PDA

View Full Version : BBQ'd R6 at Streets of Willow

Blakester
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I was out at Streets this past weekend and attended a trackday put on by Hypercycle, I got invited out to ride for free so I said what the heck. I will never ride with hypercycle again even if it is free. I don't want to blast them too bad but damn they are unorganized and they aren't aware of rider safety on the track. NO Control riders could be found, and they don't wear vests anyways. Here is a picture that can say it all, guy lowsides in turn 3 lays on the ground, then gets to his hands and knees and all the while there is alittle flame burning by his bike. He finally stands up and his bike erupts into a full blaze. No one stopped to help him, there policy is that control rider don't stop to help so if you are laying there and a bike is on top of you, you have to wait for the red flag to clear the track and a crash truck to get to you. The picture tells it all, he is all by himself watching his bike burn.

Blakester
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Also, if a CR would have stopped, they probaly could have thrown dirt on the small fire and saved the bike.

poach
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Aw man...poor guy.:sadbanana:

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
that SUCKSSSSSSSSSSS

GSXRMAN
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Thanx for the info. I feel sorry for that guy. Man that suxxxxx.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Yamaha's repeat buyer incentive...

mrlopez
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Well that sucks, remind me NOT to sign up with hypercycle org. :confused:

kidmoua
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:26 AM
kind of looks like Poach's avatar...

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I wonder if Hypercycle could use some extra help in trade for track time...........

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
kind of looks like Poach's avatar...

I wonder what brand of bike that was... :popcorn:

poach
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I don't recall.:D

kidmoua
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I wonder what brand of bike that was... :popcorn:

LOL

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:43 AM
How many riders were signed up? looks like the track was empty... or was it due to the red flag?

Blakester
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:38 PM
How many riders were signed up? looks like the track was empty... or was it due to the red flag?

Dude, it was sold out except for A group and this incident happened in B group. No one was on the track and it had been cleared for awhile, just no response so the dude just had to stand there by himself and watch his bike go up in flames.

kidmoua
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Dude, it was sold out except for A group and this incident happened in B group. No one was on the track and it had been cleared for awhile, just no response so the dude just had to stand there by himself and watch his bike go up in flames.

hopefully he's got good insurance

Stuntrdr943
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Bikes on fire are scary. never know when they will blow

poach
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
^^^yeah, if you look closely at the avatar you'll see I've got that "if this thing goes it's gonna blow my nutz into the next county" look on my face.

After I put it out and shared my concerns, I was told they never actually blow up. Coulda fooled me....

Calkidd
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:46 PM
That is just sad. I don't understand the whole policy about a CR not being able to stop. It would seem to me you need to be able to render medical aid as quickly as possible to a downed rider.

Chronic
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:01 PM
hopefully he's got good insurance

Will insurance even cover track accidents ?? I don't think so.......if,not, he'll have to perjer himself and lie. Which can have some bad downside if caught.

kidmoua
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Will insurance even cover track accidents ?? I don't think so.......if,not, he'll have to perjer himself and lie. Which can have some bad downside if caught.

why not?

dont ask me how I know

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
That is just sad. I don't understand the whole policy about a CR not being able to stop. It would seem to me you need to be able to render medical aid as quickly as possible to a downed rider.

Yeah, but how many are able or qualified to render medical aid?

Chronic
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:20 PM
why not?

dont ask me how I know

Do they ??? Or did ya tell them you slid out on some sand on Rd 600 ??:evilgrin0013:

poach
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Do they ??? Or did ya tell them you slid out on some sand on Rd 600 ??:evilgrin0013:

Most do. Some don't. Mine did back in 2001. No lying or misdirection whatsoever.

trackpimp
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Honestly.. Most CR's aren't qualified to give medical aid to anyone. Also.. Being a TrackDaz staff'er.. I wouldn't want to be stopping on the track anywhere. This is something we've seen from mostly NorCal based orgs.. but I'm not going to put myself in Harm's way for a downed rider/bike combo. Even though its not really what we do.. One of our guys is a registered nurse, and has actually laid his racebike on the ground and provided CPR for a dude who had just been run-over!

As for the guys bike burning. It may be the nearest corner station was too far away to get a bottle to it before it was already too late. I'm not really sure about that part.

kidmoua
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM

I told them I was riding at the racetrack when I went down. Insurance covered the bike and paid for a new helmet. The only thing they didn't cover was my suit.

Devlausdan
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I have an idea. If corner workers are too far to render help such as water, why not have CR strap on small 8-10" long portable fire extinquishers?

Stuntrdr943
Aug 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM
By looking at the picture it looks as if the corner worker wasnt even paying attention and he wasnt to far off from helping. :confused2:

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 17th, 2009, 03:41 PM
weren't we just talking about Yamaha's burning. CR must of be a Gsxr rider.

GSXRMAN
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Well trackdaz does run a good crew i would have to say. I agree with the cr not stopping on the track for another rider. Seriously its not safe and could make matters worse.

Calkidd
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah, but how many are able or qualified to render medical aid?

Honestly.. Most CR's aren't qualified to give medical aid to anyone. Also.. Being a TrackDaz staff'er.. I wouldn't want to be stopping on the track anywhere. This is something we've seen from mostly NorCal based orgs.. but I'm not going to put myself in Harm's way for a downed rider/bike combo. Even though its not really what we do.. One of our guys is a registered nurse, and has actually laid his racebike on the ground and provided CPR for a dude who had just been run-over!

As for the guys bike burning. It may be the nearest corner station was too far away to get a bottle to it before it was already too late. I'm not really sure about that part.I don't think being "qualified" has anything to do with giving medical aid, also known as "good samaritan." I didn't say to start an IV or render a tracheotomy.:rolleyes:

Let's say the rider is bleeding and to simply apply pressure is enough medical aid to keep him from further harm. But to let said rider sit out there bleeding waiting for EMS with no other "staff" stopping waiting for a red flag sounds a little absurd. Being a control rider is just that, you are there to control the riders whether it be in a good or bad situation. I would think stopping on the track to assist another rider who has gone down should be expected of a control rider. Besides, stopping on the track is dangerous, but if you give the proper signals and are aware of your surroundings you can minimize that danger.

trackpimp
Aug 17th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I don't think being "qualified" has anything to do with giving medical aid, also known as "good samaritan." I didn't say to start an IV or render a tracheotomy.:rolleyes:

Let's say the rider is bleeding and to simply apply pressure is enough medical aid to keep him from further harm. But to let said rider sit out there bleeding waiting for EMS with no other "staff" stopping waiting for a red flag sounds a little absurd. Being a control rider is just that, you are there to control the riders whether it be in a good or bad situation. I would think stopping on the track to assist another rider who has gone down should be expected of a control rider. Besides, stopping on the track is dangerous, but if you give the proper signals and are aware of your surroundings you can minimize that danger.

The situation you describe is very RARE... Like as in, I can count on 1 hand with many fingers left over the number of those I've seen in the nearly 10 years TrackDaz has been in business. No matter what signals etc.. You wouldn't catch me stopping on the track. In theory, your idea may work.. but you're not factoring it how other people will react in an emergency situation. That being said.. We do things the way we feel is the safest/fastest way.. But other orgs have different opinions. Are those wrong? I'm not to say.

Big Kahuna
Aug 17th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I don't know what all the fuss is about, it was only a Yamaha... :evilgrin0013:

ES13Raven
Aug 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I don't know what all the fuss is about, it was only a Yamaha... :evilgrin0013:

Easy!!! ;)

A Ninja Boot
Aug 17th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Doesn't look to bad, nothing a little sand paper and paint won't fix.:D

Chronic
Aug 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Doesn't look to bad, nothing a little sand paper and paint won't fix.:D

Yeah ! Has the makings of a nice Rat Bike........

yoageallen
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Wouldn't that corner worker have an extinguisher? What is he doing just standing there? I have heard from two separate people that was an awful track day with poor organization. Come pay to go to my track day but you are on your own if something happens. That should sell lots of track days for sure. I understand that the bike is the last thing to take care of as far as safety. But letting it burn to the ground. come on?! It is a lot easier to buy more track days when you don't have to purchase another bike. The R6 is notorious for grinding a hole in the tank where the plastic cover meets the metal tank. I would highly recommend installing a tank slider that mounts to this are to prevent fuel tank perforation. http://www.eti-fuelcel.com/r6g.html

Calkidd
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:43 PM
The situation you describe is very RARE... Like as in, I can count on 1 hand with many fingers left over the number of those I've seen in the nearly 10 years TrackDaz has been in business. No matter what signals etc.. You wouldn't catch me stopping on the track. In theory, your idea may work.. but you're not factoring it how other people will react in an emergency situation. That being said.. We do things the way we feel is the safest/fastest way.. But other orgs have different opinions. Are those wrong? I'm not to say.I am not doubting your experience, but I would not want to be the first CR to pass by an accident only to find out the rider had bled out or moved his neck and now is paralyzed.

As far as I am concerned that is a control rider's job. If you don't like stopping on the track then pay like the rest and just ride.

PapaBear
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I don't think being "qualified" has anything to do with giving medical aid, also known as "good samaritan." I didn't say to start an IV or render a tracheotomy.:rolleyes:

:word: as a track rider I would be pissed:mad2: if I laid my bike down and needed assistance of any type and a cr just passed me without bothering to stop and see if I was okay. I feel comfortable riding with organizations that have and will take care of their customers in need of help.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
^^^
Lets not let us forget, Calkidd is a control rider now :p :D

Calkidd
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:54 PM
^^^
Lets not let us forget, Calkidd is a control rider now :p :DOH, yeah I forgot to preface that in my post.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
OH, yeah I forgot to preface that in my post.

LoL!!!!

trackpimp
Aug 18th, 2009, 08:48 AM
As far as I am concerned that is a control rider's job. If you don't like stopping on the track then pay like the rest and just ride.

Wow dude.. Someone remind me to forward this thread to Aaron/Matt:rolleyes:

Blakester
Aug 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Well, I only posted what I did cause I felt the track provider was not in control of the trackday at all. The crash responses were horrible and C group only got 3 laps during there first session before they went out again at 11:40 for another. The lack of control riders, I feel, was cause of alot of the crashes, they didn't even do a sighting lap for B or C group. I understand the reason's for not having CR's stop on the track and it is kind of an ongoing thing, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. It was more if the CR's are not responsible to stop then the cornerworkers and crash track needs to respond and take control of the situations on the track and that quite frankly was not the case with this organization. It was freaking chaos and most felt alittle unsafe out there, especially the new riders I brought along with me and some others that were attending that day that I spoke with. For instance, Ti2TT and Trackdaz both run there trackdays alittle different, Ti2TT CR's stop at crash scenes and are taught how to control the situation whereas Trackdaz don't but they have good cornerworkers and crash truck workers that respond quickly. Is one way better than the other, no one knows, but I know if you ride with either of these companies or most other companies out there you will feel safe and have a great track experience. Also, I had stated that hypercycle control riders don't wear vests, like we do at Ti2TT but I forgot to mention that neither does Trackdaz but if you have ever ridden with them, there damn NJK Trackdaz logo'd suits stick out like a sore thumb, so it is like there are wearing a vest cause they are easily spotted, whereas hypercycle guys, the few cr's they had, wore all different suits and you just couldn't figure out who was who. I hope I cleared up some stuff and when I posted this thread I did not know it would cause so much turmoil.

trackpimp
Aug 18th, 2009, 11:41 AM
That's it.. We'll settle this by Naked Flat-Trackin' at Chris's house!:haha:

Calkidd
Aug 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Wow dude.. Someone remind me to forward this thread to Aaron/Matt:rolleyes:Why forward it, when I am sure both of them have read this thread.

trackpimp
Aug 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM
as for the BBQ at the streets.. That really sux for that dude. someone on another forum sent me this info on that event. They were pretty pissed off.. It pretty much echo's Derek's post to a T.

....Just a bad day all together. People where running into each other, bikes catching on fire. There wheren't enough staff for the amount of new riders in C group and to include C group being way over booked.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 18th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Yep, read the same on another forum. From a rider that was hit by said bbq R6 rider!

Devlausdan
Aug 18th, 2009, 03:48 PM
So far, I only ride with:

Trackdaz at WSIR, SOW, BW. Awesome guys. Awesome group. Nice to know that they know you buy name.

Ti2tt at BW. Cool dudes. Lots of CR. Lots of help.

Zoomzoom at TH. Well run and very professional group. And especially riding at a killer track.

LetsRideTrackdays at BW. Cool once they removed some riders in B back down to C group.

and

SierraSportsBike at RFR. Never again.

I'm a creature of habit, so I'll keep riding with these cool stand out orgs that's proven to provide a successful track day.

Blakester
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Yep, read the same on another forum. From a rider that was hit by said bbq R6 rider!

Really, what did the dude say? Cause if it is the same guy he was telling everyone he was hit they the guy bounced off him and hit a girl and then the R6 rider went down. I spoke with him and the girl about it and the chicks left leg of her leathers were rashed alittle, good save on her part for sure, but others behind them say that the R6 rider was hit and was knocked into the girl. Either way, it was a trackday and stuff happens and if it wasn't for the fire it would have been another minor crash at the track.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:28 PM
It was the girl on the CBR that posted. She wasn't real happy, she had just got her bike all back together again from a spill at BW.

Blakester
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:33 PM
It was the girl on the CBR that posted. She wasn't real happy, she had just got her bike all back together again from a spill at BW.

Yep, that's her, but really her bike didn't look damaged, I think her tail section got cracked on the side by the seat but it looked like it had been recently repaired and didn't look real good in the first place, either way, she got lucky to stay up.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Yep, that's her, but really her bike didn't look damaged, I think her tail section got cracked on the side by the seat but it looked like it had been recently repaired and didn't look real good in the first place, either way, she got lucky to stay up.

Brand new paint job and the tail got cracked. Not as bas as it coulda been, but not as nice as it was.

kidmoua
Aug 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM
So far, I only ride with:

Trackdaz at WSIR, SOW, BW. Awesome guys. Awesome group. Nice to know that they know you buy name. Ti2tt at BW. Cool dudes. Lots of CR. Lots of help.

Zoomzoom at TH. Well run and very professional group. And especially riding at a killer track.

LetsRideTrackdays at BW. Cool once they removed some riders in B back down to C group.

and

SierraSportsBike at RFR. Never again.

I'm a creature of habit, so I'll keep riding with these cool stand out orgs that's proven to provide a successful track day.

after a couple of crashes, they'll eventaully know you by name..

dont ask me how I know :D

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 19th, 2009, 07:38 AM

Being well known can definitely be good OR bad. :pound:

GSXRMAN
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Ive only been out with trackdaz so far and have to say they run a good group there. Definitely would ride with them again any time. Ti2TT i will be running with them for the first time on the 23rd but from what people say im glad im going with them as they sound like another great group.

kidmoua
Aug 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Ive only been out with trackdaz so far and have to say they run a good group there. Definitely would ride with them again any time. Ti2TT i will be running with them for the first time on the 23rd but from what people say im glad im going with them as they sound like another great group.

you can't go wrong with these two group.. I've done plenty of td with both group and I'm happy everytime

trackpimp
Aug 19th, 2009, 11:47 AM

hey.. someone has to remind you who you are:evilgrin0013:

kidmoua
Aug 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM
hey.. someone has to remind you who you are:evilgrin0013:

hey, I knew who I was and where I was at and what day it was. It's those two dumba$$ medic in the ambulance that I was worried about.. the new guy was getting yelled at cause he didn't know how to rip the tape.. and they lost the key to the cabinet that all the good drugs was in.. |3itches

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 19th, 2009, 12:16 PM
hey, I knew who I was and where I was at and what day it was. It's those two dumba$$ medic in the ambulance that I was worried about.. the new guy was getting yelled at cause he didn't know how to rip the tape.. and they lost the key to the cabinet that all the good drugs was in.. |3itches

Were they able to get your suit off or did they have to cut it?

trackpimp
Aug 19th, 2009, 12:19 PM

The badgers at the suit!:evilgrin0013:

kidmoua
Aug 19th, 2009, 12:28 PM

medic asked me if i wanted him to try and take it off or cut it off..I didn't know how bad my shoulder was so i told him to cut it off..he cut from my arm all the way to my chest..but when I got to the ER, doc cut from the bottom all the way up..doc even cut my boxer..I didn't see the need for that:p

The badgers at the suit!:evilgrin0013:

hella werd

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 19th, 2009, 01:37 PM
medic asked me if i wanted him to try and take it off or cut it off..I didn't know how bad my shoulder was so i told him to cut it off..he cut from my arm all the way to my chest..but when I got to the ER, doc cut from the bottom all the way up..doc even cut my boxer..I didn't see the need for that:p

hella werd

bummer

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM
It's ok, cuz he aint gonna ride anymore anyways... :rolleyes:

kidmoua
Aug 19th, 2009, 01:56 PM
It's ok, cuz he aint gonna ride anymore anyways... :rolleyes:

..although, the A* race replica looks really nice... :evilgrin0013:

and the new SiDI is sweeet

yoageallen
Aug 19th, 2009, 08:04 PM