PDA

View Full Version : 19S09 forest road

the_g_couple
Aug 1st, 2009, 07:53 AM
has anyone ridden this? i have but only up to dillonwood grove.i started off balch park road and blue ridge was wondering if it some how connected back to the 198? anyway i will be going up there again soon so if no one knows i will post when i find out ...thanks mikeG

soeurm
Aug 1st, 2009, 06:43 PM
From Dillonwood grove head north about 1.5 mile. You will get to a trail called S Fork Kaweah Tr. Go west about 4.5 miles you will see a Ranger Station:-South Fork and a Campground. There's a road west of the Station called S Fork Dr. Follow that rd west untill you hit 198.

the_g_couple
Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:35 AM
i will try that...do you know of any restrictions on riding dual sport on thoses roads? we have the park pass.that would be cool if we could make the loop from springville all the around and back...thanks for the info because it dosent show on my maps mikeG

montibank
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Ask Daytona_Rider or SteveLee5 they both know the DS trails pretty well I think. Tarmacter may know as well.

~

Michael

sivad87
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:51 PM
i havent ridden this but i have taken the car up that way geocaching. Looks like it would be a fun road to dirt bike up and is needed in some places due to rocks and such in the path. last time we went was after a storm so there were many felled branches in the way and wish i would have brought the chainsaw.

Once you get to the bridge theres a cool geocache up there which only me, my wife, my mom, my dad and 2 friends have found due to us being the only brave enough to hike/offroad up to it.

the_g_couple
Aug 16th, 2009, 06:36 AM
thanks all for the info .i never thought about there being a geocache up there..there isnt any trees down but the road is very washed out with some deep ruts...was tell my wife Karin about it and she wanted to go see for herself.i told her i didnt think her or her bike would make it all the way to dillonwood well she did it bottomed out in a few spots and i had to help her in a few but she made it...didnt fall ove once,till when we turned around to comeback down, flat ground ,and a little sand and right on over she picked her bike up and away we went.she was riding her little 250 honda rebel with stock tires i`ll you she has a great command of that little bike...