PDA

View Full Version : for all the new track riders

SF Boyz
Dec 31st, 2008, 02:38 AM
just thought you might be interested in this:D thought it was kinda tite.

http://bikerpunks.com/mediaviewer/490/video-of-the-new-dainese-airbag-suit.html

Blakester
Dec 31st, 2008, 09:21 AM
Great idea anything for safety I am all for it.:D

wsmc99
Jan 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Looks a bit phony. That guy is tumbling on purpose cause if he laid back it would have just been a slide on his back.
Interesting idea though.

Blakester
Jan 3rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Looks a bit phony. That guy is tumbling on purpose cause if he laid back it would have just been a slide on his back.
Interesting idea though.

Of course, looks like he was just demonstrating how it works and how in a brutal high side it may really save a rider. I doubt he is gonna test it while doing a high side..LOL

wsmc99
Jan 3rd, 2009, 03:26 PM
Of course, looks like he was just demonstrating how it works and how in a brutal high side it may really save a rider. I doubt he is gonna test it while doing a high side..LOL

Oh what's the fun in that, really? :D
Looks like some neck injury could be negated, but the collar bone is the most common injury.

ginaZ1000
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
now do they make one for the bike? haha just kiddin

wsmc99
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, where's the teflon bodywork? ;-)

"so...how long have you been driving cycles?" I like that, I thought I was the only one that was bothered by that specific symantic error!

GsxR1000Ryda
Jan 3rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
My only concern would but if it detonated while riding.......

ti2ttmatt
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Hmmmmmm... Kinda crazy for sure. Could really be beneficial but that particular crash sequence was pretty low impact. What if the thing sort of just "went off" unexpectedly while in the middle of a turn? Playing Devil's Advocate on that one.

I am all for EVERYTHING that is more safety oriented but I am not sure, at least from that snippet, that the new Dianese suit would do much. We'll see.

Wile_E_Coyote
Jan 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Dainese is the one behind this one. They've been working on it a while. I think it was crash tested in race conditions, but it was a few years ago. Not sure if they ever went ahead with it.