PDA

View Full Version : Track Day Moto Rentals

rated_r1
Oct 3rd, 2008, 12:35 AM
I am sitting here talking to my boss as we speank. He and I are possibly interested in getting on to the track soon. He dosent have a sport bike only touring. He is curious what tracks if any rent out bikes. At what price and how long of intervals are the track sessions. I'm assuming we are both "C" riders because we have no track days under are belts. If any can give info I'd appriciate it.

McLuvin_R1
Oct 3rd, 2008, 12:47 AM
I am sitting here talking to my boss as we speank. He and I are possibly interested in getting on to the track soon. He dosent have a sport bike only touring. He is curious what tracks if any rent out bikes. At what price and how long of intervals are the track sessions. I'm assuming we are both "C" riders because we have no track days under are belts. If any can give info I'd appriciate it.

I doubt they rent bikes out, but you guys can take turns on your bike. Or have him trade the cruiser in for a rocket:word:

rated_r1
Oct 3rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
There are places that rent bikes I just don't remember. Plus I'd rather pay a little more and still fell good that my bike is in one piece, if I were to go down, haha.

VintageRider
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
www.trackbikerental.com

rated_r1
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM
www.trackbikerental.com

Thank you I am actually on thier site right now, just checked back in to see if there was anything new. The only thing I don't like is a $2500 deposit for the bike, I'm broke, lol can't afford that. I'm going to have to save up. I need to buy leathers, boots and new gloves. No matter the route I go this is costly, lol.

kidmoua
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:15 AM
you have a R6..thats a perfect track bike right there

VintageRider
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:16 AM
Your more then half way there, I gotta get a bike that's not 30 years old and then the rest of the stuff... But reading about everyone hitting the track has inspired me to set that goal for myself!!! But first I got to get my bike back on the frigin road... Waiting for parts from Japan...

rated_r1
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:19 AM
you have a R6..thats a perfect track bike right there
I havent updated my Profile, my buddy is now the proud owner of my 6er. I would rather use a rental bike, if it gets abused I'm not as consious about it and thinking im messing up my bike. It will be my boss and my 1st track day, I'd fell more comfortable on a 600 rather than my R1.

kidmoua
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:22 AM
I'm not 100% on this but if you wreck a rental bike, it's coming out of your pocket.. so might as well ride yours

rated_r1
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:28 AM
Yea, I'm looking into that to see how that works. I've never had to ask but if you wreck your bike on the track your insurance should still cover it right?

VintageRider
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:31 AM
Thats what the 2,500 dollar deposit is for... Insurance

kidmoua
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:33 AM
Yea, I'm looking into that to see how that works. I've never had to ask but if you wreck your bike on the track your insurance should still cover it right?

from what I was told, if you tell them that you were attending a enrichment course/class when you wreck, they'll cover it..just dont say anything about racing or time trial..but I know a few guys that wrecked at the track and told the ins. that they wrecked up in the hills, ins. covered it

Thats what the 2,500 dollar deposit is for... Insurance

I'll still rather ride my bike..

SyKoTiK
Oct 3rd, 2008, 01:46 AM
from what I was told, if you tell them that you were attending a enrichment course/class when you wreck, they'll cover it..just dont say anything about racing or time trial..but I know a few guys that wrecked at the track and told the ins. that they wrecked up in the hills, ins. covered it

chances are if u wrek ur bike itll cost less to fix it then the 2500 that ull pay them

VintageRider
Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:01 AM
Really you could say that if you had $2,500 bucks to put down as a deposit and not worry about it if you lost it then why not find a bike on craigslist or somewhere which you can dedicate that bike just to the track? Save up a little bit more and there you go a track bike that you wouldn't have to "worry" about.. Besides it sounds like your almost planning on wrecking.... If I where in your shoes I would just go out there with what you got... Give it a whirl and not push yourself so hard that your going to wreck... Granted accidents happen but it has been said there are plenty of guys on here that would help you get the bike up if you laid it down..:word:

rated_r1
Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:43 AM
I am not planning on falling but I'd just like to have that area covered just incase. I highly doubt I'd fall but better thought out than not.

desmolvr
Oct 3rd, 2008, 07:50 AM
The Track Club has a vendor that rents bikes at the track here is a link http://www.motogio.com/store/home.php?cat=315. He is a great guy and his bikes are usually well prepped.

poach
Oct 3rd, 2008, 07:53 AM
www.RaceBikeRentals.com

I hear these 2fiddy's are a hoot. These are race bikes so they're designed for minimal damgage if they hit the pavement. The guy is chasing the racer market and they created a new wsmc class that folks are having a lot of fun with. But I'm sure he'd consider renting for a track day.;)

Sticka
Oct 3rd, 2008, 07:53 AM

Lying to the insurance company is not a good idea. :rolleyes:

Check your policy, most will insure you as long as you are not being timed or in a race. Track days are not considered racing.

GsxR1000Ryda
Oct 3rd, 2008, 07:55 AM

Check your policy, most will insure you as long as you are not being timed or in a race. Track days are not considered racing.

If thats the case, the 1000 will 4 sure see the track now.
need to get the insurance a call here soon

Sticka
Oct 3rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
If thats the case, the 1000 will 4 sure see the track now.
need to get the insurance a call here soon

Yeah, make sure you check. Some will, some won't cover it.

kidmoua
Oct 3rd, 2008, 03:59 PM

he wasn't lying..he did wreck it up in the hills; ThunderHill :pound:

PRTSMN
Oct 3rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
he wasn't lying..he did wreck it up in the hills; ThunderHill :pound:

Your on to something there t5 is on a hill.
:D

Ralph
Oct 12th, 2008, 04:49 PM
TrackCrafters has some sweet bikes for rent, we have folks fly in and ride. All they need is helmet and gloves. Just set up an R6 for a guy flying in from east coast for the Laguna Seca Nov 11th. Has Ohlins front and rear, Pirelli slicks, fuel and a lap timer, he is an A rider and wants the best.... $275 a day

kidmoua
Oct 12th, 2008, 05:54 PM
TrackCrafters has some sweet bikes for rent, we have folks fly in and ride. All they need is helmet and gloves. Just set up an R6 for a guy flying in from east coast for the Laguna Seca Nov 11th. Has Ohlins front and rear, Pirelli slicks, fuel and a lap timer, he is an A rider and wants the best.... $275 a day

OMG..that's it... sign me up