PDA

View Full Version : Emission Control ???

cypher--x
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:49 PM
So I got myself a bit of a bonus this week and decided to spend it all on my bike. I went down to CG and bought a new chock and was going to get some SS brake lines when I saw the JuiceBox. Got me thinking that this would be money better spent so I talked it up with my fav sales man and ended up buying a new power command III along with my chock.

As we talked about install he mentioned the removal of the emission controls and i had never thought about it (not sure why, taken off every other thing i own in CA) He stated all i need was some block off plates ($20-$30). What i am trying to find is what is okay to remove and what i should leave alone. I know many have done this and i just wanted to know if anyone had photo or a guide on how to remove this junk?

While i searched for emission removal i also came across a TRE (timing Retard Eliminator) Is this something i should be looking at also???

SyKoTiK
Dec 16th, 2008, 11:13 PM
So I got myself a bit of a bonus this week and decided to spend it all on my bike. I went down to CG and bought a new chock and was going to get some SS brake lines when I saw the JuiceBox. Got me thinking that this would be money better spent so I talked it up with my fav sales man and ended up buying a new power command III along with my chock.

As we talked about install he mentioned the removal of the emission controls and i had never thought about it (not sure why, taken off every other thing i own in CA) He stated all i need was some block off plates ($20-$30). What i am trying to find is what is okay to remove and what i should leave alone. I know many have done this and i just wanted to know if anyone had photo or a guide on how to remove this junk?

While i searched for emission removal i also came across a TRE (timing Retard Eliminator) Is this something i should be looking at also???

i wanted to do the airbox modd on my bike but never figured it out.. but tre i have one on my bike felt a bit of a difference

chromefonica
Dec 16th, 2008, 11:34 PM

what emissions stuff are you talking about?

SyKoTiK
Dec 16th, 2008, 11:42 PM
wait ur bike is an 01 u shouldnt have any emissions on it ?

Sticka
Dec 17th, 2008, 12:03 AM
You wont notice any difference.....just leave it alone.

SF Boyz
Dec 17th, 2008, 12:25 AM
You wont notice any difference.....just leave it alone.

what????? of course you can feel the difference. Heck yes take all the emissions off. Thats the first thing I'll do, and it's a must if it's a track bike.
Its gonna consume a little more gas but well worth it.

SOUN1
Dec 17th, 2008, 08:15 AM
i wanted to do the airbox modd on my bike but never figured it out.. but tre i have one on my bike felt a bit of a difference

You want to do an air box mod. ? Bring out your hiden stash of cash or "no limit" spending card..Dyno runs + custom map = BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Sticka
Dec 17th, 2008, 08:29 AM
what????? of course you can feel the difference. Heck yes take all the emissions off. Thats the first thing I'll do, and it's a must if it's a track bike.

Really? So how much extra HP are you going to get?

SyKoTiK
Dec 17th, 2008, 08:31 AM
You want to do an air box mod. ? Bring out your hiden stash of cash or "no limit" spending card..Dyno runs + custom map = BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

umm i dont get it ??:confused2: i already had my bike dyno tuned..

SOUN1
Dec 17th, 2008, 09:08 AM
umm i dont get it ??:confused2: i already had my bike dyno tuned..

By making you box smaller or bigger disrupts the air flow to your tune bike. You can spend a ***** load of money and you can never get it right due to the fact that you add or subtract performance parts after the bike is tuned. It's cheaper in the long run with less head ach, just buy a liter bike. Why your going to spend so much time and money to get 10 more horse when you can jump to a 1000.I understand the upgrade parts are nice to have.

JonJon
Dec 17th, 2008, 09:09 AM
By making you box smaller or bigger disrupts the air flow to your tune bike. You can spend a ***** load of money and you can never get it right due to the fact that you add or subtract performance parts after the bike is tuned. It's cheaper in the long run with less head ach, just buy a liter bike. Why your going to spend so much time and money to get 10 more horse when you can jump to a 1000.I understand the upgrade parts are nice to have.

:word: just get a 1k Ramsey.

Joe Average
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:51 AM
but people do the exact same mods to their 1000. it's not like people buy the 1000 and then leave it completely stock. "too much is just right."

KRAYZ1
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:55 AM
the TRE (timing Retard Eliminator) is the best thing for the buck , my brother has it on his DL1000 and his SV1000 and that was one of the frist things he did to the bike's

Wile_E_Coyote
Dec 17th, 2008, 11:01 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you bought this through a local Cycle Gear you didn't get the 49-State Power Commander. From what I have been told, there is a difference between this one and the one sold for California.

Red Wasp
Dec 17th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you bought this through a local Cycle Gear you didn't get the 49-State Power Commander. From what I have been told, there is a difference between this one and the one sold for California.

Ya I have heard the same thing, everything here in cali is all tree hugger friendly...

Sprocket
Dec 17th, 2008, 11:41 AM
power commander III is the real one. the California model is called ex or something

hippylong
Dec 17th, 2008, 12:38 PM
all this money spent on 600's when all you needed to do was buy a 750..
hehe

kidmoua
Dec 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
hehe

:weirdface:

dude's got a 1K

JonJon
Dec 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM
hehe

:weirdface:

dude's got a 1K

*epic fail music* wahh, wahhhhhh :(

SyKoTiK
Dec 17th, 2008, 01:32 PM
:word: just get a 1k Ramsey.

find me a gixxer 1k for a good deal and ill get one

JonJon
Dec 17th, 2008, 02:10 PM

Seriously? Don't tease me, cuz I'll bombard craigslist with the quickness! What years? color schemes? :D

SyKoTiK
Dec 17th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Seriously? Don't tease me, cuz I'll bombard craigslist with the quickness! What years? color schemes? :D

i want an 07 08 but ill take a 06 maybe black and orange/white blue/ white/

cypher--x
Dec 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM

They ordered it out of Navada to aviod this.

cypher--x
Dec 17th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Do you only need the block off plates to do this???

sPAnKy1600
Dec 17th, 2008, 05:25 PM

or find you a terrible deal and i'm sure you'll still say your getting it

SyKoTiK
Dec 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM

you gota problem or somthing?:confused2:

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 17th, 2008, 06:30 PM

You guys need a time out or what

sPAnKy1600
Dec 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM

you got sand in your gina or wat?:confused2:

Sticka
Dec 17th, 2008, 08:50 PM
i want an 07 08 but ill take a 06 maybe black and orange/white blue/ white/

How about an 06 with 2xxx miles for $6,000?

SyKoTiK
Dec 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM
How about an 06 with 2xxx miles for $6,000?

what color

Sticka
Dec 17th, 2008, 09:52 PM
what color

Black. It's not mine. And I was mistaken, it is an 05 (same specs as 06).
Here is the link. (http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276749)
I think it is a bargain....

SyKoTiK
Dec 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Black. It's not mine. And I was mistaken, it is an 05 (same specs as 06).
Here is the link. (http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276749)
I think it is a bargain....

thats a great deal ill let u know about that really soon

Sticka
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM

Just so that you know. I do not know the seller or the bike. I just saw it and thought I would pass it on but if I was in the market for another 1000 I would give it a serious look. :D

SyKoTiK
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Just so that you know. I do not know the seller or the bike. I just saw it and thought I would pass it on but if I was in the market for another 1000 I would give it a serious look. :D

ya i saw that guys email on the page well see what happens

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:06 PM

get it son!

SyKoTiK
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
get it son!

i sent him an email ill probly go check it out

sPAnKy1600
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:21 PM
:pound:

cypher--x
Dec 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM
^^^^^^^^
|||||||||||||

:myhijackedX:

Jetprop
Dec 19th, 2008, 04:39 PM
You said it, what was this thread about again. I take it you got it figured out without the help of these jokers!