PDA

View Full Version : Question about camping at Miami Trails

branktm
Mar 1st, 2009, 06:16 PM
We are thinking about camping out at miami trails at the end of the month for my B-day. we are gonna take a travel trailer but was curious what do i need to be aware of as rules for camping up there. I ride up there pretty much once a week, and am not sure if i can just park and camp, or if i need a permit for a camp fire. If there are certain rules for running a generator. I dunno just dont feel like paying for a ticket basically.....

megabytebige
Mar 1st, 2009, 06:30 PM
We are thinking about camping out at miami trails at the end of the month for my B-day. we are gonna take a travel trailer but was curious what do i need to be aware of as rules for camping up there. I ride up there pretty much once a week, and am not sure if i can just park and camp, or if i need a permit for a camp fire. If there are certain rules for running a generator. I dunno just dont feel like paying for a ticket basically.....

How mant are you talking i have great floor space????

branktm
Mar 2nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
How mant are you talking i have great floor space????

just a few

branktm
Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
Seriously???? no help from anyone?????..............................

MikeinFresno
Mar 12th, 2009, 06:17 AM
no rules to speak of, Im sure a fire permit is required. Probly be no one else there spending the weekend due to the time of year.

GreeNug
Mar 12th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Sorry dude I've been busy moving & such. N E wayz I camp up there from time to time and yes to be totally legal you will need a fire permit to have any kind of open flame, propane stoves included. I have never actually been checked for a fire permit when camping on the Miami Creek side of hwy.41, the rangers usually only check the registration on the bikes @ camp. But camping on the other side of 41, Fresno Dome, Granite Peak ect. I almost always get checked for the fire permit?

I am not sure of any rules for the generators as I have never brought one up, but I don't think there is anything. I usually get my fire permit for the year, yes they are good for a year after buying one, @ the ranger station across from the Bass Lake turn off or across from the Mnt. House Cafe place (yummm) on the west side of hwy. 41 and they used to be $5, not sure this year?

I try to avoid the main staging area like the plague when camping up there. If you take the second or even the third turn off into Miami there are some really nice camp spots back in there, but if you go up too far it might be snowed in still? Best of luck guy, ride safe and have a blast!