PDA

View Full Version : Hollister Hills October 3rd (Sat)

Red Wasp
Sep 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Me and GsxR1000Ryda (Will) were discussing a day trip up to hollister hills off road park. This would be a great opportunity to get everyone with a off road bike together finaly after all these threads about wanting to go ride and throw a little mud. I was hoping that if I got this post up early enough then there should be a good turn out, and if not everyone had a ride to haul thier bike up there we could group up, so we need some kind of a head count. We also talked about bbqing and bringing up some burgers and dogs and Im going to bring my grill so if you interested post up or let me know I have some room for an extra bike or two and we can get this thing going.

Also the park fee is $5 per person and your bike has to be legal to take it there...which means must have spark arrestor and current ohv registration, dont worry about red sticker because the season opens october 1st.

Red Wasp
Sep 15th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Here is the site if you are not familiar...

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179

JonJon
Sep 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Going to BW the 4th:evilgrin0013:, so I won't be able to make it to hollister.

C.Petty
Sep 15th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I thought it was $5 a truck.

MikeinFresno
Sep 15th, 2009, 05:37 PM
it is $5 per load, not individual bike. 4 bikes in one truck is $5. Also that is gonna be a very busy time with red season opening, everyone will be there.

Red Wasp
Sep 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry I thought it was $5 per person but I never take anyone else up with me so it always costs me $5, I picked the third because That seems like the only weekend for a while where there isn't going to be something else going on up there...

montibank
Sep 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM
May be able to. Put it on the calendar? I have been there ... 3 maybe 4 times. Not really familiar but at least comfortable being completely lost and enjoying myself.

If I go I would like to split gas with someone to save some money. I don't mind putting the miles on my truck or pulling a trailer. My truck seats 5 fairly comfortably ( maybe a little crowded in the back seat ) or six if we all smash in.

Keep us posted!

My bike is all legal 100% (sound/spark etc.). KTM 530 (plated) fun fun fun! No track for me... just trails.

~

Michael

mrlopez
Sep 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
May be able to. Put it on the calendar? I have been there ... 3 maybe 4 times. Not really familiar but at least comfortable being completely lost and enjoying myself.

If I go I would like to split gas with someone to save some money. I don't mind putting the miles on my truck or pulling a trailer. My truck seats 5 fairly comfortably ( maybe a little crowded in the back seat ) or six if we all smash in.

Keep us posted!

My bike is all legal 100% (sound/spark etc.). KTM 530 (plated) fun fun fun! No track for me... just trails.

~

Michael

well I'll see as the time gets closer I may be able to go :rolleyes:

GsxR1000Ryda
Sep 16th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I plan on going

Red Wasp
Sep 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Alright so the date is fast approaching and I will have room for one bike and one rider to go with me if anyone is interested, I would like to know who else is going to be able to go... plan on leaving around 6 ish from fresno...meet at riverbucks..., I know its kind of ealry, but that should put us into hollister around 8 or 830 depending upon if we stop for something to eat on the way. Will if you need a ride I will offer my seat to you first just because you mentioned it early on and if anyone else needs transportation up there post us so we can work something out...the more the merrier or something like that. Michael if you have a trailer I dont mind piching in for gas and we could all ride with you, anyway just thought I would post this back up as a reminder.

mrlopez
Sep 28th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Well I'm not makeing unless a miracle make my bike run lol have fun guys

C.Petty
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Running a half marathon this weekend. No Ride for me. Any idea what's wrong with your bike Mr. Lopez?

mrlopez
Sep 29th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Running a half marathon this weekend. No Ride for me. Any idea what's wrong with your bike Mr. Lopez?

It doesn't want to start, and when it does it runs poorly, I already took it twice apart and still refuses to run right

Red Wasp
Sep 29th, 2009, 09:53 AM
It doesn't want to start, and when it does it runs poorly, I already took it twice apart and still refuses to run right

Do you think it is a carb problem? I have a 1999 Yami and I have had nothing but carb problems with it.

mrlopez
Sep 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Do you think it is a carb problem? I have a 1999 Yami and I have had nothing but carb problems with it.

It could be but I'm not expert when it comes to carburators

C.Petty
Sep 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I'm going out there tomorrow (thursday 10-1).

GsxR1000Ryda
Sep 30th, 2009, 09:32 AM
So if I can get my rear wheel swapped out and make sure everything is in working order on the RM, I'll be there. My broken toe might get lil annoying but nothing a couple layers of duct tape cant solve.

montibank
Sep 30th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Out. Allowed one "big" ride a month, I spent my credits on a desert run :(.

~

Michael

C.Petty
Sep 30th, 2009, 07:47 PM
"Allowed"? I'm in the same seat as you,( married, with children), but I wouldn't characterize Hollywood as a "big" ride.

Red Wasp
Sep 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Alright so as it stands right now Will is the only one that "might be going", I guess I wont expect anyone else unless I hear otherwise from members themselves....Maybe try this agian some time later on when it gets a little wetter.

C.Petty
Oct 1st, 2009, 06:26 PM
I took my KTM out there today. That place is all hard pack. Everywhere.
I met another KTM rider out there and rode the lower part of the park, including a lot of time in the new section. Seemingly every corner has bad braking bumps going in, and bad acceleration bumps going out. Like riding a jackhammer. But it was a ton of fun, I think I may go back on the 10th.

NinjaGirl
Oct 2nd, 2009, 12:18 AM
I want to go! But my green sticker is 2008 havent gotten my new sticker yet...:(

mrlopez
Oct 2nd, 2009, 04:43 AM
I want to go! But my green sticker is 2008 havent gotten my new sticker yet...:(

Just go to DMV and get it easy :popcorn:

NinjaGirl
Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Just go to DMV and get it easy :popcorn:

How much does it cost?

Sticka
Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
My RM is leaking fuel and I don't have time to mess with it right now....I'm out. :mad:

mrlopez
Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
How much does it cost?

How much money you got :evilgrin0013: lol I'm going to guess probably $40-60 but it's good for 2 years

GreeNug
Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Yes the stickers are $50 now for 2 years. They raised it from $25 a few years back, I assume so they would have more money to steal form the green sticker fund when times are bad in CA :evilgrin0013:. Ha.

Can't make Hollister this weekend but am planning on heading up to the Whisky Creek area on Sat. is anyone wants to go. We rode red stickers up there a few times this year so if you're sticker is out I don't think it would be a big deal. I have only seen one ranger in the area and he was a waaayyy cool guy. Just checked us for a sparky and then sat down and B.S.'d with us a bit. :D

up in smoke
Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yes the stickers are $50 now for 2 years. They raised it from $25 a few years back, I assume so they would have more money to steal form the green sticker fund when times are bad in CA :evilgrin0013:. Ha.

Can't make Hollister this weekend but am planning on heading up to the Whisky Creek area on Sat. is anyone wants to go. We rode red stickers up there a few times this year so if you're sticker is out I don't think it would be a big deal. I have only seen one ranger in the area and he was a waaayyy cool guy. Just checked us for a sparky and then sat down and B.S.'d with us a bit. :D

I might be up for this ride.

C.Petty
Oct 2nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hey Sticka is it a bowl float? That's pretty easy to repair. And if you guys can hold off till next sat. on whiskey creek, I'd love to go and try it out.

Sticka
Oct 2nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Hey Sticka is it a bowl float? That's pretty easy to repair. And if you guys can hold off till next sat. on whiskey creek, I'd love to go and try it out.

No, it's the petcock on the gas tank. :mad:

Red Wasp
Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
No, it's the petcock on the gas tank. :mad:

No nees to start talking dirty...:evilgrin0013:

MikeinFresno
Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
stickers are now $53, good for 2 yrs, and you will have to pay late fees just like a car.