StreetFanaticEd
Nov 12th, 2008, 08:17 PM
streetfanaticed
gixxer559
Sf Boyz

anyone else?

McLuvin_R1
Nov 12th, 2008, 08:23 PM
theres just A class open? None of us are A class on a track wve never been to. Signing up A class and hoping to get kicked down is a bad idea.

speedjunkie
Nov 12th, 2008, 08:49 PM
go on the 23rd!!

McLuvin_R1
Nov 12th, 2008, 09:11 PM
go on the 23rd!!

I have a backstreet boys concert Ive been waiting for eva to go to. Cant

ti2ttmatt
Nov 12th, 2008, 11:23 PM
theres just A class open? None of us are A class on a track wve never been to. Signing up A class and hoping to get kicked down is a bad idea.

Fantastic response even though we would love to have you. 23 is still available though!!!!

McLuvin_R1
Nov 12th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Actually ti ti something matt..........

Im thinking about signing up A class so I can go Ive never been to that track whata you think.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 12th, 2008, 11:38 PM
go on the 23rd!!

speed junkie are you pending sponsorship for a track day?

ti2ttmatt
Nov 12th, 2008, 11:51 PM
How track savvy are you? Been to the track a BUNCH of times or been to the track a few times and are sorta a B+ rider? That particular rider may feel a little "out gunned" at that track. I am not trying to put anyone down but WSIR in particular, you really need to be an A rider or B++++ to ride in the advanced group. It is FAST in the FAST group. I will be the first to admit that I had 3 years of racing under my belt in the AFm and a plethera of trackdays, that's right a "Three Amigo's" quote there for ya, and the first time that I rode WSIR at speed I was nervous.

HAVING THAT SAID.... WSIR IS A FANTASTIC TRACK FOR BEGINNERS TOO because it is not very technical at all, and it is really WIDE. You do not have to be doing Mach 11 with your hair on fire around it, and if you are not, it is a great place to learn track riding.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 12th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Im a strong B....But its hard on BW with my 1K. So I was thinkin the WSIR would be perfect on my 1K. I just wanna go with my buddies.

ti2ttmatt
Nov 13th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Hmmm... Not sure why BW is hard on the 1k. What do you do for times around Buttonwillow? Again, not trying to be a pain here, but we have been having a problem with the wrong group thing all year but winding up in the wrong group at Willow can be really not so great. Let me know.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 13th, 2008, 12:14 AM
config race #1 clockwise I got a 2:30 and that was driving modest having fun with my buddies learning my lines and stopping distances. I had problems with the back section of the track with my wheel coming up out of turns.

My times peak at the end of the day after the timers were turned off.

So whata you think about me siging up for A?

ti2ttmatt
Nov 13th, 2008, 12:27 AM
config race #1 clockwise I got a 2:30 and that was driving modest having fun with my buddies learning my lines and stopping distances. I had problems with the back section of the track with my wheel coming up out of turns.

Race #1 being with Star Mazda or with the AFM Sweeper? I only ask because they look similar on the track maps and some people don't know. Mostly the track day orgs run the AFM sweeper which is actually #13. Either way, a 2:30 is certainly B realm I would say, and Willow, especially if you haven't been there is a place to start in B unless you are a true TRACK JUNKIE or a racer that has raced at a bunch of other tracks before.

Again, not trying to be a pain here or anything but just giving you the honest scoop.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 13th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Race #1 being with Star Mazda or with the AFM Sweeper? I only ask because they look similar on the track maps and some people don't know. Mostly the track day orgs run the AFM sweeper which is actually #13. Either way, a 2:30 is certainly B realm I would say, and Willow, especially if you haven't been there is a place to start in B unless you are a true TRACK JUNKIE or a racer that has raced at a bunch of other tracks before.

It definitely had that star mazda. but thanks I guess I will look into another day. Unless there is a possibilty you can moove some B riders up to A cuz I know there riding slow to ride with there friends.

SyKoTiK
Nov 13th, 2008, 12:41 AM
streetfanaticed
gixxer559
Sf Boyz

anyone else?

why didnt u sign up for the 30th with every one else?

YamiR1
Nov 13th, 2008, 12:52 AM

A on wsir is not right yet, sign up for b then go A. you know this track is much faster than BW. go b then jump to A if your smoking people. you should of went on the 30th instead.

kidmoua
Nov 13th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I have a backstreet boys concert Ive been waiting for eva to go to. Cant

:weirdface:

GSXR888
Nov 13th, 2008, 02:38 PM
A on wsir is not right yet, sign up for b then go A. you know this track is much faster than BW. go b then jump to A if your smoking people. you should of went on the 30th instead.

One more spot just opened up in B for the 30th at WSIR!!

desmolvr
Nov 13th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I have not signed up yet but intend on going on the 22nd.

speedjunkie
Nov 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM
speed junkie are you pending sponsorship for a track day?

no to try and put together an 09 race season. or atleast a partial season. im not slow, have a good deal more to learn but want to learn and push and take the checker under compitition. not an end of session on a track day.

Calkidd
Nov 13th, 2008, 10:36 PM
no to try and put together an 09 race season. or atleast a partial season. im not slow, have a good deal more to learn but want to learn and push and take the checker under compitition. not an end of session on a track day.
I'll have to agree you are not slow, but in order to be competitive on your liter bike you should be running at least 1:57's on BW's config #13. Granted we are talking about BW and not WSIR, but you get the idea.

yoageallen
Nov 13th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I'm going I believe.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 14th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I'll have to agree you are not slow, but in order to be competitive on your liter bike you should be running at least 1:57's on BW's config #13. Granted we are talking about BW and not WSIR, but you get the idea.

Ok is that counter clockwise with out the mazda turn? Thats the sweeper instead right?

Cause I ran a 2:30 on config #1 and felt like that was a shatty time. But the mazda turn extends the tracks abit and its alot tight so thats slower, then it was clockwise as well.
The off ramp effs me up and the cotton corners I need work on. The rest of the track I am fast as hell. Couple more track days to learn the track and my lines and Im there. I wanna eventually race as well.

SyKoTiK
Nov 14th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Ok is that counter clockwise with out the mazda turn? Thats the sweeper instead right?

Cause I ran a 2:30 on config #1 and felt like that was a shatty time. But the mazda turn extends the tracks abit and its alot tight so thats slower, then it was clockwise as well.

ur still not fast :evilgrin0013:

kidmoua
Nov 14th, 2008, 02:49 AM
ur still not fast :evilgrin0013:

I wanna see you and Mc Luvin go at it at big willow

McLuvin_R1
Nov 14th, 2008, 03:17 AM
I wanna see you and Mc Luvin go at it at big willow

That woud be a clear slautter, no lie

Calkidd
Nov 14th, 2008, 07:44 AM

The off ramp effs me up and the cotton corners I need work on. The rest of the track I am fast as hell. Couple more track days to learn the track and my lines and Im there. I wanna eventually race as well.
You are at least 20 secs off an "A" group rider for that configuration.

If you want to get better at the AFM config (AKA #13) read these tips (http://www.unofficial-afm.com/bwillow.html)written by Jeff Tigert.
Jeff's personal best lap time of Buttonwillow Raceway stands at 1:47.630, the AFM Formula Pacific lap record.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 14th, 2008, 08:03 AM
i thought u said u were fast mcluvin..

Sticka
Nov 14th, 2008, 08:09 AM
i thought u said u were fast mcluvin..

He is fast.........with excuses!

speedjunkie
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM

have 5 seconds to drop to get there. quick time was the 2:03 but i was not really pushing that hard. was 2:04-2:06 and very comfortable. had not been on the bike in over a month after the high side and had not run BW in almost a year. so it was more of a get aquainted again with the bike and get the suspension worked on. know where the time is to make up now. just didnt wanna over step my confidence.

day two was much quicker.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM
You are at least 20 secs off an "A" group rider for that configuration.

If you want to get better at the AFM config (AKA #13) read these tips (http://www.unofficial-afm.com/bwillow.html)written by Jeff Tigert.

Ok thanks Im looking to shave 10-15 seconds on my second track day, alot of people I know greatley improoved their times from the first track day on the second day and so on. First track day was just to get the groove of things.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Ok thanks Im looking to shave 10-15 seconds on my second track day, alot of people I know greatley improoved their times from the first track day on the second day and so on. First track day was just to get the groove of things.

true dat

McLuvin_R1
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
He is fast.........with excuses!

And your fast to crap talk

McLuvin_R1
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:38 AM
have 5 seconds to drop to get there. quick time was the 2:03 but i was not really pushing that hard. was 2:04-2:06 and very comfortable. had not been on the bike in over a month after the high side and had not run BW in almost a year. so it was more of a get aquainted again with the bike and get the suspension worked on. know where the time is to make up now. just didnt wanna over step my confidence.

day two was much quicker.

We need to hitch a ride together to a track day sometime:word: And you need to come will.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:40 AM
We need to hitch a ride together to a track day sometime:word: And you need to come will.

i am, on the 30th! Its guna be on like donkey kong in C!

kidmoua
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:41 AM

sorry yo, but donkey kong with be in B group on that spaghetti bike

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:45 AM
sorry yo, but donkey kong with be in B group on that spaghetti bike

lmao, I'll have to get to B then right away

Calkidd
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:49 AM
It's going to be a good time...Looking forward to riding with ya'lls.

kidmoua
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:51 AM
lmao, I'll have to get to B then right away

bring it yo..

yoageallen
Nov 14th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I can't believe I have to miss this one!

Devlausdan
Nov 14th, 2008, 07:53 PM

I've never understood this. What's donkey kong? The ape throwing **** at Mario?

Calkidd
Nov 14th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I've never understood this. What's donkey kong? The ape throwing **** at Mario?
Na it isn't that....it's just because it rhymes.

kidmoua
Nov 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Na it isn't that....it's just because it rhymes.

i thought it was because you look like an ape on that 600 of yours

Calkidd
Nov 15th, 2008, 11:42 AM
i thought it was because you look like an ape on that 600 of yours
Ok how about...You ride like a squid, Calkidd

McRacer #11
Nov 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
One more spot just opened up in B for the 30th at WSIR!!

I have a spot paid for on the 30th... But i cant make! Have two other races I have to go to!!! :mad: So if anyone wants to buy it from me... I will give it to them!!! Let me or SPEEDJUNKIE know.. thanks!!!

MistressOfMayhem
Nov 15th, 2008, 01:18 PM
What are the odds of a spot in C group opening up on the 22nd or 23rd?

:(

Hell... I'll even take one on the 30th if there aren't already any available...