PDA

View Full Version : Problems uploading images?

Big Kahuna
Jan 17th, 2008, 04:48 PM
First you'll need to find the "Manage Attachments" button on the when you post or reply in a thread. The button is located just beneath the post text box.

An upload dialog will pop up. You can upload up to five images at a time using the "Browse" buttons. Just select the images from your computer and then press the "Upload" button. When the upload is complete, you may close the pop-up and return to your post.

You can also upload a image via URL. So if you have an image located on another site that you would like to attach, you can just copy and past the URL in the attachments dialog and it will upload the file to the forum.

You can either stop here and the images will be attached to the bottom of your message or you can use the paper-clip icon to insert the images into your message, either one by one or all.

-----------------------------

Images Sizes

Todays digital camera's use high mega-pixel dimensions that may not properly upload to the forum. There are some free utilities you can use to quickly resize your images for use on this forum.

If you are using Windows XP, Microsoft offers a free powertoy for resizing images. Once installed, you can select the images you want to resize and then right click to access the resizer powertoy.

Image Resizer Powertoy (http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe)

If you are using Windows Vista/7, there is a third party application call VSO Resizer that will do the same thing. You can also resize the images by selecting them and then using the right click to select the VSO Resizer application.

VSO Image Resizer (http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer)

Resizing your images to fit a 1024x768 screen will usually convert them enough to be attached to messages.

I hope this helps!!

MJJ
Jan 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the resizer toy tip, William. Hadn't known about it before.

That gets my nod for Hot Tip Of The Month award.

swankster
Jan 18th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Thanks Kahuna, I to wasn't aware of this action; Resizer Powertoy.

At what point can or do you resize using this method?

I typically load the pics from the camera via the Zoom browser to the computer. At that point they're quite large when viewed or sent via e-mail. In fact way to large to use. I've been downsizing them using paint, but a tedious task, especially when you have a bunch.

I'm happy for Photobucket and Picture Trail "utilities", both of which I use.
But again I wasn't aware of the powertoy, thanks!

BTW, It's Funny, I should have known about the attachment menu below the message area. I just didn't scan down enough to take a look.

Swankster

MJJ
Jan 18th, 2008, 02:49 PM
At what point can or do you resize using this method?

Once installed, you have a context menu (right click) choice that says Resize Pictures. It's that easy. Haven't explored to see if it works on folders, recurses, stuff like that.

Big Kahuna
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
We now include the ability to upload images via URL. So if you have an image located on another site that you would like to attach, you can just copy and past the URL in the attachments dialog and it will upload the file to the forum.

GsxR1000Ryda
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:11 PM
We now include the ability to upload images via URL. So if you have an image located on another site that you would like to attach, you can just copy and past the URL in the attachments dialog and it will upload the file to the forum.

WOO HOO!!!
U Da Man BK

poach
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ok...I'm probably opening myself up for all manner of derision here, but the stupidest question is the one that goes unasked. So...what am I doing wrong here?

:confused::confused2::confused::confused2:

A Ninja Boot
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Ok...I'm probably opening myself up for all manner of derision here, but the stupidest question is the one that goes unasked. So...what am I doing wrong here?

:confused::confused2::confused::confused2:

I don't know a wheelie? You need to upload from your computer and not photobucket.

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:29 PM
it would be nice if we can just post the original picture here and not just a attachment

A Ninja Boot
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:32 PM
it would be nice if we can just post the original picture here and not just a attachment

The problem is, people will end up posting giant 1000by1000 pics without resizing them.

kidmoua
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:33 PM
The problem is, people will end up posting giant 1000by1000 pics without resizing them.

werd

thats the reason BK wont allow it

poach
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I don't know a wheelie? You need to upload from your computer and not photobucket.

So if you have an image located on another site that you would like to attach, you can just copy and past the URL and it will upload the file to the forum.

And btw, that wasn't any ol wheelie...i rode that sucker all the way out of t6 to the apex of the bus stop entrance in one continuous arc. Totally, full-on muggin' for the camera.:pound:

poach
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:36 PM
werd

thats the reason BK wont allow it

Totally understandable...I guess I just misunderstood BK's post re "other sites".

Big Kahuna
Jun 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Chris, you're almost there!

Read the instructions in the first post.

Instead of pasting your URL in the message body, paste in in the attachment window under "Upload file from URL".

Yes, it's that simple. :)

poach
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Woohoo!

Your friendly neighborhood TrackDaz staff..

poach
Jun 26th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Looks like I boogered it up again...

How did you fix the wheelie pic so it isn't outlined in an "attachment window"?

Big Kahuna
Jun 26th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Looks like I boogered it up again...

How did you fix the wheelie pic so it isn't outlined in an "attachment window"?If you want to insert an attachment into the post, you can so so by using the little paper clip icon in the tool bar in the advanced editing mode.

Again, it's all there in the first post!