PDA

View Full Version : Help! Where to ride??

L2fly
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I have a friend coming in from the coast on Thanksgiving, who is going to lend me a bike (I get to try his KTM 200, yay!), and he wants to go trail riding Thanksgiving morning.

I haven't been too many places that I remember how to get to...just the tracks in Tulare and P-ville, and Millwood (which didn't seem all that exciting, but maybe I missed something...?)

So, where is a good place to go, leaving from Visalia in the wee hours of the morning, where we can ride and return by Thanksgiving dinner? That won't be snowing? He's totally down for some tight single track and has tons of experience... I'm probably at an 'advanced beginner' level right now, as its been so long since I've been on a dirt bike!

Thanks! And, if anyone wants to go, you'd be most welcome!! :)

SXV 550
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I have a friend coming in from the coast on Thanksgiving, So, where is a good place to go, leaving from Visalia in the wee hours of the morning?

Leaving in the "WEE HOURS," WOW, must be special. If you are moving and UP that early???? ;) Good luck and have fun:)

MikeinFresno
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:26 AM
its too far away to know about snow and use the term "single track". Taft may your best bet. Gorman or Ballinger maybe. You are also 1.5 hrs or so from Jawbone.

mrlopez
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hollister it's not that far

JonJon
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
its too far away to know about snow and use the term "single track". Taft may your best bet. Gorman or Ballinger maybe. You are also 1.5 hrs or so from Jawbone.

:word: Awesome riding.

L2fly
Nov 5th, 2009, 12:34 PM
:word: Awesome riding.

Ok... where is Taft? Is that a city, or an area? :confused2:

KDOG
Nov 5th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Ok... where is Taft? Is that a city, or an area? :confused2:

Taft is a town west of Bakersfield on highway 119 (Old River Road/Taft Highway) and intersects near highway 33. It is next to Ford City. It is about 100 miles from Lemoore or 125 miles from Visalia. I would say travel time is about 2 hours. :)