PDA

View Full Version : Track Requirements

rated_r1
Nov 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I know you have to have an insured bike to go to the track. My question is what steps do you got to take if the bike isn't registerd or insured? I miggt be able to get me a bike but it has no papers so I need to know how or if I can make it a track bike.

SyKoTiK
Nov 6th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I know you have to have an insured bike to go to the track. My question is what steps do you got to take if the bike isn't registerd or insured? I miggt be able to get me a bike but it has no papers so I need to know how or if I can make it a track bike.

u dont need insurance to ride on the track they dont check any of that u just take the bike and ride

rated_r1
Nov 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM
u dont need insurance to ride on the track they dont check any of that u just take the bike and ride

That's not part of the bike inspection? Its just all Tech issues checked?

SyKoTiK
Nov 6th, 2008, 07:36 PM
they just check it for anythin that loose or broken no paperwork

GSXR888
Nov 6th, 2008, 07:36 PM
That's not part of the bike inspection? Its just all Tech issues checked?

Yep

Devlausdan
Nov 6th, 2008, 08:07 PM
they just check it for anythin that loose or broken no paperwork

Noooo...

They check your eyes. Shine a flash light at your eyes. Have you hold your arms out to the side and with your finger tips bring it back to the tip of your nose. Walk forward and backwards on the line.

SyKoTiK
Nov 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Noooo...

They check your eyes. Shine a flash light at your eyes. Have you hold your arms out to the side and with your finger tips bring it back to the tip of your nose. Walk forward and backwards on the line.

have u been tested for a dui lately?

Devlausdan
Nov 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM
have u been tested for a dui lately?

Only for PHOui today.

Blakester
Nov 6th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Man, I am in big trouble, my bike isn't registered or insured..:eek: Actually, it isn't even rideable right now, in about 20 pieces in the garage..LOL

SyKoTiK
Nov 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Only for PHOui today.

o ok:confused2:

Devlausdan
Nov 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Man, I am in big trouble, my bike isn't registered or insured..:eek: Actually, it isn't even rideable right now, in about 20 pieces in the garage..LOL

Yeah, but I heard today from the guys today that you've never missed a race.

SF Boyz
Nov 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM

you might want to check your source next time. all they really do is verify to make sure nothing comes off while your on the track. It's pretty much like what you do to your bike before you take it out on the rode. Dont you check your bike to make sure everything works so you come back home safely?

McLuvin_R1
Nov 6th, 2008, 09:48 PM

Nooob....They dont check anything. Just the mechanical stability of your bike.

Sprocket
Nov 6th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I think they should require insurance. What if you take someone out? Or crash and hurt yourself? Unless you have a huge bankroll insurance is necessary

Calkidd
Nov 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Nooob....They dont check anything. Just the mechanical stability of your bike.You go to one track day and now you are an expert? STFU noob.

R1 my track bike is neither insured or registered. You'll be ok just as long as it is mechanically sound.

NightStalkeR1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:03 PM
You go to one track day and now you are an expert? STFU noob.

R1 my track bike is neither insured or registered. You'll be ok just as long as it is mechanically sound.

Dang Bryan your so harsh!!!! I love it!!!!

Sprocket
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Dang Bryan your so harsh!!!! I love it!!!!
When we gonna do the test load on your trailer?

Calkidd
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:07 PM
When we gonna do the test load on your trailer?What trailer....Did you build a trailer Aaron?

NightStalkeR1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:11 PM
What trailer....Did you build a trailer Aaron?

Nah, I have a trailer and we're gonna put all the bikes on it that are going on the 30th so we know exactly how were going to do it so we dont run into any problems on the 30th. I might need to weld more D-rings on it to mount all the bikes and I wanna make sure

Calkidd
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Nah, I have a trailer and we're gonna put all the bikes on it that are going on the 30th so we know exactly how were going to do it so we dont run into any problems on the 30th. I might need to weld more D-rings on it to mount all the bikes and I wanna make sure
Let me know if you need any help I built my trailer and could lend a hand if you need it.

NightStalkeR1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Let me know if you need any help I built my trailer and could lend a hand if you need it.

Awesome man thanks. I'll let you know. The trailer will hold the bikes no problem I just don't know if it has enough strap down points

rated_r1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Nooob....They dont check anything. Just the mechanical stability of your bike.

How many track days you have? If my memory serves me correct your a Noob yourself. 1 track day dont make you no vet.
Now that I think about it though guys I think I mistook myself. I was reading about renting track bikes and read about INS, so that's maybe where I got it from.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
You go to one track day and now you are an expert? STFU noob.

Dont have to go to the track to know that...semi noob

McLuvin_R1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM
How many track days you have? If my memory serves me correct your a Noob yourself. 1 track day dont make you no vet.
Now that I think about it though guys I think I mistook myself. I was reading about renting track bikes and read about INS, so that's maybe where I got it from.

You dont know have to go to the track to know that...seriously
But at least your trying.

NightStalkeR1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:30 PM

Your memory is right. I believe if you rent a track bike you must purchase insurance for it just to protect yourself from having to buy it if you wreck it. If you take your own bike you dont need to anything but the right gear and a safe operating bike

rated_r1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:32 PM
That's good more motivation to get this bike in good running order. My cousins getting jacked for his bike. LOL. Now I just have to find time because I will be moving within the next week to Fresno. This means more riding because I'll be a hop, skip and a jump away form all the rides.

rated_r1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Shane so someone who hasnt been to the track none of his personal friends don't go, will know if the bike needs to have paperwork or INS? Thats a smart dude to know that without any prior knowledge of some sort....
Yes I am trying I will have me a project bike to work on to get out there. After I move to Fresno.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Shane so someone who hasnt been to the track none of his personal friends don't go, will know if the bike needs to have paperwork or INS? Thats a smart dude to know that without any prior knowledge of some sort....
Yes I am trying I will have me a project bike to work on to get out there. After I move to Fresno.

When your racing. Doesnt matter what track..Dirt or street. Paperwork is not needed. I cant remeber when I was told this but it coulda been just common since. "Race" hince not street legal..IDK.

NightStalkeR1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM
When your racing. Doesnt matter what track..Dirt or street. Paperwork is not needed. I cant remeber when I was told this but it coulda been just common since. "Race" hince not street legal..IDK.

Common SINCE HUH. It might just be me but thats not very good common SENSE

PRTSMN
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Common SINCE HUH. It might just be me but thats not very good common SENSE

since i have no sense i will say nothin:D

Sprocket
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
since i have no sense i will say nothin:D
Sense I have no since I wont either :D

rated_r1
Nov 6th, 2008, 10:57 PM
As most of us have already noted "Shane" is a "smart arse" or maybe yet mighty know it all. Ugh, oh well. I have no common sense. I guess me thinking INS + paperwork might be needed makes me dumb ohwell. Anyone else dumb? Has 2b someone "everyone" except Shane atleast.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 6th, 2008, 11:01 PM
As most of us have already noted "Shane" is a "smart arse" or maybe yet mighty know it all. Ugh, oh well. I have no common sense. I guess me thinking INS + paperwork might be needed makes me dumb ohwell. Anyone else dumb? Has 2b someone "everyone" except Shane atleast.

"Could be" common sense. I leave it up to you to decide

rated_r1
Nov 6th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Well my common cents tell me give my arse moved #1, fix my R1 #2, work on project track bike #3. Get all the pointers from the VET Shane #4. Then get out there in class "C" im too slow on the streets and on the track.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Well my common cents tell me give my arse moved #1, fix my R1 #2, work on project track bike #3. Get all the pointers from the VET Shane #4. Then get out there in class "C" im too slow on the streets and on the track.

Well when you get the R1 fixed and want some pointers..I know a guy. His name is Edgar..Hes really talented.

Devlausdan
Nov 6th, 2008, 11:12 PM
rated_r1, if you're working on picking up a project bike. Do as you like, but I still say get the titled over from your buddy or his insurance if it's a total lost. Have the bike register in your name.

Now, if you get a Pink Slip in the mail from DMV with the words "salvage redeemed", don't assume that, that's the end of it and you're legal. Because in DMV's system, they will have on file that your bike hasn't completed inspection by or CHP. And you don't want to mess with CHP for clearance.

A little history from someone in the know. I totaled my 06 Gsxr 1000 back in 06. I bought the bike back from my insurance for $1600. I sold it to my friend in Sacramento as-is for $1600. I gave him the title from DMV. He fixed up the bike and later sold it to his friend. Problem came up, not with me, but with him and CHP. They said he never had it inspected and CHP wanted proof of all the parts on the bike to make sure that none of he parts were stolen. He had to back track and get receipts from the company that he bought from in china. Pain in the ass.

Now, this is what I'm currently having to do to my bike. 2007 Gsxr 1000. Bought it back for $900. Spent money fixing it. I got the salvage redeemed title from DMV. My registration is current until April 2009. But if i don't get this done, iwill not be allow to renew the bike's registration. DMV has given me an application form. I have to get the bike's Lights and Brakes inspected at a certified inspection center. Dealer okay. I did this already. And after this, and I have time, make an appointment with DMV to take thebike in for a VIN inspection. This will clear my 2007 Gsxr in their system. Get a newer title and registration.

Oh, this bike will be a track bike, but I'm gettin this done and out of the way so that I don't have any CHP problem years from now when I get rid of the bike and have no receipts.

Hope his helps.