PDA

View Full Version : Riding monday or tuesday. Who wants to go?

iroc-zman
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM
So I have monday and tuesday off as usual. I was thinkin of going riding, maybe miami trails, cental camp, im up for anything really, just nothing too crazy. A friend of mine knows someone who has a track, so we might even stop by there...not sure yet. Anyone wanna go? text or call me 559-760-9609-Jason

MikeinFresno
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:13 AM
how bout next Tues, I have Drs appt this Mon and next Mon. We have a new to us KTM 300 to try out.

iroc-zman
Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
how bout next Tues, I have Drs appt this Mon and next Mon. We have a new to us KTM 300 to try out.

next tuesday sounds good, where ya wanna go

MikeinFresno
Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
Where ever to trail ride is good.

iroc-zman
Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Where ever to trail ride is good.

well miami trails are good, co is central camp, those are the closest place for trails im pretty sure. if you know of anywhere else let me know

C.Petty
Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:16 PM
Are y'all talking about the 10th here? If so count me in. I can also probably go this Saturday.

Hey Mike, congrats on that 300. What year is it? MXC, EXC? ( or XCW or whatever they call 'em now.)

You said you were a 2 stroke guy... Is this gonna be your main trail steed then?

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 2nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
Damn, I cant do weekdays. Does anyone want to roll out on the 15th?

MikeinFresno
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
its a spare to go along with the 525 and 250xcfw. Its an 03 300EXC, very nice 1700mi on it and clleeennnn!!! I used to have a 200 too, but sold it to get the 525.

I know all those places to ride, it doesnt matter to me. Maybe 007 to Whiskey.

Im going to Carnegie on the 15th

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
Im going to Carnegie on the 15th

where about and how far away?

C.Petty
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
where about and how far away?

Carnegie is a hilly place near the Lawrence Livermore Labratory testing site. Between Tracy and Livermore. It's really no place for your 125. You'll be strung out in 2nd gear all day. They hold sanctioned hill climbs there, if you've never seen a alcohol burning 1000 I-4 wedged into a 10' long dirt bike, you owe it to yourself to go. The people that ride these things are worth it alone.

I'm hoping to be riding in Bishop the 14th and 15th.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:50 AM
Carnegie is a hilly place near the Lawrence Livermore Labratory testing site. Between Tracy and Livermore. It's really no place for your 125. You'll be strung out in 2nd gear all day. They hold sanctioned hill climbs there, if you've never seen a alcohol burning 1000 I-4 wedged into a 10' long dirt bike, you owe it to yourself to go. The people that ride these things are worth it alone.

I'm hoping to be riding in Bishop the 14th and 15th.

Bummer, I still like to think my 125 is fast too. I was 14 when I got it and weighed probably all of 140lbs. 7 years and 60 pounds later, I should probably look into a 250 or 450f

C.Petty
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
If a guy can ride a 125 is awesome. I have a 2000 RM 125 in my garage right now! It hasn't seen fresh fuel in over a year, and the resale value is less than it's worth, but I keep it around for my brothers or friends. I'll get it going and we can have a 125 day! It's just that next to my KTM 380 and CR500's, the bike has to be ridden to high strung, and there are more and more places that I'm faster on a bigger bike.

MikeinFresno
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
its fine for a 125, just dont climb the BIG hills, stay on the medium hills and the trails. Its a 2 hr drive and its near Tracy off of I-5. Gonna leave at 6am or so and ride til tired.

JonJon
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
its fine for a 125, just dont climb the BIG hills, stay on the medium hills and the trails. Its a 2 hr drive and its near Tracy off of I-5. Gonna leave at 6am or so and ride til tired.

:word: There's plenty of stuff to play around on with a 125. The trails are awesome and the mountain-tops are beautiful. Only thing that kinda sucks is how windy it gets.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
I've only been at Pismo aka Squidmo since I recently got back into dirt riding. I think I'll just hit up Miami or some local trails on the 15th. I need to freshen up my skills. If anyone is down to ride, shoot me a PM.

Also, question for the mx track guys, Do you still see 125's out there ripping it up? Ive been wanting to get on the track as well.

iroc-zman
Nov 3rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Are y'all talking about the 10th here? If so count me in. I can also probably go this Saturday.

Hey Mike, congrats on that 300. What year is it? MXC, EXC? ( or XCW or whatever they call 'em now.)

You said you were a 2 stroke guy... Is this gonna be your main trail steed then?

ya we're talkin about tuesday the 10th, i went ridin miami trails today with a buddy, still dusty but not too bad, if we hit it early morning it will be less dust too, i didn't get there til around 1pm.

C.Petty
Nov 3rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
ya we're talkin about tuesday the 10th, i went ridin miami trails today with a buddy, still dusty but not too bad, if we hit it early morning it will be less dust too, i didn't get there til around 1pm.

Yeah, I'm there. Hopefully we can start early; you can't ride all day if you start in the morning. I'm with Mike, I'd like to ride with guys that know the 007 trail, and the other trails in that area. I've only been there once, and it was awesome.

iroc-zman
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I'm there. Hopefully we can start early; you can't ride all day if you start in the morning. I'm with Mike, I'd like to ride with guys that know the 007 trail, and the other trails in that area. I've only been there once, and it was awesome.

ya that'd be cool if we have sopmeone who knows the trails. one of my friends knows them i think so ill have him come with too

MikeinFresno
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
I know them, 50mi ride on a big loop, not too much backtracking. Take a lunch or at least a snack and lots of drink. 3-4 hr ride, maybe less.

iroc-zman
Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:47 PM
I know them, 50mi ride on a big loop, not too much backtracking. Take a lunch or at least a snack and lots of drink. 3-4 hr ride, maybe less.

sounds awesome. lookin forward to it

MikeinFresno
Nov 5th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I can now go Mon or Tues

iroc-zman
Nov 5th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I can now go Mon or Tues

awesome im looking forward to it. either day is good for me

MikeinFresno
Nov 6th, 2009, 09:33 AM
OK, lets decide Sun

C.Petty
Nov 6th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Let's decide today to make it Tuesday. I won't be available Monday. But Tuesday is wide open! Mike, what bike are you planning on riding? If you have the stock 2.9g on it or bigger it'll cover at least 60 miles. (In my experience, on my 380.)

iroc-zman
Nov 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Let's decide today to make it Tuesday. I won't be available Monday. But Tuesday is wide open! Mike, what bike are you planning on riding? If you have the stock 2.9g on it or bigger it'll cover at least 60 miles. (In my experience, on my 380.)

tuesday sounds great. keep me in mind guys, not sure how long or short my tank will last. stock tank cr250 stroked motor with some more work done 50/50 VP110 and pump 91. ill bring extra in my jug, i cant wait!!

MikeinFresno
Nov 7th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Im taking my 525 or my wifes 250 if I get it back together, got the final parts today. Ive got 3 gals for 100mi or 2.8 for 100mi on either bike.

Tues it is

MikeinFresno
Nov 8th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Takes about an hour from N Fresno to get to the park spot, 20-30min to get unloaded and dressed to ride. When do we want to meet?

MikeinFresno
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
wife's bike back together, runs good. Im taking it to finish the break-in. Took 4 hours to do it this time, went pretty easy. :D

C.Petty
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Takes about an hour from N Fresno to get to the park spot, 20-30min to get unloaded and dressed to ride. When do we want to meet?

I don't really care. As long as we're riding by 9 or 9:30, I guess.

Going over my bike, I think I'm good to go. But you know 2 strokes.:D Easy to work on and maintain!

MikeinFresno
Nov 9th, 2009, 06:56 PM
OK then, got the 300 re=jetted, runs good, big ol' wheelie down my street:D

Leaving town at 715 or so, be there by 830 or so.

there will be 3 of us

C.Petty
Nov 9th, 2009, 07:16 PM
OK then, got the 300 re=jetted, runs good, big ol' wheelie down my street:D

Leaving town at 715 or so, be there by 830 or so.

there will be 3 of us

Nice role model.:D

Still taking the wife bike? You'll have more fun on the 2 stroke!

iroc-zman
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:38 PM
hey guys, so what i've gathered is that were meeting at the beginning of central camp in bass lake around 8:30-9am give me a call in the morning to make sure cuz i dont know if ill be on again tonight. im in ahwahnee tonight, about 30 min from central camp

MikeinFresno
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:12 PM
that is correct, CC road

Jett
Nov 10th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Well how was it? Was it dusty? Keep me posted....

MikeinFresno
Nov 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
it was good once we got going....I forgot my helmet and had a friend bring it up...then one of the bikes a yx250f had valves going tight and wouldnt start hot. After that we got along OK, NOOO dust in the front, but wasnt too bad either. Few downed trees to go around, no one else up there, IROC didnt show.

iroc-zman
Nov 11th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Guys!!! Im sorry i didnt show, i woke up and everything and was ready to go. Got in my truck and it was being wierd, had a ton of play in the steering and every bump i went over it would pull in either direction. i ended up having my pops help me out and we aligned it and fixed the play and rotated my tires. so its good now after a couple hours of fun. sorry i bailed, i start this post and didnt even show. I WILL FOR SURE NEXT TIME. i know i missed out on a good ride.