PDA

View Full Version : CVR dirt bike ride?

Mooney 78865
Jun 29th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Anyone up for a dirty bike ride? I'm thinking 007 and the like. Was out last weekend and was pretty much what I expected...dusty. But what the hell. Beats the heat in the valley.
I did manage to find Chicken rock, I don't care if it is granite, and there is "plenty" of traction, "Homie" don't go straight down for 50 feet, or up for that matter. Saw two guys that did though, didn't change my mind any, but it was impressive.
Anyway, I figure we could do quite a bit of single track and make a day of it. Do a couple loops have lunch etc. Can make it as hard or easy as we feel depending on the mood.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 29th, 2009, 05:14 PM
My 125 is almost fixed. Could still use a couple more things but plan a date and hopefully I can make it.

Mooney 78865
Jun 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
You tell me, I'm ready.....

chromefonica
Jun 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
all i have to ride is a 2000 KX500.

Mooney 78865
Jun 29th, 2009, 08:39 PM
all i have to ride is a 2000 KX500.
I hear those things are a beast to kick!:evilgrin0013: If you can start it, let's do it!

up in smoke
Jun 29th, 2009, 08:58 PM
i might be up for a little trail riding.

chromefonica
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:59 AM
I hear those things are a beast to kick!:evilgrin0013: If you can start it, let's do it!

oh i can start it. i can man-handle that bike pretty well. it still gets away from me from time to time though.

mrlopez
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:17 AM
oh i can start it. i can man-handle that bike pretty well. it still gets away from me from time to time though.

I had a cr500 I never had a problem starting it, but eveyone else did :evilgrin0013:

up in smoke
Jun 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I had a cr500 I never had a problem starting it, but eveyone else did :evilgrin0013:

i had a yz 490 . i remember i would ride it all day,crash from exhaustion then i would have a hard time starting it.

i bet that cr was hard to start after you would roll it out of the garage every 6 month's to dust it off.:evilgrin0013:

mrlopez
Jun 30th, 2009, 07:22 AM
i had a yz 490 . i remember i would ride it all day,crash from exhaustion then i would have a hard time starting it.

i bet that cr was hard to start after you would roll it out of the garage every 6 month's to dust it off.:evilgrin0013:

Even after months of seating I never had a problem starting it up, only time was when it was running hot then I dump it only then it was a pain, I need to see how the wr400 is but it suppose to be the same way once it's hot and kill it it's a pain they said

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 30th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I pretty much totaled the complete front end on my bike last time i rode it but I have replaced everything thanks to Ebay.
The new forks I got are Race-tech so I hope I dont have any issues on how they were set up. All i need now is a new back rim (Current one has a paddle and I want to leave it that way), a fresh top end and new rubbers.

Jett
Jun 30th, 2009, 09:49 AM
When and where are you wanting to ride?

kidmoua
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM
man, I need to get me a dirty bike.. for my size and weight, a 50 should be perfect

chromefonica
Jun 30th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Even after months of seating I never had a problem starting it up, only time was when it was running hot then I dump it only then it was a pain, I need to see how the wr400 is but it suppose to be the same way once it's hot and kill it it's a pain they said

the KX starts 1st or 2nd kick almost every time. no matter how long it sits, or even when i wreck.

GreeNug
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM
When and where are you wanting to ride?

He is talking 007 so it would have to be up central camp road to start.

As for when, I'm up for a ride the weekend after MotoGp sooo like the 11th or 12th of July?? We have been riding a bit east of there lately and have been finding some killer single track but if knows of some good single track up central camp road besides the 007's I'm def. game to do some exploring. :dblthumb2:

When will work with most everyone else?

MikeinFresno
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:45 PM
it rained up there today:)

Ive got a dual sport ride on Sun the 12th so cant go then.

Mooney, are you gonna give up the SSS trails??

Ive been 3 times in 4 weeks, crashed last trip two weeks ago and bruised the heck out of my thigh. 53mi and I crash 3 mi from getting back to the truck. Better the last 3 than the first 3 tho. Got cross rutted on a downhill tree root. SLAM!!

Mooney 78865
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM
it rained up there today:)

Ive got a dual sport ride on Sun the 12th so cant go then.

Mooney, are you gonna give up the SSS trails??

Ive been 3 times in 4 weeks, crashed last trip two weeks ago and bruised the heck out of my thigh. 53mi and I crash 3 mi from getting back to the truck. Better the last 3 than the first 3 tho. Got cross rutted on a downhill tree root. SLAM!!
Nope, only what is already out there. I don't know any of the SSS trails...:evilgrin0013:

MikeinFresno
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:19 PM
good deal, Im getting to that place in my heart too, SSS forever!!

Deadeye
Jul 2nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
I'm down let me know plz if there is going to be a dirt bike ride. I have a 450rmz 07

MikeinFresno
Jul 4th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Dan, anything yet?

Mooney 78865
Jul 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Dan, anything yet?
Not yet, work has got in the way again. The new boat dosen't help either when it's 105 out......

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:28 AM
All i need is a new back tire, wheel bearings, and chain & sprocket! Any idea when this the CVR dirt bike ride will be and possibly where?

Mooney 78865
Jul 9th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Probably later in the month, as to where, we will see who has what sticker, Red or Green. I'm Red.

mrlopez
Jul 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Probably later in the month, as to where, we will see who has what sticker, Red or Green. I'm Red.

Well I'm green and street legal :D

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:08 PM
green here

chromefonica
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:33 PM
not registered

JonJon
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Red :mad:

GsxR1000Ryda
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:44 PM
im going to pismo next weekend. Dune and camp it up

MikeinFresno
Jul 13th, 2009, 12:14 PM
the forest is getting real dusty, we need a good rain and then go the next day.

Mooney 78865
Jul 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
the forest is getting real dusty, we need a good rain and then go the next day.
I agree, especially if there are more than two bikes!

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 11th, 2009, 12:23 PM
So whats up. My 125 is ready to go! Lets RIDE!!!

chromefonica
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:40 PM
So whats up. My 125 is ready to go! Lets RIDE!!!

now you're bike is ready to go, and now i have to rebuild the top end on mine.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:45 PM
now you're bike is ready to go, and now i have to rebuild the top end on mine.

lol, lemme guess, Pismo??

Well let me know because ive been itching to catch some air time. Enough of this knee dragging...........

mrlopez
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:45 PM
So any ideas, where to go ride?

chromefonica
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:47 PM
lol, lemme guess, Pismo??

Well let me know because ive been itching to catch some air time. Enough of this knee dragging...........

no, its had piston knock for a while now. i've just ignored it because i don't have the money to fix it... and i still don't. so i've decided not to ride it anymore until its built.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:47 PM
So any ideas, where to go ride?

how about Miami trails?

mrlopez
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM
how about Miami trails?
I was thinking something like dinkey creek area

chromefonica
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM

miami trails is wwwaaaaaaaayyyyyy more fun!

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM

Im down for dinky. Lil closer. lets plan somethin for next month

Red Wasp
Aug 11th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Im down as long as its on a weekend, I have never rode dinky but Im not a big fan of miami cuz there isnt really enough room for my bike to seem to streach its legs, last time I was up there it seemed like I came home with more scratches on my arms than anything.

MikeinFresno
Aug 11th, 2009, 08:22 PM
thats what woods riding is tho, slow n tight, technical :D

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM
The last time I rode Miami I was on my kx80 and had about 2 months of experience. I learned how to ride really quick. Lets go to Miami!

chromefonica
Aug 12th, 2009, 07:43 PM
thats what woods riding is tho, slow n tight, technical :D

there are a bunch of trails at miami that have places to open it up. you just have to be good at it.

Red Wasp
Aug 12th, 2009, 07:53 PM
well damn i didnt know it was cap on the guy who doesnt like miami day...:popcorn:

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 13th, 2009, 10:09 AM
So you guys wana plan something out for September at Miami?

mrlopez
Aug 13th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Uhmm so far not that much interested on Miami but will see, like I said I rather go to dinkey area, but it's been years since I been there need a guide, what did you say Mike? :rolleyes:

chromefonica
Aug 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
well damn i didnt know it was cap on the guy who doesnt like miami day...:popcorn:

i'm just messing with you man. i do really like miami though. its a great place for the 500

MikeinFresno
Aug 14th, 2009, 09:17 AM
as soon as it rains Im ready

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 14th, 2009, 09:18 AM

Ok, we will wait for the first rain then plan accordingly

mrlopez
Aug 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM

Cool, but any idea how soon will get rain?

MikeinFresno
Aug 14th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I already did the dance, must've had the wrong step or something since it didnt work, :confused2:hmmmm, trying again, I think I know what I did wrong.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 14th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Do i need a certain tool to replace wheel bearings?

mrlopez
Aug 14th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Do i need a certain tool to replace wheel bearings?

Yes big huge hammer :evilgrin0013: I got one

MikeinFresno
Aug 15th, 2009, 02:51 AM
some have clips, some have screw in holders, just have to be bike specific for the wheels.

montibank
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Just got home with motor... Maybe I can jump in on the fun.

~

Michael

mrlopez
Aug 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Just got home with motor... Maybe I can jump in on the fun.

~

Michael

Cool glad you got your bike going

iroc-zman
Aug 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
im ready for this ride whenever. lookin forward to it

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 16th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Besides my Wheel bearings, Is there any other bearings that need to be replace or cleaned?

mrlopez
Aug 16th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Besides my Wheel bearings, Is there any other bearings that need to be replace or cleaned?

maybe Your steering bearings

MikeinFresno
Aug 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
and rear susp linkage bearings, that is usually where a squeak starts. Watch the steering bearings, some are loose balls in there and will fall out and bounce to the black hole in the garage. I put a towel on the floor to catch them.

montibank
Aug 16th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Rear suspension bearings disappear easily too. Actually - they are the only reason I haven't started my bike tonight. Not going to put the exhaust on and shock in then take em back out to mount it.

Darn things bounced right out when it tipped over on the stand in the garage the other day. DOH! I lost 4 of em.

~

Michael

MikeinFresno
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:39 AM
you talking swingarm or shock top n bottom?

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:44 AM
My bike has been sitting for quite some time and has seen several trips to pismo, So let me get this right. I should replace my wheel bearings, steering wearings and swingarm bearings. Any thing I should consider, just to make sure every thing is fresh

MikeinFresno
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:59 PM
no, you dont have to replace them, just clean and grease them, omly if you think it needs to be done at all that is. If you were in the water I would do it. If its just the sand then probly do it. You wont know if they need to be replaced til you get it apart.

Jett
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Well Monti, do you have that orange bike of yours out on the trail yet?

iroc-zman
Aug 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
hey anyone up for a ride tuesday or wednesday, let me know (559)760-9609

montibank
Aug 30th, 2009, 02:52 PM
you talking swingarm or shock top n bottom?

Actually swingarm pivot/rear motor mount bearnings. Got it all fixed.

Well Monti, do you have that orange bike of yours out on the trail yet?

Yup fixed as of last friday, I have put 200 miles on it since break in completed.

Ment to drop by the shop'n say hi but I been busting my arse to make up brownie points so I can ride. I am considering a ride Friday... but not sure yet. My wife is going to be leaving town on friday - I will have to rush home from any riding friday to get her... I always worry about getting hurt/lost when I have to get her later in the day. If she is with family they will be fine, but not daycare. I will drop by the shop sometime this week.

~

Michael

mrlopez
Sep 1st, 2009, 12:02 PM
I think we need a poll for this ride, I'm thinking sep 12 or 13 weekend or the following weekend sep 19 or 20? What did you guys think?

MikeinFresno
Sep 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
I cant go either of those, already have plans, and its still too hot, dry n dusty.

GreeNug
Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
I think we need a poll for this ride, I'm thinking sep 12 or 13 weekend or the following weekend sep 19 or 20? What did you guys think?

To hell with the dust and heat I need to ride my dirtbike! I just got my new bars mounted and need to see how she feels. I can get out either weekend either day or even both weekends either day, Ha. Lemme know when and where you wanna go Sergio I'll ride with ya. What type of dirt do you like to ride Serg? Single track trails or?? I don't know all that many but I can show you a few of the SSS's :D.

mrlopez
Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
To hell with the dust and heat I need to ride my dirtbike! I just got my new bars mounted and need to see how she feels. I can get out either weekend either day or even both weekends either day, Ha. Lemme know when and where you wanna go Sergio I'll ride with ya. What type of dirt do you like to ride Serg? Single track trails or?? I don't know all that many but I can show you a few of the SSS's :D.

I'll stick to beggining trails since it's been years without rideing dirtbike give me a few days to decide because bike it's convert it to supermoto right now and I have a electrical problem trying to figure out.

iroc-zman
Sep 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM

hey im up for a ride whenever, i usually work weekends so that sucks, but i ahve monday tuesdays off so let me know

montibank
Sep 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Gone twice in the last three weeks. If yall haven't gone yet you aren't trying hard enough! :evilgrin0013:

If anyone is looking here is a steal of a deal on a Honda CRF 450:
http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/1361143695.html

My brother in law is sellin it for dirt cheap with a ton of extra crap he got for it.

~

Michael

mrlopez
Sep 6th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Gone twice in the last three weeks. If yall haven't gone yet you aren't trying hard enough! :evilgrin0013:

If anyone is looking here is a steal of a deal on a Honda CRF 450:
http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/1361143695.html

My brother in law is sellin it for dirt cheap with a ton of extra crap he got for it.

~

Michael
uhmm I tough u were only allow to play once a month, must be doing alot of kissing up :D

GreeNug
Sep 10th, 2009, 11:00 AM
hey im up for a ride whenever, i usually work weekends so that sucks, but i ahve monday tuesdays off so let me know

Sorry guy I just noticed the post. Of course I usually have the weekends off, working during the week and I normally save most of my personal time for the winter. You've got to be ready if a storm dumps over a foot of freshies eh, Ha. Do you ride every Mon or tuesday that you can? I might be able to finagle some time off.

I am going to try and head up this weekend sometime Sat or Sun. not sure when or where yet. I just got new bars on the CRF and I am itching to test em out :D

branktm
Sep 10th, 2009, 06:21 PM
anyone going weekdays????? dualsport, super-moto, or dirt down for whatever? need to know, i work stupid hours now and barely get to get out, and when i do need to know whos riding and where so i can just show up. prefer dirt ive charged that thing like 6 times lately and im sure its dead again lucky 2 strokes are easy to kick

C.Petty
Sep 10th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I ride midweek sometimes. Won't be available for a little bit, maybe a couple of weeks.

iroc-zman
Sep 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Sorry guy I just noticed the post. Of course I usually have the weekends off, working during the week and I normally save most of my personal time for the winter. You've got to be ready if a storm dumps over a foot of freshies eh, Ha. Do you ride every Mon or tuesday that you can? I might be able to finagle some time off.

I am going to try and head up this weekend sometime Sat or Sun. not sure when or where yet. I just got new bars on the CRF and I am itching to test em out :D

anyone going weekdays????? dualsport, super-moto, or dirt down for whatever? need to know, i work stupid hours now and barely get to get out, and when i do need to know whos riding and where so i can just show up. prefer dirt ive charged that thing like 6 times lately and im sure its dead again lucky 2 strokes are easy to kick

I try to go up most of my days off, still somewhat waiting for the rain to come around like everyone else but ill still ride now.
I just sold my car last week so im looking for a truck, hopefully ill have one by wednesday or so then next monday/tuesday ill be riding if all goes as planned.:D

montibank
Sep 12th, 2009, 07:02 PM
PM sent about truck... Whatcha lookin fer?

Mooney 78865
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I'm heading to 007 Sat morning for a few hours if anyone is interested. Plan on staging around 0800. I need to get back to the Pines resort for my daughters wedding later in the day. Plan on riding 4 or 5 hrs.

SXV 550
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'm heading to 007 Sat morning for a few hours if anyone is interested. Plan on staging around 0800. I need to get back to the Pines resort for my daughters wedding later in the day. Plan on riding 4 or 5 hrs.

Riding on the wedding day.........THat's hard core man :) Nice to see you on Dan

montibank
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Riding on the wedding day.........THat's hard core man :) Nice to see you on Dan

LMAO! She'll kill you if you don't show. Compound fractures or not you better be there with a grin on yer face come game time!

~

Michael

Mooney 78865
Sep 18th, 2009, 11:46 AM
LMAO! She'll kill you if you don't show. Compound fractures or not you better be there with a grin on yer face come game time!

~

Michael

I've got strict instructions to be back by 12:30 latest. No rocks, no "new" trails, must take gps. Pretty much don't be a dumb a$$ and get hurt.
I wonder why they wouldn't let me and my new son in laws father take our Ducati"s to the Dragon? Women! Not like we are going to a track day.:evilgrin0013:

C.Petty
Sep 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I've got a window of opportunity this upcoming tue, wed, and thu. I am not too familiar with most area's so if someone could show me around it'd be great.

branktm
Sep 24th, 2009, 10:17 PM
so any idea when we are gonna get first Rain.... so tired of waiting to hit the dirt. dust sucks

MikeinFresno
Sep 24th, 2009, 10:38 PM
its gonna be on the 3rd Tues after the 2nd weekend in the 11th month before we get a good rain. It may sprinkle a little before that.:confused2:

C.Petty
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:19 AM
its gonna be on the 3rd Tues after the 2nd weekend in the 11th month before we get a good rain. It may sprinkle a little before that.:confused2:

Mike, your a man of many talents. I'll try my rain dance today, if that doesn't work I'll wash my cars. That ALWAYS brings rain out.

iroc-zman
Oct 9th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Looks like its suppose to rain pretty decent on monday night/tuesday. I went up to coarsegold at my parents house and rode this past tuesday, dusty, but still great to take out the bike.

iroc-zman
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM
when is this ride happening, this tread has been here forever and still no ride lol lets do this

McLuvin_R1
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:50 PM
when is this ride happening, this tread has been here forever and still no ride lol lets do this

Just my own consensus. 97% of the members seem to ride street.

:confused2:

Its like shopping for a BMW at a Honda dealer...

But if this ever does happen. I might go, work permitting that is.

It would be cool to get a bunch of dirt bikers together and go riding all from one forum though!

iroc-zman
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Just my own consensus. 97% of the members seem to ride street.

:confused2:

Its like shopping for a BMW at a Honda dealer...

But if this ever does happen. I might go, work permitting that is.

It would be cool to get a bunch of dirt bikers together and go riding all from one forum though!

it would be hecka cool, we'll see i guess

mrlopez
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
Well my bike still not fix hopefully I'll get it going soon

MikeinFresno
Nov 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Ive got to get my wifes motor back together this week, then maybe ride local and then Sat or Sun 14-15 ride with a group at HH or Carng. After that its the dez for Thxgvn week. I can maybe go soon.

deathbug74
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:47 PM
saw a bunch of dualsports in Raymond today ~3ish....anyone from here?

montibank
Dec 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Anyone interested in Hollister January 3rd or 4th? I am thinking to shoot for the 4th (a monday) cause the 3rd is likely to be crowded. Depending on conditions - I am not going if its all rain closed.

~

Michael

branktm
Dec 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Anyone interested in Hollister January 3rd or 4th? I am thinking to shoot for the 4th (a monday) cause the 3rd is likely to be crowded. Depending on conditions - I am not going if its all rain closed.

~

Michael

Your probably gonna kill me mike but i think i am um..... snowmobiling those days..... weird huh.... skipping dirt for snow..... But hey im thinking of hitting dirt this sunday the 20th call me, before i get a damn appointment at work haha

branktm
Dec 15th, 2009, 11:31 PM
anyone know if there is snow at miami trails? What are the conditions for this weekend

iroc-zman
Dec 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
anyone know if there is snow at miami trails? What are the conditions for this weekend

just went up to baysore, there was alot of snow about 2 miles up from bass lake. lots of trailers and snowmobiles. good luck

montibank
Jan 1st, 2010, 10:58 AM
Your probably gonna kill me mike but i think i am um..... snowmobiling those days.....

Traitor... Next you will sell all your KTMs.:evilgrin0013:

Last chance to redeem yourself (http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7147)...

branktm
Jan 2nd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Traitor... Next you will sell all your KTMs.:evilgrin0013:

Last chance to redeem yourself (http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7147)...

KTMs are not going anywhere, and my snowmobiling trip got postponed to a day that i had to work (Today) :censored: So instead i spent the day cleaning my garage, Which i am very satisfied by the way

speedjunkie
Jan 2nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
if anyone wants to go play at a local place friday im down. have the whole day off. first day off in i dunno how long so it would be nice to get out and have fun

montibank
Jan 3rd, 2010, 12:11 AM
KTMs are not going anywhere, and my snowmobiling trip got postponed to a day that i had to work (Today) :censored: So instead i spent the day cleaning my garage, Which i am very satisfied by the way

Thats gotta be hard keeping all them machines in top runnin order. If you ever need some one to take em all around the block a few hundred times let me know.

~

Michael

branktm
Jan 3rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Thats gotta be hard keeping all them machines in top runnin order. If you ever need some one to take em all around the block a few hundred times let me know.

~

Michael

haha i told you before you are welcome to my garage at anytime, just dont blow any of them up like your 530...:D