PDA

View Full Version : Crash video at Streets of willow

Blakester
Aug 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM
This happened at our trackday on aug. 8th. They were friends and had been dicing it up pretty good all session, I just sat back and watched. As you can see, one guy took a really bad line into turn 2 tucked his front and took out his buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDlEj0dLJ8

trackpimp
Aug 18th, 2009, 03:24 PM
taking out your buddy has got to be the worst ever!

I know at our event back in June.. 2 of our "trainee's" ended up down in turn 1 at Streets, after the one on the inside tucked the front, and washed out the dude on the outside with him. 1 ended up with a broken foot, the other with a collar-bone. BUMMER

Calkidd
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:00 PM
And look you stopped OFF the track to check on them. You are such a nice control rider.:evilgrin0013:

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:10 PM
And look you stopped OFF the track to check on them. You are such a nice control rider.:evilgrin0013:

:sleep:

Devlausdan
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:20 PM
It looked like Derik had to stop because the his path was blocked.

Blakester
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:54 PM
The guy that got taken out reinjured his knee that I had heard he just had surgery on after going down on his bike prior to this. SOmething about a quad took him out in the pits, not really sure of the whole story on it.

CRASH972
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM
That's a control rider I want when I ride.

Calkidd
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
:sleep:
Get it in while you can.

yoageallen
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:00 PM
The guy that got taken out reinjured his knee that I had heard he just had surgery on after going down on his bike prior to this. SOmething about a quad took him out in the pits, not really sure of the whole story on it.
I remember that. Sometimes you just need to heal before you go out and risk further injury. We are not being paid huge dollars to do this.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Get it in while you can.

Good edit.

yoageallen
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I think that is one of my biggest fears. Getting taken out by some one or taking some one out. That would be a major bummer.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I think that is one of my biggest fears. Getting taken out by some one or taking some one out. That would be a major bummer.

Totally agree.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:14 PM

4 real

Calkidd
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Good edit.it was only a few seconds old. You jumped the gun brotha just like I did.

Calkidd
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I think that is one of my biggest fears. Getting taken out by some one or taking some one out. That would be a major bummer.That's why you have to be faster than them. (the door is open come on in)

yoageallen
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
That's why you have to be faster than them. (the door is open come on in)
Speaking of some one that is gonna take some one out. ;) That ought ta close the door.:fun_83:

Blakester
Aug 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM

Yep, got taken out from behind at streets last oct. and it sucks cause now I think about it alot when I am on the track.:(

Devlausdan
Aug 18th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Yep, got taken out from behind at streets last oct. and it sucks cause now I think about it alot when I am on the track.:(

I think that any past bad experience that an individual has will always yield some type of caution flag in that person's mind. I'll be the first to say that I'm comfortable at every corner at BW except corner 3 and 4. Because of past a low side there (one that I can't really figure out what went wrong), I now tend to be more cautious of my bike angle and bp going through there, fearing another low side.

So I completely agree with Derik about past incidents playing into your mental state

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 19th, 2009, 07:36 AM
That's why you have to be faster than them. (the door is open come on in)

This is something I need to step it up on. My weakest point right now is on the brakes, so I'm pretty easy pickins, which gets me kinda paranoid.

Calkidd
Aug 19th, 2009, 07:45 AM
This is something I need to step it up on. My weakest point right now is on the brakes, so I'm pretty easy pickins, which gets me kinda paranoid.You're not alone, that is one of the most difficult techniques to master. I am so inconsistent I don't have the same braking markers going in to a given corner.

GSXRMAN
Aug 19th, 2009, 08:47 AM

Im with you on that one. Mainly by taking someone else out though not worried about the guy behind me cause he is way back there. ;)

bigdyang
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:02 AM
stay away from dan... he likes to elbow you out if you're too slow for him... :evilgrin0013:

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Im with you on that one. Mainly by taking someone else out though not worried about the guy behind me cause he is way back there. ;)

One of these days we gotta ride, and you better be fast or :pound:

:)

GSXRMAN
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:08 AM
One of these days we gotta ride, and you better be fast or :pound:

:)

Anytime and the same goes to you.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Anytime and the same goes to you.

Nah, I sell myself short. That way, everyone is amazed. :pound:

GSXRMAN
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Nah, I sell myself short. That way, everyone is amazed. :pound:

:rolleyes: I think they know ya by now. :popcorn:

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:13 AM
:rolleyes: I think they know ya by now. :popcorn:

Really? What's the word on the street?

GSXRMAN
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Im saying the riders on here. Im kinda surprised none of the riders around here have ridden with you. Well the ones i ride with anyways. So i guess if your doing the secret squirl stuff here it works. :confused2:

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Pho sho! :D

trackpimp
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Getting taken out totally sucks. I got taken out during a 600 race at Willow a few years back. it put us both in the hospital with nasty injuries. I had all the ribs on my left side busted, along with a bruised/collapsed lung on that side.. and dude that took me out got a really nasty busted humorous (not funny) which put him out of work for several months, and actually shortened the overall length of his arm by a couple of inches. Oh.. did I mention we're still buds.. he's actually an instructor dude at Ti2TT now. He also doesn't go on website's touting that he's a "Control Rider".:D

There's video of it online somewhere.. Let me see if I can find it.

Calkidd
Aug 19th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Getting taken out totally sucks. I got taken out during a 600 race at Willow a few years back. it put us both in the hospital with nasty injuries. I had all the ribs on my left side busted, along with a bruised/collapsed lung on that side.. and dude that took me out got a really nasty busted humorous (not funny) which put him out of work for several months, and actually shortened the overall length of his arm by a couple of inches. Oh.. did I mention we're still buds.. he's actually an instructor dude at Ti2TT now. He also doesn't go on website's touting that he's a "Control Rider".:D

You're killing me Smalls:pound:

Blakester
Aug 19th, 2009, 11:58 AM

Oh, I didn't realize that is who took you out, if I am thinking of the right person, I need to look at his arms this sunday at BW to see if one is shorter than the other...:rolleyes: I was able to get up and walk away from mine with a major concussion, brain sweilling, slight hemmoraging and permanent brain damage. I told the neuro doc, "Hey, you can't prove that I didn't have brain damage before" :weirdface: After talking to the guy who took me out, I don't think he had brain damage at all, he was just a dumbass.:mad: