PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where I can get my bike lowered?

GSXR888
Aug 28th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if any of you out there knows of a place that will lower my bike maybe 1/2-1". I think I would feel more comfortable if I can flat foot my bike at stops, inclines etc. So I guess i'm looking for a reputable mechanic that can lower a 05 Honda CBR600RR.

Thanks all!

CBR888

KRAYZ1
Aug 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Ray buy the links and I can put them on and and lower the forks . I work on bikes all the time . work for a Kawi. shop for three years , if you want to ask a few of the people about my work I can get you a list . everyone is happy with the work I do. and the cost....

GSXR888
Aug 28th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Kenny, YOU DA MAN!!! :D

CBR888

GSXR888
Aug 28th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Kenny, will dropping my bike an inch adversely affect the handling in any way? I guess I should ask before I buy the links.

CBR888

Calicronic
Aug 28th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Ray buy the links and I can put them on and and lower the forks . I work on bikes all the time . work for a Kawi. shop for three years , if you want to ask a few of the people about my work I can get you a list . everyone is happy with the work I do. and the cost....

+1
Do it yourself, It's not very hard at all. I have a busa and just did mine and did it by myself. Little time consuming the first time and a little nerve wracking(don't wanna mess anything up:o). But you will be that much better off the next time you wanna raise it back up or lower it down more. Aslong as you are even slightly mechanically inclined you can do it!!

Calicronic
Aug 28th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I lowered mine 2" in back and 1.5" in front and I did notice a slight push going into corners(had to lean a little more), but did get ALOT more stable on take off and at high speed;).

KRAYZ1
Aug 28th, 2007, 03:29 PM
look it is changeing the bike it well effect the handling some . lower it the same front and rear and it will be ok. I have all the tools and the know how. if you want bring the parts and the bike and we will do it . If you ride real hard are fast in the hills it is best to leave the bike alone maybe cut the seat down . but that is not good for long rides but its the best thing for handleing.

GusGus748s
Aug 31st, 2007, 03:36 PM
Kenny, will dropping my bike an inch adversely affect the handling in any way? I guess I should ask before I buy the links.

CBR888

Yes it will affect the bike's handling. It'll turn slower and at times it will feel a little heavier when turning. Furthermore, you will lose ground clearance where your fairing and/or other parts will drag on the ground such as your pegs.

If you don't care about that, and you are more of a cruiser rider, rather than a twisty carving type of rider then lowering the bike won't be a big deal. That said, lowering the bikes is very symple, and if you some mechanical experience, it won't be a problem for you to do it.

You can go online and do a search on google.com, and it will give you instruction on how to do it if you prefer to have instructions. Good luck.

KRAYZ1
Aug 31st, 2007, 04:10 PM
ALL you need to know is how to get to my house :cool: I have all the tools and the know how