PDA

View Full Version : Had a great weekend at SOW until....

Blakester
Oct 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I went out for race practice on sat and had a great day, my first time on the track since I highsided at BW a month earlier. THen on sunday morning practice before the races, I went out on my first lap and got taken out from behind by another rider. The best I can figure is that we were coming over the blind left down towards turn 10, I had a guy in front of me and he got on the brakes really hard and I rolled off the throttle and when I did, my bike got unsettled and I was sent over the front right side of the bike. As I was sliding down the track, I was like wth? just happened. I jumped up and ran off the track and looked back and there was my bike with another bike on top of it and another one crashed into it. We all were fine, though the last guy had to be hauled off in an ambulance and it was scary seeing him lying face down knocked out on the track, I almost ran on the track to block him from oncoming bikes but the corner worker was right on it and my hats off to him. I even found him later in the pits and told him what a great job he did. My bike got jacked pretty good, but I'll be back, it is a part of racing or in my case race practice. I didn't even get to start my race//:( Oh and Thank you Chris Y. for coming and checking on me, your a good dude.:D

Wile_E_Coyote
Oct 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I felt real bad for you Derik. Keep your chin up and keep at it. You'll be racing soon enough. On the plus side, it was good to meet you finally.

Blakester
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I felt real bad for you Derik. Keep your chin up and keep at it. You'll be racing soon enough. On the plus side, it was good to meet you finally.

It sure was nice to meet you, cheered me up alittle. I think I took it all really good, wasn't too upset about the whole thing, just confused on how it happened until a guy that was on the track and saw the whole thing came over and talked to me and explained what happened.

JonJon
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Dang man, that sucks. Sounds like you've had a string of bad luck. Keep at it tho! It's worth every moment! hah

Blakester
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Dang man, that sucks. Sounds like you've had a string of bad luck. Keep at it tho! It's worth every moment! hah

Yesterday was bad luck, but the highside at BW, I was just pushing it alittle too much and ended up on my head, it was totally my fault. Time to rebuild and get back out there before I loose my mojo..LOL

poach
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Just glad you're ok bro. From what I saw...you're 100% no fault. Just sorry you had to get caught up in that incident and get your day ruined.

Now get that sucker put back together and go racing!!:thumbsup:

Blakester
Oct 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Just glad you're ok bro. From what I saw...you're 100% no fault. Just sorry you had to get caught up in that incident and get your day ruined.

Now get that sucker put back together and go racing!!:thumbsup:

Thanks, looks like I won't get my first race in until next season now.:( With Christmas around the corner, Mama won't go for spending about $1000 for parts and a new helmet. Oh well, always next year, it will be my winter project..:D

poach
Oct 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM
That's the spirit!

I know how it is. If momma ain't happy...ain't NO ONE happy...

Blakester
Oct 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
That's the spirit!

I know how it is. If momma ain't happy...ain't NO ONE happy...

Got that right, oh and my buddy Ben Diaz, well it wasn't just a dislocated shoulder, wish it was, he broke the ball off the arm bone up in the shoulder and has to get it surgically repaired, what a bummer.:( I guess I am luckier than him, could have been worse for me.

poach
Oct 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Ohhhh Krap...I see some hardware in that young man's future.:(

took it like a champ though...seriously positive attitude...

Blakester
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Ohhhh Krap...I see some hardware in that young man's future.:(

took it like a champ though...seriously positive attitude...

For sure, the whole drive home, he kept cracking me up. Sucked driving pulling a trailer with 2 crashed bikes, we got some really funny stares..LOL I figured people would just think we crashed into each other.:eek:

poach
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Just give em your best "wtf you lookin' at?" stare. That'll learn em...

Blakester
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Just give em your best "wtf you lookin' at?" stare. That'll learn em...

I ain't got one, I am too nice I guess..LMAO

poach
Oct 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I ain't got one, I am too nice I guess..LMAO

uh huh...:pound:

tripleplay6543
Oct 6th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hey buddy sorry to hear about your day at SOW. Hope to see ya out again some time soon. Winter gets boring w/o a project to work on anyway right?

ti2ttmatt
Oct 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Derik,
So sorry to hear all of this. That sucks to come off of a crash only to be greeted with another one. Completely not your fault nonetheless. Good luck with the winter project and even though I know you have a ton of friends in the industry, please let us know if we can help you out with anything.
Matt

yoageallen
Oct 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
That is a major Bummer Derik! Glad you are not hurt.

Blakester
Oct 7th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks fellas, so I ended up going to the ER on monday night, probaly should have went on sunday night after the crash but I am a hard head, but not as hard as I thought. I was suffering from headaches, complete loss and double vision, slurred speech and blacking out. I ended up staying there most the night, but luckily the CT scan came out neg. I only have some minor swelling which is due to the fact I have had 2 concussions within a month period. Doing alot better today but I still have to see a Neuro to see if my brain is functioning properly, heck it probaly never has..LOL

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 7th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks fellas, so I ended up going to the ER on monday night, probaly should have went on sunday night after the crash but I am a hard head, but not as hard as I thought. I was suffering from headaches, complete loss and double vision, slurred speech and blacking out. I ended up staying there most the night, but luckily the CT scan came out neg. I only have some minor swelling which is due to the fact I have had 2 concussions within a month period. Doing alot better today but I still have to see a Neuro to see if my brain is functioning properly, heck it probaly never has..LOL

bummer man. hope for a speedy recovery. I bet being out of the gym is bad enough.

Blakester
Oct 7th, 2008, 09:37 PM
bummer man. hope for a speedy recovery. I bet being out of the gym is bad enough.

Actually man, I, despite better judgement, workout yesterday and again today, cause I am addicted.

aaw749r
Oct 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Sorry to her about your string of misshaps. Sometimes that is a part of life, ya just have to roll woth the punches. Glad you are, for the most part, OK.

If you need some straightning (minor stuff) or welding (anything) on your ride let me know.