PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Willow Aug 8th and 9th with Ti2TT

Blakester
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Our, www.ti2tt.com, next event is at Streets of Willow. Come out and improve your riding skills on a very technical track. There will only be a B and C group available for sign up. A group has been taken by Rich Oliver for his Road Race Camp that you can sign up for at http://www.richoliver.net/RoadRaceCamp.html
I unfortunately may not make this one due to a planned family vacation, but I am working on it..LOL Hope to see ya there...;) It is over a month away so gives everyone plenty of time to plan and stash away funds for it.

GSXR888
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
There's a few of us that will be there on the 9th. Can't wait!!:D

Blakester
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM

Cool, yeah if I can make it, it will be on the 9th, I am working it out with my wife right now, wish me luck..:popcorn:

up in smoke
Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

BlooDSMeaR
Jun 24th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I am down,

GSXRMAN
Jun 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Would of but will be at buttonwillow!!! :evilgrin0013:

Devlausdan
Jun 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
So you're all signed up for bw then John? Cool.

GSXRMAN
Jun 24th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Yeah gave my money to Sergio. Definitely looking forward to it.

Wile_E_Coyote
Jun 24th, 2009, 08:21 AM

You're not doing Buttonwillow that weekend?

Devlausdan
Jun 24th, 2009, 08:51 AM

You're not doing Buttonwillow that weekend?

Yeah Ray. I thought you were doing BW on the 9th?

Are you doing SOW on the 8th as well?

Blakester
Jun 24th, 2009, 08:53 AM
So why do you guys wanna jack my thread with talks of buttonwillow? :confused2:

GSXRMAN
Jun 24th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Sorry i started that one. :myhijackedX::focus:

GSXR888
Jun 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah Ray. I thought you were doing BW on the 9th?

Are you doing SOW on the 8th as well?

I didn't know about BW until after I signed up for SoW for the 9th, and a friend of mine is going and he has never tried Streets yet.

Calkidd
Jun 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM
It's going to be hot so bring and drink a lot of water. Try to hydrate yourselves the day before too.

kidmoua
Jun 24th, 2009, 12:51 PM
It's going to be hot so bring and drink a lot of water. Try to hydrate yourselves the day before too.

can not stress that enough..

GSXR888
Jun 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM

You gonna be there on the 9th Bryan?

Calkidd
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:02 PM
You gonna be there on the 9th Bryan?
Yes I will be there both days. Look for the toyhauler parked next to the exit. I am trying to get Bonkers and Adrian to go.

GSXR888
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Yes I will be there both days. Look for the toyhauler parked next to the exit. I am trying to get Bonkers and Adrian to go.

Awesome! Turn two Bryan, I need help on turn two! damnit!:D

Devlausdan
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:06 PM

Trying? I thought it was a done deal aready according to Rob and Adrian per say at BW. Rob said he's never been there before and was looking forward to it.

Calkidd
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Awesome! Turn two Bryan, I need help on turn two! damnit!:D
The last time we rode together it looked like you were getting it down. Now you just need more confidence in your tires and use that right wrist a little more (NO, not that way you sickos).

Calkidd
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Trying? I thought it was a done deal aready according to Rob and Adrian per say at BW. Rob said he's never been there before and was looking forward to it.Maybe, I am pretty sure Rob is in, but Adrian was still on the fence I believe. I could be wrong though.

GSXR888
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:17 PM
The last time we rode together it looked like you were getting it down. Now you just need more confidence in your tires and use that right wrist a little more (NO, not that way you sickos).

I don't know if it's a line thing or just a chi/bad juju turn or what, the first time on SoW I never had a problem with it, but after taking the Academy I can't seem to get it down anymore.:(

Your absolutly right about being on the throttle more Bryan, being still a newb I still need to develop the confidence in my bike and tires. For me it kinda clicked at BW last Sunday, I finally started to have the confidence to pass people, usually I just hold back and wait or let them get ahead more so I can have a clear track.

But any help will be greatly appreciated Mr Craft!:D

Devlausdan
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM
For me it kinda clicked at BW last Sunday, I finally started to have the confidence to pass people, usually I just hold back and wait or let them get ahead more so I can have a clear track.

That's because I made you take them mirrors off your bike. :evilgrin0013:

GSXR888
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:25 PM
That's because I made you take them mirrors off your bike. :evilgrin0013:

lmao! Werd! And Thanks again Dan for getting them off for me.:D I ran the wires differently this time to make it easier to unplug and take off next time around.

Calkidd
Jun 25th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Ok, so with all the thread jacking who will be coming to this TD?

training_wheelz
Jun 25th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I have a spot in C for the 9th

Calkidd
Jun 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM
:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:
Are you coming?

Calkidd
Jun 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I have a spot in C for the 9th
Glad to hear it. I will be staying all day on both days this time around.

Devlausdan
Jun 25th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear it. I will be staying all day on both days this time around.

You doing the motel or you doing the toy hauler and camping out at the track?

yoageallen
Jun 25th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I will be going. Hope fully we will be camping at the track. That is good fun for sure! I will hope fully be doing the Rich Oliver road school.

up in smoke
Jun 25th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Are you coming?

no, its guna be to hot. old faithful doesn't like a hot track. neither do i. ill wait till fall.

BlooDSMeaR
Jun 25th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I am in C

Calkidd
Jun 26th, 2009, 07:46 AM
You doing the motel or you doing the toy hauler and camping out at the track?
Going to be bringing the Toyhauler (that's why I got it) and staying at the track.

I will be going. Hope fully we will be camping at the track. That is good fun for sure! I will hope fully be doing the Rich Oliver road school.Yep at the track, BBQ'n some Tritip, drinking beer and smoking some cigars.

no, its guna be to hot. old faithful doesn't like a hot track. neither do i. ill wait till fall.
Somebody needs a Waaaaambulance.

BlooDSMeaR
Jul 11th, 2009, 01:33 AM
calkid if you can stand my sorry @$$ I'll stop by for a beer :evilgrin0013: I am C any one else in?

Blakester
Jul 11th, 2009, 02:21 AM
calkid if you can stand my sorry @$$ I'll stop by for a beer :evilgrin0013: I am C any one else in?

I will play around in C group with ya..:p

Calkidd
Jul 12th, 2009, 03:07 AM

I will play around in C group with ya..:p
I'll be your Huckleberry.

Quig
Jul 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I'll be your Huckleberry.

Damnit, it's "I'm your Huckleberry...." :haha:

Calkidd
Jul 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Damnit, it's "I'm your Huckleberry...." :haha:
You get the idea..

Blakester
Jul 14th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Damn DingleBerries....:p

Blakester
Jul 26th, 2009, 09:55 PM
COOL, less than 2weeks away..:D

Calkidd
Jul 26th, 2009, 09:57 PM
You know Derik I must apologize because I had no idea you had a thread started with this track day. I created one too.

Blakester
Jul 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM
You know Derik I must apologize because I had no idea you had a thread started with this track day. I created one too.

You don't need to apologize dude, two threads are better than one.

BlooDSMeaR
Jul 27th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I cant wait!!!!

Blakester
Jul 27th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I cant wait!!!!

Which day are you attending?

BlooDSMeaR
Jul 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Which day are you attending?

The 9th with gxer888, training wheelz, Jeff, and another guy i haven't meet yet. All C group. We are a bunch of noobs.

Blakester
Jul 27th, 2009, 02:41 PM
The 9th with gxer888, training wheelz, Jeff, and another guy i haven't meet yet. All C group. We are a bunch of noobs.

Aww damn, I most likely can only make the 8th cause we got a party to go to on Sat. night and I doubt I will be in any shape to ride on sunday.:(

Calkidd
Jul 27th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Aww damn, I most likely can only make the 8th cause we got a party to go to on Sat. night and I doubt I will be in any shape to ride on sunday.:(
Just don't drink that much or come up later.

Blakester
Jul 27th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Just don't drink that much or come up later.

It is my wife's little sister, the one you met that lived with us, her house warming party. ALso, we are suppose to go to some brunch thing with my wife's friends sunday morning. But just like last time at SOW, I may just show up, or maybe I will just leave my bike and gear there so I have to come back..:D

Calkidd
Jul 27th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I will just leave my bike and gear there so I have to come back..:D
Now that is a smashing idea.

yoageallen
Jul 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Damn DingleBerries....:p
Isn't that what toilet paper is for? I am ready to roll for sure. Who else is paid already? I am curious to know who all is going. It is only $125 for the day! Come on! come on out and have a great weekend. This will be my first time at streets and I am excited! It sounds like a great track.

BlooDSMeaR
Jul 27th, 2009, 08:45 PM
This will be my first time at streets and I am excited! It sounds like a great track.

streets is fun but will wear you out quick:evilgrin0013:

Hopefully, they have the white dots still on the track for the turn in points.

yoageallen
Jul 27th, 2009, 08:50 PM
maybe I will just leave my bike and gear there so I have to come back..:DThat is a good idea! I like that one.

ti2ttmatt
Aug 3rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
We are excited! Very much looking forward to seeing lots of you out there. It feels like forever since we were at Pahrump.

Rich Oliver will be launching his school this weekend as well. He was originally going to take the entire A groups, but he didn't quite get enough for his first one to do so, so we have limited space each day for regular A group riders. For all of you who may be interested though, got talk to Rich over the course of the day. He is a super cool guy and an AMAZING rider. I can't wait to take his class!

Matt

Quig
Aug 5th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Anyone check the weather for this weekend? Holy crap.... it's lookin' like it's going to be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.... :D

Calkidd
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone check the weather for this weekend? Holy crap.... it's lookin' like it's going to be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.... :D
For sho...hopefully this low pressure doesn't bring too much wind.
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USCA0955?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

GSXR888
Aug 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Just four days until SoW!:D So who is definatly going? I would like to meet up somewhere along the way and caravan up, since some of you mentioned you have never been there before.

So far the ones I know that are going for sure is:

Bloodsmear
TrainingWheelz
Rougemonkey
GSXR888

JamesDub
Aug 5th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Me and Nic are traveling together with a U-Haul .

JonJon
Aug 5th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Just four days until SoW!:D So who is definatly going? I would like to meet up somewhere along the way and caravan up, since some of you mentioned you have never been there before.

Bloodsmear
TrainingWheelz
Rougemonkey
GSXR888

Wish my name was on that list!

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Bloodsmear
TrainingWheelz
Rougemonkey
GSXR888

Me and Nic are traveling together with a U-Haul .

Well thats 6 of us... wheres the other 4????

GSXR888
Aug 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Okay so:

Bloodsmear
Trainingwheelz
gsxr888
Rougemonkey
Jeff
Nick
James

And yes Jon your name should be on this list too slacker!!:D

JonJon
Aug 5th, 2009, 02:36 PM

I just got my suit yesterday! Soon!!

mrlopez
Aug 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Okay so:

Bloodsmear
Trainingwheelz
gsxr888
Rougemonkey
Jeff
Nick
James

Soun
Kendra
mrlopez
you can add us 

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Okay so:

Bloodsmear
Trainingwheelz
gsxr888
Rougemonkey
Jeff
Nick
James

Soun
Kendra
mrlopez
you can add us 

WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS 10!!! jon you in ?!?!??!?!

JonJon
Aug 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS 10!!! jon you in ?!?!??!?!

I wish man. Just barely got enough money for the gear, now I need to pay for the track day. (And new tires from what I was told, haha).

SOUN1
Aug 5th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Soun
Kendra
mrlopez
you can add us 

They are talking about SOW not BUTTONWILLOW..We are going to Buttonwillow..Right??:confused2: now...I don't care, just pick me up so I can sleep on the way there, take a nap (between sessions) and take a nap on the way home..:D

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I wish man. Just barely got enough money for the gear, now I need to pay for the track day. (And new tires from what I was told, haha).

Some body get this boy a waaaambulance.... :evilgrin0013:

mrlopez
Aug 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
They are talking about SOW not BUTTONWILLOW..We are going to Buttonwillow..Right??:confused2: now...I don't care, just pick me up so I can sleep on the way there, take a nap (between sessions) and take a nap on the way home..:D

Doh!!! My bad yes we going to BW

yoageallen
Aug 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Rob, Bryan, and I are going to be there all weekend.

JonJon
Aug 5th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Some body get this boy a waaaambulance.... :evilgrin0013:

Yea I know. I'll make up for it with some good beer for after my first track day. :D

JamesDub
Aug 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Do we need to switch to watter wetter instead of coolant for C class at SoW ? Tag Lic remoaval ?

GSXR888
Aug 5th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Do we need to switch to watter wetter instead of coolant for C class at SoW ? Tag Lic remoaval ?

No and no...;)

Devlausdan
Aug 5th, 2009, 07:53 PM

Sure. Why not. Be best to run your bike with water wetter anyways.

GSXRMAN
Aug 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Water wetter is nice i just wish it wasnt so expensive!

Devlausdan
Aug 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Water wetter is nice i just wish it wasnt so expensive!

It isn't John. A small concentrated bottle is like $5-$10 dollars at CG. Then you just mix it with distill water. And pour into radiator after you drain out and flush out the fluid in the radiator.

GSXRMAN
Aug 5th, 2009, 08:08 PM
It isn't John. A small concentrated bottle is like $5-$10 dollars at CG. Then you just mix it with distill water. And pour into radiator after you drain out and flush out the fluid in the radiator.

My bad i was thinking of something else. Ummmm..... Ignore my last post!

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM
3 Days and counting :)

GSXR888
Aug 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
3 Days and counting :)

Bike is sitting in the garage all ready to go!!:D

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Bike is sitting in the garage all ready to go!!:D

I still have to go get the bike, take the wheels off, swap tire's, strip off the plate, disconnect lights, clean the and adjust the chain, tape up the lights. I am going to be busy today. Ray wana take a trip to Visalia?:D

GSXR888
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I still have to go get the bike, take the wheels off, swap tire's, strip off the plate, disconnect lights, clean the and adjust the chain, tape up the lights. I am going to be busy today. Ray wana take a trip to Visalia?:D

Bring your bike by Saturday and i'll help ya get her all ready, I have the stands to get your tires off too..;)

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Bring your bike by Saturday and i'll help ya get her all ready, I have the stands to get your tires off too..;)

I need to go get my bike LOL it's in Visalia.... My dad has my truck out of town so I cant pick it up, I have to get a ride to get it... I have the stands, rims and new tires but I am swapping the road2's to the all black wheels and putting the track tires onto the black and orange wheels.

THANK GAWD for Raul he has been a great help with his tire changer.

GSXR888
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I need to go get my bike LOL it's in Visalia.... My dad has my truck out of town so I cant pick it up, I have to get a ride to get it... I have the stands, rims and new tires but I am swapping the road2's to the all black wheels and putting the track tires onto the black and orange wheels.

THANK GAWD for Raul he has been a great help with his tire changer.

I can take you Saturday morning if you need. Just LMK.

training_wheelz
Aug 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Stupid me, I was signed up for both BW & SOW for Saturday. Luckly I got a confirmation email from ti2tt and I noticed my mistake. Called them just in time to switch days, lucky that Sunday wasn't sold out yet. Now all I need is to start getting the bike ready. I hope I get it ready in time, otherwise your bike might turn up missing Ray :evilgrin0013:

nik
Aug 6th, 2009, 07:47 PM
so what time do you all plan on heading down? we were thinking of going sat. afternoon, or evening? Is there camping ,hotels , anything? or are we better offf just leaving early to be there by 7 or so? :confused:

GSXR888
Aug 6th, 2009, 07:56 PM
so what time do you all plan on heading down? we were thinking of going sat. afternoon, or evening? Is there camping ,hotels , anything? or are we better offf just leaving early to be there by 7 or so? :confused:

Nick I plan on hitting the road no later than 5am on Sunday from Hanford. Good catch Raul that would have been embarassing to show up and find out there. :rolleyes:

GSXR888
Aug 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Stupid me, I was signed up for both BW & SOW for Saturday. Luckly I got a confirmation email from ti2tt and I noticed my mistake. Called them just in time to switch days, lucky that Sunday wasn't sold out yet. Now all I need is to start getting the bike ready. I hope I get it ready in time, otherwise your bike might turn up missing Ray :evilgrin0013:

Get it ready? just leave it in the truck from BW!;)

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM
A big thank you to training wheelz , for helping me swap out all those tires.... the use of your garage and tools. My tires are on Ill be by on sat to get a hand from you ray to tape up the lights.

GSXR888
Aug 6th, 2009, 09:15 PM
A big thank you to training wheelz , for helping me swap out all those tires.... the use of your garage and tools. My tires are on Ill be by on sat to get a hand from you ray to tape up the lights.

Sounds good, and you owe Raul lunch on Sunday..:evilgrin0013:

Calkidd
Aug 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM
so what time do you all plan on heading down? we were thinking of going sat. afternoon, or evening? Is there camping ,hotels , anything? or are we better offf just leaving early to be there by 7 or so? :confused:I will be there friday night staying in my toy hauler, but there are few hotels in the area. But you might be too late for a spot at the Devonshire Inn (http://www.devonshireinn.com/).
There are a few hotels in Tehachapi, Ca (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS337US337&q=Tehachapi,+ca+hotels&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1)

GSXR888
Aug 6th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Here you go Nick..http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fresno&1s=CA&2c=Rosamond&2s=CA&2pn=willow+springs+international+raceway#a/maps/l:::Fresno:CA::US:36.747799:-119.7714:city:Fresno+County:1/l:Willow+Springs+Motorsports+Park:3500+75th+St+W::CA:93560:US:34.86965:-118.26458:address::1/m::5:35.806599:-119.026432:0:::::1:1:1::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e I figure we will meet you and Raul at the Shell staion off of 99 and Cadwell (Visalia) at 5amish.;)

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 6th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Sounds good, and you owe Raul lunch on Sunday..:evilgrin0013:

probably dinner.... we'll be at the track all day.

training_wheelz
Aug 7th, 2009, 07:22 AM
probably dinner.... we'll be at the track all day.

No can do on dinner, gotta race home after the track and prep for work Monday 4am

JamesDub
Aug 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
No can do on dinner, gotta race home after the track and prep for work Monday 4am

Me to , I have to be at work at 3:45 am Monday :zz22_yikes: .

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM

Me to , I have to be at work at 3:45 am Monday :zz22_yikes: .

You guys are nutz I took Monday off in case I go down.

The track tires are awesome. talk about grip forever ... I went around the block a couple of times and wow what a difference on turn in for the 55 series over the 50 series tire.

where is the meet up spot and are we all camping together? if so hit the far side of the pits so we have enough room for every one.

WhiteHotGSXR
Aug 7th, 2009, 08:35 PM
damn it another op missed i wanna make it to the track one of these days but i have to get tickets and those things go like wildfire. can you just show up and pay, maybe?

GSXR888
Aug 7th, 2009, 08:38 PM
damn it another op missed i wanna make it to the track one of these days but i have to get tickets and those things go like wildfire. can you just show up and pay, maybe?

They may still have openings for Sunday check out www.Ti2TT.com if you wanna go.;)

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 7th, 2009, 09:21 PM
They may still have openings for Sunday check out www.Ti2TT.com if you wanna go.;)

If you do let me know before 1 pm sat as i will be heading down to stay with a friend and i can truck the bike down.

training_wheelz
Aug 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I'll see you guys Sunday morning. Ray need a fuel jug and do you want me to ask my brother for the large canopy we used last time? Otherwise it'll be the small blue one only.

GSXR888
Aug 7th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I'll see you guys Sunday morning. Ray need a fuel jug and do you want me to ask my brother for the large canopy we used last time? Otherwise it'll be the small blue one only.

Steve is bringing his so the blue one should be good. Man two trackdays back to back, you da man Raul.:thumbsup:

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 8th, 2009, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=GSXR888;. Man two trackdays back to back, you da man Raul.:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

And he is working on Monday too.... What an ANAMiAL!!!

training_wheelz
Aug 8th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Loaded and ready. Still got the itch to ride but will take care of it tomorrow. Meet up 5am at Shell station Caldwell & 99 in Visalia.

JamesDub
Aug 8th, 2009, 07:08 PM
5am aintt gonna work . Me and Nic want to be there at 7am when the gates open . Its 2hrs and 24 min from visalia to the track per mapquest . I'm picking up Nic in Fresno at 3:45am and heading south . We'd love to caravan with you but your gonna have to leave earlier ....like 4:30 ish .

GSXR888
Aug 8th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Loaded and ready. Still got the itch to ride but will take care of it tomorrow. Meet up 5am at Shell station Caldwell & 99 in Visalia.

Two different tracks on back to back days, your like my hero....:hail:

GSXR888
Aug 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM
5am aintt gonna work . Me and Nic want to be there at 7am when the gates open . Its 2hrs and 24 min from visalia to the track per mapquest . I'm picking up Nic in Fresno at 3:45am and heading south . We'd love to caravan with you but your gonna have to leave earlier ....like 4:30 ish .

Okay we'll meet up with you and Nick at Willow if we miss you. Two matching CBR's shouldn't be hard to miss.;)

training_wheelz
Aug 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
If you guys get there before us can you save us some spots in the pits next to you so we can pit together? I think we'll have 3 trucks Dale, Ray, and me

training_wheelz
Aug 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Checking in. Another great track day. Almost perfect weather and some good friends to share the experience with. Had fun riding with no (oh ***** moments), I guess even at the track I'm riding within my comfort zone. In case I forgot to mention it Happy bday Ray, had fun following you around the track.

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 9th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I'm here sitting at home, tired, sore , and sunburnt... What a blast!!!!!!!
I am so glad I have tomorrow off. Raul your an anamal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 track days then work in the early AM....

Happy B-day RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a pleasure to ride with all of you guys!

JamesDub
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Awesome day today , good to meet you guys . Just got home and unloaded the truck , time for bed . Gettin up at 2:45am for work . Tomorrow is gonna be rough . But so what I HAD A BLAST !

GSXR888
Aug 9th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Checking in, man what a fun day i'm beyond exausted:o I got some great video footage...unfortunatly it's of my arse:mad: mounting the camera on the tail section shot the left side of the bike I should have moved it out more, I did the same thing on Rougemonkey's R6 and it looked great so I assumed it would work on my bike. Raul has some real nice video of the same session from his helmet mounted camera, I need to ask Dan how he did the PiP shot of his trackday. Soon as I get it figured out i'll post it up.

James it was nice meeting you both you and Nick did great today! I could see an big improvement in both your riding from the begining of the day to the end of the day.

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 9th, 2009, 11:55 PM
James it was nice meeting you both you and Nick did great today! I could see an big improvement in both your riding from the begining of the day to the end of the day.

sorry James I forgot to mention that. When you go on the road, you'll find It is quite disappointing after the track. After my first track day I decided to slow way down in the hills, I know I can go fast @ the track and not have to worry about changing road conditions, oncoming traffic, fence posts, dogs, cats, dear, dumb people.... Or getting strained through barbed wire while heading into the field.

Rock on guys, I was very GLAD to see you out there. Now use your new found skills and apply them to the road and you will be 100% safer rider as you now have the good fundamentals of motorcycle control that you would never learn on the street.

Bonkers
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:37 AM
It was good seeing all you guys that came to SoW..
Had a blast once i got the hang of that track.
And to just to let you all know Bryan is doing well, he had a pretty good spill on Sunday at the end of the day.
He was in the middle of a Highside and was doing a good job of recovering from it when a large dirt berm got in his way ..
Hes pretty sore today and resting some....but doing well..

Calkidd
Aug 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM
It was a wild ride for sure. It was good to see you guys out there.

I high sided coming out of the bowl and man was it fast. I had no time to react or modulate the throttle. The next thing I know my bike kicked me off of the seat, but I landed back on the bike. However I was, or what it felt like, on top of the tank. I was trying my damnedest to regain control of the bike, but I could not get back in the seat (I know strange). When I looked up to see where I was going I saw a dirt berm and that was all she wrote. The next thing I know I am on my back looking at the sky clear on the other side of the berm with a dislocated shoulder.

Thanks to Mike Pond for coming back out on the track and checking on me. They rolled an ambulance, but there was no need to go to the hospital. Adrian pulled on my shoulder and got that back in its socket. So, right now I am home loaded up on Norco and IB 800.

The bike, from what I could see, is messed up but nothing that can not be repaired. My purdy full titanium Micron exhaust is damaged pretty good along with the sub frame and seat cowl.

mrlopez
Aug 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Wow looks like some had a rough time this weekend on the track

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM

I high sided coming out of the bowl and man was it fast. I had no time to react or modulate the throttle. The next thing I know my bike kicked me off of the seat, but I landed back on the bike. However I was, or what it felt like, on top of the tank. I was trying my damnedest to regain control of the bike, but I could not get back in the seat (I know strange). When I looked up to see where I was going I saw a dirt berm and that was all she wrote. The next thing I know I am on my back looking at the sky clear on the other side of the berm with a dislocated shoulder.

Thanks to Mike Pond for coming back out on the track and checking on me. They rolled an ambulance, but there was no need to go to the hospital. Adrian pulled on my shoulder and got that back in its socket. So, right now I am home loaded up on Norco and IB 800.

The bike, from what I could see, is messed up but nothing that can not be repaired. My purdy full titanium Micron exhaust is damaged pretty good along with the sub frame and seat cowl.

Glad your alright Bryan. I never been in a high side nor care to but i could only imagine how fast and crazy it must feel.

JonJon
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Glad to hear you're doing ok Bryan. Hey, at least you aren't looking at a hefty hospital/ambulance ride bill. :D

Devlausdan
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:44 PM
It was good seeing all you guys that came to SoW..
Had a blast once i got the hang of that track.
And to just to let you all know Bryan is doing well, he had a pretty good spill on Sunday at the end of the day.
He was in the middle of a Highside and was doing a good job of recovering from it when a large dirt berm got in his way ..
Hes pretty sore today and resting some....but doing well..

So Rob, for your first time at SOW, what did you think of it? Did you also get a good look at Big Willows and did that leave an impression with you too?

Devlausdan
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:52 PM

***** you too huh, just like my hommie. :doh:

What's a dirt berm? :z0tdntknw:

Maybe I should of done that with my hommie's shoulder too. :applause:

Glad you're okay and in good spirit. You're not going to call it quits like some hommie are you? :D

JonJon
Aug 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
***** you too huh, just like my hommie. :doh:

What's a dirt berm? :z0tdntknw:

Maybe I should of done that with my hommie's shoulder too. :applause:

Glad you're okay and in good spirit. You're not going to call it quits like some hommie are you? :D

What's a hommie? :p

training_wheelz
Aug 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM

How ironic, Adrian was the one doing the gitty up horsey move slapping the side of his thigh and you're the one that gets bucked off your bike. Glad to hear you'll be alright.

Bonkers
Aug 10th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I like the Track Dan.
Once i got the feel for it i started to have alot of fun ...enuff fun to wipe out a brand new 003 rear in the two days there :)

As for Big Willow ....Ooo yea i want a pice of it real bad ...with my truck and my bike :)

2manywheels
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:56 PM

Sorry to hear you got pitched off Bryan - The Highside Sux! Glad you're doing pretty good - all things considered:)

Heal up fast & take good care of that shoulder. The bike is the easy part to fix!

kidmoua
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:02 PM
sorry about your get off yo..

lets exchange our stories over a bowl of pho

Devlausdan
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I like the Track Dan.
Once i got the feel for it i started to have alot of fun ...enuff fun to wipe out a brand new 003 rear in the two days there :)

As for Big Willow ....Ooo yea i want a pice of it real bad ...with my truck and my bike :)

Yeah, I was pretty much at awh too when I first went to SOW, seeing the track go up the side of the hill into turn 2.

SyKoTiK
Aug 11th, 2009, 01:46 AM
sorry to hear about ur wrek bryan hopfully u and ur bike have a speedy recovery

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 11th, 2009, 10:25 AM

:worthless::evilgrin0013:

Calkidd
Aug 11th, 2009, 10:56 AM
:worthless::evilgrin0013:
Yeah, I know. The bike was just put in the garage the other day and I don't know if I can lift my camera. But I will try.

bigdyang
Aug 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM
sorry to hear what happened... glad you're walking. let me know if you need anything...

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 11th, 2009, 11:13 AM
sorry to hear what happened... glad you're walking. let me know if you need anything...

how did the r1 ride?

Calkidd
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:09 PM
sorry to hear what happened... glad you're walking. let me know if you need anything...Pair of exhaust cans, race plastics and sub-frame....Please:evilgrin0013:

bigdyang
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:21 PM
how did the r1 ride?

really gotta get use to the bike and set up my suspensions. other then that, it rode like a champ...

Pair of exhaust cans, race plastics and sub-frame....Please:evilgrin0013:

can't help you with that, but i can lend you some labor...:D

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM
really gotta get use to the bike and set up my suspensions. other then that, it rode like a champ...

So the ninja isnt going to see the track anymore?

bigdyang
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM

no, strickly street now... showroom floor type... hahaha

Ciner929
Aug 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM

I don't think it's going to Red Zone ever again either...:evilgrin0013:

Glad Sally and Spider Monkey are OK.....I'll keep my eye out for some parts for the bike....

Devlausdan
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I don't think it's going to Red Zone ever again either...:evilgrin0013:

Glad Sally and Spider Monkey are OK.....I'll keep my eye out for some parts for the bike....

I feel both sad and okay that spider monkey isn't going to ride any more.

Sad that he isn't. Oh well, I'll get over it.

Okay if he doesn't ride anymore, because I'm going to rape that bike for spare parts. Nice custom wave rotors. Nice custom wave rotors. :evilgrin0013:

JonJon
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Okay if he doesn't ride anymore, because I'm going to rape that bike for spare parts. Nice custom wave rotors. Nice custom wave rotors. :evilgrin0013:

He will be back. They always come back.

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM

With friends like these who needs enemies!

Devlausdan
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
He will be back. They always come back.

Not by the look that his wife gave him.

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
What crashing can do to a man :confused2:

bigdyang
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Ciner929;109544]I don't think it's going to Red Zone ever again either...:evilgrin0013:

it will... but it will be park ALLL the way in the back parking lot... can't have SQUIDS running the bike over again... hear that? idiot squids!

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I don't think it's going to Red Zone ever again either...:evilgrin0013:.

Damn, that red zone incident was true! I hope you beat some ass or at least have the dumbass pay to fix it

bigdyang
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Damn, that red zone incident was true! I hope you beat some ass or at least have the dumbass pay to fix it

yup it was true... and it happened to be my bike... :mad: but everything is all fixed now... his insurance paid for it but i'm pretty sure they ripped him a new one...

JonJon
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
yup it was true... and it happened to be my bike... :mad: but everything is all fixed now... his insurance paid for it but i'm pretty sure they ripped him a new one...

Owell, not your problem. Hope he learned that being stupid hurts.

Calkidd
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:06 AM
You can not expect to ride the track and not take a spill some time or another. It is the nature of the beast. Some experience different feelings after a crash which should be respected. Personally, I am going to get back on that horse and continue to ride.

JonJon
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:10 AM
You can not expect to ride the track and not take a spill some time or another. It is the nature of the beast. Some experience different feelings after a crash which should be respected. Personally, I am going to get back on that horse and continue to ride.

Yea, but it would probably be a little different if you took a spill back-to-back times. I can understand where Houa is coming from. But like I said, he won't be gone too long. :p

bigdyang
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
i can totally understand the both of you... just don't give up on pho fridays. we would have a problem if you two do...:evilgrin0013:

Wile_E_Coyote
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM
i can totally understand the both of you... just don't give up on pho fridays. we would have a problem if you two do...:evilgrin0013:

The cool guys are going on monday.

Devlausdan
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:34 AM

:iagree: It's comes with the territory. And no one is immune from it (from the little experience to the veterans of the sport).

Yea, but it would probably be a little different if you took a spill back-to-back times. I can understand where Houa is coming from. But like I said, he won't be gone too long. :p

I went back to back experiences too. You just have to take it with stride and be mentally strong and not let your spirit get broken. Everyone deals with it differently. He'll be fine.

with the golf clubs :D:p

bigdyang
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
The cool guys are going on monday.

i guess i'm not cool enough to see you guys on monday... i'll be working... next time my bruthas...

GsxR1000Ryda
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:51 AM
They didn't accidentally rhyme track and crack for no reason.

kidmoua
Aug 12th, 2009, 12:39 PM
we'll see how thing goes after I get everything situated..

nik
Aug 12th, 2009, 07:42 PM
hey all, had a hellova time!! Cant wait to do it again! Thanks to Matt @ CWS for the trailor,spine protector, and great deal on gear!, James for not leaving me behind after i wouldnt wake up for over an hour(i woulda split) Dale, Ray, Raul, ( and the other guys whos names i forgot) for chillin and makin the day that much better,(what track dayr u doin next?) I was kinda scared the first session, but after r beckers class and applying what he was telling us made it instantly more fun and comfortable. for those reading this who have yet to do a track day, get out ther ASAP.Maybe next time i'll do a whole weekend.

GSXR888
Aug 12th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time Nick, BW is alot of fun too it's a fast and flowing track and about an hour closer too!;)

Devlausdan
Aug 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM
we'll see how thing goes after I get everything situated..

What are you talking about Willis? I've already torn the bike down and parted parts out :weirdface:

nik
Aug 12th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time Nick, BW is alot of fun too it's a fast and flowing track and about an hour closer too!;)

when are you doing another track day ray?

JamesDub
Aug 12th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Hey Ray did u ever get those vids uploaded ?

JamesDub
Aug 12th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hey Nick did you get my email with the R Becker vids ?
http://13ikecamp-vids.com/

Mine is also up on my myspace page ...
http://www.myspace.com/jamesdub131

nik
Aug 12th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Hey Nick did you get my email with the R Becker vids ?
http://13ikecamp-vids.com/

Mine is also up on my myspace page ...
http://www.myspace.com/jamesdub131

dude im at a hotel in davis right now and i cant watch it on his site but it will let me on youtube or your myspace. are all the vids on youtube too?

JamesDub
Aug 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM
nope there not on youyube , i just posted mine on there after figuring out how to go about it . You have to download some program off a link in my above post vlc.1.0.... then install that . Then down load your vid to your computer to watch . Pain in the ass .

nik
Aug 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
nope there not on youyube , i just posted mine on there after figuring out how to go about it . You have to download some program off a link in my above post vlc.1.0.... then install that . Then down load your vid to your computer to watch . Pain in the ass .

i 'll have to wait till i get home friday i guess.

GSXR888
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I'm working on downloading it onto youtube, 1:20:56 mins to download one video!!:mad: I have two shots one from my GoPro and one from Raul's Helmet mounted GoPro chasing us..

GSXR888
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:24 PM
when are you doing another track day ray?

I'd like to do BW on the 23rd if Dale has room in his truck.:rolleyes:

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:43 PM

No can do my friend,:( My bro's Davis, Dustin, Donne, Dad, and I are going to ride Kings and Sequoia parks on that weekend:D. Then Sunday night I will be trucking my bro Dustin back up to SAC. I wanted to do a track day, but for all 4 of us that would be 800 bucks and we don't have the extra cash lying around.

Devlausdan
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:10 PM

Start a new thread for the 23rd. Find out who.

GSXR888
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:25 PM
it's my addiction talking.."twitch.." I do however want to do Laguna Seca, Infineon, and Thunder Hill this year...."twitch..twitch":D

Devlausdan
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM
it's my addiction talking.."twitch.." I do however want to do Laguna Seca, Infineon, and Thunder Hill this year...."twitch..twitch":D

Okay... when you guys go to Thunderhill, please let me know. I'm down.

GSXR888
Aug 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Okay here's my very first attempt at making a video so bear with me. I had mounted the camera on my tail section and assumed it was getting a shot in front of me but I ended up shooting my left side..:weirdface: Raul has a better chase video that I need to edit then I will post that up as well. Watch the guy with th Rossi helmet on the R1 pass me at 5:20 then watch him again at 7:10 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JgAfl-BIU

SOUN1
Aug 13th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Okay... when you guys go to Thunderhill, please let me know. I'm down.

Yes, please do..I'm still a virgin for that track..

JonJon
Aug 13th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Okay here's my very first attempt at making a video so bear with me. I had mounted the camera on my tail section and assumed it was getting a shot in front of me but I ended up shooting my left side..:weirdface: Raul has a better chase video that I need to edit then I will post that up as well. Watch the guy with th Rossi helmet on the R1 pass me at 5:20 then watch him again at 7:10 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JgAfl-BIU

I liked that camera angle! Was pretty cool. And I'm diggin the music too. :D

nik
Aug 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM

i just got another raise , so i may be down to go?...

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
WOW Ray that was a gret shot of your ass for the session..... OK so I lie...

If only I had your body position Id be as fast as you:evilgrin0013: those were some grate coning abilities... as for the 23rd your welcome to join in on the ride. I cannot afford to pay for 2 track days. in one month.

GSXR888
Aug 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
WOW Ray that was a gret shot of your ass for the session..... OK so I lie...

If only I had your body position Id be as fast as you:evilgrin0013: those were some grate coning abilities... as for the 23rd your welcome to join in on the ride. I cannot afford to pay for 2 track days. in one month.

Raul's chase video is much better i'll edit that one tonight. His you can see you, me, Nick, Steve and James..and he has a better shot of the guy on the R1 crashing....:D

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Raul's chase video is much better i'll edit that one tonight. His you can see you, me, Nick, Steve and James..and he has a better shot of the guy on the R1 crashing....:D

any thoughts on those rims?

GSXR888
Aug 13th, 2009, 06:50 PM
any thoughts on those rims?

I want em! where did you find them? And my body position sucks, if you wanna see good body position watch Dan's video and keep an eye on Poach...Maybe one day i'll grow a pair.:rolleyes:

Calkidd
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Raul's chase video is much better i'll edit that one tonight. His you can see you, me, Nick, Steve and James..and he has a better shot of the guy on the R1 crashing....:DYou have me on video crash? I would love to see it.

GSXR888
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:19 AM
You have me on video crash? I would love to see it.

No us wennies were riding in C remember?:D But we did see your huge dust cloud from the pits, we were all like omg that's a bad one. Then I saw Adrian come in and he said it was you.:( It was the guy with the Rossi helmet that lowsided into the bowl that we caught on tape, you can see the long scrape marks leading off the track if you watch the video closely.

GSXR888
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Here's Trainingwheelz footage unfortunatly they muted the music.:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0QJclaGrUY

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 14th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Now I know how Raul is so quick. He has completely different lines on his KTM as we do on the sport bikes early break then cut close and then open up... UHHU wer'r on to you now buddy!!!!!! to bad the TXT covers up the R1 eating it.

GSXR888
Aug 14th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Now I know how Raul is so quick. He has completely different lines on his KTM as we do on the sport bikes early break then cut close and then open up... UHHU wer'r on to you now buddy!!!!!! to bad the TXT covers up the R1 eating it.

I always thought it was because Raul is a B-E-T-T-E-R rider than us!;) The only reason why he is where he was at in the video was cuz he was filming us...:rolleyes:

I'm burning copies on CDs for you and Raul of all the footage i'll have em ready next time I see you two.

training_wheelz
Aug 14th, 2009, 09:08 PM

I was just following Ray cause previous session I got an earful from a control rider for being all over the track. I just nodded and agreed with him but didn't tell him I was behind you and was just messing around going on the inside and outside of you but backing off to stay behind you recording.
I do have vid of my lines at a brisk pace but that's :ts0lr2:

JamesDub
Aug 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
If I'm not mistaken I'm either leading that pack or like in second position right . I was right behind the guy who wrecked out .

GSXR888
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken I'm either leading that pack or like in second position right . I was right behind the guy who wrecked out .

Yep that was you James, you must have had a great view of the crash, we collect you on the next lap though...;)

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:28 PM
As I come up 3/4ths a lap behind you guys... I have to admit I was very timid on the throttle this time around. That easy down on the BW track slowed me way down, even with the new tires.

GSXR888
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:28 AM
As I come up 3/4ths a lap behind you guys... I have to admit I was very timid on the throttle this time around. That easy down on the BW track slowed me way down, even with the new tires.

Actually you pass us both at the end of the video but youtube only allows 10 mins you'll see it on your cd though;). And who cares about being timid on the throttle, you got your bike home in one piece and had a great time with good friends doing something you love and that's what it's all about.

BlooDSMeaR
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Actually you pass us both at the end of the video but youtube only allows 10 mins you'll see it on your cd though;). And who cares about being timid on the throttle, you got your bike home in one piece and had a great time with good friends doing something you love and that's what it's all about.

OH.. IS this my cue... WERD

I only passed you guys cause you let me, Ray and Raul are way faster than I, even with me being on a 1K bike.

I have to say SOW was a blast with you guys . Next time I will be doing the bike camp again. I could see how much track skill i HAD LOST INA MONTH AND NEED TO KEEP UP ON IT. Sry caps and I am to lazy to type it again. see you on the track.

Calkidd
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I wished I was a little timid on the throttle coming out of the Bowl:evilgrin0013: I got a little too greedy with the right wrist.

kidmoua
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I wished I was a little timid on the throttle coming out of the Bowl:evilgrin0013: I got a little too greedy with the right wrist.

werd