PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for Buttonwillow Feb 14/15/16!

StreetFanaticEd
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
It seems like alot of peeps are going, post up here so we all know what day and class you riding!:)

StreetFanaticEd
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:38 AM
BTW im doing SUNDAY and MONDAY:D

Calkidd
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Riding B because I have never ridden this bike on the track.

StreetFanaticEd
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Riding B because I have never ridden this bike on the track.

Are you riding your R1?

Calkidd
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Are you riding your R1?Yes....no more itty bitty 600 for me.

StreetFanaticEd
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Yes....no more itty bitty 600 for me.

:( im still in a itty bitty 600.....one day. oneday!!! LOL

desmolvr
Jan 30th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Come on it's only a few more HP & I have seen you ride - You are going to get bumped after the first 1 or 2 sessions.

Calkidd
Jan 30th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Come on it's only a few more HP & I have seen you ride - You are going to get bumped after the first 1 or 2 sessions.
Yeah like 50 more....I am sure I will, but baby steps.

Blakester
Jan 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Most likely Monday I will go out and play, probaly won't know til you guys show up at my house on sunday night.:D

speedjunkie
Jan 30th, 2009, 04:50 PM
was gonna go play on monday after my race but something came up so i cant now :(

i shall be at big willow fighting for the podium tho :D

march 1st its on tho gents.

hey derrick i email lockhart phillips and the guy responded but when i sent him the rest of my info he never responded....

Blakester
Jan 30th, 2009, 06:27 PM
was gonna go play on monday after my race but something came up so i cant now :(

i shall be at big willow fighting for the podium tho :D

march 1st its on tho gents.

hey derrick i email lockhart phillips and the guy responded but when i sent him the rest of my info he never responded....

Just call him, he is really cool.:)

StreetFanaticEd
Feb 2nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Most likely Monday I will go out and play, probaly won't know til you guys show up at my house on sunday night.:D

:word: i cant wait

SyKoTiK
Feb 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM
im all signed up for B only monday though See you guys there

StreetFanaticEd
Feb 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
im all signed up for B only monday though See you guys there

see you there...:D

SyKoTiK
Feb 4th, 2009, 11:59 PM
see you there...:D

you will have your camera on your bike right you know of any one that would let me borrow one?

Blakester
Feb 5th, 2009, 09:43 AM
you will have your camera on your bike right you know of any one that would let me borrow one?

I have a action cam that mounts on your tank and I will have it out there and you can use it, if I do end up riding, I can get some footage of you as well, I am sure Mark will let me play in B group for a session or two to film you guys. Here is a video that I mounted the camera on my buddie's R6 and he filmed me doing a warm up lap going about 75%.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYayognmJqQ

SyKoTiK
Feb 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
that would be kool thanks

Devlausdan
Feb 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Can't recall who posted it up, but wasn't there some talk of a discount to get monday's $125 down to $95?

Anyone know the discount code?

up in smoke
Feb 7th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Can't recall who posted it up, but wasn't there some talk of a discount to get monday's $125 down to $95?

Anyone know the discount code?

http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3655

up in smoke
Feb 7th, 2009, 09:37 PM
just got confirmation from mark.
sat = cw
sun = CCW!
mon = cw

Calkidd
Feb 8th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I am a little concerned about the weather that weekend.

YamiR1
Feb 8th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, im going on monday if I get my bike down there..haha

Joe Average
Feb 8th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I am a little concerned about the weather that weekend.
yeah, weather.com is calling for showers next weekend. still a week away. lets hope.

GSXR888
Feb 9th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Be careful out there guys rain is in the forcast till Weds of next week.:(

Calkidd
Feb 9th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Well, I checked both Accuweather and The Weather Channel. Both are saying rain, but looking on the bright side it says 30% chance. So there should be some opportunity for some track time with out the rain.

up in smoke
Feb 9th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Well, I checked both Accuweather and The Weather Channel. Both are saying rain, but looking on the bright side it says 30% chance. So there should be some opportunity for some track time with out the rain.

better to have rain then fog. riding in the rain might be fun , just wet:) i was thinking about going to cycle gear and buying a set of cheap sport touring tires. i am kicking myself for burning up a set of wets i had on my z:(

Devlausdan
Feb 10th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Be careful out there guys rain is in the forcast till Weds of next week.:(

better to have rain then fog. riding in the rain might be fun , just wet:) i was thinking about going to cycle gear and buying a set of cheap sport touring tires. i am kicking myself for burning up a set of wets i had on my z:(

Yeah, this is exactly how the ride will be. Watch this clip until the end.

YouTube - Highside on wet track at Button Willow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiQpzK2JOLE)

StreetFanaticEd
Feb 10th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Damn.......:( im bummed out

YamiR1
Feb 10th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Damn.......:( im bummed out

:word:x10 this will suck big time if it rains for sure..

kidmoua
Feb 10th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I'm not bumm at all..

up in smoke
Feb 10th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Yeah, this is exactly how the ride will be. Watch this clip until the end.

YouTube - Highside on wet track at Button Willow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiQpzK2JOLE)

the rain didn't cause that wreck. he made a mistake, then tried to square up the corner.

mrlopez
Feb 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Ouchh face down :(

Devlausdan
Feb 12th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Get ready guys. Get ready to just sleep in. You guys are ***** out luck. Rain all weekend.

Wile_E_Coyote
Feb 12th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Get ready guys. Get ready to just sleep in. You guys are ***** out luck. Rain all weekend.

Gosh Dan, you're so positive. There is a reasonable chance that it will be only light rain. And a decent chance of a drying track. Not to mention, a good opportunity how to ride smooth in wet conditions. If I paid for it I'd be riding fo sho.

Calkidd
Feb 12th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I didn't pay that kind of money to just sleep in and stay home. I will go and hope for the best.

speedjunkie
Feb 12th, 2009, 11:26 AM
well i was gonna go but from the looks of it i might take my chances at the race at willow springs instead

poach
Feb 12th, 2009, 11:59 AM

fwiw...swooping right into the race line on entry like the videographer did is a big no-no. Whether the rider was staff or customer makes no difference...

hippylong
Feb 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
have fun all,
I have to work.
In these times I guess I should be thankful for that..

mrlopez
Feb 12th, 2009, 01:01 PM
In these times I guess I should be thankful for that..
+1

up in smoke
Feb 12th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I'm gunna have a good time:)

Blakester
Feb 12th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'm gunna have a good time:)

That's the spirit..:D

Jester
Feb 12th, 2009, 03:13 PM
the rain didn't cause that wreck. he made a mistake, then tried to square up the corner.
If you watch his line, he was intentionally trying to stay out of puddles the camera bike rode through without problem.

Paying mote attention to the standing water than his line perhaps??

Have fun Y'all!!

Blakester
Feb 12th, 2009, 07:16 PM
If you watch his line, he was intentionally trying to stay out of puddles the camera bike rode through without problem.

Paying mote attention to the standing water than his line perhaps??

Have fun Y'all!!

Those shiny areas aren't puddles, though there is alittle sitting water, but not enough to try to avoid, those are just patchwork that are different color and when wet are very shiny. If there were puddles like that on the track, the track company is not doing a good job cause there is a truck there with a blower that drives around the track and blows off the water.

MadKaw
Feb 13th, 2009, 07:22 AM
going on Valentines's day????

I think Pink wrote a song about what comes next......:confused2:

MadKaw
Feb 13th, 2009, 12:33 PM
oh come on, no one knows what song that is:popcorn:

YamiR1
Feb 15th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I heard its partly cloudy and pretty nice..But tommorow says 80% rain at 5 am

YamiR1
Feb 15th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Sucks I cant go.:( im signed up and paid for the first..but a nice practice day on config 13 tomorrow would have been nice..:(

Jester
Feb 16th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Those shiny areas aren't puddles, though there is alittle sitting water, but not enough to try to avoid, those are just patchwork that are different color and when wet are very shiny. If there were puddles like that on the track, the track company is not doing a good job cause there is a truck there with a blower that drives around the track and blows off the water.Right. Observing the rider who crashed and the the rider in front and the path of the camera bike, I'd say the crash happened when Dianese guy tried to get back on line after going off line to avoid one of those shiney areas with sitting water on it. Having never ridden BW I'll bow to your greater experience.

Well, how was it?? Any boring track video:sleep:?? I wanna see!!

Blakester
Feb 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Right. Observing the rider who crashed and the the rider in front and the path of the camera bike, I'd say the crash happened when Dianese guy tried to get back on line after going off line to avoid one of those shiney areas with sitting water on it. Having never ridden BW I'll bow to your greater experience.

Well, how was it?? Any boring track video:sleep:?? I wanna see!!

Nope, I didn't end up going out today and it is raining here right now, so I am glad I didn't. Also, the Dianese guy, we'll just call him that, I don't think the guy knew any line at all and was just trying to make it around the track, C group rider that don't look like he had much track experiece.

SyKoTiK
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM
:mad:

mrlopez
Feb 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
:mad:

Was that for?:confused2:

chromefonica
Feb 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
if the track is going to be like in the video, why pay a couple hundred dollars when i can just cruise around fresno at 25 mph. that looked boring as hell.

Jester
Feb 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM
:mad:You OK RamZ?? You didn't scuff up those leathers did you?

GsxR1000Ryda
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Nope, I didn't end up going out today and it is raining here right now, so I am glad I didn't. Also, the Dianese guy, we'll just call him that, I don't think the guy knew any line at all and was just trying to make it around the track, C group rider that don't look like he had much track experiece.

was it Yami?

aaw749r
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:43 PM
was it Yami?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

SyKoTiK
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Was that for?:confused2:

You OK RamZ?? You didn't scuff up those leathers did you?

no i just didnt go cuz i kept watching the weather and it was raining when i woke up this morning so i didnt go

Calkidd
Feb 16th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Well Sunday was a beautiful day with sunny skies all day long. Broke in the R1 (not literally) and I am slowly starting to learn the bike.

It was good to see Tony, Ed, Jacob and Shane out there I hope you guys had fun.

Monday it rain pretty much from the start of the day. The track was very wet and I did not even bother putting on my leathers.

kidmoua
Feb 16th, 2009, 09:11 PM
was it Yami?

:weirdface:

:pound:

desmolvr
Feb 17th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I did not even go out on Monday. i am hoping Mark will maybe give me some credit towards anoter day for as many days as I ride with them.

I am now signed up for 3/1 hope to see everyone there.

PapaBear
Feb 17th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Well Sunday was a beautiful day with sunny skies all day long. Broke in the R1 (not literally) and I am slowly starting to learn the bike.

It was good to see Tony, Ed, diego, Jacob and Shane out there I hope you guys had fun.

Monday it rain pretty much from the start of the day. The track was very wet and I did not even bother putting on my leathers.

dont forget about me.... i had a blast following you around for one of the sessions.

habu
Feb 17th, 2009, 01:39 PM
There where a few riding Monday...rain or shine. Saw Pete out there in the hail! He forced his kid out in the rain, wind, hail....he did want to go out in it. He came in took his helmet off...low and behold there was a smile. He goes, " that was fun, boy did I learn alot." We got a couple of sesions with a break in the weather. Wet, but no rain or hail. Wind even died down. A couple of the guys said there were able to get about 50 laps in. All that doging the weather.

Good times out there.

YamiR1
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:02 PM
huh, hes talking about the video? and no it was not me..I didnt even get to go to this track day..damn you will. its on.

StreetFanaticEd
Feb 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
huh, hes talking about the video? and no it was not me..I didnt even get to go to this track day..damn you will. its on.

LOL looks like a deathmatch for March 1st!:popcorn:

Big Kahuna
Feb 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
LOL looks like a deathmatch for March 1st!:popcorn:Fight, fight, fight, fight....

Calkidd
Feb 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
dont forget about me.... i had a blast following you around for one of the sessions.
Diego, I am so sorry, I do remember and it was a great time. You did very well I was very impressed.

PapaBear
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Diego, I am so sorry, I do remember and it was a great time. You did very well I was very impressed.
:mad:jk.any advise