PDA

View Full Version : Chain and sprockets

rwhaleyii
Mar 9th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I need a serious answer. I am new to the motorcycle repair and have a problem. Someone is telling me a chain and sprocket set for a 99 F4 will fit on my 97 F3. I know the rear sprocket is the same but will the front sprocket and chain also work. Thanks for reading this and any input is gladly appreciated.:confused2:

wildbear
Mar 9th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I have no idea about that. Mine is shaft driven. But I'm sure someone here can help. Right guys?

just ride
Mar 10th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Different part numbers in the catalogs. I would say no, it would not fit.
Matt
CWS Motorsports
559 285 2341

SF Boyz
Mar 10th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I need a serious answer. I am new to the motorcycle repair and have a problem. Someone is telling me a chain and sprocket set for a 99 F4 will fit on my 97 F3. I know the rear sprocket is the same but will the front sprocket and chain also work. Thanks for reading this and any input is gladly appreciated.:confused2:

possible but did the person that tell you actually do it??? if so than yeah it'll fit, but y not just get the right stuff or are you just getting some info? many many bikes use same front sprockets even on different mfrs. But to answer your specific question personally I dont know. And the books aren't always right.

rwhaleyii
Mar 12th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I just ordered the original parts for my bike. I had a friend who was going to put a conversion on his F4 and then changed his mind. He was trying to convince me it would work. But I would not listen and did not get a warm and fuzzy when I was comparing parts from his bike and mine. Thanks for all the input though.