones. WTF!

SyKoTiK
Dec 2nd, 2009, 01:44 PM

hey dont jinx me man!

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
hey dont jinx me man!

My bad but I bet your sore from that tumble. How fast do u think u were going?

r6squid
Dec 2nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
20mph

SOUN1
Dec 2nd, 2009, 05:16 PM

He has MORE CUSHION the you, besides he's trippled up on the leather..Average rider use a cow or less for our suit but he has 3, so do the math..Like Doug said, it's only a 20MPH. crash..:popcorn:, I know..I'm such am A Hole!!!:D

kidmoua
Dec 2nd, 2009, 06:45 PM

hello werd yo.. wtf..

Walkman
Dec 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Well Ramzy...we have heard lots of opinions from the novice to the experts...if you really want the truth here it is............ you wrecked because you didn't sell me the bike!! lol

SOUN1
Dec 11th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Well Ramzy...we have heard lots of opinions from the novice to the experts...if you really want the truth here it is............ you wrecked because you didn't sell me the bike!! lol

NOT TRUE!!!

He wreck because the tire can not handle the weight that was put on it!!:evilgrin0013: With the weight,speed and gravity, asking tooo much out of the tire..:D

KDOG
Dec 11th, 2009, 04:55 PM

Dammmmmmmmmmmn!

mrlopez
Dec 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
NOT TRUE!!!

He wreck because the tire can not handle the weight that was put on it!!:evilgrin0013: With the weight,speed and gravity, asking tooo much out of the tire..:D

Oh no you didn't :popcorn: yes you did :weirdface: went there

Daisy
Dec 12th, 2009, 02:50 AM
You are all so wrong.

mrlopez
Dec 12th, 2009, 08:41 AM
You are all so wrong.

:stirpot::sumo: