PDA

View Full Version : Help on CBR600rr FI

GSXR888
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hey all, I just wanted to ask a quick question before I take my bike in to the shop. I rode to work today and forgot my keys so I hopped on my bike to go home to get them and low and behold the bike wouldn't start!:mad:
When I turn the key to start, I noticed I didn't hear the fuel pump prime like it always do and my FI light doesn't come on! I checked the fuse for the FI under the seat and it's fine. Any suggestion before I haul it away to the shop and have to pay an arm and a leg?

King Tone
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:04 PM
did u check the battery ?

speedjunkie
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:06 PM
yeah check the battery

King Tone
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM
One time i left the parking lights on my bike on (noob) and my bike did the same thing and i had 2 get a jump and my bike has been fine since

hippylong
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
if you have work manual.
it has a test chart.
you take a multi testor and go thru the switch settings
by touching diff tabs on the connector.
the color code is in you work manual.
it will show you if switch is bad...

(the nubs that make connections on switches are fragile and some
are actual solder bumps sticking up making a connection )
so wear and damge is common..

hipp

GSXR888
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:17 PM
did u check the battery ?

Yep the battery is fine, all the lights come on except for the FI icon.:(

GSXR888
Oct 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
if you have work manual.
it has a test chart.
you take a multi testor and go thru the switch settings
by touching diff tabs on the connector.
the color code is in you work manual.
it will show you if switch is bad...

(the nubs that make connections on switches are fragile and some
are actual solder bumps sticking up making a connection )
so wear and damge is common..

hipp

Unfortunatly I don't have a work manual:( In the morning before work I started it up and when I pulled it off the front chalk it died but started right up when I hit the start button again. When I wanted to go home to get my work keys that's when I noticed the fuel pump wasn't priming like it always does and the FI light wasn't coming on.

GSXR888
Oct 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
and now the head lights won't come on:mad:

Calkidd
Oct 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Ray, will your bike turn over?

speedjunkie
Oct 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM
hook it up to a car battery without the car running. if it starts then replace the battery.

dead batter will cause all the symptoms youve said. from my experience atleast

GSXR888
Oct 7th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Ray, will your bike turn over?

She turns over but the engine doesn't fire. I tried to push start it but that doesn't even seem to work.:( If all else fails i'm gonna take her in on Weds or Thursday. No riding for me for a while I guess.

Calkidd
Oct 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM
She turns over but the engine doesn't fire. I tried to push start it but that doesn't even seem to work.:( If all else fails i'm gonna take her in on Weds or Thursday. No riding for me for a while I guess.
If your bike is turning over and seems to turn over well then it is not your battery. It could be the BAS (bank angle sensor) mounted in the front of your bike. You can temporarily disable this by jumping the wires in the plug. Let me know if you need help Ray, I am here for ya bro.

SF Boyz
Oct 7th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Thats easy it's your ecu fuse. Its usually near a black rubber wrap near the big power cable to the + line. the fuel pump doesnt kick on it won't start, even if it turns over.

Calkidd
Oct 7th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I checked the fuse for the FI under the seat and it's fine. I think he did this already because aren't the other fuses on the 600 under the left side fairing?

SF Boyz
Oct 7th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I am not talking about the fuse box, the ecu fuse is in a different location.

GSXR888
Oct 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM

I checked the fuses under the seat by the battery, both 30v and 20v are intact.

kidmoua
Oct 7th, 2008, 01:25 PM
hey Ray, I'll be more then happy to take that pile of junk off your hand..I have $1000 cash in hand.. LMK..:evilgrin0013:

GSXR888
Oct 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
hey Ray, I'll be more then happy to take that pile of junk off your hand..I have $1000 cash in hand.. LMK..:evilgrin0013:

Admit it, you miss your old CBR:p

kidmoua
Oct 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Admit it, you miss your old CBR:p

ok, you win

SF Boyz
Oct 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
It should be covered with a rubber cover and It should be a red clip..30amp fuse...was that the one your talking about???

Calkidd
Oct 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM

I checked the fuses under the seat by the battery, both 30v and 20v are intact.This is what I meant just didn't type it out like that...

Calkidd
Oct 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I bet it is your BAS...(and no Jeremy that isn't the toy you were playing with last night)

SF Boyz
Oct 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
could be the BAS,. but jumper it and that'll tell ya, or it could be that damn kick switch. Out of curiousity did you check the fuses visually or with an instrument?

GSXR888
Oct 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
It should be covered with a rubber cover and It should be a red clip..30amp fuse...was that the one your talking about???

Yep, that's the one. I even put the spare in just to be sure and nothing...:(

LDH
Oct 8th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Jeremy should have a copy of the 600rr workshop manual as we both found it online before I did his fork seals.

GSXR888
Oct 9th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I bet it is your BAS...(and no Jeremy that isn't the toy you were playing with last night)

Bryan Wins it!! It was the BAS, it cost me 150$ just for them to bypass it.:weirdface:

Sprocket
Oct 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Bryan Wins it!! It was the BAS, it cost me 150$ just for them to bypass it.:weirdface:
$150 to bypass it? wtf? :weirdface:

PRTSMN
Oct 9th, 2008, 05:33 PM
$150 to bypass it? wtf? :weirdface:

DIAG ONE HOUR SHOP RATE PROBABLY.

Sticka
Oct 9th, 2008, 07:34 PM
DIAG ONE HOUR SHOP RATE PROBABLY.

I don't know any shop that charges $150 an hour.....yet. :evilgrin0013:

MadKaw
Oct 9th, 2008, 07:39 PM
so are you going to replace the sensor or leave it bypassed?

Calkidd
Oct 9th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Are you kidding me? You should have told them to shove it up their @ss and I would have done it for free. I think I still have mine and you can have that for free too.

Daisy
Oct 10th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Brian your so smart.

Calkidd
Oct 10th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Brian your so smart.Shhhh, don't spread that around I am under cover.

GSXR888
Oct 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Are you kidding me? You should have told them to shove it up their @ss and I would have done it for free. I think I still have mine and you can have that for free too.

Aaaand not only did he screw me over for 150$ for a bypass job, he lost 2 of my fairing screws!!! I called him he said ,"Oh yeah looks like I have two laying right here."
So I went back to pick them up and the fooker lost the rubber gromet that they screw into and told me he would have to order some. They didn't even bother to tighten down my mirrors, they were jiggling around. And you would think after giving me the bone they would have at least wipped the layer of dust all over my bike.
Needless to say I will NEVER go back to Hamblin Motorsports in Hanford, talk about unproffessional.

Wile_E_Coyote
Oct 10th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Aaaand not only did he screw me over for 150$ for a bypass job, he lost 2 of my fairing screws!!! I called him he said ,"Oh yeah looks like I have two laying right here."
So I went back to pick them up and the fooker lost the rubber gromet that they screw into and told me he would have to order some. They didn't even bother to tighten down my mirrors, they were jiggling around. And you would think after giving me the bone they would have at least wipped the layer of dust all over my bike.
Needless to say I will NEVER go back to Hamblin Motorsports in Hanford, talk about unproffessional.

Ray, I have some well nuts that you can have. I bought them when I had the RR.

GSXR888
Oct 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Ray, I have some well nuts that you can have. I bought them when I had the RR.

Thanks Jer, i'm just still in shock at the shoddy workmanship. I mean come on!!! Like i'm not gonna notice two screws on both sides of the fairings missing!:weirdface:
I thought I would give him another chance after the whole wrong size chain/sprocket ordeal but I see now that giving a second chance was a mistake.

PRTSMN
Oct 10th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I don't know any shop that charges $150 an hour.....yet. :evilgrin0013:

I know it is different but our car shop rate is 115. an hour:weirdface: and mention raising it.:confused2:

Ready2Run
Oct 10th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks Jer, i'm just still in shock at the shoddy workmanship. I mean come on!!! Like i'm not gonna notice two screws on both sides of the fairings missing!:weirdface:
I thought I would give him another chance after the whole wrong size chain/sprocket ordeal but I see now that giving a second chance was a mistake.

That sucks! Losers! I would spread that they do bad business as much as possible! :evilgrin0013:

GSXR888
Oct 10th, 2008, 01:49 PM
That sucks! Losers! I would spread that they do bad business as much as possible! :evilgrin0013:

What got me was he acted like bypassing the BAS was a good thing, he said,"Well, at least your bike won't turn off when you drop it.":D

I told him,"Yeah well at least I know it will catch fire if I go down! Thanks!"

And drove off...:mad:

Ready2Run
Oct 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM
What got me was he acted like bypassing the BAS was a good thing, he said,"Well, at least your bike won't turn off when you drop it.":D

I told him,"Yeah well at least I know it will catch fire if I go down! Thanks!"

And drove off...:mad:

THere is a reason why safety measures are put in place on things. Just ask my cousin who decided to take the turn-off safety mechanism off his lawnmower. He really misses part of his finger!

PRTSMN
Oct 10th, 2008, 05:36 PM
THere is a reason why safety measures are put in place on things. Just ask my cousin who decided to take the turn-off safety mechanism off his lawnmower. He really misses part of his finger!

:weirdface:Ouch!! that sounds like one of my mothers old boyfriends. He took the saftey off the table saw well now he can only count to 6 on his hands.

Calkidd
Oct 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Ray, I have some nuts that you can have. I bought them when I had the RR.Wait, doesn't Julie have those under lock and key?