PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

Mr.C
Aug 15th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Hello from Visalia. I joined last night and wanted to get my first post out of the way. I just got my bike a few months ago, a 89 R100GS so I'm still in the process of learning my limits. Right now I'm happy staying up-right and being safe! Anyways, I hope to learn from the veterans around here and beat the newb stats.
Later

nik
Aug 15th, 2009, 06:34 AM
:01welcome7jb:

Chronic
Aug 15th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Ahhh, yes, Grasshopper. You've come to the correct place. We will teach you the way.:D

That..........and - :01welcome7jb:

Jester
Aug 15th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Ahhh, yes, Grasshopper. You've come to the correct place. We will teach you the way.:D

That..........and - :01welcome7jb:Forget us, have you taken the MSF class yet? That's really the first step when getting your first bike.

Welcome and Many Happy Miles!

J

WhiteHotGSXR
Aug 15th, 2009, 07:39 AM
MSF is the way to go. but i am sure that you can find some rides around here that will help you lean. welcome to the forum.

Mr.C
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone! I am going to take the class. I thought of cheaping out and tried the ring behind the DMV after hours and there is no way I could stay in those lines. I can't imagine how anybody, aside from a scooter could do that.
I'm in it for the long haul so anything that will help, I'll do it.

CRASH972
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM

Sticka
Aug 15th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Welcome. :beer:

wildbear
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the board. Moto safety should always be top of the list.

SyKoTiK
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forum

Stuntrdr943
Aug 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Welcome!

GSXRMAN
Aug 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM
welcome

PurpRider
Aug 15th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hello, Robert. Welcome. I've been riding for almost 2 years and still can't stay between those lines.

I am going to take the class. I thought of cheaping out and tried the ring behind the DMV after hours and there is no way I could stay in those lines. I can't imagine how anybody, aside from a scooter could do that.

KDOG
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone! I am going to take the class. I thought of cheaping out and tried the ring behind the DMV after hours and there is no way I could stay in those lines. I can't imagine how anybody, aside from a scooter could do that.

My wife and I used our Honda Metroploitan Scooters when it was legal to do so. Now it has to be at least 150 cc's now.

KDOG
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Welcome Robert. :)

montibank
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Right now I'm happy staying up-right and being safe!

Been riding ... 5 years off and on? More if you count 3-wheelers when I was in grade school I guess. I still feel the same way. Any day I don't fall is a good day!

Welcome!

~

Michael

abnab
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:48 PM

I sure was happy that I owned a dual sport KTM when it was time to take the dmv test. Sure made staying inside that ring a whole lot more manageable!
Welcome aboard Mr.C

chugs
Aug 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
welcome aboard!:D

deathbug74
Aug 15th, 2009, 11:14 PM

LOL..I did the same with the intent of pushing MSF off a bit, and same story..couldn't stay in the lines to save my life.

I lagged on calling back, so I missed getting into MSF for this weekend, but I'm in for a couple weeks from now.

That aside, from one noob to another, Welcome! :D

sivad87
Aug 15th, 2009, 11:43 PM
welcome!

All you need to pass the dmv test is some seat time with your moto and some training at slow speed manuvers. ive done many parking lot cone practices and practiced at the dmv for 2 days and aced my test. its fairly easy to stay in the lines if you know what your doing. if not then its hell!

L2fly
Aug 16th, 2009, 12:54 AM

Mr.C
Aug 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM
welcome!

All you need to pass the dmv test is some seat time with your moto and some training at slow speed manuvers. ive done many parking lot cone practices and practiced at the dmv for 2 days and aced my test. its fairly easy to stay in the lines if you know what your doing. if not then its hell!

Once again thanks everybody for the welcome.
Man....don't give this cheapskate any ideas! I think the class is one thing I need to invest in. Then again :idea: if I turn down the idle, I may be able to....

Jester
Aug 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Then again :idea: if I turn down the idle, I may be able to....NO, no, no, no. no! :willy_nilly::doh:

The class it the best $ you will ever spend on motorcycling. The coaches there are trained to spot bad habits and fix them before they become problems for you on the street.

Now for gear, You can start with a helmet, gloves, a long sleeved shirt, jeans, and hightop sneakers and be somewhat protected for your initial riding, but as your skills grow, so should your collection of suitable riding gear.

soeurm
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Learn the correct riding position first. Welcome to CVR!