PDA

View Full Version : RAIN IS COMING!!!!! Who's down for Thursday!!

branktm
Oct 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Everyone knows its gonna rain the next two days! so im taking thursday off, was gonna do 007 area but mooney cant make it so forget that im not getting lost, so most likely miami. Who can go????????

C.Petty
Oct 12th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I was going to meet a couple a guys in Hollister that day. But I haven't committed yet. If you decide to ride somewhere other than Miami, I'm there. Or you can come on out to Hollywood.

NinjaGirl
Oct 13th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Id be down to go if I can, was just there Saturday.

Red Wasp
Oct 13th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I might be down Ill have to get back to you...depends on transportation issues.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM
If it were friday, I'd consider it. I'll be at work thursday

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:09 AM
where exactly is 007?

MikeinFresno
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:16 AM
its gonna be a sloppy mess that soon. Mud riding is lots a fun tho, just be prepared to be wet, cold, dirty, and maybe get stuck a few times. I would wait a couple of more days.

HH will close the Renz and maybe the adobe areas after the rain for 4-7 days or so.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Im ready to hit some TRAILS!!!

C.Petty
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:44 AM
its gonna be a sloppy mess that soon. Mud riding is lots a fun tho, just be prepared to be wet, cold, dirty, and maybe get stuck a few times. I would wait a couple of more days.

HH will close the Renz and maybe the adobe areas after the rain for 4-7 days or so.

I thought about all of that but this will be my only chance to ride this week.

On the other hand, you've got different fingers. If it rains more than a few inches, I could see accessability issues.(Due to snot, which is why I think miami is a bad choice.) The fire roads at HH aren't that bad after a rain.

GreeNug
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
If it were friday, I'd consider it. I'll be at work thursday

Do you have to work Fri? I might be able to scoot out on Fri. if you wanna roll, but Sat. would work better. I know a few more that might join us then.

where exactly is 007?

The staging for 007 is @ the bottom of Central Camp road right where the dam is on the upper bass lake road. I used to ride mnt. bikes out there, single double & triple oh 7 trails, till they started getting tore up by dirtbikes.

I prefer to stage up near the Whisky Falls campground but it's all basically the same general area.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Do you have to work Fri? I might be able to scoot out on Fri. if you wanna roll, but Sat. would work better. I know a few more that might join us then..

I need to swap out my paddle. Where do u plan on going?

branktm
Oct 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
so guess i'lll be the only one riding then. gonna flip a coin on to where to go. got gps I'll be good

C.Petty
Oct 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM
so guess i'lll be the only one riding then. gonna flip a coin on to where to go. got gps I'll be good

Then let's stage outa the bass lake area. I've never been there. And you won't get lost!

L2fly
Oct 13th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I need to get another dirt bike, so rain will mean something positive other than just being trapped indoors... :(

GreeNug
Oct 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I need to swap out my paddle. Where do u plan on going?

Just talked it over w/ some peoples & we're gonna hit the whisky falls area on Sat. so change that tire and roll with us if you can! There will be some newer riders w/ us thou so we will be taking it a bit easy until everyone gets warmed up and we might have to skip some of the gnarlyer climbs. We usually are getting out of Sanger around 6:30 or so and thru Fresno shortly after.

Then let's stage outa the bass lake area. I've never been there. And you won't get lost!

Here is a great online topo map site that you can print from that might help you guys rough out a route.

http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/

I need to get another dirt bike, so rain will mean something positive other than just being trapped indoors... :(

+ a million, dirt bikes are wayy too much fun not to have one. I memory serves weren’t you wanting to get a green sticker bike instead of a red sticker one anyways?

mrlopez
Oct 13th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Well if I can get my bike back by Friday I may be able to tag along :confused2:

branktm
Oct 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM

I'm gonna park and unload at central camp road like I've done before and go from there to the trails I've done in the past. which isn't many, but with the gps I'll be more comfortable to just go wherever in there. I'm thinking like 9ish

C.Petty
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna park and unload at central camp road like I've done before and go from there to the trails I've done in the past. which isn't many, but with the gps I'll be more comfortable to just go wherever in there. I'm thinking like 9ish

Right on. My dirt bikes are not street legal at all, so if that's a problem... Also, I've never been there. I'm pretty sure I can find that road though.

Mooney 78865
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Wish I was able to make it. 007 isn't to bad right after a rain if you stay off the real tracked out trails. Not to bad in the snow either.:evilgrin0013:

branktm
Oct 13th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Wish I was able to make it. 007 isn't to bad right after a rain if you stay off the real tracked out trails. Not to bad in the snow either.:evilgrin0013:

btw I'm gonna call u tomorrow to get some more directions for certain trails

branktm
Oct 13th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Right on. My dirt bikes are not street legal at all, so if that's a problem... Also, I've never been there. I'm pretty sure I can find that road though.

no ur fine I'm leaving the dual sports home beat them up pass few months, I'll be on my 250

L2fly
Oct 13th, 2009, 11:54 PM
+ a million, dirt bikes are wayy too much fun not to have one. I memory serves weren’t you wanting to get a green sticker bike instead of a red sticker one anyways?

Yup... then I got pulled into this house negotiation quadmire... we'll see if the banks pull their heads out of the 'sand' and get the deal approved before the Nov 30 cut-off gets here... if not, I'll a new green sticker dirtcycle pretty quick, with house down payment money! :D

mrlopez
Oct 14th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Well got rain and lots of it, so may be muddy as heck lol

C.Petty
Oct 14th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I have bad news. I just had to pick up my two yr. old son from day care due to the flu. I may stay home with him tomorrow to monitor him (or take him to a doctor) depending on if he gets any better. Sorry.

Okay, I'm out. My wife and I gave him some time, but my son can't keep food down right now. Sorry Brandon. Another time.

up in smoke
Oct 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I'm up for a ride on saturday:thumbsup:

MikeinFresno
Oct 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM
from the HH ranger

Hello Folks,

Due to the rain, the Renz and Adobe (lower) areas are closed as well as the Lodge MX and TT tracks. They have forecast a significant amount of rain for tonight and into tomorrow with cloudy skies through the end of the week. I think the weekend will be nice, but we won't know if the Renz and Adobe areas will be open by the weekend until we see how much rain we get. I would expect the Renz will not open by the weekend.

Don't let that stop you from coming out though, even with those areas closed we have plenty of trails to ride and they will be perfect!!

See You This Weekend!

MikeinFresno
Oct 15th, 2009, 09:05 PM
So, who went and did what??:confused::popcorn:

C.Petty
Oct 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM

I've been home since I brought my kid home. The whole family except my infant ended up getting sick. We're still getting over it.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 19th, 2009, 10:36 AM
lets get this CVR dirt bike ride on a roll!

up in smoke
Oct 19th, 2009, 12:42 PM
lets get this CVR dirt bike ride on a roll!

some of us cvrers went for a ride on saturday. the dirt was perfect!

GreeNug
Oct 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
some of us cvrers went for a ride on saturday. the dirt was perfect!

The dirt was more than perfect, I didn't see any dust till the end of the day at best. We are still getting sprinkles today and tomorrow, I think, so it's only gonna get better for a while.

Man you flat fly on that dual sport Lary! I must admit I was worried about finding mud when we pulled up and spotted those 50/50 (at best) no knob havin' dual sport tires, but you were on my butt and passing me all day!

I took a few soil samples and can vouch for the great moisture level of the dirt first hand, LoL. Note to self, logs are REALLY f'ing slippery after a rain like that, Ha.

up in smoke
Oct 19th, 2009, 07:46 PM
The dirt was more than perfect, I didn't see any dust till the end of the day at best. We are still getting sprinkles today and tomorrow, I think, so it's only gonna get better for a while.

Man you flat fly on that dual sport Lary! I must admit I was worried about finding mud when we pulled up and spotted those 50/50 (at best) no knob havin' dual sport tires, but you were on my butt and passing me all day!

I took a few soil samples and can vouch for the great moisture level of the dirt first hand, LoL. Note to self, logs are REALLY f'ing slippery after a rain like that, Ha.

thanks Nate, that is now one of my new favorite riding spots. might have to spoon on some knobs next time cause it was a little to challenging with the tires I'm running.

MikeinFresno
Oct 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM
HH

It is almost 10:30 a.m. on Monday the 19th. It just starting raining and is coming down pretty hard.

The Renz and Adobe areas, TT and Lodge MX tracks are being closed right now. The forecast says it will clear up by Wednesday and is supposed to be pretty nice and warm on the weekend. We will have to see how warm it gets and how soon - hopefully we can open everything by the weekend, or sooner.

branktm
Oct 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM

I went Thursday by myself dirt was perfect no one really up there, other than the 3 mtn bikers I almost took out when I was going down a trail