PDA

View Full Version : Millwood to Hume

MikeinFresno
Jul 13th, 2009, 12:05 PM
did a ride up that way on Sun, it was marketed as a dual sport ride and did fit the bill, mostly dirt roads and a couple of trails. The guys knew where they were, I sure didnt.
Got a flat front where there had been a fold in the tube since mounting at the rim lock. Finally wore a hole thru it. Put on a patch and with help it got pinched going back together. So took the wheel off and put a new tube in and off we went.
The dust was REAL BAD. If only 2-3 it would have been tolerable, but we had 12 of us along. If it is wet the next time Im invited I would try it again, but I dont think I would other wise.

soeurm
Jul 13th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Wow, glad you made it back home safe. Tires kit come in handy :D Did you get any pic?

MikeinFresno
Jul 13th, 2009, 03:48 PM
some of the other guys were clicking some shots and video. They may have a shot of my wife falling off in the creek.

just ride
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Try tubeless!!! No flats since!
Matt

Jett
Jul 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I'll try to get the pics and footage up here shortly. This will be a big task for me. I think i still have dust in my eyes and ears.

MikeinFresno
Jul 14th, 2009, 05:49 PM
My sinuses had dirt come out the next morning

MikeinFresno
Jul 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
where are the pics??:confused2:

tr1200
Sep 16th, 2009, 05:07 PM
MikeinFresno-
Recognize the handle from another site. Nice area and in my "backyard". If you want another go with 2-3 riders let me know. There's lots after Hume that I have yet to really explore (south and east of there, just outside park boundaries).

I'm on a 2005 Husaberg 550; should keep up with KTM:D.

Cheers-
TOM

montibank
Sep 16th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I'll try to get the pics and footage up here shortly. This will be a big task for me. I think i still have dust in my eyes and ears.

Tanner - this wasn't us was it? I am cornfused. I think this was a different ride, unless this was the guy that was Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out front. I don't remember anyone pinch flatting.

Sounds like a fun ride (minus the flat).

Mike - I will have that exhaust tonight for sure. You want to pick it up for the weekend? Gimmie a holler - PM sent with phone #.

MikeinFresno-
Recognize the handle from another site. Nice area and in my "backyard". If you want another go with 2-3 riders let me know. There's lots after Hume that I have yet to really explore (south and east of there, just outside park boundaries).

I'm on a 2005 Husaberg 550; should keep up with KTM:D.

Cheers-
TOM
Dont let em fool ya "should keep up" translates to will leave it behind. That bike is faaaaaaaaaaaaaast.
TR1200 - I'll take the third slot if yer not too mad about be bustin yer footpeg off in Rubicon. I still feel bad about that. If you have yet to get a spring holler and I will pick one up for you.

~

Michael

tr1200
Sep 16th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Monti-
Hell no I'm not mad. Let's ride. I still need some minor work on the Berg, but have the XR and the big 1000cc sumo:D in the meantime.

HST

MikeinFresno
Sep 16th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I like single track with some difficulty, doesnt have to be gnarly, but not just dirt roads. Are you saying there is some of that up there?

tr1200
Sep 22nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
I like single track with some difficulty, doesnt have to be gnarly, but not just dirt roads. Are you saying there is some of that up there?

Some but mostly FS roads. Some was doubletrack that's not seen four wheels fro a while. 80% is FS roads.

Tom

montibank
Sep 22nd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Mike - I got that exhaust collecting debris in my garage. Come'n'get it heh.

~

Michael

MikeinFresno
Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
I can laTER TODAY IN THE AFTERNOON OR TOMORROW