PDA

View Full Version : Some HID Help

Red Wasp
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I got some HID's form my R6 a couple of months ago and my hight beam works fine but its the low beam on my bike that is giving me some trouble. It worked , I think, on my first two rides and then since then all it does is flash like it is trying to come on when I first start the bike and then it shuts back off. Since the bulbs and ballasts were new I thought that maybe the bike wasnt pulling enough power at start up to power up the bulb so I got a delay switch for it. Now that I have just installed it and It is still doing the same thing I have really come to the end of my rope and was wondering if anyone else on here ever had the same kind of problems. I am inclined to think that it is the ballast since the light seems like it wants to power up but doesnt completly do so, any advice or second opinions would help thanks.

NightStalkeR1
Jan 3rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
I was going to install some on my bike but I was told that they screw with the stater for reason. I was told that from a few people but not sure if its true or not. I decided not to hassle with them

yoageallen
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
The ballast is bad. I have been running bikes with these for a long time. I love them.

Scarman
Jan 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
I've seen that happen with a poor ground connection. Make sure you connect to the negative battery terminal and not to the frame somewhere. A good clean ground is important for HIDs.

SyKoTiK
Jan 4th, 2009, 05:19 AM
sounds like the ballist is bad try running the lowbeam light to the other ballist and see if that works cuz all u realy need is the low beam

Jester
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:08 AM
sounds like the ballist is bad try running the lowbeam light to the other ballist and see if that works cuz all u realy need is the low beamGood Test RamZ. HIDs Rock ALL!! No problem with my starter, yo?

Perhaps you heard that from a friend of a friend of a friend Aaron??

SyKoTiK
Jan 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Good Test RamZ. HIDs Rock ALL!! No problem with my starter, yo?

Perhaps you heard that from a friend of a friend of a friend Aaron??

i think arron was talkin about the stator/alternator

Red Wasp
Jan 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Alright guys thanks I give it a try.

carlton26
Jan 4th, 2009, 12:23 PM
i have hid's and they work great. a while back my high beam went out. so i decided to change the ballast. and that solved my problem. i was having the same problem with it flickering. so my advice is to change the ballast, it is probably bad.