PDA

View Full Version : Here She Is....

Red Wasp
Dec 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Well I got my new exhaust done today and wanted to show you guys so let me know what you think about it. I am still planning on getting it powdercoated so its not quite done yet but It will definatley wake the neighbors.....:evilgrin0013:

Jester
Dec 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Well I got my new exhaust done today and wanted to show you guys so let me know what you think about it. I am still planning on getting it powdercoated so its not quite done yet but It will definatley wake the neighbors.....:evilgrin0013:

5954Man that Bitsh looks LOUD just sittin there!! Nice bend. You sure you don't wanna get em Chromed?? They'd look slick all blued out!! Nice Job Will.

GSXR888
Dec 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Looking good!;)

up in smoke
Dec 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Man that Bitsh looks LOUD just sittin there!! Nice bend. You sure you don't wanna get em Chromed?? They'd look slick all blued out!! Nice Job Will.

the only way those pipes would look good is if you would paint them with invisible paint:p put the stock pipe back on:thumbsup: you asked and that's what i think.

bigdyang
Dec 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
wonder if you're gonna lose power or gain power? most likely lose at low end, and gain at highs.... but oh well, that r6 likes to party at 20k rpms anyway right? :D

speedjunkie
Dec 9th, 2008, 09:11 PM
just get some nice earplugs and hope the cops are nice.....

hopefully you dont lose to much hp

aaw749r
Dec 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Chopperesque.

YtseJam
Dec 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Honestly....just not for me.

And you may want to find a "I Support Law Enforcement" bumper sticker, that may get you just a warning.;)

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 9th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Looks loud not fast

Agustin
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hurts my ears just looking at it.

Toecutter
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
And you may want to find a "I Support Law Enforcement" bumper sticker, that may get you just a warning.;)
Cops around here care about loud bikes? Sure coulda fooled me. Or is it just loud metric bikes they care about?

I'd love ta pop some SuperTrapps on my pipes just to ride by the road house redlinin'...

This thread is worthless without a sound clip....

Red Wasp
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Man that Bitsh looks LOUD just sittin there!! Nice bend. You sure you don't wanna get em Chromed?? They'd look slick all blued out!! Nice Job Will.

Ya I would love to chrome them but..... I guess I could start a "Good Will" charity fund....lol

Cops around here care about loud bikes? Sure coulda fooled me. Or is it just loud metric bikes they care about?

I'd love ta pop some SuperTrapps on my pipes just to ride by the road house redlinin'...

This thread is worthless without a sound clip....

Ya exactly, why do the Harley guys get off sounding like someone cut the muffler off an old station wagon and we cant do the same cuz "its too loud". waaaaahhhhh what a bunch of winey babies....lol

Red Wasp
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hurts my ears just looking at it.

Ya but probably not as much as your avitar is hurting my eyes :D

killa kali
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM
not hatin on it, but i don't like them...i've never been a fan of just exhausts that just look like an extended midpipe...a KR-tuned would look so sick on ur cherry red 6

just my:zz2cents:

hippylong
Dec 9th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Chopperesque.

agreed.

Calkidd
Dec 9th, 2008, 11:00 PM
With out the proper dyno tuning, you might very well have lost some HP.

NightStalkeR1
Dec 9th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I almost got some like that for my cruiser

gsxr_man
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Honestly....just not for me.

:word: I miss the days of my "LOUD" pipe, but I don't miss the tickets. Last summer our wonderful PD hit me with 3 tickets in 4 mounths.

gsxr_man
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I almost got some like that for my cruiser

I've thought about it too.... not that mine aren't loud enough already.

Sprocket
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I like it. I'd get it dyno tuned for sure though.

JonJon
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Very nice man. I'm also not much of an extended mid-pipe look fan, but I definitely applaud the work you did. Not a whole lot of people can say they built their own exhaust. :thumbsup:

Joe Average
Dec 10th, 2008, 12:37 PM
props on the fabrication but not my thing.

rated_r1
Dec 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Good job bro, looks real nice. I liked a Boz Bros exhuast that was single can but looked similar to that. I wouldent mind switching up my R1 exhuast and have it coming out the end of the catch/belly pan. You do good work, whether ppl like it or not I know they have to atleast give you props for being able to do that.

kidmoua
Dec 10th, 2008, 03:05 PM
props on the fabrication but not my thing.

major

SNAX1RS
Dec 10th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Here may be a stupid question but when you get a exhaust ticket what do they do now?
Is it not a fix it ticket? :confused2:

I have gotten many in my old CRX and I just had a friend sign it off. Then I got sent to Good old Skip the Ref and mine was under the aloun amount of decibel's so it got dismissed.

kidmoua
Dec 10th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Here may be a stupid question but when you get a exhaust ticket what do they do now?

I have gotten many in my old CRX and I just had a friend sign it off. Then I got sent to Good old Skip the Ref and mine was under the aloun amount of decibel's so it got dismissed.

what's your take on this mister ociffer man..

Calkidd
Dec 10th, 2008, 03:59 PM
My first question is who told this was not a fix it ticket? Second, as far as I know this is still a fix it ticket.

YtseJam
Dec 10th, 2008, 04:03 PM
It's not a moving violation, although you may get one IN ADDITION TO, depending on whether you look like the cops ex-wifes boyfriend.

It's a fix it ticket, so either find someone who is authorized to sign it off, or fix it and take it down to the Cop Store and have them do it.

SNAX1RS
Dec 10th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Oh ok thanks. No one told me that it wasn't a fix it ticket I was wondering what the big deal was. If you get a ticket just put the old one on and get it signed off. I know it sounds like a pain but I have to undo the whole exhaust system every time I change my oil.

gsxr_man
Dec 10th, 2008, 04:05 PM

Speaking from expierence....I though it was as simple as that, so I had a friend of mine sign it off. When I got to the courthouse to pay my $10 they told me I had to go to a referee shop and get a certificate showing my bike was fixed, so I would of had to put my stock exhaust back on pay $$ to get the cert and put my aftermarket back on again. That was more trouble then I wanted to deal with so I paid the ticket 3 times. After the 3rd it started to get expensive so I got rid of the pipe.

SNAX1RS
Dec 10th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Speaking from expierence....I though it was as simple as that, so I had a friend of mine sign it off. When I got to the courthouse to pay my $10 they told me I had to go to a referee shop and get a certificate showing my bike was fixed, so I would of had to put my stock exhaust back on pay $$ to get the cert and put my aftermarket back on again. That was more trouble then I wanted to deal with so I paid the ticket 3 times. After the 3rd it started to get expensive so I got rid of the pipe.

Did they charge you to go to the ref?

I was lucky I was going to school for mechanics and the state ref worked in the same shop as my class at CTC.

YtseJam
Dec 10th, 2008, 06:33 PM

Guess I got off easy...never had to go through that, just had my friend sign it off and mail my $10.

Red Wasp
Dec 10th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Well thanks for the props guys, I guess you'll see it at the track on march first but im a little woried that it might be too loud, has that ever been a problem on the track besides just pissing people off???

GSXR888
Dec 10th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Well thanks for the props guys, I guess you'll see it at the track on march first but im a little woried that it might be too loud, has that ever been a problem on the track besides just pissing people off???

Only places like Laguna where they have a 92 decible limit.

bigdyang
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Only places like Laguna where they have a 92 decible limit.

he'd probably get kicked off every track for having a harley pipe on.... :Dj/k

SyKoTiK
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:30 PM
i wana do laguna but dont wana change my pipe back wonder if i have the baffle in mine would it be quite enof?:confused2:

Devlausdan
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Very nice man. I'm also not much of an extended mid-pipe look fan, but I definitely applaud the work you did. Not a whole lot of people can say they built their own exhaust. :thumbsup:

I can damage my own exhaust. Does that count?

Devlausdan
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:32 PM
he'd probably get kicked off every track for having a harley pipe on.... :Dj/k

No D. He's probably going to lose a lot of power with them pipes since no back pressure.

gsxr_man
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Did they charge you to go to the ref?

I was lucky I was going to school for mechanics and the state ref worked in the same shop as my class at CTC.

I never went to the ref, I just paid the fine $100. The lady at the court house said the cert was $40 + $10 for the fix it ticket then figure a couple of hours to remove/reinstall the pipe. To me it wasn't worth going to all that trouble. Each time I was pulled over by the same 2 MC cops. The third time they called me by name before I even removed my helmet. So $300 later I decided to dump the pipe.

GsxR1000Ryda
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:48 PM
i wana do laguna but dont wana change my pipe back wonder if i have the baffle in mine would it be quite enof?:confused2:

Id have no problems @ laguna w/ my Bazooka's

gsxr_man
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:49 PM
No D. He's probably going to lose a lot of power with them pipes since no back pressure.

:word: I noticed a big power loss when I had my Boz Bros Miora exhaust.

bigdyang
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM

that's what i said earlier.... r6 don't like to party til after 20K rpms anyway....

PapaBear
Dec 11th, 2008, 12:10 AM

:word:

Blakester
Dec 11th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I imagine you will throw some nice flames when rolling off the throttle. Maybe when it is powder coated black then it will look like it belongs on your bike. Either way man, it is your bike and as long as you like it that is all that matters.;)

SOUN1
Dec 12th, 2008, 03:54 PM

The track won't throw you out...Me and MRLOPEZ rode there with my exhaust. All I can say is...it's freaking scream bloody murder on the straights:D We were the loudest mofo there, the look on people's face is priceless..I even got ZX10ROB sayin "O FU*K" with a smile..:D