Weather is going to be decent.
Any takers?
Leaving around 9am

up in smoke
Nov 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
:confused2:

MikeinFresno
Nov 11th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I have a group going to Carnegie that day, wife n friends, oh well, maybe next time.

JonJon
Nov 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM
If I don't end up going to Pismo I'll be down to go.

Mooney 78865
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I'm planing to hit Miami this weekend. Sunday will work. White Ford F 150, KTM 300XCW.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I might go too! I need find a decent back tire though. Where about is Miami trails again?

JonJon
Nov 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I might go too! I need find a decent back tire though. Where about is Miami trails again?

Just take the 41 through Oakhurst and keep on going. You'll see a sign about 10 miles out of Oakhurst that says Miami Trails and you will cut to the left up a dirt road.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 12th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Just take the 41 through Oakhurst and keep on going. You'll see a sign about 10 miles out of Oakhurst that says Miami Trails and you will cut to the left up a dirt road.

Thank you.

NinjaGirl
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:41 PM
A little ways passed Bass Lake, Will. Do you guys want to meet up and head out or meet there??

Mooney 78865
Nov 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm going to try and park at the entrance on the left. Usually room for 4 or 5 trucks. Should be there around 9:30 or so. If away from truck will stop by around 10:00 to see if anyone shows up. I've been riding 007 all spring/summer/fall. Haven't been to Miami since May. Riding red sticker don't you know. Should be a good weekend with the rain. Looking foward to MMTB, Dead mans and some of the other places at Miami I haven't ridden in a while.

LawrenceFromTorance
Nov 13th, 2009, 03:34 PM
There are 2 ways into Miami Trails -- one rather steep and rough, the other not steep and not rough.

NinjaGirl
Nov 13th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Well I'll be there around 9. Just got to replace the tube in my rear tire and I should be good to go. (4 inch nail got it :mad:) Otherwise see you guys there

L2fly
Nov 13th, 2009, 03:37 PM
There are 2 ways into Miami Trails -- one rather steep and rough, the other not steep and not rough.

Hmmm... I'm not going to make this ride, but for future reference, which is which?

LawrenceFromTorance
Nov 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM
The first entrance is the bad one -- should have 4 wheel drive. About a mile further on 41 you take the left exit and then another quick left to backtrack to miami trails. This road is level and generally in good shape. Sorry I don't have a better description, maybe someone else can chime in?

JonJon
Nov 13th, 2009, 03:43 PM
The first entrance is the bad one -- should have 4 wheel drive. About a mile further on 41 you take the left exit and then another quick left to backtrack to miami trails. This road is level and generally in good shape. Sorry I don't have a better description, maybe someone else can chime in?

I used to go both ways in my lowered single cab Silverado. :confused2: I don't know which way you would need 4 wheel drive.

LawrenceFromTorance
Nov 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I knew that was coming. Believe me I've seen that first trail where I wouldn't even want to go up it in a 4-wheel drive. Please don't lure people to their demise because you want to seem macho. I just want people to know there's another way and to check out the first entrance before using it.
By the way I live up here in Oakhurst and have been to miami trails many times.

JonJon
Nov 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I knew that was coming. Believe me I've seen that first trail where I wouldn't even want to go up it in a 4-wheel drive. Please don't lure people to their demise because you want to seem macho. I just want people to know there's another way and to check out the first entrance before using it.

I'm not trying to seem macho by any means, I just don't know what road you are talking about that is sketchy.. The first entrance I am thinking about is a gravel road..

Mooney 78865
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I think he means the two trails that lead out of the lower parking I'm going to use. And no, I don't have anything to prove. I know the place pretty good and would take the easier trails to see what their level is. They haven't ridden with me and I haven't ridden with them. You can go a couple hundred yards up the road and pick up a decent trail to powerline and beyond. As far as needing a 4WD to get to the staging area? Unless it's really gone to hell over the summer I never thought it was any big deal. But then I never thought the two trails out of the lower staging area were a big deal.....

Mooney 78865
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Well I'll be there around 9. Just got to replace the tube in my rear tire and I should be good to go. (4 inch nail got it :mad:) Otherwise see you guys there
My bad, I'll be there by 9:00.

NinjaGirl
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:09 PM

I see what you're saying. A regular sedan type car would have some trouble going to the main parking area. How ever any suv type would do fine in my opinion. Even a 2WD small single cab truck would do fine. However if it was muddy I would recommend 4x4. I went about a month ago. It was fine. Im assuming anyone who would be going is going to be in a truck anyhow. So I dont think it matters. Thanks for the heads up! Would love to try out the other route someday, never even knew about it?:confused2:

I'll be borrowing my dads work truck to take my bike up. If anyone needs to double up let me know.

chromefonica
Nov 13th, 2009, 08:47 PM
i wanna go. but i will be in pismo. plus my bike needs a top end rebuild. anybody got a spare bike for next time? lol

MikeinFresno
Nov 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I pull a trailer up the first road, NEVER needed a 4wd, this is new to me, havent been there in a few months tho.

NinjaGirl
Nov 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Just so we're clear, who all is going tomorrow and what time should we meet up?? I was thinking 9am but we could go later so its not so chilly? I'm open to whatever:confused:.

Mooney 78865
Nov 14th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I'll be there at 9:00. White F150, parking at the left of the entrance.

Mooney 78865
Nov 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Did anyone go? I was at the lower parking and rode to the upper and didn't see any 150s. Rode a bit and had a flat, went to the truck and changed tube. Had to go into town to air up as I didn't have enough CO bottles. Rode to about 3:30. Still didn't see anyone except a couple other KTMs and a couple guys on Hondas. Saw a couple quads on the double tracks. Conditions were pretty good, a bit sloppy going up MMTB before the right onto Deadmans. North side was real prime! Probably time to change from inters, to softs/muddy, had to run pretty low pressures front and rear.
Maybe meet in town next time?

MikeinFresno
Nov 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Carnegie was a dust bowl, it didnt rain there, it sucked

NinjaGirl
Nov 15th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I was there didn't see a white truck either? I was in the main parking area red truck, pink bike. :rolleyes: Maybe next time!

branktm
Nov 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Did anyone go? I was at the lower parking and rode to the upper and didn't see any 150s. Rode a bit and had a flat, went to the truck and changed tube. Had to go into town to air up as I didn't have enough CO bottles. Rode to about 3:30. Still didn't see anyone except a couple other KTMs and a couple guys on Hondas. Saw a couple quads on the double tracks. Conditions were pretty good, a bit sloppy going up MMTB before the right onto Deadmans. North side was real prime! Probably time to change from inters, to softs/muddy, had to run pretty low pressures front and rear.
Maybe meet in town next time?

Sorry I am always at work Dan, Im in Vegas fri-mon for enduro cross, after that ill set some time up so we can do whiskey falls or something, i tired of everytime i plan to ride i have to clean carbs and charge battery cause its been too long.....

GreeNug
Nov 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Sorry I am always at work Dan, Im in Vegas fri-mon for enduro cross, after that ill set some time up so we can do whiskey falls or something, i tired of everytime i plan to ride i have to clean carbs and charge battery cause its been too long.....

We were up around whiskey falls on Sat. and the trail conditions were really nice. We did run into a bunch of snow the further up we went but nothing that was un-rideable. Some of the fire roads were uber icy and way slippery in spots but the lower cross over trails were perfect. Lemme know when you guys are going back up if its on a weekend, it'd be great to tag along.

How was the race?

Mooney 78865
Nov 16th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I was there didn't see a white truck either? I was in the main parking area red truck, pink bike. :rolleyes: Maybe next time!
I was looking for the pink bike, figured it is the one in you Avatar. Can't remember if I saw a red truck, did see a couple of trucks and a couple SUV's with trailers. No problem, let's set something up again. Maybe take Brandon out and let him terrorize us! Or visa versa!

NinjaGirl
Nov 16th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I was looking for the pink bike, figured it is the one in you Avatar. Can't remember if I saw a red truck, did see a couple of trucks and a couple SUV's with trailers. No problem, let's set something up again. Maybe take Brandon out and let him terrorize us! Or visa versa!

For sure, next time we should meet in town and caravan up. I had a blast riding hit some really tough trails. Couple that kicked my :evilgrin0013:SS! How did your riding go?

JacobR6
Nov 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM
We were up around whiskey falls on Sat. and the trail conditions were really nice. We did run into a bunch of snow the further up we went but nothing that was un-rideable. Some of the fire roads were uber icy and way slippery in spots but the lower cross over trails were perfect. Lemme know when you guys are going back up if its on a weekend, it'd be great to tag along.

How was the race?

Me and my cousin were up there too. Ran into a couple hondas and a KTM. Somebody on a honda stopped us on the trail because there friend was lost. Were you with them? Do you know if they found him?

branktm
Nov 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM

Fine by me

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 19th, 2009, 09:25 AM
anyone plan on riding next weekend?

MikeinFresno
Nov 19th, 2009, 09:34 AM
its gonna be sloppy or snow after Fridays storm. Time for the dez or Hollister, Carnegie

JacobR6
Nov 20th, 2009, 11:11 AM
anyone plan on riding next weekend?

Supposed to go up to Whiskey this sunday if you wanna go.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Supposed to go up to Whiskey this sunday if you wanna go.

damn, No go for this sunday but I'm game next sunday. Lemme know if anyone plans on riding.