Oct 27th, 2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/images/race_01_config.gif
Clockwise Direction-Normal= Race Configuration #01 for nov.3

JacobR6
Oct 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I'm going

PapaBear
Oct 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM
cool.hope to c u there. wat class u riding in?
:D

Daytona_Rider
Oct 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
How many slots left in B? at 100 bucks it seems like a packed track (say that five times fast!).

StreetFanaticEd
Oct 27th, 2008, 09:30 PM
yeah I can't wait!!!

McLuvin_R1
Oct 27th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Im all set.... Just waiting for that monday to try out that set of new BT016 I baught.

Oh and so I can finally say "yeah bit**s Ive tooken it to the track":word:

Wile_E_Coyote
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:52 AM
We have a thread for this already... :confused2:

GreeNug
Oct 28th, 2008, 09:29 AM
We have a thread for this already... :confused2:

Nope - We've got like 2 of em' already :confused: Ha :pokeit::stirpot:

http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2823

http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2566

DeVil
Oct 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
WoW...that what the track look like...nice...hopefully one day i could join your guys....tempting..real soon tho...real soon.

1"ckNstrIps
Oct 28th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I'm headin for my first track day ever! Im headin down with JacobR6. I hope i dont loose my Strips, i might have to change my name:(

aaw749r
Oct 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I thought I was going to be able to make this one but I couldn't get the schedule to work.

Have fun and come home safe.

PapaBear
Oct 28th, 2008, 07:44 PM
who's all riding in b class?

Blakester
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
THis is the same day I find out from the Neurologist if it is safe for me to ride again, getting another CT scan done. You guys have fun out there and be careful.

PapaBear
Oct 30th, 2008, 07:00 AM
im a little worried because of the weather. hopefully it doesnt rain on monday.some say its going to rain other say its not.:confused2:

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 07:20 AM
if it rains on a track day, do they still run? Hell, I would love to hit a track up in the rain too!

Daytona_Rider
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:20 AM
rain?

I wouldn't worry about rain too much- especially on Monday- when it's raining everywhere frequently buttonwillow doesn't get a drop. But beware if it does rain that track will be extra slick for a while, it will be the first real rain the track has seen for this year so all the gunk built up over the year will be mixed with it.

It gives "hitting the track in the rain" a whole new meaning!
:popcorn:

tripleplay6543
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I'm running in B class with Jason, but since there is a chance of rain, I'm waiting a couple days to sign up to make sure.

PapaBear
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:25 AM
if it rains on a track day, do they still run? Hell, I would love to hit a track up in the rain too!

yea they still run.if i had the propper tires then yea it would be nice.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:28 AM
yea they still run.if i had the propper tires then yea it would be nice.

True, you would definitely want the proper tires in slick conditions

GreeNug
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'm running in B class with Jason, but since there is a chance of rain, I'm waiting a couple days to sign up to make sure.

There aren't any spots left in B class left so if you haven't signed up by now or don't have an inside hookup you might be skrewed? A friend of mine just tried to sign up on Tues. and it was sold out then. We told him to sand bag it in C class and hope to get bumped up but he decided to pie out instead :confused2:.

And it only calls for a "few showers" for the whole weekend and only 30% chance so far. It doesn’t say anything about "rain" don't go jinxing us now! Ha , and yes the trackday will run rain or shine.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0146?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Devlausdan
Oct 30th, 2008, 09:37 AM
If you guys ride in the pouring rain, you guys got balls.

kidmoua
Oct 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I wanna try track riding in the rain one of these days..

StreetFanaticEd
Oct 30th, 2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/buttonwillow/93206/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&metric=0&fday=5

If this is correct, we might be alright......:)

Devlausdan
Oct 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/buttonwillow/93206/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&metric=0&fday=5

If this is correct, we might be alright......:)

You guys should be fine. So all three of you SF guys going?

StreetFanaticEd
Oct 30th, 2008, 10:11 AM
yeah and a couple more....Josh Herrin might stop by for a while he was gonna go but instead he has to do a shoot for a magazine at Willow Springs...for the new R6, so if it ends early hell roll by aswell......

Blakester
Oct 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Weather girl here said, rain will stop after saturday, but that chick has been wrong in the past. :mad:

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Weather girl here said, rain will stop after saturday, but that chick has been wrong in the past. :mad:

that B!tch

McLuvin_R1
Oct 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM
yeah and a couple more....Josh Herrin might stop by for a while he was gonna go but instead he has to do a shoot for a magazine at Willow Springs...for the new R6, so if it ends early hell roll by aswell......

Well maybe he will come that would be cool.

I wont ride in the rain, not with out proper tires. At least not on a track on a 1K. Specially my first day. No way jose.

Its not gonna rain though. Cause Shane says so!

B class is full? I was planning on getting bumbed up? C class will likely be too slow for me after 1 or 2 sessions on thre track.

McLuvin_R1
Oct 30th, 2008, 12:29 PM
that B!tch

Why dont you go GSXRRIDA? You have all the gear dont you?

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Why dont you go GSXRRIDA? You have all the gear dont you?

I do just not the funds. I'm already dedicated for the 30th so its all GOOD, even though i would love to go next week with everyone.

McLuvin_R1
Oct 30th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I wanna go the 30th as well.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I wanna go the 30th as well.

u definitely should

Wile_E_Coyote
Oct 30th, 2008, 02:10 PM
u definitely should

All the cool people are goin Nov. 30th...

GSXR888
Oct 30th, 2008, 02:15 PM

:word: :D

Ready2Run
Oct 30th, 2008, 02:17 PM

Or is it "posers"? LOL.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Or is it "posers"? LOL.

both!

McLuvin_R1
Oct 30th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Naw all the cool people are going both days! Like me!:word:

Wile_E_Coyote
Oct 30th, 2008, 02:50 PM
both!

Werd!

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
If you guys ride in the pouring rain, you guys got balls.

I have ridden in just about every condition cept snow. When all you have is bikes, you really dont have a choice. Looks like i might even get a shower on the way home from work today.............

MistressOfMayhem
Oct 30th, 2008, 04:14 PM
+1

I tend to avoid fog, but rain I can handle.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 04:16 PM
+1

I tend to avoid fog, but rain I can handle.

really, I love the feeling of riding in a cloud.

MistressOfMayhem
Oct 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Haha

Well I probably would if I knew that it would be cloud-like and cushy to have someone run into me when they couldn't see me and weren't paying attention. :)

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 30th, 2008, 04:32 PM
^^^LoL
Until you've ridden on black ice, everything else is cake

GSXR888
Oct 30th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Or is it "posers"? LOL.

:word::thumbsup: Hey your going to be there too right Julie?:rolleyes:

PapaBear
Oct 30th, 2008, 09:51 PM
i thought the 30th was sold out?

McLuvin_R1
Oct 30th, 2008, 11:34 PM
i thought the 30th was sold out?

30th of November right?

StreetFanaticEd
Oct 30th, 2008, 11:37 PM
30th of November right?

yeah

McLuvin_R1
Oct 31st, 2008, 12:19 AM
yeah

I:mad: DONT BELIEVE YOU YOU LIAR!!

McLuvin_R1
Oct 31st, 2008, 12:42 AM
yeah

I:mad: DONT BELIEVE YOU YOU LIAR!!

PapaBear
Nov 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
one more day :D

GreeNug
Nov 3rd, 2008, 12:00 AM
WoooHooo Tomorrow morning isn't very far away! Yaye :D. The bike is all taped up and ready to go. We will be in garage #1 if anyone needs tools, power outlets, stands, fluids, ect.. The weather looks like it's going to be great and I hope to meet some new faces tomorrow.

MistressOfMayhem
Nov 3rd, 2008, 08:17 AM
I hate working on Mondays!

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 3rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
I hate working on Mondays!

True but id rather have weekends off

MistressOfMayhem
Nov 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Yyyyyyeeeaaahhh... although... I'm starting to reconsider that when looking at how much cheaper the track days are on Mondays. And apparently thats when all the cool kids go! :D

Wile_E_Coyote
Nov 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yyyyyyeeeaaahhh... although... I'm starting to reconsider that when looking at how much cheaper the track days are on Mondays. And apparently thats when all the cool kids go! :D

Not true, ALL the cool kids are going Nov. 30th to WSIR. And that's a Sunday! :D

GSXR888
Nov 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Not true, ALL the cool kids are going Nov. 30th to WSIR. And that's a Sunday! :D

:popcorn:

MistressOfMayhem
Nov 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
I see your point. At least there's that! As weird as this may sound I've had my eye on one of those days at Big Willow but I'm not sure if I'm ready to take those big, high speed sweepers. Granted, I've become quite familiar with the ones around my house. But I'm still familiarizing myself with the tight slow ones and when I look at track days I tend to look at what skills the tracks are going to strengthen.

I'm not sure if there is a particular order in which one should improve skills but it's something I've got in mind. Wrecking at high speeds hurts a lot more than wrecking at low speeds. I'm sure I could handle it, so I haven't ruled it out, but nonetheless I'm wondering if my money wouldn't be invested wiser doing a day at Buttonwillow or Streets - as far as skill improvement goes.

Get what I'm sayin'?

StreetFanaticEd
Nov 3rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
on our way back!!!!! Sickest day ever.....pics coming soon, well in like 1 hour:D

hades00_7
Nov 3rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Just got back! WOW it was a blast!!!

Blakester
Nov 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
I see your point. At least there's that! As weird as this may sound I've had my eye on one of those days at Big Willow but I'm not sure if I'm ready to take those big, high speed sweepers. Granted, I've become quite familiar with the ones around my house. But I'm still familiarizing myself with the tight slow ones and when I look at track days I tend to look at what skills the tracks are going to strengthen.

I'm not sure if there is a particular order in which one should improve skills but it's something I've got in mind. Wrecking at high speeds hurts a lot more than wrecking at low speeds. I'm sure I could handle it, so I haven't ruled it out, but nonetheless I'm wondering if my money wouldn't be invested wiser doing a day at Buttonwillow or Streets - as far as skill improvement goes.

Get what I'm sayin'?

Honestly, Big Willow is a much easier track to ride than streets or buttonwillow, yes it is fast but it is only as fast as you twist the throttle. It flows really well and as for crashing, knock on wood, I haven't there yet, though I have at both BW and Streets. I hear other guys saying that Big willow is almost boring to ride, I laugh when I hear that cause if it is boring to ya then you need to pick up the pace. I really like that track alot, though I was overwhelmed my first time there, I had did 10+trackdays at BW and hit WIllow the first time and felt like a total track noobie, but once I got a hang of it I really enjoy that track. Also, if you need some help getting out there or setting up your bike let me know.

StreetFanaticEd
Nov 3rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
too much fun!!!

McLuvin_R1
Nov 3rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
It was fun, and Im tired. My BT016 worked perfect. I got hella low. I got comfortable with "track riding" then at the end I sarted to smash more after the instructor took me around abit. Got blacked flag twice for passing on inside on C group. Ran off the track twice cuase my positioning was wack and I bailed out. Moved up to mess around on B at the last 2 sessions of the day. Did perfect in B. Stayed behind Diego and tyler. It was Diegos second time and he smashed pretty fast. Saw Steve and his buddy, and steve looked like he was hella smashing!

I rode slow and clean half the day and didnt get excited and fast until after the instructor showed me the proper way to ride. It was really nice of him, I had it close but not right.

Next track day Im working on steering the bike with my inside arm and my inside peg and to try not to ride out of proper positioning. And find my exact breaking points. I found some fast lines.

tripleplay6543
Nov 3rd, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hella smashing huh? I was doing ok for most of the day, but the session I was feeling the best in got red flagged. I would like to thank Nathan and Mike for generously letting me mooch in their garage for the day. Hope you guys made it back to Fresno safe and quick. It was great seeing some new faces out at the track.

GreeNug
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Hella smashing huh? I was doing ok for most of the day, but the session I was feeling the best in got red flagged. I would like to thank Nathan and Mike for generously letting me mooch in their garage for the day. Hope you guys made it back to Fresno safe and quick. It was great seeing some new faces out at the track.

Ha ha, no mooching involved at all guy, you were kind of invited! It was great getting to know new faces and I'm glad someone got to use the garage after we had to bolt. Thanks for returning the key for me.

We made Clovis Community in 1 1/2 hrs but as it turns out it wasn't Mike's collar bone poking out all funny like that, it is something dislocated in his shoulder or something like that, ouch! He will find out mo' tomorrow. You had a first row seat to all of the action, no?? Saw tires and leathers smoking? :zz22_yikes::scared::willy_nilly:

Calkidd
Nov 4th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Is Mike a member here? Hope he is doing ok.

PapaBear
Nov 4th, 2008, 10:04 AM
:word:

JonJon
Nov 4th, 2008, 11:10 AM
:worthless:

Devlausdan
Nov 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Ha ha, no mooching involved at all guy, you were kind of invited! It was great getting to know new faces and I'm glad someone got to use the garage after we had to bolt. Thanks for returning the key for me.

We made Clovis Community in 1 1/2 hrs but as it turns out it wasn't Mike's collar bone poking out all funny like that, it is something dislocated in his shoulder or something like that, ouch! He will find out mo' tomorrow. You had a first row seat to all of the action, no?? Saw tires and leathers smoking? :zz22_yikes::scared::willy_nilly:

Mike? Mike who?

McLuvin_R1
Nov 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM

yeah from the looks of it every time you came around the last turn to the st8 you were bookin it!

But then again everyone looked fast to me since it was my first day.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM
yeah from the looks of it every time you came around the last turn to the st8 you were bookin it!

But then again everyone looked fast to me since it was my first day.

your telling me u didnt move up to A or B!!

just kidding, i'm glad u had a fun and safe time.

Daisy
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM
It was not me guys

tripleplay6543
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Well hopefully the garbage bag sling helped a little bit. Yes I saw the whole thing. It happed right in the middle of my reference point coming out of turn 2 as he was going into 3. Then I had the whole straight to see the action after I noticed the tires smoking.

GreeNug
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Is Mike a member here? Hope he is doing ok.

Ya he is a member here but dosen't post up much at all.

http://www.centralvalleyriders.com/forums/member.php?u=236

I still haven't heard from him today so I don't have any updates as of yet, but he was in a good mood last night after the hospital visit.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Moved up to B last 2 sessions

Could of easily been B whole day but I, like everyone else needed to learn the track first. Plus all my buddies were ridin C to have fun. SO I did too

sPAnKy1600
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:30 PM

he's not me

Devlausdan
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
he's not me

No one is as bad azz as you Tony.

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:52 PM
he's not me

o0o0o your that GUY!

McLuvin_R1
Nov 4th, 2008, 12:53 PM
he's not me

Nope... Im just abit more skilled.;)

takes more skill ridin a 1000 at BW, lots more throttle controll.
I wish I had a 600 actuallly the R1 broke loose pretty wild on one turn, it was a nice slide. And every turn Im constantly thinkin....less throttle, its gonna slide!

Fun Fun

JonJon
Nov 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM

:pound:

sPAnKy1600
Nov 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM

takes more skill ridin a 1000 at BW, lots more throttle controll.
I wish I had a 600 actuallly the R1 broke loose pretty wild on one turn, it was a nice slide. And every turn Im constantly thinkin....less throttle, its gonna slide!

Fun Fun

:pound: this kid.... he's got a million of em

GsxR1000Ryda
Nov 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM
:pound: this kid.... he's got a million of em

yeah spanky, your slow as fawk on your 600! LoL

McLuvin_R1
Nov 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
:pound:
:rocketlauncher:
:fryingpan:

McLuvin_R1
Nov 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
yeah spanky, your slow as fawk on your 600! LoL

He doesnt have a 6 I dont think

JonJon
Nov 4th, 2008, 01:31 PM
:rocketlauncher:
:fryingpan:

:gay:

sPAnKy1600
Nov 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM

it's a six with sevenfiddy stickers on it :thumbsup:

Wile_E_Coyote
Nov 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM

You've heard of sarcasm right?

StreetFanaticEd
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Laguna Seca Dec, 1.....anybody?

McLuvin_R1
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:17 PM
You've heard of sarcasm right?

of course

Wile_E_Coyote
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Laguna Seca Dec, 1.....anybody?

You'll need a stock exhaust.

StreetFanaticEd
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:54 PM

I know I have stock on right now.....it's $300 for that day not bad for Laguna

JacobR6
Nov 4th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Track day was awesome. I ran in C class with 1"chknstrips because it was our first time. We did really well and had a blast. We followed desmolvr around and picked up some new lines and were able to really haul and ran in B at the end of the day. Can't wait to go again.
:)

JonJon
Nov 4th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Track day was awesome. I ran in C class with 1"chknstrips because it was our first time. We did really well and had a blast. We followed desmolvr around and picked up some new lines and were able to really haul and ran in B at the end of the day. Can't wait to go again.

Nice man, glad to hear you had a good time.

l8-apex
Nov 4th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Got blacked flag twice for passing on inside on C group. Ran off the track twice cuase my positioning was wack

Hmmm... sounds similar to your early experiences on CVR :p

speedjunkie
Nov 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM
sounds like you all had a blast. glad to hear and that everybody kept it rubber side down. guess the weather held up nice for you guys too. track spirits were shinning down lol. sounded like a little of a humbling experience for some as well :rolleyes:

Blakester
Nov 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM

Not necessarily, my boy just went yesterday with his 07 gixxer 750 mounted with an Akro exhaust and he was not black flagged. He brought his stocker just in case, and said alot of guys had aftermarket pipes and as long as they had the street baffles in them then they were fine. Though, I wouldn't go that far without a stocker on hand.

Blakester
Nov 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM

Glad you guys had a good day, sorry I was so busy, wanted to come out and BS with you guys. You guys will have to come out and stay and BBQ with us the night before the next one I can do which it looks like the doc said I will be good to go around Feb.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 4th, 2008, 09:34 PM
sounds like you all had a blast. glad to hear and that everybody kept it rubber side down. guess the weather held up nice for you guys too. track spirits were shinning down lol. sounded like a little of a humbling experience for some as well :rolleyes:

Humbling, ha. More like cant wait to kick a$s out there again.

McLuvin_R1
Nov 4th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Pic up for ya peopeple