PDA

View Full Version : ZZ 9/29 Was not a good trackday for me!

yella600rr
Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
I broke my bike! :(

Crappiest trackday ever for me.

2 laps in the 1st A session came over the blind hill of T3a and a bike was down on the track right in front of me. I ended up laying my bike down and the bike and I flipped when we hit the curbing.

I couldn't even push myself up to a crawl so I commando crawled to the wall. Rolled over stood up and gave the corner worker a thumbup and then fainted. Became alert saw the ambulance pull up and thought the other guy was hurt and the next 15 to 20 minutes of my life is totally blank. The report says I didn't lose consciences but I don't remember being picked up and carted off the track. My next memory is seeing Ernie's very concerned face looking at me in the back of the Ambulance and Shawn handing me my wallet.

For a few minutes I couldn't remember anything, not unloading the bike, the riders meeting, getting on the track, nada I was a little scared and then they gave me some oxygen and then I started piecing it all together.

The ER did a CAT scan of my cranium and neck. Got the, every thing is ok and they released me.

Thankfully I made it back to the track for Danni's delicious lunch.

Huge thanks to Carla for picking me up from ER! You were a saint to me that day. She also drove me to the other side of the track so I could learn some things by watching the pros lines from 7 down through the bus stop.

Thank you Ernie! But a thanks just doesn't seem to be enough.

Ernie and I removed what plastics that were still on the bike, removed the gas tank and the rest of the bike will be on its way to GP Frame and Wheel in Napa for check out.

I'm stiff and sore but very thankful that I didn't hit the bike that was on the track. Wish I would have deployed better evasive maneuvers and just road around it!

poach
Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
Yikes...the days of high adventure for sure. Glad you're ok local girl.:thumbsup:

So...uhhhhh...does this mean you're not coming to TurkeyDaz with us?:pound:;)

Joe Average
Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
glad to hear you're doing ok. bikes can be repaired/replaced.

Wile_E_Coyote
Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Glad you're ok! You'll be back for more. :)

yella600rr
Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Wednesday I was thinking of quiting, then I bought a full set of race fairings off of EBAY for $71 + $74 shipping.

I've got the upper fairing stay on order.

Bought a brandnew set of Sato frame sliders from a friend.

Also I had just purchased a brand new set of Sato rearsets, that I hadn't installed yet, so they are still in the box all nice a pretty. :)

If GP Frame and Wheel can't straighten the dent in the edge of the front wheel rim I need to find a replacement front wheel.

I'm hoping to have all this done for a double header Infineon trackday with Keigwins for Nov. 4/5

I'm also booked for Keigwins at Luguna double header for Nov. 20/21.

aaw749r
Oct 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Glad you are OK! Incidences like that can put things in perspective. Go get em.

PRTSMN
Oct 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Glad to see your good. Well looks like you will be back at it in no time.:D

Bonkers
Oct 3rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
Wows .. so glad your ok :) sounds very scary ..

GSXR888
Oct 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Yikes! Glad to hear your okay, bikes can be fixed it's harder for us to be fixed!

yoageallen
Oct 3rd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Happy you are well. too bad for the bike.

yella600rr
Oct 3rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the kind words and letting me vent just a little bit.

I haven't been on CVR for very long but so far I like it here! :thumbup: