PDA

View Full Version : Any Info on Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator??

seansolo
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone has or has any experience with the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator kit. I have the 2007 gsxr 1000. I found one that is called the LTD and mounts above the rear fender, tucked way under the tail. Looks pretty cool. The kit says it comes with all the necessary hardware and lighting. Wondering how difficult the wiring part of this install is. Any info and pics would be great. Thanks!

NightStalkeR1
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I have 1 on my 07 R1 and it was very easy to install. It only took me maybe 45 min to install and wire it in. I dont have the lights that came with the kit but I installed the same kit on my buddies bike. Your bike should be even easier do to all you have to do is wire in the license plate light cuz your turn signals are built into your bike. The license plate light has only 2 wires. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have been pulled over for it a few times

JonM696
Nov 25th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Not sure what all the differences would be but i just installed a comp werkes on my DUC and its great. awesome quality and easy to install for the most part. very very satisfied

seansolo
Nov 26th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the information guys, I really appreciate it. Hey Nightstalker, are you getting pulled over with or without a light on the plate?
It's looking like a pretty nice setup, a little pricey, but looks really clean. Thanks again.

NightStalkeR1
Nov 26th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I have my light hooked up. I've had it hooked up since a installed the kit. Its not the light thats a problem, its being able to see the plate. I'll tell you right now that its more visiable on my bike then it is yours. There's a bigger gap between the tail and the hugger on my bike then yours. Its a nice kit though and i'm happy with it when i'm not getting pulled over for it.

gsxr_man
Nov 26th, 2008, 09:26 AM
..........I'll tell you right now that its more visiable on my bike then it is yours. There's a bigger gap between the tail and the hugger on my bike then yours.......

I have one similar to the Comp Werks eliminator and it is a little more difficult to see on the GSXRs cause of the rear hugger. I've been pulled over maybe a 1/2 dozen times since I put it on.

kidmoua
Nov 26th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I made my own. Only cost me a few pull over my the local's finest. Got warning.