PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna ride Enduro/back country

1"ckNstrIps
Jan 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
:)the weathers gettin better and im wanna see who all has or likes riding enduro. Mainly trail in the aubery/prather area close to fresno. lookin for good trails and loops. anything really.

Im also intrested in riding from Edison Lake above Huntington Lake, East and cross over into the nevada side. Ive always wanted to hike this but figured with some patience, why not take it on a bike. Its only about 15 miles max.
Just an idea. possible i think. :rolleyes:

ApriliaJoe
Jan 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
i'm in baby!!!

sanford
Jan 13th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Can't do it legally. But if nobody sees you , well no way could you get away with it. Too many hippies .

montibank
Jan 14th, 2009, 01:03 AM
If you are looking for plated dirtbike riders in your area go here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249462&page=161

I got one of them N-Duro thinga magiggers too. Plan ning rides on em all the time. I usually ride about 1~3 days a month. Private message me if you are interested in getting out with a new bunch o guys on that motorsickle.

Cheers,

Michael

just ride
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I'm in! Just let me know when and where.
Matt

up in smoke
Jan 14th, 2009, 01:59 PM
you cant do on a motorcycle.:chase: iv hiked it. its about 30 mi from edison to mammoth.

Wile_E_Coyote
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Im also intrested in riding from Edison Lake above Huntington Lake, East and cross over into the nevada side. Ive always wanted to hike this but figured with some patience, why not take it on a bike. Its only about 15 miles max.

Pretty sure there are no omv roads in that area that cross the sierra crest, nor should there be. Hike it, you will enjoy it better. I know I do.

sanford
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Knee hurts .....no more hikey, just bikey !:(

1"ckNstrIps
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM
hiking= Damn! i have to walk all the way back.

Riding= F(*^k yeah, i get to do that all over again!:zdrool:

JonJon
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
hiking= Damn! i have to walk all the way back.

Riding= F(*^k yeah, i get to do that all over again!:zdrool:

Hiking: Damn! I am a machine!
Riding: cool.. just rode a machine.. I rock..

Fixed ;)

1"ckNstrIps
Jan 15th, 2009, 11:01 AM
:shortbus:

anyway, for those of us with enough self confidence to ride a machine(this is a motorcycle forum), back to the subject:D

hehe no offense!

Mooney 78865
Jan 15th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I'd be up for it. What are you riding? I don't ride a dual sport. I've a few enduros under my belt and would enjoy the company.

Mooney 78865
Jan 15th, 2009, 01:14 PM
:)the weathers gettin better and im wanna see who all has or likes riding enduro. Mainly trail in the aubery/prather area close to fresno. lookin for good trails and loops. anything really.

There is legal stuff to ride there?

1"ckNstrIps
Jan 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM
im really not sure on the legality of crossing to mamoth. i figuered its just open land. Im not really planing on riding anywhere near a designated hiking trail. Just pick a direction and go. completely by compass n the stars. :D

Those of you who have hiked it, is there a trail the whole way? do you have to cross country at all?? and how long can you make it there hiking(just incase something happens and i have to walk back)

Mooney 78865
Jan 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
How about a trip to Miami or 007 for those interested? Snow is going to be a problem at any elevation above 4000ft or so. I know a few of the better trails at either location.....
I'm not thrilled about riding in non desiginated areas, no plate, no lights, red sticker.

Wile_E_Coyote
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:34 PM
im really not sure on the legality of crossing to mamoth. i figuered its just open land. Im not really planing on riding anywhere near a designated hiking trail. Just pick a direction and go. completely by compass n the stars. :D

Those of you who have hiked it, is there a trail the whole way? do you have to cross country at all?? and how long can you make it there hiking(just incase something happens and i have to walk back)

There are hiking trails, but I'm 99.99% sure that it is illegal to take an off road vehicle through there. Not to mention, I'm guessing you've never had a ground eye view of the sierra crest. There are off road trails in the sierras, but none that cross the crest (that I know of). If you want something fun, try the Courtright to Florence trail. It is a legal off road trail and you'll get that sense of going somewhere.

up in smoke
Jan 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM

yes there is a designated trail. you wont make it on a bike unless you use the trail and you wouldn't make it on the trail because its hard to ride with hiking sticks in your spokes.
its about a 2 day hike.

2manywheels
Jan 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM
All that land to the east is officially designated as wilderness. You can't even ride a bicycle on it.
I'm no tree hugger, and it sucks that they lock up more and more land, but there ARE places where motorized vehicles really shouldn't go.

sanford
Jan 16th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Don't worry about hiking out, they'll be happy to fly you out in a helicopter. But you should go for it, it would be interesting to read about later. Either a story about sucessfully making it or about being attacked by angry hikers (happened to me once)and then being strip searched by gay rangers (never happened to me) Anyway it would make a good story...even if you just made it up. Go for it dude !

montibank
Jan 24th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Dual sport ride tomorrow... If interested drop me a line here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8901844#post8901844