PDA

View Full Version : Lost loading ramp

Chip
Oct 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
If anyone happens to pick up a brand new folding loading ramp off the side of the road, please let me know. I'll give you some mula if you turn it in. It fell out of my truck around McKinley / Blythe area. Maybe even more south/west Fresno from there. Thanks a million.

L2fly
Oct 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Ouch... hope you find it... but much more importantly, hope no one finds it the hard way, coming around a corner laying in the road!

Chip
Oct 19th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I must have retraced my tracks 10 times, it was no where to be found. Someone snagged it up fast.

aaw749r
Oct 19th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Call Bruno's recycling center or watch the lawn service trailers.

Sticka
Oct 19th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Ouch... hope you find it... but much more importantly, hope no one finds it the hard way, coming around a corner laying in the road!

:word:

Thanks for endangering other road users by not securing your stuff! :mad:

kidmoua
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:11 AM
my buddy found a ladder one time..on the 168 off ramp onto 180E.. ladder was laying in the middle of the road, he hit it straight on at 70MPH and well.. he wasn't too happy after getting out from the hospice a week later

Chip
Oct 20th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I've got an idea... Go **** yourself!

Thanks for endangering other road users by not securing your stuff! :mad:

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 20th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Hey, just a thought, Maybe u should of strapped that ramp down!
:popcorn::popcorn:

Chip
Oct 20th, 2009, 08:58 AM
yeah... strap it down next time... got it.
My mistake, i was in a hurry...
1000 appoligies to the good people of the central valley.
won't do it again...
hope nobody got hurt because of my ignorance...
dumbest thing i ever did...
you people are the best for stating the obvious...
this site rocks...
please forget i ever mentioned it.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 20th, 2009, 09:03 AM
yeah... strap it down next time... got it.
My mistake, i was in a hurry...
1000 appoligies to the good people of the central valley.
won't do it again...
hope nobody got hurt because of my ignorance...
dumbest thing i ever did...
you people are the best for stating the obvious...
this site rocks...
please forget i ever mentioned it.

Hey man, thats what were here for, Oh and welcome to CVR!

intheNO
Oct 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
my buddy found a ladder one time..on the 168 off ramp onto 180E.. ladder was laying in the middle of the road, he hit it straight on at 70MPH and well.. he wasn't too happy after getting out from the hospice a week later

your friend died?:confused:

Sticka
Oct 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM

Just what we need, another internet tough guy. :sleep:

I suggest you go eat a bowl of dicks.

McLuvin_R1
Oct 20th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Rather than joining this pack of ravid wolves I wish you luck. I hope you can find your ramp or maybe even stumble upon your own lost ramp.

Ramps are one of those MC items that are last on our list of things to buy but they sure do make life easier. I used a wood ramp for the longest, basically because I felt I had better things to buy for my bike instead.

Good Luck.:)

JonJon
Oct 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
This might just be a sign to invest in one of the new Ogio ramps. They are truly impressive.

L2fly
Oct 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Niice... :th_down: WTH, you post about negligently losing dangerous objects on the public roads on a forum full of street bike riders... you think we'll just feel sympathy for your material loss?

Besides, you ride... you, of all people, should KNOW BETTER.

mrlopez
Oct 20th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Wow more drama :confused2: :popcorn:

aaw749r
Oct 20th, 2009, 11:09 AM

I suggest you go eat a bowl of dick pho..

fixed

McLuvin_R1
Oct 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Niice... :th_down: WTH, you post about negligently losing dangerous objects on the public roads on a forum full of street bike riders... you think we'll just feel sympathy for your material loss?

I hope your statement doesn't reflect your intelligence!

He "accidentally" key word, lost his loading ramp. Obviously he had heard some good things about this web site. He figured by choosing to post here on a "motorcycle" site. He may have some luck retrieving his lost "motorcycle" ramp, as somebody with a "motorcycle" would most like find use for it and stumble upon it.

Additionally who cant see a motorcycle ramp while riding? If you want to be so politically correct. You are suppose to be using your peripheral vision and scanning ahead for dangerous objects in the road. But you already knew that right? Just like the guy already knew to tie down his stuff. But unfortunately "accidents" happen.

-Sam

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 20th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Additionally who cant see a motorcycle ramp while riding?

You'd be surprise what you cant see before its too late. I knew a kid who ran into a shopping cart in the middle of herndon on his cbr900.

L2fly
Oct 20th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I hope your statement doesn't reflect your intelligence!

He "accidentally" key word, lost his loading ramp. Obviously he had heard some good things about this web site. He figured by choosing to post here on a "motorcycle" site. He may have some luck retrieving his lost "motorcycle" ramp, as somebody with a "motorcycle" would most like find use for it and stumble upon it.

Additionally who cant see a motorcycle ramp while riding? If you want to be so politically correct. You are suppose to be using your peripheral vision and scanning ahead for dangerous objects in the road. But you already knew that right? Just like the guy already knew to tie down his stuff. But unfortunately "accidents" happen.

-Sam

:rolleyes: Wow, you & your friend Chip must not ride very much... or I wouldn't have to point out the obvious! Nothing is more fun than dodging something unexpected on the road in heavy traffic, or a piece of equipment flying out of the back of a pick-up, all because someone was in 'in a hurry'... he didn't LOSE it, he wasn't thinking of other people on the road, cutting corners, and being lazy...

Sure accidents happen, but when they are completely avoidable, thats when people get PO'd... and Mr. Chip firing back at someone with profanity for pointing out HIS F-up just shows his complete lack of ability to man up to his mistakes and take responsibilty.

And yes, this post is a good indicator of my level of intelligence, thanks for noticing! :D

McLuvin_R1
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM
:rolleyes: Wow, you & your friend Chip there must not ride very much... or you'd know that nothing is more fun than dodging something on the road, or flying out of the back of a pick-up, 'cause someone was in 'in a hurry'... he didn't LOSE it, he wasn't thinking of other people on the road, and being lazy...

Sure accidents happen, but when they are completely avoidable, thats when people get PO'd... and him firing back at someone with profanity for pointing out HIS F-up just shows his complete lack of ability to man up to his mistakes and take responsibilty... another pet peeve of mine, and something I see every day...

And yes, this post is a good indicator of my level of intelligence, thanks for noticing! :D

:confused2: He did loose it, and in no way can you accurately suggest it was an act of laziness. And how can you even dare say it was completely unavoidable, giving you have no idea of the circumstances.

So when someone looses there dog and post a "lost Dog" sign it is a complete lack of ability to "man up".

Go ahead flame this guy all you want. Your wrong. Your judgmental, and your 1 sided.

Have fun, Im done.

PapaBear
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Cvr drama keeps me eating :popcorn: all the time.

Jester
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM

Yea Chip, we have plenty of those here already.

May I suggest everyone with their nose out of joint (sympatheticly or otherwise) over Chip loosing his ramp, please take a step back and chill.

I know Chip to be a contientious dual sport rider who does more miles on his dirt bike than many squids here do with their sporty bikes.

He already feels stupid for loosing the dam thing in the first place, then here we welcome him to cvr by rubbing salt in his wounds before he has a chance to share a bowl (of pho) with you.

Welcome to CVR Chip. I'm sure once you meet the riders who jumped your shyt, you will find they are really nice people..... and you'll be as puzzled as I am over the response you got. :confused2:

If you need a ramp for this weekend, just ask, you got it. ......just promise to tie it down, yo? :evilgrin0013:

Definestrate chil's

Quino
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM
:tts:

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:12 PM
:tts:

McLuvin_R1
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:17 PM

May I suggest everyone with their nose out of joint (sympatheticly or otherwise) over Chip loosing his ramp, please take a step back and chill.

I know Chip to be a contientious dual sport rider who does more miles on his dirt bike than many squids here do with their sporty bikes.

He already feels stupid for loosing the dam thing in the first place, then here we welcome him to cvr by rubbing salt in his wounds before he has a chance to share a bowl (of pho) with you.

Welcome to CVR Chip. I'm sure once you meet the riders who jumped your shyt, you will find they are really nice people..... and you'll be as puzzled as I am over the response you got. :confused2:

If you need a ramp for this weekend, just ask, you got it. ......just promise to tie it down, yo? :evilgrin0013:

Definestrate chil's

+1

L2fly
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Conscientious he may be, but attacking Sticka for his opinion with profanity was not justified. :mad:

However, Jester, you know I value your judgment, so to everyone, please accept my apologies over this becoming perhaps bigger than it needed to be... I'm sure we've all had close calls with road debris, perhaps some of us closer than others which perhaps makes us more sensitive than others. Live & let live.

I'm done. :)

Chip
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:41 PM
what a great group.

Also, I'm not a tough guy, i'm a rider. I've been doing it as fast and hard as I can for the last 25 years (longer than most of you have been alive). I've ridden to the farthest stretches of this continent. I've ripped rockets, dirt bikes, and enduros accross most of the country. So I have something in common with most of you, except that I made a mistake. You all have me there.

don't know if I mentioned it but my ramp might be in the road somewhere around west mckinley / blythe or south of there. So please watch out while your riding so you don't run over it and get hurt. Please scan the area for debree in the road, because if it's there it's my fault, you can send me your bills.

I'm sorry for cussing. I'm a Marine infantryman. I cuss, fight, and do other things that normal people don't approve of... I'll leave it at that.

Devlausdan
Oct 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Cvr drama keeps me eating :popcorn: all the time.

You and me buddy. :pound:

Devlausdan
Oct 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
what a great group.

Also, I'm not a tough guy, i'm a rider. I've been doing it as fast and hard as I can for the last 25 years (longer than most of you have been alive). I've ridden to the farthest stretches of this continent. I've ripped rockets, dirt bikes, and enduros accross most of the country. So I have something in common with most of you, except that I made a mistake. You all have me there.

don't know if I mentioned it but my ramp might be in the road somewhere around west mckinley / blythe or south of there. So please watch out while your riding so you don't run over it and get hurt. Please scan the area for debree in the road, because if it's there it's my fault, you can send me your bills.

Welcome buddy. But if it's on the west side of Mckinley and Blythe, I'd say it's probably MIA by now.

McLuvin_R1
Oct 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Let this be known as the...

"TLLR SCANDLE"

Who can guess what TLLR means? :p

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I'm a Marine infantryman.

Thank you for your serivce and once again, welcome to CVR. Were really not that bad

kidmoua
Oct 20th, 2009, 01:56 PM
your friend died?:confused:

no..he spent a week in the hospital and F-up his bike.. ladder was in the middle of the on/off ramp so he didn't see it til the last second..

Quino
Oct 20th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Thank you for your serivce and once again, welcome to CVR. Were really not that bad

:+1:

McLuvin_R1
Oct 20th, 2009, 02:09 PM

You may not be :rolleyes:

MikeinFresno
Oct 20th, 2009, 02:13 PM
the long lost ramp

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 20th, 2009, 02:14 PM
You may not be :rolleyes:

HA! Wait until you've met/ridden with me :evilgrin0013: :p

McLuvin_R1
Oct 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM
the long lost ramp

The Lost Loading Ramp Scandal ;)

JonJon
Oct 20th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Imagine how the ramp feels! :evilgrin0013:

training_wheelz
Oct 20th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Go to work for the day and I miss all the fun. Now it's all over :sleep:

Welcome to the forum Chip. As you now know it gets a bit :loco::flamethrower::willy_nilly::rocketlauncher::stars: at times around here

Scarman
Oct 20th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forum. I guess you've been sufficiently hazed. :D

Calkidd
Oct 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Chip sorry you lost your ramp and I am sure you were not intentionally trying to be forgetful or have negligence loosing your ramp. It happens we all have HUA moments and this isn't any different than what anyone else has probably done.

Welcome, sorry it was a rough start for you.

Stick around you will soon learn who the forum Bully is.....:evilgrin0013: j/k

beeline12000
Oct 20th, 2009, 08:42 PM
we should calll fox, ksee24, abc to put a segment about it!!!!

montibank
Oct 20th, 2009, 09:19 PM
:word:Thanks for endangering other road users by not securing your stuff! :mad:

I don't usually jump in on the confrontational stuff (someone has on their signiture line the little cartoon with the guy about "just a minute honey someone is wrong on the internet!" - thats classic!) but Chip is a friend of mine, human, and a decent person. Granted his retort was, eh... to the point, you gotta give em that he is honest. Knowing him and his honest reaction I gotta laugh. From me you would have gotten a very similar sugar coated suggestion couched in pretty words.

He made a mistake he knows it, likely is a little ashamed of it ( as I would have been ) and you kick him when he was down, instead of guiding him to better practice in the future. That was not constructive now was it? There is a difference between being critical and being helpful. You want better behavior right? Then behave better yourself.

I must have retraced my tracks 10 times, it was no where to be found. Someone snagged it up fast.
Maybe you didn't see this part - but some attempt was made to remedy his error. Regardless of motivation it shows responsability for his actions or lack thereof.

Fully appropriate adult like response - what one would come to expect from a forum of primarily adults. Sympathy for his loss and a gentle reminder of needs for improvement.
Hey, just a thought, Maybe u should of strapped that ramp down!
:popcorn::popcorn:
LOL that just looks like fueling the fire for grins and giggles... Bad Ryda!!

Just what we need, another internet tough guy. :sleep: I suggest you go eat a bowl of dicks.
Suggested re-write: "I am sorry if my initial response was mildly callous (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/callous), I should have inquired if it were secured properly. In the future, might I suggest that you tie it down? If I happen to stumble on one I will let you know."

I was going to make some religious comment about forgiveness then I saw this (http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=115425&postcount=65) and realized you are a not particularly religious - but of presumably good moral character. I must agree with the statement you made here (http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showpost.php?p=116074&postcount=105):

If you need a book to tell you what is the right and wrong way to treat others then you have serious issues.
Most of us do, myself included, and thankfully there is a book like this for us. And, I challenge you to act on your own words. Prove you don't need that book. Or if all else fails:

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(Matthew 6:14,15) (http://www.bibleinsong.com/Song_Pages/Matthew/Matthew6/Matthew6.htm)
Think of that book as naught else then a moral compass if you feel so compelled ... its got some nuggets of info burried in mysticism that are worth reading now and again. Failing that you could try something a bit more sterilized oh say something like ... This (http://books.google.com/books?id=xZo2GpYq6oUC&pg=PA313&lpg=PA313&dq=When+is+advise+counterproductive%3F&source=bl&ots=FxKitAK5bx&sig=nwzq31iLcujt1unMVfjEkWMtwzU&hl=en&ei=7nzeSvGnNYTSsQOXmbjRDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CB0Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=&f=false)?

Can't fault you for those feelings - I don't doub't he realizes this, knowing him personally. He was provoked and responded out of anger. I for one have NEVER done that. I will say sorry for him, he really is a good guy. No need to respond on other comments - your feelings / point of view is valid and your initial response very well tempered.

+1 thank you for that.

And to all the others that put this topic perspective, all sides of it. Talked to him a bit ago - said it is unlikly he will return, but I am gonna werk on that!

Oh oh... go ahead flame away. I think I made social mistakes since my first week here, anyone wanna find em and foster that oh so warm and fuzzy feeling? C'mon it'll be fun!:evilgrin0013:

~

Michael

Calkidd
Oct 20th, 2009, 09:54 PM
What else can you say after that? Hell I don't have anything.

Talked to him a bit ago - said it is unlikly he will return
However, we as senior members should not see statements like thiss

BlooDSMeaR
Oct 21st, 2009, 12:54 AM
I have a dirt bike ramp that I'd sell you for cheap lmk

Jester
Oct 21st, 2009, 05:25 AM
I have a dirt bike ramp that I'd sell you for cheap lmkDale, you SO missed the dramma crest.

abnab
Oct 21st, 2009, 09:38 AM
Well spoken montibank, and Jester..... You're mothers would be proud!
Thanks for representing the riders of CVR well!

McLuvin_R1
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Well spoken montibank, and Jester..... You're mothers would be proud!
Thanks for representing the riders of CVR well!

huh humm, I was first to note the tenacious behavior of this "hazing" process. Thank goodness I have not been subject to such debauchery.

SOUN1
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
Welcome..and I have a ramp for sale "dirt cheap"..I picked it up from the side of the road some where...wait I think it's on Mckinly :D..I fell sorry for the poor guy/gal tha lost it..."O" well, my gain his/her lost..:evilgrin0013:

McLuvin_R1
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
Welcome..and I have a ramp for sale "dirt cheap"..I picked it up from the side of the road some where...wait I think it's on Mckinly :D..I fell sorry for the poor guy/gal tha lost it..."O" well, my gain his/her lost..:evilgrin0013:

EPIC FAIL:weirdface:

Jett
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:33 AM
Well said Monti, well done!

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:42 AM

I'll give u two dolla!!

SOUN1
Oct 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
SOLD!!! to Will....

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 21st, 2009, 11:11 AM
sold!!! To will....

Devlausdan
Oct 21st, 2009, 11:30 AM

I don't know guys. There was a freaking 12 foot latter laying in the middle of lane #3 right under the the Clinton Ave overpass on the south bound hwy 99. It was dark and I had to freaking avoid it as much as all the other cars.

PotentialScat
Oct 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
Wow. :weirdface:

Chip is one of the coolest, down to earth peeps that I've had the pleasure of riding with.

Jester
Oct 21st, 2009, 01:44 PM
Wow. :weirdface:

Chip is one of the coolest, down to earth peeps that I've had the pleasure of riding with.Huuuah!

Typical CVR overreaction.

Maybe it was a slow news day.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
Talked to him a bit ago - said it is unlikly he will return,

and that right there ladies and gentleman, is what separate's the boys from the men! :popcorn: :popcorn:

Jester
Oct 21st, 2009, 09:22 PM
and that right there ladies and gentleman, is what separate's the boys from the men! :popcorn: :popcorn:Will, no distrspect to your Madd Skillz but all of them put together wouldn't make a pimple on Chips ass. Rarely do I meet a rider as well travelled as Chip. .....and even more rarer here on this forum. I won't go into the littany of his travels but suffice it to say, it's farther than the little dragon.....

Calkidd
Oct 21st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Will, no distrspect to your Madd Skillz but all of them put together wouldn't make a pimple on Chips ass. Rarely do I meet a rider as well travelled as Chip. .....and even more rarer here on this forum. I won't go into the littany of his travels but suffice it to say, it's farther than the little dragon.....Wow, didn't see that one coming:rolleyes:

Scarman
Oct 21st, 2009, 09:30 PM
Will, no distrspect to your Madd Skillz but all of them put together wouldn't make a pimple on Chips ass. Rarely do I meet a rider as well travelled as Chip. .....and even more rarer here on this forum. I won't go into the littany of his travels but suffice it to say, it's farther than the little dragon.....

You mean there's more beyond the little dragon??? I've heard stories of such things. :D

Jester
Oct 21st, 2009, 09:37 PM
Wow, didn't see that one coming:rolleyes:I'm not surprised. :popcorn:

beeline12000
Oct 21st, 2009, 11:44 PM
few thing sone can always count on on a thread in CVR..

1. angry poeple
2.thread going off topic

beeline12000
Oct 21st, 2009, 11:44 PM
p.s.--any one catch TUF tonight goo fight