PDA

View Full Version : need a lil help!!!

gsx08
Aug 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I have a friend that is having trouble with his bike he says his bike gets up to 40mph and wont shift into the next gear and it shakes and will stay in in the same gear! any ideas???????:confused2:

GSXRMAN
Aug 26th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Check all the linkages including the clutch. Info on the bike would be helpful.

GSXRMAN
Aug 26th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Sounds like his gear linkage to the shifter is off though. I would try there first.

gsx08
Aug 26th, 2009, 05:56 PM
ok i will ask him to give some more info on the bike

chugs
Aug 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
try running the bike on a rear stand and see if u can shift thru the gears

GSXRMAN
Aug 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Like i said on the previous post though i would try the shift linkage with the shifter. Its probrablly off a little. Has he had it apart recently? Maybe laid it down?

gsx08
Aug 26th, 2009, 06:06 PM
94 zx900 he says he gets to 40-45 mph and it starts to shake it feels like it not getting gas but he had a tune up and dose not know what can be making the bike hold back on power given the bike had been sitting for two years. The shifter and everything is out he says everything looks to be good when comes to that other then that cant find out way it is not get that power it needs and way it is shaking.

GSXRMAN
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Yea this is something i would have to look at. It sounds like a couple of things but his carbs could be out of sync. When was the tune up done? When was the last time he rode the bike before the problem? Now if it has been two years I hope he drained the tank and doesnt have old gas in there. Also he needs to change the oil regardless if this is the case. Id change the spark plugs and make sure the carbs are in sync. If this has been sitting for two years id start there.

gsx08
Aug 28th, 2009, 02:53 AM
yeah from what i know he said the only thing he didnt do was clean out the tank when putting new gas other then that he had everything on the bike redone like a tune up and and cleaned he's crabs so yeah am thinking it must of been the gas and whatever was in the tank :confused2: