PDA

View Full Version : i need some help with my gsxr....

chromefonica
Jul 26th, 2009, 11:01 AM
whenever i first put a load on my bike, it makes like a chatter sound and shakes a little bit. at first i thought maybe my chain was dry, was do for a cleaning and lube anyways. i lubed the chain and it still did it. so i adjusted the chain because it was about due for that too. no results. if i put it up on my rearstand, and put it in gear and let the clutch out, its fine. but then when i put some pressure on the rear brake to simulate bike and rider weight, it shakes and chatters. is this a clutch problem or maybe a tranny problem or something? i'm stumped :confused2:

Handyman
Jul 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
This sounds like a clutch issue... how many miles do you have on your current clutch?? mine chatters in neutral but it's a dry clutch...could you be low on fluids??

chugs
Jul 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
what in particular is shaking and chattering can u pinpoint the area?

chromefonica
Jul 26th, 2009, 05:22 PM
what in particular is shaking and chattering can u pinpoint the area?

coming from engine compartment somewhere.

chromefonica
Jul 26th, 2009, 05:34 PM
This sounds like a clutch issue... how many miles do you have on your current clutch?? mine chatters in neutral but it's a dry clutch...could you be low on fluids??

i was thinking clutch too. as far as i know, it is the stock clutch. the sound is coming from the left side of the engine though, the clutch is on the right. what i am thinking, hopefully i am wrong, but it sounds like a tranny problem.

chromefonica
Jul 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
i just got off the phone with Jan. he said that the grooves on my front sprocket may be elongated from hard riding and wheelies, and that is causing my chain to bind up. so i am going to check that out. till then, no more riding. :(

chromefonica
Jul 29th, 2009, 04:11 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED! just took it for a test ride, it was exactly what Jan said. thank you Jan for the experienced knowledge!