PDA

View Full Version : 3/14 Dualsport Ride 09:00AM

montibank
Mar 14th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Starbucks @ 0900 Fowler and Herndon - Destination -> Dirt (most likely blue canyon but who really knows for sure?)

Show up if you wanna ride - So far 4 riders in. The guys showing up are all on plated dirtbikes, it should be a brisk pace off-road.

~

Michael

MikeinFresno
Mar 15th, 2009, 09:08 AM
how did it go and where did it go?

montibank
Mar 15th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Hah great... All over the place.

We started out up herndon to (at this point I got lost) then we hit dirt in the blue canyon area. Had some trouble finding the main entrance to the area encountered a closed gate. I am horrable about road names. Great direction sence, absolutely no head for names. I think we did roughly 150 miles about 70/30 dirt/road.

Ate lunch in shaver then headed back down the hill a ways to find another entrance in to the blue canyon area. I nearly ran down two guys on KTMs (sorry guys) but all in all a lot of fun. Three river crossings didn't stall my bike in one, one guy didn't have his airbox on, so he stalled in all all three :laugh:

Lots a fun, a little more road then you would have liked most likely.

Yer a KTM guy, if you needed to respring your 525 where would you go? I am all about second hand parts, if there is a prior year part that would fit my '08 530 that is a little stiffer I am totally game.

~

Michael

MikeinFresno
Mar 15th, 2009, 12:19 PM
good ride it sounds.

I do my own basic stuff, I buy used from KTMTALK.COM. Im a mod there and have quite a bit of experieince with the basics on KTMs. How much do you weigh without gear and I can tell you which springs for you. I have some here at the house also so you can try them out.

montibank
Mar 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
AWESOME!! I weigh 195 (spring summer weight) to 205 (month following any major holiday) but out riding I carry a few basic tools and 500ml of oil + my 1 liter hydration pack. I bottom out soooo easy. If I leave the ground more than a foot I hear the tire hitting the top of the wheel well.

I never seem to bottom out the front springs, only the rear.

I will likely take you up on that try out a spring offer, thanks man!

~

Michael

MikeinFresno
Mar 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM
44 front and 84 in the rear. I have 44 to try, no 84 rear tho. Confirm the forks are open cartridge or are they newer closed cartridge? I think CC came on 09s and 08 SX and XC.

montibank
Mar 18th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Oh, bummer. I was looking to try the rear spring only. Thats ok. I need to look up what is stock in the rear.

Is there anything like www.gearingcommander.com that does suspension?

Hoffbrew
Mar 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM
not much sense in doing the rear only. The susp will then be unbalanced and be funky.

montibank
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:48 PM
missed that response... its funky now...